THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trade for Patriots LB Jamie Collins

TypicalBrowns

As I would say- takes one to know one. It's why he's not around anymore- didn't have the discipline to stick to his allocated (unmoderated) thread.

lol... nice twist there...

Jamie Collins is expected to play "a lot" this weekend, and may even start. That's pretty amazing considering he's been with us for a couple of days. I'm eager to see him matched up on Jason Whitten.

You ever play a game of pool against a more talented player and notice how you play better and vice versa?

Don't get it twisted, Jamie Collins is a top 5 linebacker in the NFL. He is now on our team.

That Collins can walk in and play "a lot" may speak more to the relative complexity of our D vs the Pats' D.

The last time I recall Bill trading a top five-ish player was Richard Seymour for a first round pick to the Raiders who ended up franchising him and then making him the highest paid defender in the league. Collins may be all you say, but "top 5" players don;t go for end of the 3rd picks.

And mostly I've found myself standing off to the side, drinking more and leaning on my pool cue.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And mostly I've found myself standing off to the side, drinking more and leaning on my pool cue.

I don't play pool, but this edition of the Browns is condusive to drinking more. BTW, should you make it to Cleveland for a game, found this nice little wine bar in Brecksville called 750ml.

The last time I recall Bill trading a top five-ish player was Richard Seymour for a first round pick to the Raiders who ended up franchising him and then making him the highest paid defender in the league. Collins may be all you say, but "top 5" players don;t go for end of the 3rd picks.

Also nice to be the coach & the GM in Belicheck. Giving the Pats the early 3rd rounder works for me only if we sign Collins. but don't we gain back late 3rd rounder's for Mack & or Schwartz?

Giving the Pats the early 3rd rounder works for me only if we sign Collins.

The trade was for a conditional 3rd we expect we will see, but if it does not materialize then it becomes our first 4th rounder.

Seeing a lot more second guessing around the trade. Most of it centers around why we did not wait until he's an UFA. I guess they are basing that take on our long history of landing desirable UFAs... B)

Gotta admit...it is a bit troubling to hear the guy doesnt take coaching or game plans seriously and kind of just does his own thing....

actually....slightly more than a bit troubling....

And it's even worse that his new coach admits it and plans to go with it.....lets hope the rest of the players dont follow suit...

Considering this is a VERY young team, Id hope the few vets we have provide a solid example on professionalism and game prep....and am fairly concerned that this guy is the antithesis of that.....

... lets hope the rest of the players dont follow suit...

So-o-o-o-o-o.... you're saying they haven't been free-lancing? ;)

There's also a "don't file a suit" joke in there... hope I chose wisely...

Gotta admit...it is a bit troubling to hear the guy doesnt take coaching or game plans seriously and kind of just does his own thing....

actually....slightly more than a bit troubling....

And it's even worse that his new coach admits it and plans to go with it.....lets hope the rest of the players dont follow suit...

Considering this is a VERY young team, Id hope the few vets we have provide a solid example on professionalism and game prep....and am fairly concerned that this guy is the antithesis of that.....

I approve of this message.

...also, who the hell does his hair?

Archived