THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trade for Patriots LB Jamie Collins

TypicalBrowns

It's also been said by multiple analysts that Patriots were tired of Collins "doing whatever he wanted to" on defense,

Bill wants you doing what he wants you doing.

...so they shipped him to Hue at the NFL's Siberia.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny he's liked by PFF because his play this year has been pretty averaged compared to what he's done before.

Basically Jamie is new Mingo except he's able to finish plays when he gets there.

From the article: "With the only knock against Collins being his 34 missed tackles the past two seasons, the Patriot is the best linebacker in the AFC"

Yep, he'll fit right in to our defensive scheme.

This thread alone shows how far the organisation needs to go to win any sort of respect back. This is a great move for a great player with zero downside and people are being negative.

No negativity here! I think it's a great move. We're basically "trying out" Collins to see if he can be a guy we build around. If we can go into the draft already HAVING our defensive centerpiece...

This thread alone shows how far the organisation needs to go to win any sort of respect back. This is a great move for a great player with zero downside and people are being negative.

A trade with zero downside... first ever?

So which one of Bill and Sashi do we suppose was eating pancakes?

Which of the two looks like a glutten-free motherfucker?

There definitely might be a red flag. Maybe he's getting a big head, but if he wants to get von miller money he better put up for it. Obviously bill thinks he can draft a replacement pretty easily and snap him in that position in his system. I mean after this year, if he doesn't want to be here we can franchise tag him, but then he might leave the year after that (especially if things don't get better). I give props to the FO for grabbing someone that, and i'll stay optimistic. Gotta build the D somehow. Hate to say it, but i much rather would of wanted us to sign a Free Agent who wanted to be here. Lets hope Collins wants to be here and stay here after this year.

There definitely might be a red flag. Maybe he's getting a big head, but if he wants to get von miller money he better put up for it. Obviously bill thinks he can draft a replacement pretty easily and snap him in that position in his system. I mean after this year, if he doesn't want to be here we can franchise tag him, but then he might leave the year after that (especially if things don't get better). I give props to the FO for grabbing someone that, and i'll stay optimistic. Gotta build the D somehow. Hate to say it, but i much rather would of wanted us to sign a Free Agent who wanted to be here. Lets hope Collins wants to be here and stay here after this year.

I've heard that he wants around 12 mil a year. Will Stosh pay? Or will cCollins walk...I e Mack

I've heard that he wants around 12 mil a year. Will Stosh pay? Or will cCollins walk...I e Mack

From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Browns ILB Jamie Collins is looking for more than $12 million per season on his next deal.

Luke Kuechly's $12.36 million AAV is the most among off-ball linebackers, and it sounds like Collins wants to beat that mark. Considering the Browns have a ton of cap space and will want to keep him after giving up a third-round pick, there is a decent chance he reaches that goal. Trading with the Patriots does not usually work out, but Collins has the talent to be a defensive building block for Cleveland.

So which one of Bill and Sashi do we suppose was eating pancakes?

I'll give Patrisha all the pancakes he wants for a year (can't beat a Boston maple syrup though) most reads point to his $$, but the tape & class rooms failures would come from Patrisha. Watched Buff. & Pats replay & Patrisha was not happy with Collins free lancing on sidelines again. They have his younger replacement & Collins wants playing time..well... welcome to Cleveland & here's 12.5M..now go tackle on gameday

They have his younger replacement...

Bingo... some combo of the UH rookie and Mingo is there now.

$12mm per could be about right to keep him. Would slot him at 4th highest 3-4 OLB.

Bingo... some combo of the UH rookie and Mingo is there now.

$12mm per could be about right to keep him. Would slot him at 4th highest 3-4 OLB.

And the top 3 ahead of him are cornerstone pass rushers. I understand how necessary it may be to pay a little extra from time to time but Collins isn't Von, Houston, Ware, Etc etc. Only problem is - I don't think he realizes that.

And the top 3 ahead of him are cornerstone pass rushers. I understand how necessary it may be to pay a little extra from time to time but Collins isn't Von, Houston, Ware, Etc etc. Only problem is - I don't think he realizes that.

I could not agree more...

But you'd think the price he fetched might be a reality check...

Honestly, with our cap situation, you might as well go ahead and do it. Make it a three year deal. If he doesn't live up to it, no skin off anyone's back.

I'd think he'd want a longer term deal like every other guy who gets a big contract. I'd think at least 5-6 with a good chunk of it guaranteed. If all we're offering is three years then he'll just try free agency because some desperate team WILL give him what he wants.

What does this say about the guy.

Way to early to know what will happen or if this guy will work out. Reports are this guy doesn't like to prepare and solely relies on athleticism to make things happen. Let's hope that works out for Horton and his defensive schemes. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

From this article.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/becoming-clear-were-2-big-152321240.html

"Browns coach Hue Jackson, in defense of Collins, even seemed to acknowledge that Collins doesn't stick to the game plan, saying, "The way he freelances is OK with me."Similarly, as CBS notes, in an interview with Improper Bostonian in September, Collins said something revealing about his preparation when he was asked about watching football:

"I didn't grow up watching football, and I still don't. Me and Chandler Jones have talked about this since I first got up here. I never watched football. I never thought I'd be here, and I'd rather play video games. I don't really want to watch it."

I heard some STUPID stats about Collins today: He hasn't given up a coverage touchdown since early in 2014, BUT he's also adept at rushing the QB. Out of something like 260 snaps rushing the passer in his career, he had 40 hits or hurries (I forget the EXACT stat, but you get the idea). That's pretty sick. That's a higher percentage than people like Watt and other studs btw.

Oh, at the combine, Jamie Collins ran a 4.6 and blew everyone away with a 41.5 inch vertical leap. YO!

Listened to a Belichick discussion last week. One differentiating thing is that when it comes to the playbook Bill demands his players prepare themselves on their own time. And not just basic sets, but adjustments to whatever the opponent does.

"Freelancing" sounds like a synonym for "unprepared".

Belichick seems to agree with Lombardi on Jamie Collins

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/02/belichick-seems-to-agree-with-lombardi-on-jamie-collins/

I heard some STUPID stats about Collins today: He hasn't given up a coverage touchdown since early in 2014, BUT he's also adept at rushing the QB. Out of something like 260 snaps rushing the passer in his career, he had 40 hits or hurries (I forget the EXACT stat, but you get the idea). That's pretty sick. That's a higher percentage than people like Watt and other studs btw.

Oh, at the combine, Jamie Collins ran a 4.6 and blew everyone away with a 41.5 inch vertical leap. YO!

Ya,I noticed the jump on the FG. His problem with the Browns is going to be he can be specifically planned for. Compared to NE, our defensive talent is lacking, to put it mildly. Concerning if he's just using athletic talent to get by.

sounds like a great talent but as hoorta just pointed out opposing teams will scheme against, sorta like pryor on offense. sure he'll get 'his' but it's not like "it's gonna be GREAT!! if he get's double teamed that leaves all the rest of our game-breakers free to make plays!!"

.....exactly.

What does this say about the guy.

Way to early to know what will happen or if this guy will work out. Reports are this guy doesn't like to prepare and solely relies on athleticism to make things happen. Let's hope that works out for Horton and his defensive schemes. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

From this article.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/becoming-clear-were-2-big-152321240.html

"Browns coach Hue Jackson, in defense of Collins, even seemed to acknowledge that Collins doesn't stick to the game plan, saying, "The way he freelances is OK with me."Similarly, as CBS notes, in an interview with Improper Bostonian in September, Collins said something revealing about his preparation when he was asked about watching football:

"I didn't grow up watching football, and I still don't. Me and Chandler Jones have talked about this since I first got up here. I never watched football. I never thought I'd be here, and I'd rather play video games. I don't really want to watch it."

kind of sounds a bit like Justin Gilbert; lack of dedication to the game and relies on athleticism to get by. However, unlike Gilbert, Collins seems to make it work somehow. The Browns are 0-8 right now. I didn't think they could get worse than last year's 3-13 and O'Niel defense but the Browns are on track to prove me wrong. Hopefully, if nothing else, this move shows the team that the FO is not giving up on this season.

The fact he doesnt watch football doesnt bother me even slightly, cause he plays it and is forced to watch film all week. So in his freetime i can understand he wants nothing to do with it.

Reads like Belichick's capsule summary of why he sent both Collins and Chandler packing...

Archived