THE BROWNS BOARD

Kiser not the reason folks.

cdl15

Just now, MLD Woody said:

There ya go. That'll fix it champ. Just fire everyone. It'll work eventually. 

Context is for pussies anyway. 

Well...1-27 doesn't deserve to keep his job.   First team in NFL HISTORY to start 0-13 back to back seasons...but sure..lets keep the HC around.  He's doing such a great job so far.   Winning isn't that important.  

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're mad our injured rookie didn't play like a HOFer in like his 8th game? 

Yeeeesh

This fanbase. 

Yeeeesh..... there's always an excuse.

Well, since he's proven to be made out of blown glass so far, I guess he'll always have the "he's injured" excuse to save him. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Yeeeesh..... there's always an excuse.

Well, since he's proven to be made out of blown glass so far, I guess he'll always have the "he's injured" excuse to save him. 

It's amazing how much people are willing defend players/coaches on a team thats won one game in 2 seasons.   I don't give a shit about any of these guys.  I want guys who will win games.  So far this shit show has managed 1 in 28 games, so I'm fine moving on from all of them.    Hopefully Dorsey will be able to decide who can play and who can't and we can start moving in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Fire them all. Start over. Keep doing it every year. Start a 3+ year plan and bail after less than 2. Just keep firing. It'll work eventually. For sure. 

Keep them all. Stay with 1-28. Keep doing it for 5 more years. Start a 3 year plan and keep it for 2 years longer. Just keep them all. They win eventually. For sure. 

Just now, Mark O said:

It's amazing how much people are willing defend players/coaches on a team thats won one game in 2 seasons.   

It somehow shows they're "Super Fans".......... 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Keep them all. Stay with 1-28. Keep doing it for 5 more years. Start a 3 year plan and keep it for 2 years longer. Just keep them all. They win eventually. For sure. 

You forgot....don't criticize them either because if you're too mean to the team on a message board, it can have an affect on how the team performs.     :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

It's amazing how much people are willing defend players/coaches on a team thats won one game in 2 seasons.   I don't give a Sheet about any of these guys.  I want guys who will win games.  So far this Sheet show has managed 1 in 28 games, so I'm fine moving on from all of them.    Hopefully Dorsey will be able to decide who can play and who can't and we can start moving in the right direction.

When anything that isn't "fire Everyone now!!!" us considered defending them....

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Not asking for 5. Asking for 1 more

Not asking to fire them all. Asking for a competent head coach that isn't 1-28 and an FO that acquires talented football players...... Well  s h i t,  I guess I am saying fire them all.

My bad. 

Just now, BaconHound said:

I agree this was a problem year 1 but seems to be better this year.

His clock management is just as bad if not worse.  He has a clear disdain for holding on to his timeouts.   He chews out Kizer for wasting a time out and then wastes one himself with a stupid, worthless challenge.

He's a bad head coach.  He is what his record says he is.   A record breakingly bad head coach.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

His clock management is just as bad if not worse.  He has a clear disdain for holding on to his timeouts.   He chews out Kizer for wasting a time out and then wastes one himself with a stupid, worthless challenge.

He's a bad head coach.  He is what his record says he is.   A record breakingly bad head coach.

He's used timeouts because the offense and defense is clueless.  Did we forget Kizer audibling in Detroit?  Kizer keeps getting sacked in pivotal spots and turning it over, Hue is calling timeouts to settle him and try to avoid those plays.  Kizer not getting the plays called has been an issue.

1 hour ago, cdl15 said:

Disagree with the int before half. 3rd and a mile because of Sheet playcall. What play do you do there?? A 50/50 ball that is the equivalent of a punt is totally acceptable there.  The pass he needes to win the game he threw perfect. Njoku dropped it period. Everything after that is pretty irrelevant IMO. And no he throws that ball away and a

GB walks down field anyways for at least a field goal. That game was over after the dropped dime. Everything after is extra plays

It's perfectly acceptable there when Kizer does it, but when Hogan does it it's not? 

Not saying that you're wrong, I happen to agree with you that it's fine, a 50/50 ball - equivalent of a punt, not a big deal.

It's just the hypocrisy.

Kizer played his best game today by a lot... however, it's still not good enough. Time to see what Hogan can do these last three games. Let's actually try to win a game. 

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Same guys who want everyone fired now want to give cpt bed shtter more chances. This is why our fanbase is a league wide joke.

Kizer gets 3 more chances....because (as has been said 1000000 times) he's the best of the 3 shitty QB's we have.   No one is defending him saying he should get another year as a starter or we shouldn't draft his replacement #1 overall in the next draft.    Kizer isn't the answer...he's a nice backup QB and should never have been starting this season but our brilliant HC and QB whisperer made him the starter.   Some of you dump all over Kizer, who shouldn't even be playing this year, but want to keep the guy who made the decision to have him be the day 1 starter.  

31 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Kizer gets 3 more chances....because (as has been said 1000000 times) he's the best of the 3 shitty QB's we have.   No one is defending him saying he should get another year as a starter or we shouldn't draft his replacement #1 overall in the next draft.    Kizer isn't the answer...he's a nice backup QB and should never have been starting this season but our brilliant HC and QB whisperer made him the starter.   Some of you dump all over Kizer, who shouldn't even be playing this year, but want to keep the guy who made the decision to have him be the day 1 starter.  

+1. Are these the same people that sucked off Trent Richardson that love Hogan and kessler.? 

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

This is the modern NFL.  The days of drafting Aaron Rodgers and sitting him behind Favre are gone.  Goff, Wentz, Watson, Carr, etc. are all expected to play after being drafted.  20 years ago you'd kept Mccown and let Kizer sit and learn but not anymore.  And to be perfectly honest you, nor I, know what was said behind closed doors.  The Browns cut Mccown at a time where they saved roster bonus money and may have had a plan for Kessler, Hogan and a draft pick.  As much as I'd like to see 3-10 as opposed to 0-13 I don't think the front office cared.  From the get go we were in "evaluation mode" so why would you retain a veteran.

Kizer sucks but so do many others so w/e. 

I saw him miss a a wide open crowell checkdown early in the game on a 3rd down, just didn't even look off his primary target.

Really that's about all he does, he rarely looks beyond the primary target - not even to the checkdown.

We'll be drafting another QB though so it is what it is.

Whoa wait, so its hues fault now cause the qb's he was saddled with didnt work out? We know now these qb's werent his guys. He didnt make that dumbshit deal for ossweiler, he didnt want kizer......fuk i think now  the whole reason they had to make the ossweiler trade was to give hue "some" kind of veteran presence to work with. U guys really think hue talked with chip kelly and came away thinking fuk my butt i can totally get this kid ready by opening day? U guys are morons if u do. They all kizers problems in TC that were well documented.

The organization decided as a whole that they had to know who kizer was so thats why he got the start. Rolling with kessler this year woyld have gotten us dik

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Whoa wait, so its hues fault now cause the qb's he was saddled with didnt work out? We know now these qb's werent his guys. He didnt make that dumbshit deal for ossweiler, he didnt want kizer......fuk i think now  the whole reason they had to make the ossweiler trade was to give hue "some" kind of veteran presence to work with. U guys really think hue talked with chip kelly and came away thinking fuk my butt i can totally get this kid ready by opening day? U guys are morons if u do. They all kizers problems in TC that were well documented.

The organization decided as a whole that they had to know who kizer was so thats why he got the start. Rolling with kessler this year woyld have gotten us dik

Kizer didn't decide to start himself. Whether  it was Hue, or it was Sashi, it was a horrible decision. Same with the decision to dump all veteran QB's. Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff all planned on being sat for game 1. Wentz only got in there because they traded Bradford. Regardless, he was clearly more prepared to be a starter than Kizer was/is. When every single scouting report states "Kizer needs to sit and learn he's NOT READY" and you decide to start him game 1 with no other experienced QB on the roster.

Then Hue has him throwing 40+ times a game when he can't perform at an NFL level.

FYI- It's Brian Kelly at ND. 

5 hours ago, cdl15 said:

How do you sum the game up today??

Me. I say Kiser played great. He made the perfect pass to win the game and his TE Njoku dropped the ball to lose the game. And Hundley made a mistake (dangerous) or bad pass that his guy made a play on the ball and walked into the end zone to end the game.

If your answer is Brown's lost because of Kiser today then you absolutely will never deserve a winning team in Cleveland. 

I am not defending the bad INT but it is the very last reason and honestly the smallest reason the browns lost today.  If Kiser plays like he did today then the browns will have a chance to win every game the rest of the year. But we all know they will be drafting another qb next year and he absolutely deserves no time to progress. I absolutely expect a guy to come out game one and absolutely dominant games. I'm talking probowl or bust. That is the browns MO.

Kizer is playing well. He made a dumb axx play at the end, but he made a lot of good plays. The kid isn't going to learn anything by getting cut every week. The kid has some unique skills. I am all for rolling with him and letting him get these idiotic 4th quarter fubars out of his system.

The problem is, everyone wants him to make all the plays. He didn't benefit from a huge punt return, or a guy racing off into the endzone after WIlliams sloopy tacklers let him go.

Kizer is not the big problem. I think the Browns make a big mistake if they don't keep on with this kid into and through 2018. If they want to draft a high prospect, go ahead, but let Kizer get all this stupidity out of his system. He played well enough to win. The rest of his team did not.

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Sources? Links? Seriously, I'd like to see them because all I know about Hue and QBs is that RG3 moved the earth and he was ecstatic when Kessler's name was called for us.

Easily Kizer's best game... kid was in command for 3/4's of the game.

The late 1st half INT was not a bad idea, but it was a bad throw.

The OT INT was a bad idea... as someone said on page 1... it was "inexcusable"... but it was also understandable.

This was the first time Kizer and the team were in the positions they were in today... namely having a "comfortable" lead late and playing an OT game.

I honestly was not surprised that they did not handle either circumstance well.

I will be surprised if when next they encounter either next, that they do not handle it better.

Archived