THE BROWNS BOARD

Kiser not the reason folks.

cdl15

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Welcome... please learn what is and is not an "excuse". Also what a "lover" is.

Kizer has simply been the best option we have on our roster. He made progress through much of the season... at least thru the GB game. Today? I can't say I saw any... I just saw over-adrenalized rookie errors.

As for Kess... I tried checking your math, but was stymied as you did not show your work. Kess had essentially the same cast of skill players except Njoku and Pryor in place of Britt. Pretty sure that on balance that is not "less".

Hi.  Thanks for the greeting.  The terms "excuse" and "lover" are rather subjective and not specifically aimed at a post you may have made.  Kessler had a completion percentage of 64% in 2016 with 6 TD's and 3 INT's (Passer rating of 87).  Through the Green Bay game, Kizer has a completion percentage of 54% with 9 TD's and 17 INT's (Passer rating of 61).  I haven't added Kizer's stats from the Ravens game, but he went 20 of 37 which is a 54% completion percentage (weird I've heard that 54% number somewhere) with 2 INT's and 0 TD's...... 

Thank you for proving my point though.  You referenced Kizer making progress this year, but needed the stats to show Kessler was making more progress than Kizer in their rookie years respectively.  Again, I do not believe Kessler is our QB and I do not believe we give up on Kizer, but I do not see him being the future. 

I do agree with you that they essentially had the same cast of skill players, but Kessler had them all in their rookie years and they are supposed to show that progress that you mentioned and would be better in their 2nd year.  Plus, it was a new offense for the rest of the non-rookies on offense last year and should be easier in the second year for those same players now.  I also believe your forgetting Kizer has a better offensive line this year than Kessler had last year.  Kizer also benefits from having a better total defense this year (allowing an average of 25.8 points a game) compared to the defense allowing an average of 28.3 points last year.  So yes, I would stick with the quarterback had "less" last year than this year comment.  I think this qualifies as showing my work. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, Hue did try benching kizer but kessler and hogan both Sheet the bed as well.  kizer is a rookie doing rookie things but hue had to play him this season, since kessler and hogan's play left him no other choice but to go with the guy with the most potential upside.  kessler goes down when a defender breathes on him and hogan can't stay healthy, hue is backed into a corner.  doesn't excuse his piss poor playcalling and does not excuse kizer's shitty decision-making under pressure.   it's the Browns, there's always next year : (  whose decision was it to get rid of McCown again?

Had to get rid of McCown though, otherwise we would be in quarterback limbo again because he would win us a few games and we wouldn't be any closer to getting our franchise quarterback.  Hope Dorsey can draft a franchise quarterback!

1 minute ago, UGA said:

Had to get rid of McCown though, otherwise we would be in quarterback limbo again because he would win us a few games and we wouldn't be any closer to getting our franchise quarterback.  Hope Dorsey can draft a franchise quarterback!

As much as I hate to admit this, I agree. Had we of kept McCown, he would've started all the games he was healthy for because none of the QBs currently on our roster could beat him out....... So right now, I guess we wouldn't know that Kizer isn't the answer. 

^ Hey, that belongs in the 'Positives From 2017' thread! 

Kizer may not be the only reason we lose, but he won't be a reason we'll win in the future. When you've lost DBN..

"However, as a whole, Kizer is simply not consistently reliable from an accuracy standpoint. Kizer makes the occasional nice throw, but he cannot be depended upon to consistently complete the types of throws every starting NFL quarterback should make."

Decent backup, not a starter.. aka McCown but 27 years younger.

13 hours ago, UGA said:

Again, I do not believe Kessler is our QB and I do not believe we give up on Kizer, but I do not see him being the future. 

Basically we agree.

21 hours ago, nickers said:

Have you ever seen Testaverde play?

Not when he played for Belichick and the Browns that was the Tampa Testaverde

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Kizer may not have been the only reason we lost to the Ravens, but he contributed mightily....   

25 turnovers with 2 games to go can he get to 30?

Kizer is not only to blame. No, so is Hue Jackson for playing him, so is Sashi for drafting him. You cannot play QB if you are inaccurate. 

Kevin Hogan is an accurate QB. He can play at this level. One game against a tough opponent on the road with a depleted group at WR is not a true indicator of what he can do. 

Hue needs to suck it up and go back to Hogan. If Hogan wins two in a row and shows that he can make all the throws. Maybe we don't need to go QB #1 overall. 

37 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Kizer is not only to blame. No, so is Hue Jackson for playing him, so is Sashi for drafting him. You cannot play QB if you are inaccurate. 

Kevin Hogan is an accurate QB. He can play at this level. One game against a tough opponent on the road with a depleted group at WR is not a true indicator of what he can do. 

Hue needs to suck it up and go back to Hogan. If Hogan wins two in a row and shows that he can make all the throws. Maybe we don't need to go QB #1 overall. 

You need to remember to take your meds , son... Nurse Zoe should have your injections ready.. .. Now pull your pants down and bendover Jr.. hold your ankles.. nice deep breath....

If only someone that had 1st hand experience coaching the kid would've warned us before the draft that Kizer wasn't ready............... 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

How is life in Orlando anyway? Does the Disney Corp. know you live in Fantasyland?;)

14 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Kizer may not be the only reason we lose, but he won't be a reason we'll win in the future. When you've lost DBN..

"However, as a whole, Kizer is simply not consistently reliable from an accuracy standpoint. Kizer makes the occasional nice throw, but he cannot be depended upon to consistently complete the types of throws every starting NFL quarterback should make."

Decent backup, not a starter.. aka McCown but 27 years younger.

Kizer couldn't hold Mcowns jock. Kizers brain speed is the worst of any QB in the NFL. He is not even good enough to consider a a future backup. 

17 hours ago, PoeticG said:

As big of a cum snuffler as you are for Hogan....I would be OK with this team starting him.....

Because, I am feeling like German soldiers in the trenches in WWI:   I have Kizer fatigue.

Archived