THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

He gets hammered, posts it on social media, and I have to turn my tv off? No thanks.

I truly don't care what Johnny Manziel does in his spare time. If he brings a Lombardi trophy

to Cleveland, he can puke onstage at the ESPY's for all I care. (Now THAT would be fucking awesome)

When I was growing up as an athlete, it was still considered bad form to constantly call

attention to yourself. The aggressive "look at me" self-promotion doesn't impress me.

Especially when he hasn't done fuckall in the NFL. Yet.

Again, if he becomes a successful NFL qb and take us to the promised land, he can get

shit-faced and puke on live tv and I'll lead the cheers. But until he leads us to the promised

land, he's just a 21 year old kid acting like a douche. As I did at his age.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a little trouble with all the people assuming that Manziel was s___ f___ drunk every weekend. Didn't see any of the Vegas pictures that looked that way and independent observers said he did not appear to be out of control. The latest ones, based on clothing, were not even taken at the same time. Do we really even know that they were from this past weekend or could they be archived pictures? I saw a different picture on another site that was obviously taken with a long-angle lens paparazzi style where he had on obviously different clothing. I think it has gotten to the point where the media is so on him that he can't go anywhere without being photographed and then people say "see he's drunk again" even if there is no evidence (like at a sporting event). The only ones where he appeared to be drunk were the swan pix and the money phone. I totally agree that neither of those were good looks.

Yeah- we can look up some "archived" stuff from his A&M days too. Same old, same old. "I'm in the NFL now, it will be different". Apparently not. Nice of you to dis a Pro Bowl teammate while you're at it.

it won't be just some outdated fans if it keeps happening, believe me.

i never got the guys with all the money in the world have to be out there in the public eye just so they can look like the man, instead of renting a floor at the hilton and leaving through the back door.

Andrew Luck gets it, ditto Peyton Manning. They have the keycode to the private entrance of St. Elmo's Steakhouse in Indy (top 10 in the country IMHO). Johnny will walk in the front door with his groupies.

He's 21, a first round draft pick, it's the summer and he doesn't have to be in camp. Of course he's out having fun.

The media is only going to show him in the club. They're not going to show him with his nose in his playbook because that doesn't help ratings. So even if Manziel is in a club for 20 minutes...that 20 minutes is going to be broadcast on every sports channel and website around.

I saw three Panthers players out getting drunk last night, yet nobody says shit about that. Because they aren't Manziel.

You want the media to stop reporting on Manziel? Change the channel the second he appears on screen. If you and every other person bitching about him did that, the ratings would drop and the media would move on to something else. But, instead, you all watch every second of it...then rush to the internet to bitch about him.

Three things TC

1) Out having fun- and not giving a shit if it makes you look like an asshole? Not too smart there kiddo.

2) The Manziel circus is forced on us- I don't have a choice. BSPN is all over him (as I predicted). LOL- I'd say 1\2 of the National media is just waiting for a crash & burn. We'll see if JF behaves differently after rookie Boot Camp in Aurora. (I seriously doubt it.)

3) Manziel is the only person that can control Manziel. He's obviously sucking up all the attention same as the "Real Attention Whores" (Housewives) of- pick a city- on Bravo. It goes deeper than that- if you had a drinking problem in the past- you ought to know that damn well. Some people can pull back from the brink. Others can't. There were a shit ton of character red flags pre-draft on Manziel, primary reason he dropped IMHO. Browns minimized them.They had better be right.

I'm rooting for Manziel to be a star qb when he gets to starting.

The off field stuff, hopefully, is just stupid young guy celebrity stuff.

I hope that's just a last bit of foolishness he was engaged in, because

he's in grown up world now. Before he was drafted, I was very concerned

about his skills and style of play translating into the NFL - but, they drafted him,

and they know bigtime what they're doing.

The off the field stuff - we'll just have to hope that it isn't an alcohol problem. But

he's been happy with the limelight and college star attention, there's a maturity

process - at least he doesn't wear mink coats and ride motorcyles like Evil Kneivel....

I'm gonna cheer him on, rooting for him now...but I think Hoyer starts. He's a very smart kid,

he'll adapt. He'd better, eh?

Yeah- we can look up some "archived" stuff from his A&M days too. Same old, same old. "I'm in the NFL now, it will be different". Apparently not. Nice of you to dis a Pro Bowl teammate while you're at it.

Not sure who you say is dissing a Pro Bowl teammate. ??? If you're saying Manziel was by going out and being photographed, if the photos weren't taken last weekend then it's not a diss. If media continues to print archived photos in future weeks, will that also be proof of him dissing teammate.

I'm having a little trouble with all the people assuming that Manziel was s___ f___ drunk every weekend. Didn't see any of the Vegas pictures that looked that way and independent observers said he did not appear to be out of control. The latest ones, based on clothing, were not even taken at the same time. Do we really even know that they were from this past weekend or could they be archived pictures? I saw a different picture on another site that was obviously taken with a long-angle lens paparazzi style where he had on obviously different clothing. I think it has gotten to the point where the media is so on him that he can't go anywhere without being photographed and then people say "see he's drunk again" even if there is no evidence (like at a sporting event). The only ones where he appeared to be drunk were the swan pix and the money phone. I totally agree that neither of those were good looks.

Quit making excuses for him, just embrace it.

I think it is awesome that he does what he wants on his days off and doesn't give a shit what people think.

Pittsburgh's Qb is a rapist, the Ravens running back is a wife beater, Half of the Bengals roster has a future doing hard time ... but all the attention is on our QB because he has fun and doesnt give a fuck.

Im glad he's in Cleveland. I think the Browns and Cavs are about to get real exciting. And the Tribe will always compete as long as they have Francona. Good days ahead for Cleveland.

I embrace Johnny Manziel. And everything that comes with him. Looking forward to training camp.

Z

Quit making excuses for him, just embrace it.

I think it is awesome that he does what he wants on his days off and doesn't give a shit what people think.

Pittsburgh's Qb is a rapist, the Ravens running back is a wife beater, Half of the Bengals roster has a future doing hard time ... but all the attention is on our QB because he has fun and doesnt give a fuck.

Im glad he's in Cleveland. I think the Browns and Cavs are about to get real exciting. And the Tribe will always compete as long as they have Francona. Good days ahead for Cleveland.

I embrace Johnny Manziel. And everything that comes with him. Looking forward to training camp.

Z

I totally agree with you. Sorry for trying to defend him. I just get tired of all the do gooders trying to tell others how to live their lives.

Exactly, with age comes wisdom. He is a kid. He will do kid things until he realizes they are stupid.

True... but there is a seriously high percentage that start to see the light at age 21.

Well, it looks like JFF spent the weekend banging Justin Beiber's old girlfriend.

http://www.barstools...ers-girlfriend/

Damn.... their kids would have some serious honkers... and I ain't talkin' titties...

He is not Andrew Luck.

Finally a post of yours I agree with...

I embrace Johnny Manziel. And everything that comes with him.

Now there's an Instagram worth looking forward to...

He gets hammered, posts it on social media, and I have to turn my tv off? No thanks.

I truly don't care what Johnny Manziel does in his spare time. If he brings a Lombardi trophy

to Cleveland, he can puke onstage at the ESPY's for all I care. (Now THAT would be fucking awesome)

When I was growing up as an athlete, it was still considered bad form to constantly call

attention to yourself. The aggressive "look at me" self-promotion doesn't impress me.

Especially when he hasn't done fuckall in the NFL. Yet.

Again, if he becomes a successful NFL qb and take us to the promised land, he can get

shit-faced and puke on live tv and I'll lead the cheers. But until he leads us to the promised

land, he's just a 21 year old kid acting like a douche. As I did at his age.

I just hate the fact that this drunk a@@ spoiled rich kid represents the city of Cleveland.

In the NFL, you have 3 seasons to prove yourself....i doubt he'll grow up and be a man within those 3 seasons.

Ill root for Manziel and the Browns.

First, your rooting order is predictably revealing.

Second, I believe I have seniority.

Go root for the Colts. Ill root for Manziel and the Browns.

The appropriate comment a browns fan would make there would be "fuck you, go root for buffalo."

But since you aren't a browns fan, you wouldn't understand the meaning of it and how it came about.

It is rather interesting to see a bandwagon jumper tell a browns fan to go root for another team though.

I know these comments probably wont make it out on ESPN but i thought they might easy the worry warts here.

"I'm growing up and continuing to learn from my mistakes and trying not to make the same ones over and over again, but am I going to live in a shell or am I just going to hide from everybody and not do anything? I don't think that's the way I should live my life and I'm not going to do it.

'I'm going out on the weekends an enjoying my time,'' he said. "I mean, I've put in a lot of work here. It's a unique situation for me. Like I said earlier, I didn't think I was any different than anybody else, but when I walk in somewhere, it's a story, whether it's a bar, whether it's a restaurant, whether it's anything and I just have to have a better understanding of that.''

...every day that I'm getting to live in a great city with great teammates and great coaches and a great organization. So for me I'm very happy,'' he said. "This is where I should be and it's time to continue to get better and live my life and not let anything derail that."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/06/johnny_manziel_2.html

BTW, according to Manziel the money phone thing was awhile back. It wasnt recent.

Okay, please, I'm getting nauseous.

Andrew Luck gets it, ditto Peyton Manning. They have the keycode to the private entrance of St. Elmo's Steakhouse in Indy (top 10 in the country IMHO). Johnny will walk in the front door with his groupies.

Three things TC

1) Out having fun- and not giving a shit if it makes you look like an asshole? Not too smart there kiddo.

2) The Manziel circus is forced on us- I don't have a choice. BSPN is all over him (as I predicted). LOL- I'd say 1\2 of the National media is just waiting for a crash & burn. We'll see if JF behaves differently after rookie Boot Camp in Aurora. (I seriously doubt it.)

3) Manziel is the only person that can control Manziel. He's obviously sucking up all the attention same as the "Real Attention Whores" (Housewives) of- pick a city- on Bravo. It goes deeper than that- if you had a drinking problem in the past- you ought to know that damn well. Some people can pull back from the brink. Others can't. There were a shit ton of character red flags pre-draft on Manziel, primary reason he dropped IMHO. Browns minimized them.They had better be right.

And you're not one of the half rooting for him to crash and burn?

I'd love to see where any licensed team physician, psychologist or even scout has said anything about him having a drinking problem. Not some Joe Schmo who's never once been in the same room as the kid. Until you can present that, stop using alcoholic in your analysis.

I know the dangers of alcoholism better than most but I'm also not one of those people who just proclaims everyone an alcoholic.

Getting hammered once in a while doesn't make you a drunk. Getting hammered every time you go out doesn't even make you a drunk.Acting like an idiot doesn't make you a drunk. Being a kid doesn't make you a drunk.

Chugging a fifth for breakfast because you can't stand to face the world sober makes you a drunk. The inability to go throughout the day without knocking a few back makes you a drunk.

Turning to alcohol to escape the stresses of life makes you a drunk, not getting smashed with your other 21 year old friends.

Unless any of you are JM, you have no idea if he's a drunk. And none of us are qualified to judge a persons mental stability based off the snippets of media coverage showing his actions.

Guess what...Andrew Luck has gotten smashed. I'm sure multiple times. So has Peyton Manning. So have you. So have I.

I bet each person has at least 5-10 stories involving drunken shenanigans. Now imagine if there were cameras that captured all of those moments for the world to see.

Does that make you an immature drunk? Or we're you just being young and stupid?

holy shit if there were cameras to capture every one of my drunken stupors you people would be laughing your asses off. I think the best one was when one of our crew passed out on the picnic table flat on his back with his mouth wide open, we all pulled our junk out and hung it over his mouth and we took pictures. That was just one of many before the advent of social media. So Johnny, continue to have all the fun you'd like cause I've seen nothing as stupid as what I just described.

Most of the people here don't have friends, or balls, so they can't relate.

((Drops Mic))

<< gets hit with tomatoes as he swaggies off stage>>

new guy's first post here:

i wouldnt have selected johnny, but it was the brown's extra first rounder, and im okay with taking a chance on him. i was relieved when they used their first overall on gilbert, and they do need qb talent.

i wouldnt think JF would hold up in the AFC North, but im not running an nfl team. being down here in texas, ive seen alot of JF, and i wouldnt want to underestimate him, but im doubtful. hopeful, but doubtful.

i think hoyer will keep JF on the bench as long as Hoy boy can stay healthy. remember those sweet corner fade passes to cameron? and the way the whole offense perked up when Hoy was in?

i could see JF riding the pine for a season or two, and then bringing a first round pick in a trade, with connor shaw being hoyer's long term backup. call me crazy, i know many will.

new guy's first post here:

i wouldnt have selected johnny, but it was the brown's extra first rounder, and im okay with taking a chance on him. i was relieved when they used their first overall on gilbert, and they do need qb talent.

i wouldnt think JF would hold up in the AFC North, but im not running an nfl team. being down here in texas, ive seen alot of JF, and i wouldnt want to underestimate him, but im doubtful. hopeful, but doubtful.

i think hoyer will keep JF on the bench as long as Hoy boy can stay healthy. remember those sweet corner fade passes to cameron? and the way the whole offense perked up when Hoy was in?

i could see JF riding the pine for a season or two, and then bringing a first round pick in a trade, with connor shaw being hoyer's long term backup. call me crazy, i know many will.

I think hoyer will keep his ass on the bench for a while. Once johnny hits the field though, I think there might be a few of us in the Tavern ready to rip him a new asshole once he shits the bed. Hope he kicks ass by it is the Tavern way.

I totally agree with you. Sorry for trying to defend him. I just get tired of all the do gooders trying to tell others how to live their lives.

Party away JF. As they say- you only have one chance to make a first impression.

Go root for the Colts. Ill root for Manziel and the Browns.

I'll root for Phil Dawson & the 49ers- he was here for about 12 years longer than JF. And if Manziel gets traded to the Colts, you'll be a Colts fan. Previously stated- we've had Texas fans (McCoy) Anderson fans (Oregon State) pimping their hero. We understand the JF love- but only as long as he's a member of the Browns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/johnny-manziel-sick-of-the-attention--but-doesn-t-plan-to-change-161913561.html

'I’m not going to change who I am'

ohh....ya....no plans to change?!?! :angry:

Don't let me see you in a bar after a loss with Drake laughing it up...

Did I not already say that?

I said the Colts because Luck plays for that team. Saying Buffalo wouldnt be relevant to the topic.

How am i a bandwagon jumper? I am still a Cowboys fan.

I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan- so there. You are a JF fanboy. We hope he does well- that has yet to be seen.

I guess we'll see if the anybody in "I’m not going to change who I am for anybody", includes the guy that signs his checks.

I guess we'll see if the anybody in "I’m not going to change who I am for anybody", includes the guy that signs his checks.

That guy is no choir boy either. The money phone thing was a little over the top but everything else was just good fun. Johnny has not been arrested, failed any pee test, knocked out his girl of the night, stabbed anybody, has not shot anybody, or cut off the head of his ex wife/girlfriend while wearing gloves that are two sizes too small. The media needs to start reporting on the football shit and leave the weekend shit out of it.

Well, I'm definitely not a holier-than-thou-do-gooder. When I got married and stopped running the bars

11 years ago I was granted my own wing in the Drunk and Stupid Hall of Fame. Again, as long as he leads

us to the promised land, I don't give a shit what the kid does in his off hours.

My point is this: he was drafted as the future leader of the franchise, and one of the big reasons he was still

on the board at 22 is because of concerns about his past history. Does JM getting hammered on weekends

mean he is an out-of-control alcoholic? Of course not. What I'm saying is that the media shit storm over his

partying is of his own making. He (and his friends) are the ones posting his antics on social media. I have no

doubt that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning have gotten shit-faced in the past. The difference is that you

never hear about it because they don't get shit-faced and then post it for the world to see and then bitch about

the negative attention their own actions are bringing them.

What I'm saying is JM needs to use his head, just a tiny bit. He knew coming in that he had a less than stellar

reputation as far as his personal habits. We know that he was aware of this negative perception because of his

own statements before and after the draft concerning his behavior. JM can negate a lot of the negative coverage

if he will just stop posting photos every time he gets hammered. Stop feeding your detractors with the ammunition

that allows them to say "See, we told ya so, you wasted a draft pick."

Tone it the fuck down. Resist the urge to let the world in on every time you scratch your ass. I know that is a tall

order in todays low-rent reality show mind-set that drives people to share every minute tidbit of their personal

lives with the rest of the world. Right now, JM's his own worst enemy. A lot of the negative attention can be negated

if he will just use a little discretion.

Archived