THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

lol...

and JM's dream is "doing two chicks at once."

I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that shit up...

I would think any starting QB in college could hook that shit up. Division 2 even.

And why didn't he close these deals?:

johnny-football-two-girls-bikinis_origin

johnny-manziel-girls-photos-small.jpg

OK, I can maybe see why he didn't close the last one.

Zombo

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(in case people aren't getting the reference)

Thank you ... I am a huge Office Space fan ... yet was not getting the reference.

Zombo

--This coffee is not working, first Cordale Jones and now this ...

I didn't know the best place to put this, but fun tidbit about the top QB's in the NFL:

"The top 20-rated quarterbacks in the NFL this year played an average of 3.7 seasons of college football and spent an average of 4.2 years on campus (including redshirt seasons). They averaged 36.4 college starts"

"I never liked Manziel as a prospect."

That tainted the article which is another in a long line of self serving I told you so's.

One thing I think he failed to get a real handle on is JF's missing meetings. If I'm the Browns FO I insist to JF that if he wants a future in this organization, then he will be required to attend alcohol education classes. You can do this without calling someone an alcoholic since true ones go right to denial anyway. But you can insist he learn that if alcohol has caused you problems such as oversleeping, failure to set alarms, missing work or rehab. etc., then you have a problem with alcohol. It is much harder to deny it has caused you problems than it is to deny alcoholism. It's a tactic I took often with people in a 30 year counseling career. Best thing is you use no labels such as "addict", "alcoholic" etc. and stick to the facts of what problems it has caused in a person's life.

Alcohol might be a symptom, and could exacerbate the situation but it isn't the cause. JF is mentally weak, with little impulse control. That's not the makeup of an NFL quarterback.

I didn't know the best place to put this, but fun tidbit about the top QB's in the NFL:

"The top 20-rated quarterbacks in the NFL this year played an average of 3.7 seasons of college football and spent an average of 4.2 years on campus (including redshirt seasons). They averaged 36.4 college starts"

And an interesting tidbit it be, but that's all it is.

Always makes me wonder when an odd split is made as in this case. Why 20? 16 is half. Top ten is a cliché. Twenty makes me think "drew the line after seeing the data".

Would be even more interesting if data was compiled for all starters and for each quartile.

Alcohol might be a symptom, and could exacerbate the situation but it isn't the cause. JF is mentally weak, with little impulse control. That's not the makeup of an NFL quarterback.

I find it hard to believe that a QB who won the Heisman Trophy is 'mentally weak'. I think he is just used to being a star and didn't put out the effort. Lazy.

Johnny Manziel is a cancer to our beloved Cleveland Browns

Look at how the punk acts off the field and on the field. He is no good!
He got his ass handed to him in his first start, unlike Shaw who was OK in his debut. And he was an UDFA on the practice squad!
Manziel's lack of football IQ, development, and off-the-field antics are no good for our team. He hasn't proven dick in the NFL this year except for the fact that he can throw a party. BIG WHOOP!

Even though I wasnt necessarily a Hoyer fan the past couple of weeks, he is the guy the Browns need to resign and give another chance. HE HAS EARNED IT! Regardless of how he performed the past few weeks, he has the determination and resilience that a coach wants in a QB. Not saying he is the long term solution. But I feel if given another shot and given another year to progress with the WRs I think he will be better than this year. I dont think that guy is on our team yet. Look for Cle to pick a QB up in the later rounds of the draft. Someone with size, arm strength, and is a student of the game. Not a goddamn reckless fool.

We will probably go 8-8 next year if Farmer pulls out a ridiculous draft and signs some quality FAs and gets rid of Glamziel.

But if Johnny 3 and Out starts.... its going to be a looooooong year.

Thanks for contribution. We all know (including myself) what a colossal let down Manziel has been. Did it require a 10,000th thread on the issue?

I like Brian Hoyer but he played himself to the bench with those performances at the end of the year, particularly Buffalo and Indy. Hoyer lost the job himself regardless if Manziel was the guy or not. You can't constantly overthrow wide open receivers all year long and expect to keep starting. The Browns are in complete limbo with the QB position and while Johnny Manziel most likely isn't the answer resigning Brian Hoyer isn't the answer either.

My proposal is to trade for a guy like Ryan Nassib or Brock Osweiller to come in and compete with Manziel while we spend our draft picks on OL, DL, WR, LB's

yeah. both episodes of as the qbs churn on the cleveland browns network sucked.

hoyer seemed good at the beginning of the year.........and fell apart at the end. don't know what it was that made him go back to backup status almost overnight. maybe he felt the team falling apart with all the injuries and put the stress on his shoulders? maybe it was looking in the mirror at a guy on the bench who he knew was going to see the field no matter what he did?

i don't know but i wouldn't mind seeing them both gone and to keep shaw in development and trade for a guy like foles, maybe even draft a qb in the later rounds just to see if farmer can find a sleeper.

I do believe the JM hoopla really fucked with Hoyer's confidence.
Getting him off the team would do wonders for Hoyer. So would having a healthy OL for a year and more playmakers surrounding him..

Something needs to be done. But if the reports are true that Shanny left because he felt Manziel wasnt ready than it appears that Farmer is all in on Manziel being our "guy" and that would be a HUGE MISTAKE if my suspicions are true.

i don't think farmer has loyalty to anyone on this team. i think he made that clear after the last manziel off-the-field problem which was the party he threw and showing up late. i kinda thought haslam felt the same way but expected the axe to come down days later on one or two of these guys.......

who knows what will happen but i do believe that if the phone rang or if farmer were to make some calls and package a deal with one or two of gordon or manziel someone might be listening.

haslam needs to let his hires do their jobs.

And an interesting tidbit it be, but that's all it is.

Always makes me wonder when an odd split is made as in this case. Why 20? 16 is half. Top ten is a cliché. Twenty makes me think "drew the line after seeing the data".

Would be even more interesting if data was compiled for all starters and for each quartile.

Nah- our old Master of Spin Shep used to quote that plenty. Of course, he's ignoring it now that we have 2 year wonder Johnny on board. Thinks because Shanny is gone, we're magically now "all in" on Manziel. Don't think so.

His list of busts he was pimping is legendary. Quinn- Lienart- Harrington- Clausen.

How well could Hoyer have played were he not looking back over his shoulder? We'll never know.

What we do know, at least those of us in touch with reality, is that, yes, Hoyer lost his starting job.

Hoyer LOST the job? No shit?

Yeah? Who did he lose it to? Just who was it that beat him out? The QB competition happened at the BEGINNING of the season. Hoyer won. He proved he was THE BETTER QB. OS even if was in a slump and playing like shit? HE STILL WON THE POSITION.

Hoyer was not the same player that won a close contest in Pre-season. Close because neither contending QB distinguished himself. Hoyer got the nod because he was the vet. To his credit he then solidified his starting role with efficient if unspectacular QB play.

Pet said all year long that players earn starts during the week, but that there was extra patience when it came to QB. Hoyer played badly enough, long enough to exhaust that patience. What he did not count on was how truly overwhelmed JM would be.

The way Shaw outplayed Johnny Broadway Flop, I'm all for

dropping him. Even if he DOES go to rehab, etc etc etc etc....

he's still a munchkin, and he cares.... unless he can/has to...go party.

As in, -needs- to drink, I think. And really, I'd take a serious look at Grayson

in the second round.... The Browns don't have time to fart around with a kid

that may get it next year....or never....

Johnny Manziel is a cancer to our beloved Cleveland Browns

Look at how the punk acts off the field and on the field. He is no good!

He got his ass handed to him in his first start, unlike Shaw who was OK in his debut. And he was an UDFA on the practice squad!

Manziel's lack of football IQ, development, and off-the-field antics are no good for our team. He hasn't proven dick in the NFL this year except for the fact that he can throw a party. BIG WHOOP!

Even though I wasnt necessarily a Hoyer fan the past couple of weeks, he is the guy the Browns need to resign and give another chance. HE HAS EARNED IT! Regardless of how he performed the past few weeks, he has the determination and resilience that a coach wants in a QB. Not saying he is the long term solution. But I feel if given another shot and given another year to progress with the WRs I think he will be better than this year. I dont think that guy is on our team yet. Look for Cle to pick a QB up in the later rounds of the draft. Someone with size, arm strength, and is a student of the game. Not a goddamn reckless fool.

We will probably go 8-8 next year if Farmer pulls out a ridiculous draft and signs some quality FAs and gets rid of Glamziel.

But if Johnny 3 and Out starts.... its going to be a looooooong year.

if i was hoyer i'd tell haslam and the whole org to go pound sand after what they pulled on him......lil chonnie feeble wants to play for the texans not this shit ass organization. let him go screw up elsewhere...as far as gordon goes, he'll probably be on skid row 20 yrs from now with a friggin bong attached to his mouth......

Hoyer LOST the job? No shit?

Yeah? Who did he lose it to? Just who was it that beat him out? The QB competition happened at the BEGINNING of the season. Hoyer won. He proved he was THE BETTER QB. OS even if was in a slump and playing like shit? HE STILL WON THE POSITION.

He didn't LOSE a fucking thing. He got the damned team into playoff contention........... and then he gets pulled? Oh fucking yeah............ pull the mother fucker,,,, bu all means pull his ass because WE ARE SUCH A GOOD FUCKING team that we simply cannot tolerate a 3 game QB slump. YESSSSSSS........... this team is such a buzzsaw that we need to pull EVERYONE who doesn't get us to the superbowl.............

How dare Hoyer betray his starting position by beating a bunch of playoff caliber teams? How dare he lose to Andrew Luck by ONE FUCKING POINT...... Doesn't Hoyer realize how fantastic this team was? Didn't he realize that we were keeping a really good rookie on the bench............for him?

Idiot team. The guy won the fucking competition.............. the team was his to lead. He won the fucking job and should have been kept in the job for the entire season.

Agreed... entitled Brown's fans acting like we were in this position before. 7-5 AGAIN and it's falling apart. So used to talented qbs that one playing bad for 4-5 game stretches has never happened especially to Cleveland. Hell I woulda benched my 7-6 starter too he lost 2 in a row for God sakes. Browns are much smarter than 31 other teams. That's y no one else woulda pulled that panic button shit. I still feel bad for snickers and Nike JF is ur poster boy now.

Ya'll just wait. JFF gonna wreck this league.

One team at a time, one down 31 to go

Archived