THE BROWNS BOARD

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

calfoxwc

Dan OrlovskyVerified account @danorlovsky7

🚨🚨There’s a difference between being a thrower and playing QB in the #NFL. Josh Allen’s “acccuracy” doesn’t concern me, BUT, 🗣THIS DOES! @DawgsByNature @DawgPoundNation @EverythingNYG @JetsInsider #NFLDraft2018 #browns #NYGiants #NYJ

1:53
139K views

3:45 AM - 9 Apr 2018

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Dan OrlovskyVerified account @danorlovsky7

🚨🚨There’s a difference between being a thrower and playing QB in the #NFL. Josh Allen’s “acccuracy” doesn’t concern me, BUT, 🗣THIS DOES! @DawgsByNature @DawgPoundNation @EverythingNYG @JetsInsider #NFLDraft2018 #browns #NYGiants #NYJ

1:53
139K views

3:45 AM - 9 Apr 2018

Great analysis.  

Cal... your rebuttal?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-football-20171018-story.html

Rosen will try to rebound from a game in which he completed 20 of 43 passes for a season-low 219 yards, appearing out of rhythm from the Bruins' opening possession. He badly underthrew receiver Darren Andrews on one play and wildly overthrew receiver Jordan Lasley on another.

The josh allen pic? doesn't work. don't care. One play in one game. cool.

Rosencrap is still not going to be drafted by the Browns.

49 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Great analysis.  

Cal... your rebuttal?

Hoorta's observation- Befuddled by a blitz....  

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The josh allen pic? doesn't work. don't care. One play in one game. cool.

Rosencrap is still not going to be drafted by the Browns.

Boo-hoo, if you click the link to Twitter, the video will play.  To refresh your memory Orlovsky was a backup QB in the NFL for 10+ years, he sort of knows what he's talking about. :lol: This wasn't an isolated instance according to Dan, where he wasn't processing what the defense was showing him- it was a regular occurrence. Add in some really erratic passing, I just don't see how any scout or GM that's been breaking down film on Allen can see him as the #1 overall pick. 

41 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

boo hoo yourself, I did click on the link, and the video played so slowly I gave up on it. Maybe you would like to have your boy Danny go look and critique your idol rosenbum's Arizona game LIKE I POSTED. It isn't just me that sees that Allen should be a top pick, so you can take that and shove it. and have a nice day.

Listen up FOR THE LAST TIME don't lump me in with some of the others that somehow in your warped way of thinking- I'm a big Rosen fan. Just because I think Allen is a huge bust waiting to happen doesn't mean somehow I'm in love with Rosen. 

Your as bad defending Allen as Po is pumping Barkley. At least Po doesn't rag on other prospects. All you can do is rag on Rosen- every time someone posts something negative about your hero, and if he's not- suck it up Cal. I'm getting damn tired of Rosen bashing in an ALLEN thread  

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Listen up FOR THE LAST TIME don't lump me in with some of the others that somehow in your warped way of thinking- I'm a big Rosen fan. Just because I think Allen is a huge bust waiting to happen doesn't mean somehow I'm in love with Rosen. 

Your as bad defending Allen as Po is pumping Barkley. At least Po doesn't rag on other prospects. All you can do is rag on Rosen- every time someone posts something negative about your hero, and if he's not- suck it up Cal. I'm getting damn tired of Rosen bashing in an ALLEN thread.   

have nice day, I'm tired of all the bashing of Allen all over the place by a few haters. You aren't tired of that - so be it.

I'm busy, you stick you nose into a discussion - you don't help matters. I have tomatoes to plant. I'm out of ways to convince you that you are wrong - FOR THE LAST TIME - LET'S JUST WAIT TIL THE FREAKING DRAFT. The anti-Allen bitching is boring.

36 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

....have nice day, 

- FOR THE LAST TIME - LET'S JUST WAIT TIL THE FREAKING DRAFT. The anti-Allen bitching is boring.

And anti Rosun, Darnold, Mayfield, other quarterbacks yet unknown and even Barkley.

Sheeeesh you'd think this is a presidential campaign. :lol:

GO BROWNS APRIL 26 please check your local listings for a station in your area.

Worse this year than most others - this time - seems to be a good bit related to the other forum.

Warm enough in greenhouse to go plant. Wish the NFL draft was this weekend. Dang.

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Worse this year than most others - this time - seems to be a good bit related to the other forum.

Warm enough in greenhouse to go plant. Wish the NFL draft was this weekend. Dang.

Maybe this guy can help you with those maters cal.  Courtesy of my grandkids.:D

Mater (Cars).png

54 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

have nice day, I'm tired of all the bashing of Allen all over the place by a few haters. You aren't tired of that - so be it.

I'm busy, you stick you nose into a discussion - you don't help matters. I have tomatoes to plant. I'm out of ways to convince you that you are wrong - FOR THE LAST TIME - LET'S JUST WAIT TIL THE FREAKING DRAFT. The anti-Allen bitching is boring.

Then go plant tomatoes, and stay out of the discussions. Too bad your feelings get so hurtsie if we say anything negative about Allen, you have to bash Rosen in return.

It was about this time last year when I started to hear Trubisky-to-Chicago whispers got louder and louder. And now it's Allen-to-Cleveland picking up steam. Yes, it is lying season, but, like last year, sometimes the whispers prove true. Only time will tell.

Orlovsky kind of led me down this track but i look at it like this.

The goal is to complete a pass, a bunch of things have to go right for this to happen.

1. The QB needs to recognize the play and the defense and what he's looking for to happen (when he's wrong you miss some completions)

2. The play has to go OK and you have to have good personnel (drops, missed assignments, bad talent, etc you miss some completions)

3. The QB has to make the right read (if you don't you miss some completions or give up some yards)

4. You have to hit the target (if you're not accurate you miss some completions)

There just aren't that many opportunities in the game where you get the chance to make a completion, and when you worry about accuracy, missed reads, and decision making that rocket arm doesn't make up for the deficiencies.  There are some bad QB's that can do all of the above and it's still not enough, but there aren't any good ones that can't.  

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

And the anti-Rosen bitching from you is not?  

It is....to me.  Along with the anti-Allen bitching.   So.....to remedy things,  I suggest you stay off this board for the next  16 days.   They you won't have to read what you don't like, and we don't have to read from you what we don't like.

We all win.

(and remember....I have said that this is just like the 2011 group......Locker/Ponder/Gabbert bunch.......a bunch of backup QBs of that ilk)

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

It was about this time last year when I started to hear Trubisky-to-Chicago whispers got louder and louder. And now it's Allen-to-Cleveland picking up steam. Yes, it is lying season, but, like last year, sometimes the whispers prove true. Only time will tell.

I was a Trubisky proponent....and I don't recall the Chicago rumors.    I thought their pick of him came as a big surprise to most people.

But, lets just say this:   No matter WHO they take.......I am not a buyer as I want to see quality play for a couple of years running...in the NFL from our QB pick.  Because I don't care if they were taken #1 or #22........there is no reason for Browns fans to be optimistic about any QB we take.

Bears were very much in the Trubs convo assuming we went the Garrett route.

I think their one-spot, trade up was a bit of a surprise... especially given the price they paid.

And I think we all need to renew our pledges to keep the Political stuff in that section...

... or else I'm going to start a QB thread "down there".

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Bears were very much in the Trubs convo assuming we went the Garrett route.

I think their one-spot, trade up was a bit of a surprise... especially given the price they paid.

I remember a lot of thinking that he would fall to us with our 2d pick which I think was 10 or 12.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And I think we all need to renew our pledges to keep the Political stuff in that section...

... or else I'm going to start a QB thread "down there".

:lol:

Oh yes religion or politics, how to ruin any conversation anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why?   Which God do you believe in, if any?

And why is that any worse really than talking about all these Quarterbacks?

Doesn't matter, people tend to get all apocalyptic when that stuff is brought up. I'd rather talk about sports.....or food.;)

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why?   Which God do you believe in, if any?

And why is that any worse really than talking about all these Quarterbacks?

True. Ghoolie admitted that Bradshaw was his God.:P

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Then go plant tomatoes, and stay out of the discussions. Too bad your feelings get so hurtsie if we say anything negative about Allen, you have to bash Rosen in return.

ran out of trays already, sissy hoopla. I couldn't care less about you rosenbums hating Allen, I just kept responding.

You're the one with the red butt - I never complained once about the ragging on allen, you ignorant one. If you can't defend yourself in arguing, don't start the argument, sissy.

and, btw, I started the thread in the first place and ran out of things to say until a few angry haters of yours went apecrap. I kept it all in one thread as much as possible. So why don't you just put on your little pink big boy pants on and go yell at somebody else. and have a nice day.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And the anti-Rosen bitching from you is not?  

It is....to me.  Along with the anti-Allen bitching.   So.....to remedy things,  I suggest you stay off this board for the next  16 days.   They you won't have to read what you don't like, and we don't have to read from you what we don't like.

We all win.

(and remember....I have said that this is just like the 2011 group......Locker/Ponder/Gabbert bunch.......a bunch of backup QBs of that ilk)

you promise to leave permanently, I'll think about it. Yes, both sides have been boring, but I never started the fire. Hoopla and his little angry complainiers did.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

ran out of trays already, sissy hoopla. I couldn't care less about you rosenbums hating Allen, I just kept responding.

You're the one with the red butt - I never complained once about the ragging on allen, you ignorant one. If you can't defend yourself in arguing, don't start the argument, sissy.

and, btw, I started the thread in the first place and ran out of things to say until a few angry haters of yours went apecrap. I kept it all in one thread as much as possible. So why don't you just put on your little pink big boy pants on and go yell at somebody else. and have a nice day.

I'm yelling at you Cal- your PM mailbox is either full or inactive. There's been complaints that you're OUT OF CONTROL on the Allen topic.  I happen to agree. When you resort to name calling you've lost. This isn't the Political Discussion Forum,  and I'll start deleting crap if I think it's over the top. ROTFL, never complained once? In your fantasy world? Exactly- only every time anyone had anything negative to say about your hero. Notice the bold in your reply above? 

Pay attention much? Already said around 3-4 times I'm not in the Rosen crowd. Sissy? You've run out of arguments defending Allen- so just quit. Next time you start calling a Mod names, you start to get warnings- GOT IT? Go ahead and whine to Zombo or Stan- you're not their drinking or gambling buddy- and you'll get laughed at. 

You're the one fanning the flames- because you won't let it go, and somehow are taking  Allen comments as a personal attack. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you promise to leave permanently, I'll think about it. Yes, both sides have been boring, but I never started the fire. Hoopla and his little angry complainiers did.

You can leave until after the draft- and UM, you won't be missed.  Gipper suggested it, and I second the motion....  

Archived