THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackon Became Too Focused on RG3

CaineDeSoulis

Only thing missing is Flug in the middle as Bobby "the brain" Hennan ;) ..Thanks Canton Mike..The voice of reason(it's gunna be a long season)

Thanks Gumby & I believe you when you state "it's gunna be a long season", but I also think we'll continue to see some bright spots with this young Team that will bode well for the future.

Mike

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if I'm Beavis or Butthead, but I have been feeling kinda like a Butthead all day, so I will delete the post where I snapped on Larry and hope he comes back.

We are about to go undefeated in the division and the conference and he should be able to watch me enjoy it.

Z

Right...Flugel, Zombo....Im not trying to be a dick and it'shard to create proper tone on the forum...you guys are great and super fans.....dont let my Browns disappointment make you think Im pissed at you or its a personal thing,,,,Zombo nailed my state of mind...

Thanks Mud! I can assure you nobody ever thinks you're a dick. If anything, I like that you challenge me to rethink something like you did with Pettine last year. Your football opinions are easy to respect. The rare times I disagree with you - you do a great job of letting me know where you're coming from.

We're right where we need to be. Ready for week 2...

Edit:I don't follow Flugel's take on Hoorta at all. I just think Hoorta is tired of seeing shitty football. I get it. But to say that repeatedly and to infer that the new regime sucks is just beating a dead horse.

You know you couldn't keep me away the night before a game. :)

^^^^ Yeah- I suppose that's it. Just tired of lousy losing football. I'm afraid it's finally beaten me down. It hurts to tune into every national sports radio show in the car and (/45op4510- my pal's cat just gave his opinion walking on the keyboard) hearing them ragging on how bad the Browns are and laughing about it. Look, I don't want anyone fired (unlike Ghoolie) I'm at least willing to give Sashi and Depodesta a chance- certainly until the end of next season. It's not that the new regime sucks- it's yet unproven, there's a difference. Yup- there's some bright spots- but I'm afraid this is going to be a long season with a lot of growing pains.

& Flugs- OK I was wrong about Sheldon. I wasn't focusing on Sheldon every play like PFF. But my take was he wasn't doing anything special.

I think everyone just needs to calm down, and take the season as it comes. I'll try to not let my frustrations show, if the losses start piling up.

Boy, this is starting to look like a dirty political campaign that seems to be creating animosity among some well respected posters. There is no need to "call out" a poster because of differing points of view or pit one poster against another. I don't believe that was any of their intention. It's still far too early for any of us to know where the Browns are headed down the road and as Fans we have a variety of opinions but they need not put us in "attack mode". Can we just agree to disagree in a civil manner?

I'm taking the "wait & see" approach and sticking to my philosophy that positives do not result from negatives.

I'll support the Coaches & Players on the Browns, whoever they may be & GO BROWNS!!

Mike

Exactly Mike. This shouldn't be a "us Vs. them". In the long run- we all want the Browns to win, some of us are just being more patient about the process. If the goal is to turn the Browns into a long term winner, I just hope the current incarnation of the FO and coaching staff is the right one to accomplish that goal.

You know you couldn't keep me away the night before a game. :)

^^^^ Yeah- I suppose that's it. Just tired of lousy losing football. I'm afraid it's finally beaten me down. It hurts to tune into every national sports radio show in the car and (/45op4510- my pal's cat just gave his opinion walking on the keyboard) hearing them ragging on how bad the Browns are and laughing about it. Look, I don't want anyone fired (unlike Ghoolie) I'm at least willing to give Sashi and Depodesta a chance- certainly until the end of next season. It's not that the new regime sucks- it's yet unproven, there's a difference. Yup- there's some bright spots- but I'm afraid this is going to be a long season with a lot of growing pains.

& Flugs- OK I was wrong about Sheldon. I wasn't focusing on Sheldon every play like PFF. But my take was he wasn't doing anything special.

I think everyone just needs to calm down, and take the season as it comes. I'll try to not let my frustrations show, if the losses start piling up.

Good idea Larry! FWIW, I've been glad you're a Browns fan since the day I met you. It's not your fault I had way too much caffeine/coffee when I was replying and ribbing you in a cyberspace sports topic. My frustration should never be that I can't influence your opinion into the one I have. I'll try to do a better job of remembering the 1 thing we all keep in common is we're sick and tired of losing regardless of our varied pov about who's at fault for the sum of it all today and how much time is reasonable. It would be nice to get a season full of high 5s for a refreshing change but we know exactly what we signed up for.

1) Why Hue fell in love with RG3 remains a mystery, McCown is a better quarterback and was always a better choice to be the starter - but Hue chose to start the worse option anyway

2) RG3 will probably start for the browns again this season, I suspect McCown won't make it 15 games.

3) Thank god we didn't trade McCown, starting Kessler in week 2 would probably have been a disaster.

4) I don't "trust hue on this one." Everybody agrees with overdrafted Kessler, and he hasn't shown us anything in the pre-season.

5) We're probably going to draft a top QB in 2017

Some great points here so I only have a few piggybacks.

Like they often said down in Texas during basketball season regarding Yao Ming: "Made in China = Stayed on sideline." That might end up being a blessing for everyone but RG3.

McCown might not make it the full year; but Kessler isn't the only rookie QB we have here any more. This is just a question but did the current Head Coach at Stanford (running a Pro Style Offense) coach under Hue in Oakland? If so, maybe Hogan catches on to Hue's system quicker...

Yes, we probably will draft a QB in 2017 but that doesn't guarantee us the supply will cooperate with our demand unfortunately.

Well..I think he's a dick. ...someone had to say it.

Ha!.....you wouldnt be the first or the last....;)

Just tired of lousy losing football. I'm afraid it's finally beaten me down. It hurts to tune into every national sports radio show in the car and (/45op4510- my pal's cat just gave his opinion walking on the keyboard) hearing them ragging on how bad the Browns are and laughing about it. Look, I don't want anyone fired (unlike Ghoolie) I'm at least willing to give Sashi and Depodesta a chance- certainly until the end of next season.

This shouldn't be a "us Vs. them". In the long run- we all want the Browns to win

Right....and, at least from my perspective, Im not upset that it's gonna be a long season or that the Browns lose(and will continue to do so for a while).....I honestly just rate what I see and just have an itch about the FO and the staff.....cant deny what I feel.....SO, when I have these deep concerns, then see my worries coming to fruition, I gotta say it.....

And hey, people who think we should wait a whole season to evaluate anything are silly.....the evaluation started the second these guys stepped into the job and will continue.....stop with the "wait" crap.....we can see good coaching and talent, no matter what the score is.....and we can see the opposite just as easily.....and I will point to great plays and players and I will point to bad plays and bad players too.....whatever jumps out.....

And the one thing I definitely CANT DO, is create optimism and false hope just because I love the Browns......though I will try to find the little things(as always) to keep my interest up......so, this week, lets hope for some stops, first downs, a sack or 2. a TD and the one Ive been REALLY waiting for....a big play from Coleman(and a game without a drop).....cause I cant spend the whole year yapping about Nassib and Kindred.....gonna take a lot more than those 2 to get my juices flowing.....

the 1 thing we all keep in common is we're sick and tired of losing regardless of our varied pov about who's at fault for the sum of it all today and how much time is reasonable. It would be nice to get a season full of high 5s for a refreshing change but we know exactly what we signed up for.

Exactly.....sick and tired of losing.....so, dont be afraid to say it.....loud and proud!

But.....I want to stress that I did not sign up for any of this.....the Browns are like cigarettes or heroine....just got hooked, but been getting dragged down and regretting the habit for years now.....

And the whole FO thing has been a BIG issue for me since the day of the hire.....I desperately wanted Haslem to make a good(strong)(sensible)(football) hire this time around and was shocked and dismayed that he gave the job to a baseball guy and a lawyer....sorry, but I cant get on that train, hard as I try.....just....cant.....

Ha!.....you wouldnt be the first or the last.... ;)

Right....and, at least from my perspective, Im not upset that it's gonna be a long season or that the Browns lose(and will continue to do so for a while).....I honestly just rate what I see and just have an itch about the FO and the staff.....cant deny what I feel.....SO, when I have these deep concerns, then see my worries coming to fruition, I gotta say it.....

And hey, people who think we should wait a whole season to evaluate anything are silly.....the evaluation started the second these guys stepped into the job and will continue.....stop with the "wait" crap.....we can see good coaching and talent, no matter what the score is.....and we can see the opposite just as easily.....and I will point to great plays and players and I will point to bad plays and bad players too.....whatever jumps out.....

And the one thing I definitely CANT DO, is create optimism and false hope just because I love the Browns......though I will try to find the little things(as always) to keep my interest up......so, this week, lets hope for some stops, first downs, a sack or 2. a TD and the one Ive been REALLY waiting for....a big play from Coleman(and a game without a drop).....cause I cant spend the whole year yapping about Nassib and Kindred.....gonna take a lot more than those 2 to get my juices flowing.....

Exactly.....sick and tired of losing.....so, dont be afraid to say it.....loud and proud!

But.....I want to stress that I did not sign up for any of this.....the Browns are like cigarettes or heroine....just got hooked, but been getting dragged down and regretting the habit for years now.....

And the whole FO thing has been a BIG issue for me since the day of the hire.....I desperately wanted Haslem to make a good(strong)(sensible)(football) hire this time around and was shocked and dismayed that he gave the job to a baseball guy and a lawyer....sorry, but I cant get on that train, hard as I try.....just....cant.....

your whole post is dead on and is EXACTLY the way i feel. i love this team. i mean anyone here could just say fuck it and change their loyalty to another team that actually wins. i've been taking lumps from other fans from where i've lived in the past, west coast to east coast since the 70s, never budging on my commitment because of where i was born. i'm not a numbers guy. i'm just a regular guy who loves nfl football and my team the browns. even though i don't analyze every play or player i think 40+ years of watching the sport my eyes don't lie. sure we all miss on certain players we fall in love with and i've had some doozies who've bombed. but i'm also not getting paid a ton of money to make decisions that will affect a football franchise for years to come. i was a defender of farmer. i liked the run on dbs...but to not draft one that stuck? hmmmm. (wrs this year anyone?) someone mentioned in another thread that they wanted to see the fundamentals of football....block, tackle etc. another mentioned they teach that in college and why do they forget how to do it when they come to cleveland. well, i can say the same thing about our FO for the past gazillion years. some people have great intuition about others they meet or see from afar. this thing right here, right now as soon as these hires were made......yikes.

god help haslam if this new FO doesn't work out. i mean he might be at the end of his rope if it doesn't. a big 4 sale sign might be the next step in our storied franchise's history. and IMO the next best big step that could happen.

......yikes.

god help haslam if this new FO doesn't work out. i mean he might be at the end of his rope if it doesn't. a big 4 sale sign might be the next step in our storied franchise's history. and IMO the next best big step that could happen.

Yep.....had such high hopes for Haslam.....had his back for quite a while too.....hoped his demand for excellence would permeate the franchise......but.....

Nope....not happenin....

Now, I see him more as a foolish, impatient meddler, who really doesnt know what he wants or how to get there......and IF he truly WAS the guy who made the Johnny pick....then he is a coward too.... for letting his FO take the hits that keep coming.....just admit it Jimmy and absolve your FO of your bad(bad)(bad) mistakes........HA!

If I had a mechanic who I trusted to fix my car.....and he botched it the first time......then screwed it up the next time......and then did it again.....do you think Id have blind faith in his repairs?....hell no....Haslam is very very very deep into show me time and no longer has my trust to make smart decisions....(none)(zippo)(nada).....

I desperately wanted Haslem to make a good(strong)(sensible)(football) hire this time around and was shocked and dismayed that he gave the job to a baseball guy and a lawyer....sorry, but I cant get on that train, hard as I try.....just....cant.....

I just don't see the problem here Mud. :lol:

https://youtu.be/IhN1ExFCXNA?t=1m

That dinner is going to be the least scary part of your trip ... you haven't met my friends yet.

Zombo

Jeffery Dahmer had his mom over for supper. She mention that she doesn't like his friends. Jeffery looks at his mom and says..." that's ok mom just eat your vegetables then".

I'm glad they keep pushing RG3's return further into the future. Perhaps he can "come off IR" just in time for game16.

Just saw the "12 week" news for RG3's injury. I see it as bad news. If true, it's not going to leave enough time in this season to kill the RG3 resurrection myth.

That dinner is going to be the least scary part of your trip ... you haven't met my friends yet.

lol... I'll worry about your friends. You focus on the weather. If I have to wear Zoey as a rainhat, I will.

lol... I'll worry about your friends. You focus on the weather. If I have to wear Zoey as a rainhat, I will.

Still plenty of time to kill the Kessler myth tho...... ;)

Edit....Whoops....quoted the wrong comment.....

Just saw the "12 week" news for RG3's injury. I see it as bad news. If true, it's not going to leave enough time in this season to kill the RG3 resurrection myth.

Gotta say...Kessler was very close to coming in several times today.....and, it might just be me, but he looked big eyed horrified.....

Who knows if McCown will even be able to play next week?.....smooshed in the first quarter, then continuously throughout the game.....its gonna end bad....very very bad....and Kessler does NOT look like he is geared up and chomping at the bit to take over....

Gotta say...Kessler was very close to coming in several times today.....and, it might just be me, but he looked big eyed horrified.....

Who knows if McCown will even be able to play next week?.....smooshed in the first quarter, then continuously throughout the game.....its gonna end bad....very very bad....and Kessler does NOT look like he is geared up and chomping at the bit to take over....

I like Kess for reasons I've stated earlier, but I said the same thing in the Game Day Thread...... Dude's eyes were big as saucers, not very confidence inspiring.

I like Kess for reasons I've stated earlier, but I said the same thing in the Game Day Thread...... Dude's eyes were big as saucers, not very confidence inspiring.

Right...my take too.....I think if McCown has to sit out games, they will find someone to start ahead of him....man, hope McC has something minor that'll heal fast........

Right...my take too.....I think if McCown has to sit out games, they will find someone to start ahead of him....man, hope McC has something minor that'll heal fast........

Yup, holding my breath that I don't see a "McCown's out for the year" thread tomorrow......

yep....after watching him last year, I was feeling pretty confident he would come out firing today.....especially now that he has some targets .....and he would show that he shoulda been the starter all along....at least we have the comfort of knowing we "can" move the ball and get into the endzone.....

but for now.....lets focus on keeping him alive....

Hell, I wouldn't blame him for thinking "I've watched the two dudes ahead of me get slaughtered, I'm too young to die!"

Kess definitely looked like a nervous dude but I would expect some nerves out of a guy about to get thrown into his first game and it is tight with a division rival. We shall see. Whichever rookie goes in, I fully expect them to make some dumb mistakes. The upside is that it looks like we might have some receiving talent. The downside is that the rookie will be running for their life.

Archived