THE BROWNS BOARD

Trumps NFL tweet

stillmotion

22 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

First of all I have no idea of Tia or tours military service. Most people don't serve in the military. Doing so probably gives a greater understanding of certain aspects of government than I have or someone who didn't serve would have.

And even veterans can be cunts if it serves them politically. Die Hard picks on you because you are an asshole. Live by the anus, die by the anus. File a complaint with the administrators if you feel you've been treated unfairly.^_^

WSS

Diehard picks on everybody left of him because "HE" is a belligerent, incoherent drunk black asshole. It's not the point whether any of us served in the military you dotard, the point is anyone of us makes that statement that you made and team doturd erupts in a vaginal spasm. If I use the same lense that they use on us, on you, than quite frankly you're a got damn pussy fgt poofter....now own up to it. 

And I bet if we go back some ways we'd find posts of yours mocking the anti war demonstrations during Vietnam along with your bunk buds. But then...oh yeah I was going to conscientiously object.......and nary a peep from them. Remember my lecture on principle the other day? Your welcome

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, medicineman said:

IMO There is nothing different from what these players are doing compared to what actors from a tv show or movie I might like. These Hollywood morons open their mouths and spew out some kind of garbage that let's the world know how stupid they really are, I watch the show or movie because I liked the story line or character not the person they really are. I watch Football because I like the team, not what they do off the field, But I guess the point I am trying to make is if you are going to boycott the NFL you mite as well Boycott tv and movies to because they are not any better.

But thats just it, they are doing it on the field, not off.
Jim Brown said it best ...you wanna play football then play football, you wanna be an activist go be an activist. (paraphrased)

Kneeling for anthem is crossing the line when on a day when we on both sides should all be united to watch a football game without having to have politics shoved in your face.
No matter the issue, there is no line to cross in liberalism. Anything goes if it makes you feel good about your uppity selves.

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Diehard picks on everybody left of him because "HE" is a belligerent, incoherent drunk black asshole. It's not the point whether any of us served in the military you dotard, the point is anyone of us makes that statement that you made and team doturd erupts in a vaginal spasm. If I use the same lense that they use on us, on you, than quite frankly you're a got damn pussy fgt poofter....now own up to it. 

And I bet if we go back some ways we'd find posts of yours mocking the anti war demonstrations during Vietnam along with your bunk buds. But then...oh yeah I was going to conscientiously object.......and nary a peep from them. Remember my lecture on principle the other day? Your welcome

You lecturing anyone on principle is really hilarious. At any rate anyone who's been here long enough and has the brains to remember, which leaves you out, knows that I was a peace hippie when I was a kid. Graduated at the age of 17 in 1970. We were really anti war at that time and probably fancied ourselves as being morally opposed to it but probably to be truthful didn't want to get drafted and sent to Vietnam. I sure as hell didn't. I was fortunate my draft number was high

As I grew and learned more about the world I became disillusioned with the hypocritical left. Most people do. Not all.

As far as this "we" shit you keep mentioning I don't know how many of the guys on the left consider you a comrade.

WSS

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You lecturing anyone on principle is really hilarious. At any rate anyone who's been here long enough and has the brains to remember, which leaves you out, knows that I was a piece hippie when I was a kid. Graduated at the age of 17 in 1970. We were really anti war at that time and probably fancied ourselves as being morally opposed to it but probably to be truthful didn't want to get drafted and set to Vietnam. I sure as hell didn't. I was fortunate my draft number was high

As I grew and learned more about the world I became disillusioned with the hypocritical left. Most people do. Not all.

As far as this "we" shit you keep mentioning I don't know how many of the guys on the left consider you a comrade.

WSS

I have him on ignore, but had to read his post because you quoted him.  Did he call me a racial name?  

12 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

You’re criticizing a President that was a draft dodger.

I’m merely pointing out that Billy Bob was one too.

I know the libs hate it when I point out their double standards.

I don't think you understand the difference. If Bill Clinton were criticizing someone by wrapping his criticism with the flag that he did not himself serve to protect, I'd have just as big a problem with him as I do with the one that does. And I believe Donald Trump's loyalty to this country about as much as I believe his pious religiosity. They both stop with "me".

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't think you understand the difference. If Bill Clinton were criticizing someone by wrapping his criticism with the flag that he did not himself serve to protect, I'd have just as big a problem with him as I do with the one that does. And I believe Donald Trump's loyalty to this country about as much as I believe his pious religiosity. They both stop with "me".

You may be right Tex or not because you have to look into someone's heart to know motivation and humans can't do that only God can. I will say this that even though I dislike John McCain's politics he is a war hero and Trump should tread lightly in criticizing him and owes him an apology. He spent 5 years in a POW camp. I honor him for what he sacrificed for our country. You are correct that Trump did not serve when he could have so he really needs to be careful with any criticism of McCain's war record. 

I think it is just plain ignorant kneeling for the anthem myself. I don't see how it is a "protest" by shitting on the people who died for this Country, Others returned home, to not having a home and some made it back but I could only imagine the things they saw at 18-23. Has nothing to do with police, further more if you are so unhappy the police  did something to some Black kid or Black man, Why not get  more involved in helping kids and police "getting along" Or tell kids not to act like a damn thug and you wont have anything to worry about.

20 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Or tell kids not to act like a damn thug and you wont have anything to worry about.

Sorry but some of these people were not acting like thugs to get profiled. Michael Bennett of Seahawks fame was leaving a pro boxing match in Vegas when someone fired off a shot. He made the same mistake many other people near it made, he ran from the gunfire. So who did they stop and handcuff on the ground? Yep, the 6'5" 300+ lb. defensive lineman because he was a big black guy running from the scene. He got profiled and stayed in handcuffs about 20 minutes until they verified he actually was who he told them from the start that he really was. 

And the guy stopped in his car lawfully telling the officer he had a licensed concealed handgun permit gets shot to death even though he was doing what you are required to do, identify yourself as a licensed concealed handgun carrier. Yeah, real thug.

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sorry but some of these people were not acting like thugs to get profiled. Michael Bennett of Seahawks fame was leaving a pro boxing match in Vegas when someone fired off a shot. He made the same mistake many other people near it made, he ran from the gunfire. So who did they stop and handcuff on the ground? Yep, the 6'5" 300+ lb. defensive lineman because he was a big black guy running from the scene. He got profiled and stayed in handcuffs about 20 minutes until they verified he actually was who he told them from the start that he really was. 

And the guy stopped in his car lawfully telling the officer he had a licensed concealed handgun permit gets shot to death even though he was doing what you are required to do, identify yourself as a licensed concealed handgun carrier. Yeah, real thug.

Yes of course those incidents happen. But still if the idea is to draw attention to that assuming that they've been under-reported that's not the case at all. Every time a questionable police call happens it's the lead story for days to come. I have no doubt the police have their own version of the Bennet story.

But as for racial profiling that's up to the entire African American community. For example a child is found in his front yard mauled to death by an animal. Suspicion is naturally going to go to the neighbor that has pitbulls rather than the neighbor who owns an aquarium. Stereotypes exist for a reason and it will probably take a long time and hard work to counteract them. And it's up to the members of the community to make it clear that that behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

But back to the point that each one of these questionable occurrences is reported ad nauseum. Guess what is under-reported? We know that hundreds of people are killed in gang-related violence in the inner cities. Can you remember the last time there was a nationwide news story about even one of them? I think that would be an issue. Do you know any of their names off the top of your head? Have you seen any protests?

WSS

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes of course those incidents happen. But still if the idea is to draw attention to that assuming that they've been under-reported that's not the case at all. Every time a questionable police call happens it's the lead story for days to come. I have no doubt the police have their own version of the Bennet story.

But as for racial profiling that's up to the entire African American community. For example a child is found in his front yard mauled to death by an animal. Suspicion is naturally going to go to the neighbor that has pitbulls rather than the neighbor who owns an aquarium. Stereotypes exist for a reason and it will probably take a long time and hard work to counteract them. And it's up to the members of the community to make it clear that that behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

But back to the point that each one of these questionable occurrences is reported ad nauseum. Guess what is under-reported? We know that hundreds of people are killed in gang-related violence in the inner cities. Can you remember the last time there was a nationwide news story about even one of them? I think that would be an issue. Do you know any of their names off the top of your head? Have you seen any protests?

WSS

I agree with you Steve. Attention should be focused on all of these things. Mine are just a couple of examples of what occurs to blacks and here to hispanics as well, on a daily basis. But the inner city murder rates do not get the attention they deserve either. No argument from me on that for sure.

Is this not a case of distraction politics? I searched every page of this topic and the word "distract" does not appear (unless I missed it).

Kapaernick has been playing this tune for a while.  So why is the President beating this horse so forcefully now, and I mean right now, this second?  Why is this the current focus of his "bully pulpit"?  

Keep hearing more and more about a "botched" response to the devastation in Puerto Rico.  Maybe....

Forbes.com suggests that:

"Trump has effectively diverted the media’s attention from other big stories, including the national elections in Germany, the North Korean nuclear crisis, and the latest Republican effort to repeal Obamacare."

[...}

“One of Trump's typical moves is to toss a bomb out of nowhere to deflect what is really bothering him, in the hopes that the press will be distracted,” says Doug Sosnik, former Clinton White House political director.

Trump has good reason to distract the press. His preferred candidate is poised to lose Tuesday’s Senate primary in Alabama. The Graham-Cassidy healthcare bill is one vote shy of failure, and Robert Mueller's Russia investigation is picking up steam.

The media has largely taken the bait. The NFL controversy is the top headline at the New York Times and Washington Post. Brian Stelter called it “the day’s big story” on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” today. The Sunday morning news shows led with the story (CBS’s “Face the Nation”)  or devoted significant time to it (NBC’s “Meet the Press”).

Ok, assuming that Clinton's former political director is playing politics is not a big stretch.....it is expected (lousy freaking Clintons anyway.  Can I just say it now?  No more Clintons, no more Bushes). 

Yet, the President got a full 10 pages of posts on this topic so far.  Scanning these posts, they range all over (free speech, military pride, ratings, etc.).

Looks like distraction politics work pretty well in this day and age. Question is...for how long?

And while we are listing issues to be concerned about take a look at the black on black vs black on white and white on black crime. Black on white numbers dwarf the statistics of white on black. I didn't think they looked quite so bad looking at a u.s. News & World Report chart until I was stunned to realize that the white percentage was actually a combination of whites and Hispanics. You suppose mixing those two groups Under The Heading of white was done for a reason?

WSS

45 minutes ago, Sober Poet said:

Is this not a case of distraction politics? I searched every page of this topic and the word "distract" does not appear (unless I missed it).

Kapaernick has been playing this tune for a while.  So why is the President beating this horse so forcefully now, and I mean right now, this second?  Why is this the current focus of his "bully pulpit"?  

Keep hearing more and more about a "botched" response to the devastation in Puerto Rico.  Maybe....

Forbes.com suggests that:

Ok, assuming that Clinton's former political director is playing politics is not a big stretch.....it is expected (lousy freaking Clintons anyway.  Can I just say it now?  No more Clintons, no more Bushes). 

Yet, the President got a full 10 pages of posts on this topic so far.  Scanning these posts, they range all over (free speech, military pride, ratings, etc.).

Looks like distraction politics work pretty well in this day and age. Question is...for how long?

Ask yourself who determines the number and length of the stories about this versus stories about anything else?

WSS

Yeah they caught trump deleting tweets about his support for luther strange. I dont get it, theman is the biggest crybaby sore loser that this country has ever seen. So his guy lost in alabama, so what?? Its politics it happens. Theres no reason to erase tweets in support of him especially because everybodys already seen them so it means nothing

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I agree with you Steve. Attention should be focused on all of these things. Mine are just a couple of examples of what occurs to blacks and here to hispanics as well, on a daily basis. But the inner city murder rates do not get the attention they deserve either. No argument from me on that for sure.

But I thought “Black Lives Matter”?

I guess to another inner-city black...black lives don’t really matter at all.

Let’s highlight the MSM hypocrisy on this incident that occurred last week in Pittsburgh.

An Ohio man (from Ravenna) gets absolutely pummeled by Pittsburgh’s finest.

AFAIK, this video wasn’t picked up by any of the evening news programs, but it was on the local news here in NEO.

I would guess the reason is it was a white guy getting his ass kicked.

So far, there hasn’t been any riots, looting, or malicious property damage in Pittsburgh.

I also don’t expect the good Rev Jesse Jackson, or his protege Al Sharpton to make an appearance on behalf of the victim either.

For those that would like to see the video can do so on this link. . .

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36426255/portage-county-man-beaten-in-arrest-by-pittsburgh-police-caught-on-camera

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

T1nDEfNZ_normal.jpg Dale Earnhardt Jr.

@DaleJr

All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable-JFK

Bulshit Dale. Try putting a swastika on your car. Tell him you're protesting gang violence.

WSS

14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Bulshit Dale. Try putting a swastika on your car. Tell him you're protesting gang violence.

WSS

Next this bastard will have  his own TV show............................................oh wait...............that's been done already.:lol:

200px-1969_Dodge_Charger_-_General_Lee_%

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

nah. First I'm not black, I know shocker right steve? second, ur at that tomb to pay ur respects. Kneeling before the anthem at a sporting event that happens every sunday just in that one sport, is different than going to what is essentially a funeral held in perpetuity for fallen soldiers. There, at that tomb...you're there for one thing and one thing only. So no, I don't condone kneeling at the tomb of the unknown soldier, you old Dotard. 

22 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Ask yourself who determines the number and length of the stories about this versus stories about anything else?

WSS

OK, I'll allow that news cycles and the motivations that produce them many times represent the desires of a few folks behind the scenes. 

Yet again, the President has his bully pulpit and HE continues to choose to focus on the NFL.  So let's leave the shadowy straw men out of the equation and leave the focus on the President's comments directly delivered to millions of Americans in plain view.  Again, comments he CHOSE to make himself, Hell, comments he TYPED himself at that particular time.

I'm curious then, exactly how or why does the President go on and on about the NFL when the mayor of San Juan says this? 

"“Damn it, this is not a good news story. This is a people are dying story.  When you are drinking from a creek, it’s not a good news story.

I am going to let you find your own source on that quote if you care to.

Distraction politics.  "The ocean is big" is BS.   Say what you will, unfortunately that is not leadership, that is leaving people behind.

OK, cue Puerto Rico bashing in 3, 2....1.. Go!

1 hour ago, Sober Poet said:

OK, I'll allow that news cycles and the motivations that produce them many times represent the desires of a few folks behind the scenes. 

Yet again, the President has his bully pulpit and HE continues to choose to focus on the NFL.  So let's leave the shadowy straw men out of the equation and leave the focus on the President's comments directly delivered to millions of Americans in plain view.  Again, comments he CHOSE to make himself, Hell, comments he TYPED himself at that particular time.

I'm curious then, exactly how or why does the President go on and on about the NFL when the mayor of San Juan says this? 

"“Damn it, this is not a good news story. This is a people are dying story.  When you are drinking from a creek, it’s not a good news story.

I am going to let you find your own source on that quote if you care to.

Distraction politics.  "The ocean is big" is BS.   Say what you will, unfortunately that is not leadership, that is leaving people behind.

OK, cue Puerto Rico bashing in 3, 2....1.. Go!

Actually the president works out a few tweets about everything and the media decides which of the ones they're going to overplay.

People seem to be interested in the NFL story even though it's just about on its last legs. I think I hear a lot of people complaining that there's not enough coverage of Puerto Rico but let's face it, we are all sick to death of hurricane coverage. They could just use stock footage some reporter standing with a raincoat talking about how windy it is a couple of police officers saving a dog maybe a shot or two of looting... the news watching public's attention span isn't all that long my friend. 

Of course The left-wing new will tried beat that to death but only from an angle of how badly Trump has made it worse. They still have a boner when they think about Katrina. So they will pay lots of attention to minutiae about the size of the ocean. Meaningless of course but it whips up the base.

WSS

Archived