THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not? Let's get that Manziel "package" going... It never hurt us in the 2 games we actually used it. And, it couldn't have hurt this past week. Even if it's just 3-4 plays, might as well let the kid get his feet wet... It's how Kaepernick developed before he finally took over...

Losing to Pittsburgh and Baltimore aren't "Great Games" and that Titans game was a mess and you know it. Thank God Locker went out.

I would not be surprised to see Manziel play some on Sunday, but would be shocked if Manziel "replaced" Hoyer. Once you make that move the circus begins and its hard to go back. That's a tough decision to make mid-game.

Truth is Brian has put the Browns in a bad spot with this contract issue and his recent play. Weird balance of winning now and planning for the future. Have to be realistic about playoff chances here and what you want to do with Brian.

Losing to Pittsburgh and Baltimore aren't "Great Games" and that Titans game was a mess and you know it. Thank God Locker went out.

I would not be surprised to see Manziel play some on Sunday, but would be shocked if Manziel "replaced" Hoyer. Once you make that move the circus begins and its hard to go back. That's a tough decision to make mid-game.

Truth is Brian has put the Browns in a bad spot with this contract issue and his recent play. Weird balance of winning now and planning for the future. Have to be realistic about playoff chances here and what you want to do with Brian.

Dude the offensive production this year has been "stellar" and it's because of Hoyer. Those close games are not his fault. Are you going to blame our losses because the offense couldn't muster 40 points? It's a disaster right now to play Manziel, you're compounding Hoyers 1 bad game. They wouldnt' even discuss Manziel playing at all right now even after that bad game...if something isn't going on internally. I think Hoyers agent fucked us by planting that seed in his mind that he's worth Manning money AND the young backup needs to be out of Cleveland.

This is worst case scenario. Hoyer has one bad game and we're talking JFF again. This team just cannot hang on to any continuity. Unfortunately it might be Hoyer and his fucking agents fault...which is just mystifying to me. Fuck I'm so irritated about this. Are we really gonna start this QB roulette now? We're staring a season implosion right in the face.

I wasn't saying we should go to Manziel as a starter, but I think we need to utilize him in a package for maybe a few plays. He could inject some life into the offense next time they are playing that stagnant... might've helped this past Sunday

I wasn't saying we should go to Manziel as a starter, but I think we need to utilize him in a package for maybe a few plays. He could inject some life into the offense next time they are playing that stagnant... might've helped this past Sunday

But the coaches know what a slippery slope that is. Manziel comes in for one series and its 3 and out, no big deal Hoyer comes in and everything is fine. Manziel comes in for one drive and does some Manziel-ian things and leads the team to a energy injecting score.....you can't go back to Hoyer. Thats the problem. That would force their hand, and they don't want to be in that position.

But the coaches know what a slippery slope that is. Manziel comes in for one series and its 3 and out, no big deal Hoyer comes in and everything is fine. Manziel comes in for one drive and does some Manziel-ian things and leads the team to a energy injecting score.....you can't go back to Hoyer. Thats the problem. That would force their hand, and they don't want to be in that position.

I completely disagree. You can say Manziel was ready for a short stint in the game, but not ready to start every week in the NFL. That is probably more the truth anyway...

If JF comes in the game, I hope its not those same crap plays they gave him the first couple of times. I for one would like to see where he's at in his progression. He's one play away from having to come in and lead this team. He needs some game time to get ready for that. I think he could have been used in the Jacksonville game, but I understand they had to see if Hoyer had another big comeback in him. Best case scenario is Hoyer leads team to a big lead, and Johnny gets to mop up. (I can dream can't I)

Dumbest move ever. How many QB's confidence must our FO destroy every year? If he has to look over his shoulder then pack it up. We are fucked.

So I guess we like having having two to three qb flip flip starters a year. That is a recipe for success.

Dumbest move ever. How many QB's confidence must our FO destroy every year? If he has to look over his shoulder then pack it up. We are fucked.

Don't know if I want a guy that can't handle competition. All of those QBs we had and "ruined", weren't worth squat to begin with.

The writing has been on the wall since they drafted Manziel. A lot of fans got a chubby when the team was 3-2, thinking 11-5 was a reality, but this team is what it is. What has always scared me is the simple fact that guys who get paid a lot of money to evaluate players thought, and maybe still think, Johnny Manziel is the answer. I hope I'm wrong and the 5'9" guy that weighs 195 with a suspect mind and average arm is the next Doug Flutie but if I am, after that steaming pile of a pre-season, he would've already been given the keys to the car.

I hope I'm wrong and the 5'9" guy that weighs 195 with a suspect mind and average arm is the next Doug Flutie but if I am, after that steaming pile of a pre-season, he would've already been given the keys to the car.

You're already wrong seeing has how he's not 5'9 but rather 5'11 3/4 and weighs 210 not 195.

A suspect mind? Who the fuck are you, Dr. Phil?

Below average arm? It's probably better than Hoyer's in all honesty. The underthrow to Gabriel was living prooof Hoyer doesn't have a great arm.

He had a better preseason than Hoyer you genius.

I'm saying if Hoyer shits the bed vs. Tampa and Oakland, you go with Manziel to see what he can do

Manziel just offers what Hoyer doesn't....

The ability to get outside of the pocket and make plays with his feet.

If the offensive line is going to play good, then go with Hoyer.

If the offensive line is going to suck dicks, you go with Manziel so he can avoid the pressure.

Fucking brilliant. Nevermind that the kid is still an extremely raw rookie that opposing NFL defenses will FORCE to remain in the pocket. He'll have to make throws, pure and simple. To date, he's not shown the ability

to even come close to consistently doing that.

You're already wrong seeing has how he's not 5'9 but rather 5'11 3/4 and weighs 210 not 195.

A suspect mind? Who the fuck are you, Dr. Phil?

Below average arm? It's probably better than Hoyer's in all honesty. The underthrow to Gabriel was living prooof Hoyer doesn't have a great arm.

He had a better preseason than Hoyer you genius.

I'm saying if Hoyer shits the bed vs. Tampa and Oakland, you go with Manziel to see what he can do

Sumlin's offense could be run by a guy off the street.

I never said Hoyer has a strong arm, so saying Manziel throws it harder than Pennington doesn't me he's Warren Moon.

Manziel's pre-season was primarily against 2nd and 3rd string, against the #1's game 3 he was suspect.

He'll have to make throws, pure and simple. To date, he's not shown the ability

to even come close to consistently doing that.

And Brian Hoyer proved on Sunday he can't consistently do that with a wide open Jordan Cameron and Taylor Gabriel.

You have to make those throws. That's 14 points left off the board.

My argument for Manziel is that if Hoyer does this again against Tampa & Oakland, you have to go with Manziel.

Hoyer has 0 mobility so at least Manziel will be able to extend plays

And Brian Hoyer proved on Sunday he can't consistently do that with a wide open Jordan Cameron and Taylor Gabriel.

You have to make those throws. That's 14 points left off the board.

My argument for Manziel is that if Hoyer does this again against Tampa & Oakland, you have to go with Manziel.

Hoyer has 0 mobility so at least Manziel will be able to extend plays

Your definition of mobility is having wheels to haul ass, my definition of mobility is a QB that can slide in the pocket when he senses pressure. The latter is generally the far more successful of the two.

As for Hoyer, he has one bad. One, and you throw this tangent out there? GTFO. Hoyer has had several games with great throws and consistent touch and Foosball can't quite dream of.

That said, I see you've been smoking some good shit again.

Your definition of mobility is having wheels to haul ass, my definition of mobility is a QB that can slide in the pocket when he senses pressure. The latter is generally the far more successful of the two.

As for Hoyer, he has one bad. One, and you throw this tangent out there? GTFO. Hoyer has had several games with great throws and consistent touch and Foosball can't quite dream of.

That said, I see you've been smoking some good shit again.

Ditto. Hoyer hasn't displayed mobility issues at all. The good quarterbacks can sense pressure and move away from it while continuing to scan the field, something Hoyer does very well.

Even if Manziel does play at some point this season, I don't want to see him end up like RG3.

Archived