THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone Excited About Kessler Yet?

wargograw

Yup, I caught hell for siding with Ghoolie that we weren't going to be very good. He can call Harrah's now and collect that $1,000 he bet on the over\under- with 4 weeks left in the season. If you remember, I put the o\u at 2-1\2, and took the under. Too bad I don't gamble. Still perfect in the Survivor pool. This coming Sunday, I have Bye favored by 3 against the Browns. :D

You must be psychic Ag, I'm having a rum and coke whilst I'm typing this.

Ah, Cuba Libre as they call it in Venezuela. You drinking that to ease the pain or to celebrate Fidel's death in Cuba Friday? :lol:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kessler rg3 McCown hell even hogan none can be judged till the line is fixed they are bad the worst in the league the worst I have ever seen. The d the wr play the rb you can't read any of it because the o line is so poor put it the way if dak who everyone is sucking off was on the browns he would probably be on the IR

Not sure Cody could've done much better. McCown was obviously under pressure and had to use his legs to buy time too often. Cody probably would've been sacked more, but who really knows. I do know that McCown was his same inconsistent self...missing on several big throws, and hitting some others. He had two key misses to Barnidge that were awful...one in particular that wasn't even close. We needed a QB yesterday to win, and we didn't have one. When Greco got hurt, I knew what was coming. We all did. Would Cody have made more plays than Josh? A part of me WANTS to say yes, but I doubt it. Corey Coleman ran a terrific route on that touchdown, and McCown threw a damn laser. Cody doesn't have that kind of power, but if Cody timed it right, he certainly could've scored that TD too.

Our only hope to win a game and avoid being an awful part of history is...RG III. It actually HURT me to type that btw. With his injury history, how long would HE last? When he WAS playing, it wasn't like he displayed a GREAT ability to escape pressure. To me, he appeared confused, and he was desperate to prove that he could be a pocket QB, so he didn't WANT to run. Now, he'll have little choice. If/when he gets on the field, he'll be running for his life. I fully expect to see him after the bye week, and he'll start for as long as he's healthy. Robert DESPERATELY needs to get the medical clearance, or else we'll be going with McCown until he sustains another injury.

Feel like there's no hope. I mean, how much better can we REALLY be next year?

McCown threw a laser for the TD? Coleman was wide open and they played catch. He doesn't get credit for that. McCown was under no pressure. Basically the same as Kessler's pass to DeValve a week or two back. Coleman ran a nice route and just killed Jenkins (who seems like a real POS).

McCown does get some credit for the 50 yarder to Pryor down the centre of the field, which was nicely thrown.

Feel like there's no hope. I mean, how much better can we REALLY be next year?

About 3 or 4 wins better...

Hope that's enough for you to hang in there.

About 3 or 4 wins better...

Hope that's enough for you to hang in there.

Yay.....a 2 year rebuild just to get us back to where we were last year.....and the 7 years prior to it.....

I guess one good thing about depleting your team to the point of being winless, is that now even a single win will be billed as "measurable improvement"....

True, but really depends upon in addition to the wins, how many more games we are in...

If it's just 3 or 4 more, it'll be a long year, but if we are in 6 to 8 more, then there will be some excitement.

Perhaps.....and I do anticipate that we will win some games.....it just has to happen eventually....

But....for ME....the excitement starts when there is hope to win "something".....and that something is gonna be more than a game or 2....

And, if we aren't gonna win games, then.....

I could get excited about "some" great players.....a super star emerging.....dominance in ONE of our position groups......something....

But....well, you know.....I dont see that anywhere on the immediate horizon either....

So....yeah, looking forward to "almost" winning some next year.....should be awesome

3-4 wins when your team is a bunch of rookies and second year players is much better than 3 wins with a team that had like 5 Pro Bowlers. Why is this so hard? This roster is healthy now. FTR, I expect in the 5-6 range.

3-4 wins when your team is a bunch of rookies and second year players is much better than 3 wins with a team that had like 5 Pro Bowlers. Why is this so hard? This roster is healthy now. FTR, I expect in the 5-6 range.

You expect 5-6 wins before knowing who we have on the roster next year? :o

You sure have a lot of faith in this FO and coaching staff.

you guys just don't get it...we should win more than 3 games next year. The nfl is such a league where it is very very hard to consistently win 3 or less games in a given year.

But when we go 5-11 or even 6-10, it doesn't neccessarily mean we are making improvements that will lead to continued improvements.

And as I've said before, the nfl is not a '4 year rebuild' league....hell the average player has a career length of only 3 years. This is always a plug and play and win(or lose) league...with the high levels of player turnover all around the league.

Well in that case you'd better explain it to us.... and slowly so we can follow along...

This is always a plug and play and win(or lose) league...with the high levels of player turnover all around the league.

Because???

Archived