THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey Hired

Adoug319

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I read that they have had a private firm vetting him for about a month. 

Since the AJ mess..just like Jimmy G..we would have had a 4 game look before any commitment..Final nail in SB coffin after Wenz than Watson.

Just now, boo fagley said:

Let Rosen sit out a year.

Its the best way instead of throwing a rookie to the wolves.

I almost always believe in keeping a young player on the proverbial bench a little too long than to rush them a little too early, so I'd be fine with that.

5 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

Obviously jimmy is a snake. The FBI has proved that

Just hire the right guy and go away

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

It's done this way in any large company. 

What’s that? Cheat your costumers? 

Just now, Harry Buffalo said:

People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

I guess I'm an influencer and they listened to me when some hours ago I asked to sign him NOW, lol.

Well, I'm less bitter now. I believe he's a solid GM and this doesn't leave the front office 'headless' to prepare the offseason.

2 minutes ago, Harry Buffalo said:

Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

That makes a lot of sense. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It has been rumored that there are some GM/coach "package" deals that may be out there:

Pioli and Vrabel

Caserio and McDaniels.

Point is, these would be GMs/coaches that would be in sync.    Dorsey and Hue however?   Someone used the term:  shotgun marriage.

Or, and this might sound crazy, we keep a coach for his third year to help actually attract someone to take a job at our dumpster fire of a franchise.

Also from what I have read he got let go in Kansas City not because of his player selection, but because he was unorganized and was Sheet at communicating with the coaches and others in the front office. Apparently this became a big issue when his assistant GM left in 2015 who was apparently the one keeping everyone up to date on what he was doing.

27 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Now Haslam needs to change the reporting structure. Hue needs to report directly to Dorsey. 

Yes sir! I agree 100%.

Mike

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

I guess I'm an influencer and they listened to me when some hours ago I asked to sign him NOW, lol.

Well, I'm less bitter now. I believe he's a solid GM and this doesn't leave the front office 'headless' to prepare the offseason.

Makes me believe the Peyton rumors can be put to bed, too.

20 minutes ago, Harry Buffalo said:

People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

Yep. It was reported at that time that Singletary was NOT interviewed for the HC position. Good catch Harry!

Mike

You know what's fun? This team somehow was so secretive in their interviewing process, that no one really knows who they interviewed to the point that the guy who suggests minority canidates to teams is apparently going to bitch to the NFL because he doesn't know they interviewed Singletary.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Cleveland-Browns-interviewed-Mike-Singletary-last-week-110437553/Amp

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

The @Browns have hired John Dorsey to become Cleveland's general manager, per league sources. He will be introduced at a press conference Friday.

Count me as not surprised...

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

I read that they have had a private firm vetting him for about a month. 

Again, count me as not surprised...    the Haslam\Hue\McCarron meeting on the field- the Owner\Hue\players meeting minus Sashi. The tea leaves were there, if we wanted to read them.... 

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

It's done this way in any large company. 

I've heard of an organization bringing a guy in to "show him the ropes" and then firing the guy who trained him.... 

35 minutes ago, Harry Buffalo said:

Could it have been (unlikely) they asked Sashi to go back to his old job as beancounter, and he wouldn't accept the demotion? 

PS I sure hope Dorsey is better than those last two "football guys" Farmer and Holmgren... 

As some of us mentioned before...if a football guy was being brought in to have control of the roster...then Sashi would be let go.  In the grand scheme of things, that's the only way it could go down.  Sashi would HAVE TO be let go.

I, for one, am glad to see that Jimmuh had his ducks lined up properly this time.  HAVE your new guy in hand before you fire.

Where's Peyton Manning's new house in Cleveland?

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

As some of us mentioned before...if a football guy was being brought in to have control of the roster...then Sashi would be let go.  In the grand scheme of things, that's the only way it could go down.  Sashi would HAVE TO be let go.

Where's Peyton Manning's new house in Cleveland?

Yeah, in Sashi's position, personal pride would prevent him from accepting a demotion, regardless of how good he might be on the contract end. Who's next on the way out the door? My money is on DePo getting sent packing...  

Ha, Peyton as a "special Consultant" sure. BTW, IIRC Jim Brown has that title, and he doesn't live in Cleveland...  

Archived