THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Johnny Manziel has destroyed us...

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camp isn't close to starting and our vets are having to "go on the record" regarding their thoughts & advice on JB's off the field antics. He's already a distraction, just wait until camp/pre-season/season starts.................. Careful what you wish for, you may get it.

I wouldn't doubt the Browns put "morality riders" in JFF's contract. Come training camp- it's party then, watch your paycheck shrink.

1. Its the offseason.

2. Browns knew what they signed up for.

3. Get a life.

ps. Headed to go nude camping. :)

Then again, maybe not. :)

I need to grow up because I'm not bitching about the way a 21 year old kid drinks alcohol? Got it.

Fucking old people.

Yeah TC- with age comes wisdom and perspective. Did I drink a ton of booze in college? Hell yes. Did I have someone writing me an $8 million dollar paycheck when I graduated, based on 100% performance? Hell No.

Then I'll say fucking blind young people who can't believe you can turn into a serious alcoholic before you're 23.

Johnny Manziel has destroyed us...

Too soon to say PG. That is if he doesn't destroy himself first.

I heard from CBD the team will be having a talk with JM soon after the latest money phone thing. I don't care about the dudes partying or antics. Let him have fun. But the whole money phone thing isn't a good look. It's never cool to flaunt your money when most of your fans are probably not so fortunate as him. He needs to at least tell his friends to stop snapping and sharing every damn thing he does.

...JF is... living in a society that has reached an all time low...

Officer Krupke?

... i dont think Manziel cares if they record him.

More than that, I think he likes posing and the attention it generates.

Meeting up with JFF?

LOL...

The JF haters post more than the JF fans.

Not hate.... fear.

Hopefully JM will follow the same path he did in college once fall practice began. Strictly football. In fact many people noted that start of real football was best for him because was football 24/7 and didn't have time for silliness. The one exception was the Scooby Doo Halloween thing and most viewed that innocently. Unfortunately he does show distinct signs of hyperactivity and that seems to get him in trouble.

Someone pointed out this was true once he was the starter, not his redshirt Frosh year. But whether due to focus, time demands or a productive route to attention, it just may be that simple. Here's hoping anyway...

Hardly an exact parallel, but when I played, I got my best grades because I was too tired to party.

Fucking old people.

just like the guy that buys the funeral home and sits on his porch watching all the people drive by.

"SEE YA SOON".

everybody in their life is dumb, stubborn and they know everything...... then they hit 40.

all of a sudden 50 ain't that old.

some have done us all a blessing by weeding themselves out before they could make a difference. feel free to do the same.

I heard from CBD the team will be having a talk with JM soon after the latest money phone thing. I don't care about the dudes partying or antics. Let him have fun. But the whole money phone thing isn't a good look. It's never cool to flaunt your money when most of your fans are probably not so fortunate as him. He needs to at least tell his friends to stop snapping and sharing every damn thing he does. Os

I agree...but I do wonder about his Dad's comments - there's a difference between college antics

and drinking, and possibly having a legit problem with alcohol that shows up later on. I imagine you

don't have the success that JM has had if you did have that problem. We'll have to figure it's just

a kid being wild on campus and having fun with all the media attention that his success has brought.

He should be finding out that some of the people around him are not really the friends a guy should be trusting.

If we had social media back in days of Namath and other NFL players, I can't imagine the fallout..

I wouldn't doubt the Browns put "morality riders" in JFF's contract. Come training camp- it's party then, watch your paycheck shrink.

Then again, maybe not. :)

Yeah TC- with age comes wisdom and perspective. Did I drink a ton of booze in college? Hell yes. Did I have someone writing me an $8 million dollar paycheck when I graduated, based on 100% performance? Hell No.

Then I'll say fucking blind young people who can't believe you can turn into a serious alcoholic before you're 23.

Too soon to say PG. That is if he doesn't destroy himself first.

Exactly, with age comes wisdom. He is a kid. He will do kid things until he realizes they are stupid.

I drank my face off in college. I lost my scholarship, then wisened up when I realized how expensive school was. He'll do the same.

Johnny is a 21 year old multi millionaire Heisman trophy winning first round NFL Draft pick. He has pick of the litter in every bar, event, restaurant, etc. he goes to. If you had that opportunity at 21, you'd probably take advantage of it as well. Maybe not at 50, but at 21...yes you would.

With age comes wisdom, not because you suddenly know all the right answers...but because you've experienced the wrong ones. Johnny has to earn his wisdom just as he earns his starting job. It can't and won't be rushed.

I heard from CBD the team will be having a talk with JM soon after the latest money phone thing. I don't care about the dudes partying or antics. Let him have fun. But the whole money phone thing isn't a good look. It's never cool to flaunt your money when most of your fans are probably not so fortunate as him. He needs to at least tell his friends to stop snapping and sharing every damn thing he does. Os

I agree...but I do wonder about his Dad's comments - there's a difference between college antics

and drinking, and possibly having a legit problem with alcohol that shows up later on. I imagine you

don't have the success that JM has had if you did have that problem. We'll have to figure it's just

a kid being wild on campus and having fun with all the media attention that his success has brought.

He should be finding out that some of the people around him are not really the friends a guy should be trusting.

If we had social media back in days of Namath and other NFL players, I can't imagine the fallout..

Just to add a touch of realism to the oft quoted Dad's comments. When I was in college I went to a party at a neighboring college and had too much to drink. An infrequent occurrence I might add. Due to circumstances I won't go into, I didn't go home to my normal college residence but instead went to my mom's house. If my mom had had the number of a rehab facility, I would have been checked in the next morning. Parents always want the best for their children and frequently over-react. In my case I have the LEAST addictive personality known to man but my mother who supposedly knew me best didn't have a clue. Recently my older sister who has known me my entire life (I'm one of the older crowd referred to here) felt compelled to warn me about the addictive nature of pain pills I was prescribed after knee surgery. I just gave her my Are You Kidding Me? look! So much for family knowing us best!

I`m sorry if this has already been posted and I`m sure you guys already hate this but I for one think its pretty cool when a whole new group of people become fans, so much so that they pay for this...Oh BTW me and my family will be watching and hoping you tear through the AFC North.

post-28277-0-00154800-1403386033_thumb.jpg

I`m sorry if this has already been posted and I`m sure you guys already hate this but I for one think its pretty cool when a whole new group of people become fans, so much so that they pay for this...Oh BTW me and my family will be watching and hoping you tear through the AFC North.

Maybe it's just because I live in TX, but that's awesome

If Browns fans put up a billboard proclaiming that they are now Cowboy fans because an Ohio St. QB got drafted by Dallas .... They would be douchebags.

Of course, it's cool when it's the other way around.

Z

it's always good to know that if you've got money, you can do anything.

i'd like to buy texas just so i could piss in my back yard and flick cigarette butts at aardvarks and scorpions.

hell i might not even let brown skinned people live there. oh, wait...................

Pay? This board is free AFAK. US Browns fans understand the JF love fest. Now if you gotta pay for Directv Sunday Ticket, that's another matter.

If you can't stand derogatory comments about Manziel, you're on the wrong board.

If Browns fans put up a billboard proclaiming that they are now Cowboy fans because an Ohio St. QB got drafted by Dallas .... They would be douchebags.

Of course, it's cool when it's the other way around.

Z

Yep. I just can't understand it. Especially grown men following around a 20 year old College Quarterback like a bunch of teenage girls stalking Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche.

Pay? This board is free AFAK. US Browns fans understand the JF love fest. Now if you gotta pay for Directv Sunday Ticket, that's another matter.

If you can't stand derogatory comments about Manziel, you're on the wrong board.

He means the billboard in his thumbnail., not our forum.

but it's just semantics. who cares if haslem would have said he wants him to be his shine boy. i don't get the big friggin deal. you got drafted, you just got paid. now do your job. you ARE a QB in the NFL. how many people can say that? did you even hear of brett favre when he was a falcon? all this is and all the precursor bullshit is, is a plan stirred up by JF fans, be it right or wrong, to get JF's story to continue and not to fizzle out no matter what.

i swear some of you guys won't be happy until he's riding in some ticker tape parade, in the back of an old caddy conv. with a stack of money in one hand and carrie underwood in the other while people exclaim "JF! the king of the universe!! all hail the new king!!"

Don't lie. That's your secret fantasy.

Here it is Sunday morning and we haven't heard any JFF stories, come on TMZ do your job where did Johnny have dinner last night, what is he having for breakfast this morning? We can't live without this info.

So, the kid signed a four year deal, with a team option for a fifth season. Between Manziel and Hoyer maybe we'll finally find stability at the QB position. Well, stability and Manziel are kind of an oxymoron. Let's all hope that he focuses in on strictly football come training camp because we really need him to be what we all hope he is... Then we can all say, "He is who we though he was!"

So, the kid signed a four year deal, with a team option for a fifth season. Between Manziel and Hoyer maybe we'll finally find stability at the QB position. Well, stability and Manziel are kind of an oxymoron. Let's all hope that he focuses in on strictly football come training camp because we really need him to be what we all hope he is... Then we can all say, "He is who we though he was!"

I think right now he is focused on screwing with the media because he knows he can, kinda like Belechick did when he was here only it backfired for him. The kid was very successful in college with his party like a rock star lifestyle, tells me he knows when and where to apply his football focus.

it's always good to know that if you've got money, you can do anything.

i'd like to buy texas just so i could piss in my back yard and flick cigarette butts at aardvarks and scorpions.

hell i might not even let brown skinned people live there. oh, wait...................

Man.... All that hate

Now this is just getting silly:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/johnny-manziel-harlem-globetrotters

The Harlem Globetrotters have drafted showman Johnny Manziel. That makes “Johnny Football” the three-way draft choice of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, baseball San Diego Padres and now basketball’s ultimate team of showmen with their red, white and blue ball.

Why doesn't that surprise me in the slightest anymore?

Well, I doubt seriously that Justin Beiber was adequately servicing her.

Archived