THE BROWNS BOARD

Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated

DieHardBrownsFan

So Cleve, you're saying that in retaliation for the hacks, we sloppily knock off an ambassador, in public, to one of our allies?

What exactly are we gaining there?

If anything it benefits Russia as it now gives them pretext to increase their influence in the area and generates more public backing for their little Middle Eastern foray.

If this was state sponsored, which I highly, highly doubt, you're pointing your finger at the wrong country.

If it was the U.S, it's simply retaliatory. And i beleive that's exactly what this was. It's not about gain, it's about the outgoing president giving one last fuck you to Putin. I made no statement that this was a good thing to do if it was the U.S. I'm just saying, if i was betting man....my money would be on some form of U.S influence here.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything it benefits Russia as it now gives them pretext to increase their influence in the area and generates more public backing for their little Middle Eastern foray.

Public backing from whom? The middle east hates the Russians. If anything there's probably a lot of people in that region with a smirk on their fact today. But like I said, I almost guarantee Erdogan was involved somehow.

If it was the U.S, it's simply retaliatory. And i beleive that's exactly what this was. It's not about gain, it's about the outgoing president giving one last fuck you to Putin. I made no statement that this was a good thing to do if it was the U.S. I'm just saying, if i was betting man....my money would be on some form of U.S influence here.

If that's the case, it's a weak fuck you. If there is going to be retaliation, it'll be much more destabilizing for Putin. Think along the lines of going after his inter circle, a misinformation campaign, hurting their economy, etc.

This is Russia we're talking about, Putin doesn't need their backing....he tells them what they back and they don't. C'mon man

I'm not a savant when it comes to Russia but I know enough to tell you that is complete horseshit.

Why do you think Putin has become more aggressive and antagonistic towards the U.S and the West in general?

Here's a hint, it started happening shortly after oil prices plummeted and Russia's economy started nose diving.

It's strongman 101 bud.

So Cleve, you're saying that in retaliation for the hacks, we sloppily knock off an ambassador, in public, to one of our allies?

What exactly are we gaining there?

If this was state sponsored, which I highly, highly doubt, you're pointing your finger at the wrong country.

Yep, that sounds about right. Russia is already talking about if not actually ramping up 'preservation of its interests' or whatever in Turkey. Turkey has been caught helping ISIS, and both Syria and Russia are very anti-ISIS.

I would normally say it's stupid for a country like Turkey to poke the bear (hey, bear!) but Erdogan is a colossal ass clown, so who knows.

Because thats how it had to look chris. They couldt use a cia hitma or something like that. They got to this cop somehow and turned him

Realize how much it grieves me to give any credence to this guy at all but if the CIA is any good whatsoever they probably have various ways of making an assassination appear. Got to switch up the mo.

Like that I think the CIA is behind this but if they were...

WSS

Archived