THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, not my type. I don't care for the Kim Kardashian wannabe look. I like mine blonde, cute as hell and with a personality to match. JB can have her.

Mike Evans: Johnny Manziel will change Browns' team
  • 0ap1000000222748.jpg
  • By Chris Wesseling

"Change the Team"? Yup- remember the Viking's Love Boat escapade? I believe Johnny's in line to Captain it.

That's newsworthy? An old teammate talking him up?

Meanwhile, Ulrich has a nice piece on the lil guys extracurricular activities....

This one you mean?

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/nate-ulrich-it-s-time-for-browns-to-urge-johnny-manziel-to-fulfill-predraft-promises-about-slowing-down-off-the-field-1.498480

Probably our Young 'uns wont appreciate a mature perspective. He damn better tone it down come end of July.

They also don't realize us season ticket holders have a pretty much direct pipeline to the Front Office through our account representatives- you can bet Farmer and Pettine have already gotten an earful of less than favorable feedback about JF's drunk weekend binges.

This board is full of jealous hater. Ok my work is done here. :lol::lol:

Call me a concerned oldster. It's one thing to thumb your nose at the world. To my mind Manziel crossed the line with that pic of him and a Silicone Valley Lounge Lizard. It's a different matter entirely- MHO. When one of the (probably) 2 most respected players on your pro team tells you politely- "hey rookie tone it down a notch, it ain't cool". JFF may have well titled that pic- "Fuck You, Joe Haden."

I really hope Pettine tells him- you're going to get docked $100k for every picture like that showing up in the regular season. It's starting to become clear to me TexasAG- and perhaps I'm jumping the gun a tad. Manziel is showing all the characteristics of a spoiled brat kid whose parents were too wussified to set boundaries for him. Because Apparently JF thinks they don't apply when he has ubber football talent.

I'll tell you right now, Manziel shows up in a bar after a Browns loss with a pic of him with a bimbo, the shitstorm is going to be like nothing he ever imagined.

Yaall have to realize its a different world. Everyone has a camera on them at all times and everyones eyes are on him all the time. He has yet to do ANYTHING wrong imo. Has he showed up late for a meeting? Been arrested? Failed a drug test? Im confused by the amount of hate this guy gets because he poses for pics in Vegas with famous people....not sure if yaall are jealous or dont know how to have fun.

Yaall have to realize its a different world. Everyone has a camera on them at all times and everyones eyes are on him all the time. He has yet to do ANYTHING wrong imo. Has he showed up late for a meeting? Been arrested? Failed a drug test? Im confused by the amount of hate this guy gets because he poses for pics in Vegas with famous people....not sure if yaall are jealous or dont know how to have fun.

I don't think it is "hate". More like "concern". Concern about what his priorities may in fact be. I agree with him completely that what he does in his off time is no issue unless it affects his now new "profession". Having fun on his off time does not affect it, but getting shitfaced with regularity could.

I am not saying that what we have seen is JFF getting shitfaced with regularity......but a few more incidences of shitfacednes here in the offseason, then it could be cause for concern.

Now, we here in this town have had in our history some notable personalities who performed brilliantly while shitfaced.

Look up a guy name Sam McDowell.....and Kevin Mackey....and Kevin Mack (just coincidence that their names are so close), and Jimmy Piersall (though his issues were perhap mental...not substances).

All we want of for Johnny Manziel to be Johnny Football, and not Johnny this:

Is anyone genuinely surprised by any of this? The guy is 21, was already living the spoiled celebrity lifestyle while in college, and just got handed millions of dollars. Did anyone seriously expect him to not go out and party?! I'm pretty sure Farmer/Pettine knew what they were getting themselves in to.

If he's doing damage to his body by putting drugs and stuff in, then that's a concern. If he's getting so drunk he can't get up in the morning and work through his exercise regime to stay fit for trianing camp, then that's a concern. If he's actually just having fun without damaging his body or fitness in any way, while continuing to learn the playbook, then knock yourself out kid.

I guarantee, you give me $8m when I turn 21, I'm not going to sit at home and crochet.

with that kind of money buy a house in cancun and build yourself the ultimate man cave with a full blown bar and stripper pole(s). invite intimate friends in with one stipulation, no phones.

problem is the kid loves the celebrity so much he'd end up taking selfies all night long.

A post that is out of touch with reality. hoorta

VS

A level headed post that understands the real world. gftChris

i don't think either one is out of touch reality. i think it greatly depends on the age of who is viewing it. the young people of the 'i deserve it' generation think there is nothing wrong with going out and acting stoopid even though you know every camera is pointed your way. their biggest question that they love to scream aloud is "WHAT!?! WHAT MFer!?! like what you gonna do?

where as people from my generation were brought up in a stable household (sorry guys...not too many single parent households back then...think about it) and know what humility is about and when seeing someone from that generation i mentioned above acting like a fool, we most certainly look down upon it. did we do they same thing as far as going out, getting laid etc. etc.? of course. but WE didn't have the whole world looking at us. given his resources he could sure find ways to do what he wants without getting his picture taken. the problem is he wants his picture taken.

pettine said in a news conference a couple weeks after the JF media horde showed up at berea that "they'll find out if manziel wants to be football player first and celebrity second or a just a celebrity."

So, the real world is enabling a drunk?

Fucking sheep....

The govt tells y'all a plant is bad to smoke and that make one abuser vilified.

The govt says booze is OK despite a staggering number of deaths, and another abuser is hailed as a kid being a kid.

Surprising that its the young crowd that feels this way, right?

Why is it that that the side effects of abuse are ignored simply because its legal to drink? Does legality lessen the damaging effects?

5 of 5 weekends since being drafted, the lil guy has gotten plastered and posted proof for the world to see. He'll have no one else to blame but himself for failure.

i don't think either one is out of touch reality. i think it greatly depends on the age of who is viewing it. the young people of the 'i deserve it' generation think there is nothing wrong with going out and acting stoopid even though you know every camera is pointed your way. their biggest question that they love to scream aloud is "WHAT!?! WHAT MFer!?! like what you gonna do?

where as people from my generation were brought up in a stable household (sorry guys...not too many single parent households back then...think about it) and know what humility is about and when seeing someone from that generation i mentioned above acting like a fool, we most certainly look down upon it. did we do they same thing as far as going out, getting laid etc. etc.? of course. but WE didn't have the whole world looking at us. given his resources he could sure find ways to do what he wants without getting his picture taken. the problem is he wants his picture taken.

pettine said in a news conference a couple weeks after the JF media horde showed up at berea that "they'll find out if manziel wants to be football player first and celebrity second or a just a celebrity."

THIS is a "level headed post that understands the real world". Right now, JB is nothing more than a celebrity. He hasn't done a single, solitary thing as a Cleveland Brown. Time will tell, and if he doesn't become the HoFer that the "i deserve it" disciples proclaim he will be, then it will have set the Browns back another 5 yrs....... At best.

So you believe in a double standard. You could do these things but he cant. How would you like to be sheltered home 24/7 locked up in your house, single and without family? BTW, Manziel was raised in a stable wealthy white home. Spoiled? Sure but i think alot of kids with money are. Does he enjoy being a celebrity? Sure, i dont think he hides from it and i dont think he should because some outdated fans think so.

You just don't get it. We are not saying he has "to be sheltered home 24/7 locked up in his house". Just act like a man, not a high school boy. Andrew Luck for example. I'm sure he has fun in life, but we never hear about it because unlike JB, he isn't "LOOK AT ME, AREN'T I KOOOOOL". He also wants to be the best in the NFL, and right now, he's on his way. JB on the other hand says he wants to be great, but his actions say different.

Hopefully he turns into a man soon.

You just don't get it. We are not saying he has "to be sheltered home 24/7 locked up in his house". Just act like a man, not a high school boy. Andrew Luck for example. I'm sure he has fun in life, but we never hear about it because unlike JB, he isn't "LOOK AT ME, AREN'T I KOOOOOL". He also wants to be the best in the NFL, and right now, he's on his way. JB on the other hand says he wants to be great, but his actions say different.

This^

He (and/or his friends) post photos on social media of him hammered and acting like a teenager having his first beer

and then his devoted followers get butt hurt when he gets less-than-elated reactions to his behavior. It's like the "reporter"

from TV Azteca (sp?) who attended a Jets practice dressed like she was going clubbing in South Beach and then bitched

because the players were looking at her. Or like Lady Gaga at a Mets game when she sat behind the photographers and

took her shirt off, wearing only a bra, and got pissed when the photographers turned around and started photographing her.

Look, JM's 21 and can do whatever the hell he wants. I truly don't care. But when he posts photos of drunken behavior on

social media (ESPECIALLY after the statements he made before the draft about how that behavior was in the past and he's

in the NFL now and going to act like a grown up) it just rubs people the wrong way. Like Gronk drunkenly dancing and

flailing around without a shirt a few hours after the Pats shit the bed on a perfect season.

He just comes off as an immature meathead. He's being billed as the savior of the franchise but he's acting like a teenager

away from home for the first time.

A post that is out of touch with reality.

VS

A level headed post that understands the real world.

I think my reality check is pretty good- he ignored advice from probably the most respected guy on the Browns- that makes JF a Class A jerk in my book.

That's what the JFF loverboys don't get- guys like Luck and RGIII know how to go out have a good time and not get their drunk pictures posted on instagram. Manziel apparently loves the spotlight. Those antics scream "LOOK AT ME." Some of us are less than impressed. His on field performance had better match his ego. Cleveland in general, and the Browns in particular don't need to become yet another national joke, which is what they'll be if Manziel flops.

I'm having a little trouble with all the people assuming that Manziel was s___ f___ drunk every weekend. Didn't see any of the Vegas pictures that looked that way and independent observers said he did not appear to be out of control. The latest ones, based on clothing, were not even taken at the same time. Do we really even know that they were from this past weekend or could they be archived pictures? I saw a different picture on another site that was obviously taken with a long-angle lens paparazzi style where he had on obviously different clothing. I think it has gotten to the point where the media is so on him that he can't go anywhere without being photographed and then people say "see he's drunk again" even if there is no evidence (like at a sporting event). The only ones where he appeared to be drunk were the swan pix and the money phone. I totally agree that neither of those were good looks.

Does he enjoy being a celebrity? Sure, i dont think he hides from it and i dont think he should because some outdated fans think so.

it won't be just some outdated fans if it keeps happening, believe me.

i never got the guys with all the money in the world have to be out there in the public eye just so they can look like the man, instead of renting a floor at the hilton and leaving through the back door.

This^

He (and/or his friends) post photos on social media of him hammered and acting like a teenager having his first beer

and then his devoted followers get butt hurt when he gets less-than-elated reactions to his behavior. It's like the "reporter"

from TV Azteca (sp?) who attended a Jets practice dressed like she was going clubbing in South Beach and then bitched

because the players were looking at her. Or like Lady Gaga at a Mets game when she sat behind the photographers and

took her shirt off, wearing only a bra, and got pissed when the photographers turned around and started photographing her.

Look, JM's 21 and can do whatever the hell he wants. I truly don't care. But when he posts photos of drunken behavior on

social media (ESPECIALLY after the statements he made before the draft about how that behavior was in the past and he's

in the NFL now and going to act like a grown up) it just rubs people the wrong way. Like Gronk drunkenly dancing and

flailing around without a shirt a few hours after the Pats shit the bed on a perfect season.

He just comes off as an immature meathead. He's being billed as the savior of the franchise but he's acting like a teenager

away from home for the first time.

He's 21, a first round draft pick, it's the summer and he doesn't have to be in camp. Of course he's out having fun.

The media is only going to show him in the club. They're not going to show him with his nose in his playbook because that doesn't help ratings. So even if Manziel is in a club for 20 minutes...that 20 minutes is going to be broadcast on every sports channel and website around.

I saw three Panthers players out getting drunk last night, yet nobody says shit about that. Because they aren't Manziel.

You want the media to stop reporting on Manziel? Change the channel the second he appears on screen. If you and every other person bitching about him did that, the ratings would drop and the media would move on to something else. But, instead, you all watch every second of it...then rush to the internet to bitch about him.

Archived