THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrison released by steelers.

Clevfan4life

Sign him. Not becessarily for playing time as he doesnt rxactly fit our scheme. But promise him transition into the coaching staff. I would love for nassib, schobert and kirksey to spend an offseason with this mook. Id let him run the weight room completely and give him decent minutes during the season.

He's 40 and still essentialy the stringest dude in football. He barely olayed this year so he'll be completely healthy by bext year. Let this guy help develop talent and get this team mean again

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Get out of the magic dust for the reindeer Clev :D..Harrison would fight ya for it..He must have lost a no blink contest to Tomlin

I don't want that thug anywhere near the Browns... 

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I don't want that thug anywhere near the Browns... 

Agreed..If Haden is worth 7m, what is your team swagger value on Richard Sherman?

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah u guys are right, no reason to bring one of the best dirtiest players in nfl history who has no tank left to ur franchise. No reason at all. 

FIFY, If he had anything left, the Steelers wouldn't have shown him the door. Crap, he was getting damn near vet minimum, care to bet me he's totally done? 

I don't think he has enough gas left in the tank to be the kind of veteran anchor this team needs. I am okay with Dorsey making those picks. Here is hoping he's the football guy we have all been waiting for.

I didn't say harrisson should "start" for us. I mean where would he? He's not a 4-3 DE and even though he played OLB'er for Cincy in their 4-3, he's not gonna start over Kirksey or Collins. But something to bring in a player like that and have him stay on is what I've been begging this franchise to do for years. But we cut those aging vets before they can mentor anyone, this is why we suck. We have no continuity. 

We have made few INTs this year, we definitely need him.

Man, what a surprising play that was. Fun fact: someone in Cardinals' sideline got in the way of Fitzgerald stopping him enough not to be able to avoid the TD.

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Sign him. Not becessarily for playing time as he doesnt rxactly fit our scheme. But promise him transition into the coaching staff. I would love for nassib, schobert and kirksey to spend an offseason with this mook. Id let him run the weight room completely and give him decent minutes during the season.

He's 40 and still essentialy the stringest dude in football. He barely olayed this year so he'll be completely healthy by bext year. Let this guy help develop talent and get this team mean again

He's been a wonderful influence on Shazier's career Clevsies.   Come on - you've had much better ideas than this...

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

He's been a wonderful influence on Shazier's career Clevsies.   Come on - you've had much better ideas than this...

The ironic thing with both Harrison and Shazier , They are both done...

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am okay with Dorsey making those picks. Here is hoping he's the football guy we have all been waiting for.

You must have gotten into your Zaya. This sounds too much like........................................positivity.:D

Or maybe you tried my Diplomatico. It'll make a believer outa ya.:P

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hey, bring in Burfict and PacMan while we're at it, if you want thugs. Sorry War, no room for senior citizens on the roster. 

Why? Sashi's gone now. We've got a "football guy." It's all about winning now--future be damned.

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

Shazier was tackling that way at osu, has nothing to do with harrison. Cmon dude, u dont think one of the strongest players in nfl history who was not even a monstrous 300+ lb'er.....has nothing to offer the browns? Oh and he's one of the best oass rushers if all time. A guy at 40 who's still one of thevstrongest if not THE strongest ngr in the nfl? We cant possibly benefit from his presence is that right?

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Shazier was tackling that way at osu, has nothing to do with harrison. Cmon dude, u dont think one of the strongest players in nfl history who was not even a monstrous 300+ lb'er.....has nothing to offer the browns? Oh and he's one of the best oass rushers if all time. A guy at 40 who's still one of thevstrongest if not THE strongest ngr in the nfl? We cant possibly benefit from his presence is that right?

He was trained to HATE Cleveland after Cleveland snubbed him on draft day despite him playing college ball in Ohio.   Steelers, including/especially Bill Cowher, don't ever disrespect Pittsburgh ownership by going to Cleveland after their well paid tenures from the Rooney family. Just doesn't happen.

Besides that, James Harrison got cut 3 different times before he went he took the right amounts and blends of steroids. I hate that kind of story to be honest with you. YES, I understand there's lots of guys prolly juicing - but he was like the Jerry Garcia of steroids experimentation. We'll be able to see the entire story on 60 Minutes some day.  Book it!  In the meantime, no thanks!

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

He was trained to HATE Cleveland after Cleveland snubbed him on draft day despite him playing college ball in Ohio.   Steelers, including/especially Bill Cowher, don't ever disrespect Pittsburgh ownership by going to Cleveland after their well paid tenures from the Rooney family. Just doesn't happen.

Besides that, James Harrison got cut 3 different times before he went he took the right amounts and blends of steroids. I hate that kind of story to be honest with you. YES, I understand there's lots of guys prolly juicing - but he was like the Jerry Garcia of steroids experimentation. We'll be able to see the entire story on 60 Minutes some day.  Book it!  In the meantime, no thanks!

Are u insinuating harrison is on stuff nobody knows about? Cause he's subject to the same testing protocols everyone else is. And i can assure u he's gotten tested more than others, especially the last few years. Ray leeis talked about how older players that still havevit get extra scrutiny from the league

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

He was trained to hate the browns because they didn't pick him?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!

Who the fukkk wants to play in Cleveland? Shazier is from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. and couldn't care less about Cleveland....but please do continue making shhittt up if it makes you feel better.

22 hours ago, wargograw said:

We do need to get mean. Sign him. 

ummmmm NO.

Yinz are barkin' up the wrong tree.  Williams already promised a mean defense.

James Harrison is not mean.  It's an act.  He is a softy. He is old and slow.  No he is not dirty either.  He went from Defensive Player of the Year to dirty the next year when the rules changed.  He needed to learn how to play the game differently than he played since pee-wee.  He adjusted and does not get fined or penalized at a high level anymore.

That hit on Colt McCoy was wrong and it will always be wrong to me but I will not judge the guy on that one play.

CIN was the only team that would take him and they cut him.

He was bitchin' about not playing and he was  telling the press that he wanted to play elsewhere.

Nobody will take him, not even the worst team in football.

He may get called back if there are guys hurt in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You must have gotten into your Zaya. This sounds too much like........................................positivity.:D

Or maybe you tried my Diplomatico. It'll make a believer outa ya.:P

Lmao. I think maybe practicality? Or exhaustion with all of our weekly personal fix scenarios.

We need help.

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

Tom , That kind of experimenting would make Timothy Leary , proud.. LOL!

Steelers are already thin at lb, but released him to make roster room for an o lineman. They see him every day in practice, so they are the ones best in position to know what he has left, and they let him go-what does that say? If they have another roster spot open, I bet they resign him later as insurance, but as far as starting, he is done. Father Time is undefeated.

Browns actually have a decent defense, esp against the run, so signing Harrison makes about as much sense as inviting Manziel to training camp. It would be interesting that if he were signed by the Browns, he would have spent at least some time on the roster of every team in the division. 

BTW, he never failed a drug test, that I know of.

when did the rules change from "can  hit a qb in the lower legs two seconds after the whistle" to
"not allowed to hit a qb in the lower legs two seconds after the whistle"

harrison was a cheapshot steriod rage willing for $$$$$$$$ cheapshot squealer.

any other rationalization is unacceptable.

15 hours ago, StinkHole said:

He was trained to hate the browns because they didn't pick him?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!

Who the fukkk wants to play in Cleveland? Shazier is from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. and couldn't care less about Cleveland....but please do continue making shhittt up if it makes you feel better.

Another episode of Stink doesn't know how to read strikes again.  You're 2 for 2 this weekend and right on cue. 

I was talking about James Harrison who played his college ball in Ohio.  Apparently everyone but the Steeler fag trolling knows this. 

You're here to be a troll and too stupid to pull it off.  That's absolutely adorable!

Archived