THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe this might do it.

i know the season is over but THIS is funny. guess his popularity is running a little low nowadays........even in texas.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/01/05/johnny-manziel-drinks-thrown-at-qb-at-houston-nightclub

tmz sports. lol.

Really? I mean really?

Really? I mean really?

really.

i mean if i were the embarrassment of a franchise (if not the league) and i was serious about turning myself around and becoming a legit nfl QB i think i'd be in the first QB camp there was, i'd be with my QB guru the day after i cleaned out my locker and i'd be doing a 'rocky' for the 6 months leading up to training camp.

but no. let's go out to a club where everyone will recognize me and my face will be splattered all over the internet even though i know i'm skating on thin ice with the team that drafted me.

i'm betting this is going to be the ongoing theme throughout the offseason as manziel thinks he has the tools already and doesn't have to work for it OR he just doesn't give a shit. or both.

or maybe his end game is he wants out of cleveland.

i don't think its Cleveland. its him

but with this type of behavior, i think there is a plan. out of all his other shortcomings (hee hee) being stupid is not one.

he could be shoving this in ownership's face in order for him to get traded or cut, hoping that one of the texas teams will bite. therefore getting him home and into an even bigger media circus where his brand will only grow.

his stock is only going to continue to drop in cleveland if he doesn't turn it around....and fast. and by all accounts he just doesn't give a fuck.

Nope, just laying back. You haven't been ridiculous.

I'll have some more thoughts tomorrow but basically he looks terrible against Cincinnati. I think anyone who cares to be fair they would admit the entire team really did look horrible.

Brian Hoyer looked just as bad the game before when our defense shut down Andrew Luck and gave him two touchdowns.

WSS

Nope, just laying back. You haven't been ridiculous.

I'll have some more thoughts tomorrow but basically he looks terrible against Cincinnati. I think anyone who cares to be fair they would admit the entire team really did look horrible.

Brian Hoyer looked just as bad the game before when our defense shut down Andrew Luck and gave him two touchdowns.

WSS

at this point it's got nothing to do with the past season or what brian hoyer did. it's about what manziel continues to do. and when it comes to training and going to the next level to become a nfl qb he is doing nothing.

In his mind, he worked really hard this season. He had to show up to an actual job every day on time, and he couldn't even handle that much. He 100% believes he earned his vacay and is going to enjoy every second of it.

This incident is much ado about nothing, but when you compound it with everything else he has done and said, its going to be blown out of proportion. Sooner or later this kind of thing is going to turn into something ugly. Whether it's his direct doing or just because hes an easy target now. His level of play is not worth all the headache that comes with him. Course, I knew this back in May.

Manziel doesn't want to be here and Pettine doesn't want him here.

Farmer has a huge mark against him drafting him (as it stands) and Gilbert first round. It could have been Beckham and Bridgewater for god sake.

Haslam sold his shirts so I guess he's happy enough.

To be clear, the sale of NFL merchandise is a shared revenue. The proceeds from the sales go to the league and then distributed equally between the teams. The Browns get money from the sales of Cowboy gear as well. The only money he/the Browns would get directly from Browns gear sales would be those sold out of the team shop, then they would get the retailers cut.

To be clear, the sale of NFL merchandise is a shared revenue. The proceeds from the sales go to the league and then distributed equally between the teams. The Browns get money from the sales of Cowboy gear as well. The only money he/the Browns would get directly from Browns gear sales would be those sold out of the team shop, then they would get the retailers cut.

In that case all should buy their JF stuff through the Browns shop now because it appears it will quickly become a collectors' item with his impending demise in the NFL. Set aside your hate for a little long term profit. You (and the Browns) may as well get something out of this wasted 1st rounder. :lol:

I'm trying to not make snap decisions and say give him time through TC and see if he improves (vastly). But if they hold onto him and don't draft another QB, and he ends up not winning the starting job next year and we roll with a newly signed veteran QB to start, I'm gonna be irritated to say the least.

Honestly guy I think I've made my position pretty clear. If that means you hate me for it tough shit. But until somebody has got a better argument then one of the top 3:

1 hahaha you want to suck his dick.

2 hahaha Johnny [insert expletive here]

Or

3 Spurious News reports that make Mary Kay Cabot sound like Edward R Murrow

What's the difference?

Just one example that made me laugh. 2 days ago on Facebook there is an outrage post with photographs of Johnny in Miami. Apparently he was shirtless and drinking champagne out of a bottle and kissing his girlfriend!

The dipshit that posted it was positively rabid. Kids everybody drinks out of the champagne bottle on New Years fucking Eve.

And everybody except us fat boys go shirtless in fucking Florida.

As for kissing his girlfriend in public... Call me when he sodomizes her in public. Not that that has anything to do with football but it would be more fun to watch.

WSS

I think he's an alcoholic - it isn't that he drank champagne, it's his constant

partying, traveling to party, drinking, drinking, drinking, getting into trouble,

missing appts, playing like a dope (see how terrific Shaw played as a rookie

on HIS first chance to play?)...

and Johnny slobbering drunk, again and again, says he will change, then

he says he won't change for anybody, then he says he's a different guy now,

but he keeps doing the same things over and over...

he's a smart kid, smart enough to say the right things to enable his continued behavior, ...

but he has at least one very serious problem, imho, and he's

doomed to never get his act together until he goes to rehab - that's my opinion.

It's just that he talks, then betrays what he said. That's indicative of a problem he hasn't admitted to,

methinks.

Someone posted of some of the old time NFL players who partied hard but the difference I see with them and Manziel is their partying didn't carry over into their play on the field. They went out and produced on the field and that is the difference with them and JM. There is an old saying about working hard and playing hard and JM is skipping the working hard part and going right to the playing hard. I am not interested in Manziel's private life (that is his business) except that it seems to affect his poor play in the NFL.

Slurp slurp slurp and excuse, excuse after motherfucking excuse. Pathetic.

People have a right to be outraged. It's been every fucking week since being drafted there are reports of the Half Pint loser partying, photos tossed up on Twitter of suggested drug use as well as partying, bragging about it, refusing a change ect. You, Stevie, apparently want to keep rationalizing it as on off events. It's ALL. THE. TIME. It isn't one time things. Frodo drinking a bitch drink and kissing on his Beard for the cameras needs to be put into context. He's a fucking alcoholic drug addict that can't STOP getting drunk. The fucking loser has one foot outa the NFL already and STILL can't stop being a drunk fuck up. Even ESPN who love his kind of "Athlete" are calling him out and calling him a drunk loser. The only ones rationalizing are his fanboys. Period.

His job is to bust his ass, and Farmer/Haslam have made threats to move on but are willing to give another 2nd chance. Meanwhile.... Yeah. See, the difference between Frodo and success? The successful QB's and players in the NFL that overcame diversity busted their asses. RIGHT NOW. They WEREN'T about partying nonstop, they were in the fucking Gym and studying. FACT. Ask Tom Brady. Ask Aaron Rodgers. Ask Carson Palmer. THAT is the difference between success and Frodo. Go ahead though, keep rationalizing his alcoholism and drug use, just as you no doubt rationalize your own. I mean that IS why your tongue is rammed up his ass is it not? Because he's just like the typical bar room loser pissing his life away?

Serious question: If you were photographed EVERY TIME you were at a bar/place to drink, what would people say of you? Making claims that someone is an alcoholic because they go out to bars is straight up moronic. I don't disagree with some of what you're saying, but you're lying to yourself if you don't think all the guys you mentioned above don't go out in the off-season and drink some beers.

The obvious issue with Johnny is his superiority complex. He has an attitude of no matter what I do people will love me and that is what needs to stamped out of him in a hurry. It's not the consumption of alcohol, but the choice to do it in a place where you know people are gonna be watching. Being caught on New Years Eve drinking champagne is not something I cry foul over.

There is an old saying about working hard and playing hard and JM is skipping the working hard part and going right to the playing hard. I am not interested in Manziel's private life (that is his business) except that it seems to affect his poor play in the NFL.

This is exactly what it is and there is no argument to be had by anyone. Spot on.

I don't give two shits what this kid does in his off time. But wasn't he supposed to be staying out of the spotlight and rehabbing meticulously?!? He's failing on both accounts.

Kid, you have money and a hot girlfriend. You can afford a bottle of expensive hooch and a quiet night in. Won't kill ya...

Im gonna take a moratorium on Johnny and his antics.....hell, he may not even be here next season, so why waste my energy worrying about him or his work habits?

In truth, Im always someone to give second chances and am willing to see if he comes around.....BUT....he is on my shit list based upon his poor performance and effort to date.....so......

IF he's here next year, I will give him the opportunity to be great. But, until he is, he completely sucks in my book and nothing will change that opinion except a professional effort and quality play.

the point of this all IS you just looked like a total LOSER this past season...correct? can we all agree on that?

so, to rehab everything: your game, your persona and your brand even.....wouldn't you be on a fast bus to the jerry rice school of work out for pro athletes or the jam wow qb fantasy camp?

but instead...naw, i'll just go hang out with some friends, get some beer bottles thrown at me instead of taking every hour of the 6 months that i have to become something i'm not, an nfl qb.

see that's the thing. i think he knows he'll never be an nfl qb so he's just playing his game at this point, which is hang out , get his picture taken and go to training camp and get relegated to sit on the bench again unless the browns are smart and trade his sorry ass.

Debate?????

Resolved: Junkyard Dawg got his moniker from the fact that he and his namesake have similar IQ's.

Yes he should have been on time for rehab. He was late. Big fucking deal.

Next?

WSS

He sucks at qb, hosts parties with teammates night before practice, and is a habitual liar...

Serious question: If you were photographed EVERY TIME you were at a bar/place to drink, what would people say of you? Making claims that someone is an alcoholic because they go out to bars is straight up moronic. I don't disagree with some of what you're saying, but you're lying to yourself if you don't think all the guys you mentioned above don't go out in the off-season and drink some beers.

The obvious issue with Johnny is his superiority complex. He has an attitude of no matter what I do people will love me and that is what needs to stamped out of him in a hurry. It's not the consumption of alcohol, but the choice to do it in a place where you know people are gonna be watching. Being caught on New Years Eve drinking champagne is not something I cry foul over.

Oh c'mon! Are you eff'n serious?>?

The dude said it himself. With his own words.

'It's about being accountable instead of looking like a jackass'

Archived