THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!

Andrew Luck spotted out in public partying

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24600317/photos-colts-qb-andrew-luck-at-the-world-cup

excellent post.^ exactly the way i feel.

what i've seen of him on camera in berea makes me feel good about the pick. what i see on instagram or whatever makes me wonder about the pick.

What I see in Instagram is Kid who obviously drank too much that night and shouldve went home. But,I'm not gonna chastise him..15 years from now if not sooner... This wont even be thought about much if at all... Drink up Johnny...Maybe Pops will get you a carton of smokes this xmaz.."yeah,drink and smoke up,Johnny". It should be a banner year in the Manziel household this xmas,LOL!

Well, I'm definitely not a holier-than-thou-do-gooder. When I got married and stopped running the bars

11 years ago I was granted my own wing in the Drunk and Stupid Hall of Fame. Again, as long as he leads

us to the promised land, I don't give a shit what the kid does in his off hours.

My point is this: he was drafted as the future leader of the franchise, and one of the big reasons he was still

on the board at 22 is because of concerns about his past history. Does JM getting hammered on weekends

mean he is an out-of-control alcoholic? Of course not. What I'm saying is that the media shit storm over his

partying is of his own making. He (and his friends) are the ones posting his antics on social media. I have no

doubt that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning have gotten shit-faced in the past. The difference is that you

never hear about it because they don't get shit-faced and then post it for the world to see and then bitch about

the negative attention their own actions are bringing them.

What I'm saying is JM needs to use his head, just a tiny bit. He knew coming in that he had a less than stellar

reputation as far as his personal habits. We know that he was aware of this negative perception because of his

own statements before and after the draft concerning his behavior. JM can negate a lot of the negative coverage

if he will just stop posting photos every time he gets hammered. Stop feeding your detractors with the ammunition

that allows them to say "See, we told ya so, you wasted a draft pick."

Tone it the fuck down. Resist the urge to let the world in on every time you scratch your ass. I know that is a tall

order in todays low-rent reality show mind-set that drives people to share every minute tidbit of their personal

lives with the rest of the world. Right now, JM's his own worst enemy. A lot of the negative attention can be negated

if he will just use a little discretion.

I'll nominate this as one of the best and most level headed posts on the whole partying topic. BTW, I'm having a glass of wine as I write. :)

For the newcomers, yes the Hoorta is the Board's resident wino- always bring a bottle or two to the Tailgates. .

Based on the Mort tweet, I'd say the folks in Berea have a similar opinion.

the interview he gave that was shown on tv yesterday was exactly what i would have said. i understand exactly how he feels. but the one thing that pissed me off about it was "i can't help it if my friend takes a picture of me and it ends up on the internet."

ok, josh. i can't help it that i give my friend a ride and he's got weed on him.

all these KIDS need to stop making excuses.

johnny incognito. that'd be my nickname. the shadow. i might be there but you wouldn't see me and by the way security guard, make sure no one takes a pic of me and if i get drunk make sure i don't take a picture of myself.

and to all those queefs that say "he can't help it everywhere he goes someone is going to take a picture of him because he's such a huge star"....fuck you and that noise. i could list 20 celebs bigger than manziel that do it every night and aren't on the internet with a pic of the money phone. YOU my friends are what they call BALL LICKERS.

and to all those queefs that say "he can't help it everywhere he goes someone is going to take a picture of him because he's such a huge star"....fuck you and that noise. i could list 20 celebs bigger than manziel that do it every night and aren't on the internet with a pic of the money phone. YOU my friends are what they call BALL LICKERS.

Exactly Mik- it's why the Hollywood big shots have bodyguards to keep the paparazzi away.

Let's hope JF has come to the realization his antics aren't playing too well with a significant portion of the fanbase.

I find all this "stuff" hilarious. Johnny-be-good on Sundays and that is the bottom line. Rest is all bs which no one here will care about if he turns out to be the winner we all suspect may transfer from college play. So wad up your panties girls and throw them in the laundry. You're shittin' all over yourselves for nothing of consequence.

Rose-colored or maroon tinted specs? ;)

Thought there's be more new pages given the Haslam directive to the staff. The thing that got me in JM's response is adopting the "royal we". Something I associated more with clueless folk who drop mics for no good reason.

"I'm here, I'm very committed to football. I'm committed to my job, but on the weekends, I'm going to enjoy my time off. We deserve it. We work hard here. We've worked hard since the draft. We worked hard to get drafted and put ourselves in a good position at the combine, even after that, working to stay in shape."

Getting hammered once in a while doesn't make you a drunk. Getting hammered every time you go out doesn't even make you a drunk.

Turning to alcohol to escape the stresses of life makes you a drunk, not getting smashed with your other 21 year old friends.

If every time you drink you end up drunk you have an issue. You may outgrow it, but you may not. And the stress issue is exactly what Daddy said was a concern.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!
Andrew Luck spotted out in public partying

... and thus ends my flirtation with being a Colts' fan... :o

Well, I'm definitely not a holier-than-thou-do-gooder. When I got married and stopped running the bars

11 years ago I was granted my own wing in the Drunk and Stupid Hall of Fame. Again, as long as he leads

us to the promised land, I don't give a shit what the kid does in his off hours.

My point is this: he was drafted as the future leader of the franchise, and one of the big reasons he was still

on the board at 22 is because of concerns about his past history. Does JM getting hammered on weekends

mean he is an out-of-control alcoholic? Of course not. What I'm saying is that the media shit storm over his

partying is of his own making. He (and his friends) are the ones posting his antics on social media. I have no

doubt that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning have gotten shit-faced in the past. The difference is that you

never hear about it because they don't get shit-faced and then post it for the world to see and then bitch about

the negative attention their own actions are bringing them.

What I'm saying is JM needs to use his head, just a tiny bit. He knew coming in that he had a less than stellar

reputation as far as his personal habits. We know that he was aware of this negative perception because of his

own statements before and after the draft concerning his behavior. JM can negate a lot of the negative coverage

if he will just stop posting photos every time he gets hammered. Stop feeding your detractors with the ammunition

that allows them to say "See, we told ya so, you wasted a draft pick."

Tone it the fuck down. Resist the urge to let the world in on every time you scratch your ass. I know that is a tall

order in todays low-rent reality show mind-set that drives people to share every minute tidbit of their personal

lives with the rest of the world. Right now, JM's his own worst enemy. A lot of the negative attention can be negated

if he will just use a little discretion.

I agree with this as well. He's in the spotlight, he needs to be more careful.

But, something to ponder...what do you think would have happened if the technology we have today was available when Joe Namath was drafted? What about when Marino was drafted?

This age of connectivity means anything can be recorded and put on the internet at any time by any one. It's no longer "don't want to be on tv, avoid reporters." Now it's "don't want to be tv, sit in your locked house with the windows drawn."

That person probably didn't want to be posted on The Browns Board. But now they are. And that only took 2 seconds. Imagine if that was a Heisman trophy winning quarterback with his friends in a bar.

What if Johnny Manziel realized that he signed a contract paying him over $8 million that sets him up for life but if he can't perform on the field the contract goes "poof"? I've got nothing against some punk-ass draftee getting his ya-ya's out, but stay the fuck out of the god damn limelight. The fact that Browns players are sick and tired of answering Johnny Manziel questions and not questions about themselves or the Browns is ridiculous. I guarantee that Terrance West, Joel Bitonio and Justin Gilbert will be way, way more important to the success of the Browns this year than Juan Fuckin' Football.

I don't get why this guy is all the rage. He hasn't done shit in the NFL, and from what I've seen of his tape at A&M I'm not convinced that he WILL do shit in the NFL. His ability to read defenses is mediocre, his accuracy is mediocre, and his football IQ is mediocre. He's got heart and instinct, I'll grant him that - but until I see that translate into wins in the NFL he doesn't have jack shit. A good college QB - sure. A good NFL QB...not so fast.

An exciting scrambler? I cringe when I think of him surveying the defense, giving a quick look to his checkdown, and then "blink" he's off scrambling for 4 yards - and a hard thump from some head-hunting linebacker. There's nothing that I've seen or heard that makes me think that he's a much more mobile version of Brandon Weedon. I hope that I'm wrong.

Weedon? Did he ever improvise on a play?

He got stuck under the giant American flag, for cryin out loud.

Let's face it - Manziel has some serious skills. I just hope that we're right

about the Browns knowing exactly how those skills translate into the NFL.

You shouldn't even bring up Weedone in the same thread as any qb on the Browns' roster now.

I agree with this as well. He's in the spotlight, he needs to be more careful.

But, something to ponder...what do you think would have happened if the technology we have today was available when Joe Namath was drafted? What about when Marino was drafted?

This age of connectivity means anything can be recorded and put on the internet at any time by any one. It's no longer "don't want to be on tv, avoid reporters." Now it's "don't want to be tv, sit in your locked house with the windows drawn."

That person probably didn't want to be posted on The Browns Board. But now they are. And that only took 2 seconds. Imagine if that was a Heisman trophy winning quarterback with his friends in a bar.

To a certain extent you're right- but as Mik said- there's people in the world with a higher profile than Manziel who manage to go out and have a good time without getting their pictures plastered all over the internet. He needs (or Haslam needs) to get Giudo the cell phone stomper every time he heads out to party. & Like I said Luck and Manning have the keycode to the private entrance to St. Elmos. They can go into the basement party room, get shitfaced drunk- or have an orgy down there, get back into the limo- and no one saw a damn thing.

JF had better realize the stage suddenly got one hell of a lot bigger, now that he's graduated to the NFL. Sure, have a good time but realize the paparazzi are going to be on you like stink on shit. Choose who you party with carefully may be a good suggestion.

Yes- it's way different today than it was in the Namath and Marino era. Or going even farther back than that to the (cheatin' womanizing) Kennedys.But the whole nature of reporting has changed- there was a modicum of restraint back then- now, it's anything goes.

Weedon? Did he ever improvise on a play?

You have obviously forgotten about his patented, never tried in the NFL before, or since ............The Brandy Flip Pass

You made a horrible assessment of the skill set of Manziel. Honestly i think you lack knowledge on the subject and you probably lack general football knowledge. The final sentence proved that you knew you could possible be wrong and hedged your bet. Lame.

He lacks football knowledge because he gave a critical review of your boy? With that myopic view point, you are the one who can't see past JB's mighty 5'3" exterior. (For the record, that was a joke, I know he's an impressive 5'11") Your boy hasn't done shit for our (not "our" as you and me, but as in me and all the other Browns fans) Browns yet, and hopefully his scrambling, and sometimes throwing a 3 Flies Up prayer will translate to the NFL, but right now, he is nothing more than a celebrity, much like the Kardashians are celebrities.... Famous for being famous, as he has done as much in the NFL as I have. N O T H I N G

As soon as your boy leads my Browns to an 11-5 record and a playoff win or two, then he'll be my boy too. Until then, he's just a distraction, and an annoying one at that.

Isn't it ironic how many are convinced JFF will not make it as a pro QB and at the same time profess how much they trust this current staff to make all the right decisions. Does that include their assessment that he was the only QB they felt could play earlier than any other selection out there as well as taking him as the best long term prospect?

Logic on this board eludes me. I don't see a lot of it concerning trusting this full staff selection at QB.

Isn't it ironic how many are convinced JFF will not make it as a pro QB and at the same time profess how much they trust this current staff to make all the right decisions. Does that include their assessment that he was the only QB they felt could play earlier than any other selection out there as well as taking him as the best long term prospect?

Logic on this board eludes me. I don't see a lot of it concerning trusting this full staff selection at QB.

Most of us Browns fans (those without the words Texas, Aggies or Johnny in our forum name or description, and who have been here before May 8 2014) trust where the new FO has us headed, but we are not anointing Justin Gilbert into the HoF just yet. We all have high hopes on all of our draft picks, but we all realize it's still just hopes.

As where all you fans of a player, who proclaim themselves as "Browns fans" L M A O!!!!!! act as though JB has already won as many Super Bowls, as he has had kooool InstaTwitter posts this week.

I don't even know what that means, but it's provocative.

quality does not = quantity.

if we were to compare my BAC it should be based on the latter.

i didn't know you made it to australia? thought you were just going to hawaii?

jesus_balloon_world_cup.jpg

To a certain extent you're right- but as Mik said- there's people in the world with a higher profile than Manziel who manage to go out and have a good time without getting their pictures plastered all over the internet. He needs (or Haslam needs) to get Giudo the cell phone stomper every time he heads out to party. & Like I said Luck and Manning have the keycode to the private entrance to St. Elmos. They can go into the basement party room, get shitfaced drunk- or have an orgy down there, get back into the limo- and no one saw a damn thing.

JF had better realize the stage suddenly got one hell of a lot bigger, now that he's graduated to the NFL. Sure, have a good time but realize the paparazzi are going to be on you like stink on shit. Choose who you party with carefully may be a good suggestion.

Yes- it's way different today than it was in the Namath and Marino era. Or going even farther back than that to the (cheatin' womanizing) Kennedys.But the whole nature of reporting has changed- there was a modicum of restraint back then- now, it's anything goes.

I don't trust that even if JM did as Luck and Manning do, that some of the sleazy media wouldn't make up a story and slap in a picture from their files. It seems the dye has been cast and the feeding frenzy is on.

Johnny Manziel hasn't done anything wrong. Get off our QB's dick and buy yourselves a dildo. I hope to God that he's a "In your face, bitch!" type player and gets the media's panties all in a bunch. Fuck em, they've been hating on Cleveland for the longest time, so, nothings changed. It's just that we've now got a QB that says, "Fuck you, you bitch, bite me".

I fucking LOVE IT!

Tony Grossi's article gets completely overlooked. He says that Manziel has been exemplary in meeting rooms and on the field. Nothing but professional in his approach. He said he had palpable leadership qualities. Why doesn't this get air time. One guy, asks the question, "Is the guy working?". But nobody wants to hear the non-bs stuff. They want to hear what they want to hear. One paragraph, in one article, buried immediately, because it doesn't sell newspapers, magazines or gets website hits.

Tony Grossi's article gets completely overlooked. He says that Manziel has been exemplary in meeting rooms and on the field. Nothing but professional in his approach. He said he had palpable leadership qualities. Why doesn't this get air time. One guy, asks the question, "Is the guy working?". But nobody wants to hear the non-bs stuff. They want to hear what they want to hear.

Because a bunch of people having a mid life crises feel the need to bash Manziel because they are afraid to address their own deep seeded superiority issues.

what up walt?

but no to your post. it's more like it's time for a kid to become a man and act responsible. every JF fan wants manziel tobe the face of the franchise. do you realy want the money phone guy to be the face of 'your' franchise?

if you say yes then you are just as irresponsible as he is. and it's got nothing to do with he hasn't done anything wrong. he hasn't. it's not against the law to look like a moron, drunk on a pool float.

but you sure look dumb as hell.

i'd like to hear from his own mouth that he might actually be listening and he might try and do some things differently. right now he's giving cleveland fans the big FU by saying he's going to do what he wants. ask JT and JH if they do things the same way.

well we'll add you to the list of caring so much to respond to people that do care about THE BROWNS so much.

i don't care if manziel is 16, 20fuggin6 or 51. if he's a part of the team i love i expect professionalism.

you might think that acting like a bafoon outside of team activities is fine, but it shows lack of immaturity and just plain stoopidness on his part and anyone in his camp.

at this point i truly believe that everything he does is calculated and meant to generate more light on his brand. his agent is no dummy. in fact he's one of the shrewdest biz people in the game. you really think he'd let a lesser celeb type player get away with the shit manziel does?

make the money now guys cuz nothing is guaranteed past opening day.

Which is more idiotic?

a. complaining about the legal actions of a 21 year old not at work

b. yelling at a cloud

c. talking on a money phone

It's just weird some of you care so much.

did you care about vince young? colt mccoy? AROD? tony romo? troy aikman? michael irving?

if yes, STFU.

Archived