THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Slurps and excuses. Doesn't your throat ever get sore from all the pole smoking?

>>>not really, I have a very strong throat.<<<<<<

He's CONTINUALLY late. Practices. Games. Rehab. It IS a big deal outside the realm of fanboy apologists. The only fucking idiot on the board is you dude, the #1 Half Pint fanboy. Even the Texas fags are admitting he is a fuck up loser. You're the last person on earth shrugging it all off pretending like it isn't an issue. THINK about that for awhile. If you even know how.

>>>yup I just thought about it and nope it isn't an issue. Did you have a real one? No? Thank you then.<<<<

WSS

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve does make an excellent point, though

"I've never met you and have no reason to think you're a bad guy in person. But on the board, junkyard, you are a true moron.
WSS"

Just trying to get a growl out of Westside Steve, but he must have a gig.

Sorry if I sprang your trap...

In his mind, he worked really hard this season.

The obvious issue with Johnny is his superiority complex.

Couple of slightly new takes that are related and have more than a little validity, IMO.

To be clear, the sale of NFL merchandise is a shared revenue. The proceeds from the sales go to the league and then distributed equally between the teams. The Browns get money from the sales of Cowboy gear as well. The only money he/the Browns would get directly from Browns gear sales would be those sold out of the team shop, then they would get the retailers cut.

Close, but not quite accurate. One team is not involved in merchandise revenue sharing.

"The NFL... merchandise revenues, with the exception of the Cowboys — Dallas keeps revenues generated from merchandise sales and does not receive any from the other 31 teams."

i don't know. being fans of the same team should not bring out the venom... although as mentioned sometimes that's the glue that holds this whole thing together.

that being said, if i had a pinch of steve's talent in my pinky toe i might just make it, anywhere.

Debate?????

Resolved: Junkyard Dawg got his moniker from the fact that he and his namesake have similar IQ's.

Yes he should have been on time for rehab. He was late. Big deal.

Next?

WSS

You think this dude has been training and rehabbing in Miami and Houston?

Unless he had 2 rehab sessions for an (alleged) injury that ended his season.

You think this dude has been training and rehabbing in Miami and Houston?

Unless he had 2 rehab sessions for an (alleged) injury that ended his season.

I haven't got the slightest idea. One would assume the rehab sessions were prescribed by the team or the league and if he were late or not shown up someone here would be apopletic.

WSS

Im gonna take a moratorium on Johnny and his antics.....hell, he may not even be here next season, so why waste my energy worrying about him or his work habits?

Sounds reasonable... but requires more self-discipline than I have...

... and I have orders of magnitude more than JM.

steve's holding onto this discourse like a weathered old decaying dean martin was to a martini glass.

Dean mostly used a Double Rocks glass... and it's usual content was Apple Juice.

For whatever reason he's decided to back himself into a corner and clutch to his view for dear life instead of just saying "you guys are right, Johnny is a fucking moron who did it to himself." I don't understand it, but if that's what he wants to do.

Steve's no more in a corner than you are... actually less due to your early, epithet laced rants, which left him the high ground. After your rants subsided you went hyperbolic in trying to drive home your case, e.g., "always late". It did not improve your position.

Steve has a hope that JM will "get it" that neither you nor I have. That is all. No reason to personally attack him. Doing so only makes me wish you were not on "my side".

tldr

Premature ejaculators, opps i mean evaluators.

I agree, the sample size is small.

"I never liked Manziel as a prospect."

That tainted the article which is another in a long line of self serving I told you so's.

One thing I think he failed to get a real handle on is JF's missing meetings. If I'm the Browns FO I insist to JF that if he wants a future in this organization, then he will be required to attend alcohol education classes. You can do this without calling someone an alcoholic since true ones go right to denial anyway. But you can insist he learn that if alcohol has caused you problems such as oversleeping, failure to set alarms, missing work or rehab. etc., then you have a problem with alcohol. It is much harder to deny it has caused you problems than it is to deny alcoholism. It's a tactic I took often with people in a 30 year counseling career. Best thing is you use no labels such as "addict", "alcoholic" etc. and stick to the facts of what problems it has caused in a person's life.

It's getting to the point Manziel is going to have to decide if he wants to be a football player, or a TMZ celebrity. Because if he keeps up the partying he's going to be a down in the dumpster Brittany Spears type of celebrity.

Who knows. The Johnny train may not have derailed, but it is wobbling for sure.

Guess we will find out by the end of August at the earliest, end of Oct. at the latest.

I disagree 'Peen. We will know by April 30th (NFL draft) how much Manziel is committed to being a starting NFL qb. Farmer put him on notice. "Talk is cheap". You going to the voluntary workouts, getting with a qb guru (btw, your last one didn't help you much)- or keep showing up in Nightclubs (courtesy of TMZ tracking you) every other day? If it's the latter, why should the Browns commit to you- if you're not 100% committed to getting better- and the Bengals game showed there's plenty of room for improvement.

really.

i mean if i were the embarrassment of a franchise (if not the league) and i was serious about turning myself around and becoming a legit nfl QB i think i'd be in the first QB camp there was, i'd be with my QB guru the day after i cleaned out my locker and i'd be doing a 'rocky' for the 6 months leading up to training camp.

but no. let's go out to a club where everyone will recognize me and my face will be splattered all over the internet even though i know i'm skating on thin ice with the team that drafted me.

i'm betting this is going to be the ongoing theme throughout the offseason as manziel thinks he has the tools already and doesn't have to work for it OR he just doesn't give a shit. or both.

or maybe his end game is he wants out of Cleveland.

If it's arrogance, or not caring- the Browns have to have a plan "B" if that's the case, by bringing in an experience vet, or drafting yet another qb- yup, even in the first round if they have to. As I said above, they'll know all they need to know about Johnny's commitment (or lack of) well before the draft.

I've seen that suggested elsewhere Mik about Manziel wanting out- but MHO it would be pretty irrational behavior, deliberately sabotaging his "brand". I have to think Le Bron would have seen enough of his antics to tell him to get his act together.

Manziel going to be working that poontang all off season.

you are the best my friend. hardcore 'til the end.

Manziel is an alcoholic? Please, don't insult alcoholics.

and to add a zinger at the end of the night......HA!

I agree, the sample size is small.

It's getting to the point Manziel is going to have to decide if he wants to be a football player, or a TMZ celebrity. Because if he keeps up the partying he's going to be a down in the dumpster Brittany Spears type of celebrity.

I disagree 'Peen. We will know by April 30th (NFL draft) how much Manziel is committed to being a starting NFL qb. Farmer put him on notice. "Talk is cheap". You going to the voluntary workouts, getting with a qb guru (btw, your last one didn't help you much)- or keep showing up in Nightclubs (courtesy of TMZ tracking you) every other day? If it's the latter, why should the Browns commit to you- if you're not 100% committed to getting better- and the Bengals game showed there's plenty of room for improvement.

If it's arrogance, or not caring- the Browns have to have a plan "B" if that's the case, by bringing in an experience vet, or drafting yet another qb- yup, even in the first round if they have to. As I said above, they'll know all they need to know about Johnny's commitment (or lack of) well before the draft.

I've seen that suggested elsewhere Mik about Manziel wanting out- but MHO it would be pretty irrational behavior, deliberately sabotaging his "brand". I have to think Le Bron would have seen enough of his antics to tell him to get his act together.

hoorta, the midnite manager with the voice of reason once again...

don't know what johnny wants, but i'm pretty sure he's use to getting his way.

see? something like this from our supposed future 'franchise'..

yeah. GTFO.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/6/7505859/colin-kaepernick-kurt-warner-2015-offseason-workout-exos

any reports of where manziel will be training besides hooters?

suck on that you manziel lovers.

He has already stated he will be working out with George Whitfield again in the off season.

I have to think Le Bron would have seen enough of his antics to tell him to get his act together.

Yeah... where is James in all of this?

Archived