THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Interesting article. I would like to see Manziel succeed but my priority is wanting the Browns to succeed. Mudfly posted something earlier and maybe it could be the case some other NFL team did not think JM got a fair chance here and would want to trade for him? If they could make a trade for him I would do it.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"During the draft process, not one person interviewed by the team said he was going to grow up," said one source directly involved in the drafting of Manziel. "You can't blame Johnny. This is who he is. The team knew that."

That just makes me all warm and fuzzy and filled with confidence going into May's draft. Two picks in the 1st round............. What could possibly go wrong?

I could be wrong, but I feel like all these media statements about the QB may not be in the building etc are to keep lighting a fire under Manziel's ass. Don't get me wrong, I'm 200% for what they are saying here. This may just be my eternal optimism, but maybe Manziel got kicked in the pants enough to realize it's time to get serious. I do honestly think he's got the talent to be an NFL QB, but not with the attitude he's got now. Who knows for sure though but I am damn glad they aren't coddling him anymore.

Another way to look at it is exactly what was said-he's got a very narrow window before his fame will be absolutely gone if he doesn't change things. Winston will be the media boy come draft day and if he sucks it up next year no one will care anymore.

Very clear message from the entire Browns organization from FO to players. Grow up, be a professional or leave the building with all your "friends" who clearly don't care enough about you to tell you the truth-you are fucking this up badly. If you want help we will give it, but you have to see you need it first.

Need three QB's: Shaw, JF, and a veteran starter (maybe Hoyer). Then Farmer says to Manziel, "make one step out of line and you're gone. Be the #3 QB and you're gone. Don't give us 100% everyday and you're gone ..." Then live by those rules and see what happens. Personally, I'm thinking he has a real drinking problem and it's going to f-up his career completely.

I'm thinkin he has a drinking problem...and who can expect him to

all of a sudden, get rid of that, change his party personality to a work

hard all day and night long personality, and stop saying stuff that sounds

good, then not backing it up.....

personally, I don't expect him to make the turnaround. Very sad. I guess the

qb coach figured if his coaching failed, it wouldn't be his fault, it would be Johnny's.

Include him in a trade with somebody and let them wait for three years for this knucklehed to get it.

I'm thinkin he has a drinking problem...and who can expect him to

all of a sudden, get rid of that, change his party personality to a work

hard all day and night long personality, and stop saying stuff that sounds

good, then not backing it up.....

Include him in a trade with somebody and let them wait for three years for this knucklehed to get it.

I'm thinking you are right and he either gets it now or he is gone from the NFL by the end of the year. No one else would take a chance on him if he can't even make it with a team in dire need of a QB. I'd give him this year with the caveat that he must participate in alcohol education classes where he will learn what having a problem actually means. He reminds me of Art Schlicter and his gambling addition that took him down that same path of self destruction and being unable to understand it all the way to the bottom.

"Drunk off his ass" the Saturday before the final game. This is the absolute lowest point since 99. The Brown's could not even trade him for McCoy, weeden, or DA at this point.

I actually feel I deserve to eat crow about Lombardi and banner right now. Hoyer will play many more yrs than this fucking moron. I pray every night Hoyer comes back. Sure he's not the franchise guy but, nor is anyone on the roster, can't get that guy in FA , and we sure ain't gonna get that guy in draft. So just go with the guy that has had most consistent success for this joke of a franchise. Hell let's build the team around the qb position for the first time ever instead of looking for lightening in a bottle.

BUSINESS AS USUAL IN CLEVELAND....<c some idiots prove me wrong.

It is mind-boggling how so many different groups since 99 have made so many mistakes. For every Joe Thomas and Hayden, we've had 20 screw-ups or bad luck situations. Anyway, the article tells me the team hates JF, his behavior, and his attitude. If I'm Farmer, I know I can't afford to have that in my locker room. It may be too late for JF in Cleveland. He may already need a new team.

Here is a fairly insightful article that just popped up....long, but good.....sounds like his teammates(and maybe the fo) are leaking their feelings.....another well crafted message to JFF, me thinks....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12216266/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-struggled-commitment-preparation-sources-said

Last line made me laugh....

"What Johnny has to understand is [if] he has another year like he just had, he's not going to be famous anymore," one NFL team exec said. "LeBron James is going to lose his number."

Yep, saw that earlier (diff thread).

Some serious issues brought to light here.

Manziel has been given plenty of chances. He needs to go. I don't want other guys on the team busting their tail only to see JM not putting in the effort it takes to be an NFL qb. Hoyer may not be the long term answer but he is the answer for next season. When the Browns did well the first part of the season this year they had a decent run game going and Hoyer did well. The running game disappeared after Mack went out injured and the offense sputtered from that point on. You have to be able to run the ball or defenses will shut you down.

Manziel has been given plenty of chances. He needs to go. I don't want other guys on the team busting their tail only to see JM not putting in the effort it takes to be an NFL qb. Hoyer may not be the long term answer but he is the answer for next season. When the Browns did well the first part of the season this year they had a decent run game going and Hoyer did well. The running game disappeared after Mack went out injured and the offense sputtered from that point on. You have to be able to run the ball or defenses will shut you down.

Totally agree..

Very clear message from the entire Browns organization from FO to players. Grow up, be a professional or leave the building with all your "friends" who clearly don't care enough about you to tell you the truth-you are fucking this up badly. If you want help we will give it, but you have to see you need it first.

If you saw that youtube? of Haslam at the banquet- it couldn't be any clearer- Johnny Boy, You've heard it from me, Ray, and Mike. Here's what we expect. Fall short and it's adios. And the fall short involves a rather embarrassing descent to Brittany Spears ho ho-dom. Le Bron may have to block your incoming calls.

Need three QB's: Shaw, JF, and a veteran starter (maybe Hoyer). Then Farmer says to Manziel, "make one step out of line and you're gone. Be the #3 QB and you're gone. Don't give us 100% everyday and you're gone ..." Then live by those rules and see what happens. Personally, I'm thinking he has a real drinking problem and it's going to f-up his career completely.

Some can overcome those booze demons- there's hope- it might be faint hope.

"Drunk off his ass" the Saturday before the final game. This is the absolute lowest point since 99. The Brown's could not even trade him for McCoy, weeden, or DA at this point.

I actually feel I deserve to eat crow about Lombardi and banner right now. Hoyer will play many more yrs than this fucking moron. I pray every night Hoyer comes back. Sure he's not the franchise guy but, nor is anyone on the roster, can't get that guy in FA , and we sure ain't gonna get that guy in draft. So just go with the guy that has had most consistent success for this joke of a franchise. Hell let's build the team around the qb position for the first time ever instead of looking for lightening in a bottle.

BUSINESS AS USUAL IN CLEVELAND....<c some idiots prove me wrong.

Nah- the absolute lowest point- and though I hate the Bungles- was Stanley Wilson getting coked out of his mind the night before the Super Bowl- MHO is that trumps anything else.

Here is a fairly insightful article that just popped up....long, but good.....sounds like his teammates(and maybe the fo) are leaking their feelings.....another well crafted message to JFF, me thinks....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12216266/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-struggled-commitment-preparation-sources-said

Last line made me laugh....

"What Johnny has to understand is [if] he has another year like he just had, he's not going to be famous anymore," one NFL team exec said. "LeBron James is going to lose his number."

Mud it was a huge roll of the dice on JFF- the FO thought they could control the circus- they were wrong. Well JFF, go show us you really want to be an NFL quarterback.

if he's got a drinking problem then god help us all, because lordy them college kids can throw some mean keggers and they're the future of this country.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

his problem isn't with booze. his problem is the celeb spotlight which he wants more than a nfl career as a qb. the only reason he's still suiting up is because it is a way to fulfill his goal of being relevant.

if he's got a drinking problem then god help us all, because lordy them college kids can throw some mean keggers and they're the future of this country.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

his problem isn't with booze. his problem is the celeb spotlight which he wants more than a nfl career as a qb. the only reason he's still suiting up is because it is a way to fulfill his goal of being relevant.

It's both mik. It's both. He's been overwhelmed. That's why I mentioned "friends" he has acquired that really don't give a fuck what is happening to him. Everyone with a major problem needs enablers to "help" him stay in it. His happens to be a circus over which he has zero control as long as he does not ask for professional help. If FO wants to really do something they need to make it clear they will provide the proper help if he makes that first step of recognition and asks.

Bingo. Terrible influence, especially to the rookies coming in. Plus it creates a bad atmosphere of resentment. Teammates will be pissed at him.

I'd love to just have him cut right now. But I think we're gonna be stuck for at least another year.

Imo he is a waste of time, a cancer, and isn't worth anymore investment.

I honestly would trade him to a team that has the time and a current

qb with the reins, that can take the time to get Johnny Broadway Flop

to grow up and straighten up.

The Browns don't have time. Include JF in a trade, if anyone would bother..?

Shaw and Hoyer may have limitations to their game, but JF currently has zero

upside going for him. As in, the perceived possible good is dramatically outweighed

by the actual bad.

I honestly would trade him to a team that has the time and a current

qb with the reins, that can take the time to get Johnny Broadway Flop

to grow up and straighten up.

The Browns don't have time. Include JF in a trade, if anyone would bother..?

Shaw and Hoyer may have limitations to their game, but JF currently has zero

upside going for him. As in, the perceived possible good is dramatically outweighed

by the actual bad.

The problem would be finding any team that would be willing to trade anything for him.

I could be wrong, but I feel like all these media statements about the QB may not be in the building etc are to keep lighting a fire under Manziel's ass. Don't get me wrong, I'm 200% for what they are saying here. This may just be my eternal optimism, but maybe Manziel got kicked in the pants enough to realize it's time to get serious. I do honestly think he's got the talent to be an NFL QB, but not with the attitude he's got now. Who knows for sure though but I am damn glad they aren't coddling him anymore.

Another way to look at it is exactly what was said-he's got a very narrow window before his fame will be absolutely gone if he doesn't change things. Winston will be the media boy come draft day and if he sucks it up next year no one will care anymore.

I agree about his talent & glad the Browns are taking a hard line with him. I am no trained Professional, so I'll not "diagnose" him as many have done. I trust Farmer, et al, to get the whole story & whatever they do...keep him, trade him, cut him...They'll make the decision but a big part will be what Johnny puts into it. Too bad that last season's offensive staff apparently didn't track his progress or lack of it. Had they done that, we would know more now than we do.

Let's just see what happens.

Mike

...and now, all of a sudden, team mates and "inside sources" talking details about Johnny.....hmmmm...

The reports of teammates not playing for him are the most serious and should carry the most impact. Hopefully some are on record and reaching out to/ getting in JM's ear (if not face).

how about looking into the front office,seems no one knows about talent evaluation . no one was doing their homework when they drafted Johnny Fuckstain.

Talent is not the question here. It's work ethic and/or maturity.

Mud it was a huge roll of the dice on JFF- the FO thought they could control the circus- they were wrong. Well JFF, go show us you really want to be an NFL quarterback.

Not sure about "the Circus", but the FO definitely thought they could get through to the Ringmaster.

So Phil Savage thinks JM would apply himself and learn a pro Spread offense?

Phil needs to stick to organizing Senior Bowls and FA combines.

;)

And leave the football talk to home security installers, realtors, screen print artists, farmers and saloon singers.

Precisely! :) ... but don't forget retired, High-school "ballers"...

Archived