THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Cant speak for Tour.....and admit Im no longer a Johnny fan.....but definitely not a hater....

I got right on board when he was drafted and then sat on the edge of my seat waiting for something great to happen....

And it hasnt happened....(though, many of my initial concerns HAVE been proven to be true....so far.....)

Im just willing to call a spade a spade, when I see one.....and, to me, Johnny is just that.....still time to prove me wrong though....

I have been the most vocal this week and I'm certainly not a hater, so I am not sure who he is referring too.

I had Johnny pegged as the best prospect in his draft. I didn't want him with our first pick because we were picking too high for his risk at 4 (or 8) for my money, but I had no problem getting him where we did.

Then I saw the first season. Was terrible when he finally played. Was unprepared and unfocused, as he admitted, and the first year was a complete waste. Then he misses a treatment at the end of the year because he's partying, and you just shake your head about him being a franchise QB.

Despite that, I wiped the slate clean and was ready to root him on in 2015. Was encouraged he was owning up to things and was going to rehab. Then I saw his second season. Unable to beat out McCown, and it wasn't close. Played poorly in opener, but then came back the next week to beat the Titans and I was encouraged. And then the distractions start again ... obviously those three months in rehab were wasted, he could have been working on his QB skills, because he was drinking again. Ok ... I can live with the drinking ... let's see what he can do. Then the video, lying about the video, asking people to lie about the video ... sigh. Still not taking on the responsibility of a starting NFL QB. Then he plays, and it's not that good. He gives 100% effort on Sundays. But his footwork is horrible, he doesn't follow his progressions, he's not accurate, he's not disciplined, he's inconsistent, and our offense scored about a TD per game less when he starts. 13 out of 32 last week when we needed a passer down the stretch. I like his effort, but he is so fundamentally off, that either the coaching is not taking, his off-the-field work is not enough, or he simply lacks key NFL skills.

Those are NOT good signs at the end of year two.

So I am in favor of bringing in another prospect and seeing what we can get for Johnny. I wish the best for him, but I think he is done in Cleveland. It just didn't happen. In my mind he has not been dedicated enough to the Cleveland Browns. That's my opinion. I don't hate Johnny. I like him. I love to party too. I like that he gives his all on Sunday.

But I've determined he's not good enough for the Browns. Maybe I'm wrong. But it doesn't make me a hater. It makes me a guy with an opinion ... Who wants the best for the Browns.

Zombo

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this seem fishy to anyone else?

After his latest (albeit harmless) party video? That's what i was thinking too. As much as I don't like John the person, this video is a non-story to me, but I can see Pet thinking otherwise.

Yes! He has a concussion just in time so Pettine doesn't have to bench him again for his latest video. This way they avoid more controversy on a 3 win team going backwards.

Pettine already cleared him on the video. Said he was at home on a day off. But that he would talk to him re the judgment of posting it.

Took some hard hits on Sunday, especially the sideline one.

Z

But on the field and in practice/preparation all his teammates and coaches are pleased with the changes and leadership in the huddle.

Ag,

That is strictly a comparative statement to the 2014 JM you want Mud revise as they are "the initial things he brought last year".

You can't have it both ways.

Any slight differences between your quarterbacks shouldn't make that much difference.

Problem is that the differences are not "slight" when JM is in the mix.

I didn't say the the defense didn't need more help, and I didn't say McCown was the answer.

I said we need another prospect at QB with a higher ceiling than Manziel.

As far as when to take a franchise QB, you try and find one when you don't have one.

I'm of the opinion that we don't have one.

Zombo

Well then, we agree about taking a quarterback next year Z. Plenty of talking heads with more football smarts than me agree with you that Johnny's ceiling isn't high enough to get it done. The question is when do the Browns pull the trigger on a qb.

You ought to know- I'm (and a bunch of other guys on this forum) are running out of "wait till next year(s)" fast. Drafting Lynch or Goff means another year or two in the dumpster ala the Jags or Titans. The fanbase is getting restless my man- VERY restless.

I'll go out on a limb and say the Browns are going to draft second. Let's posit for a moment the best of the 2016 quarterback draft class is Tannehill good. That's not good enough in my book to blow yet another first round pick on marginal talent- that may not even turn out any better than- gasp- Johnny Football ! The grass is always greener Z, and the next great thing may not turn out to be all that.

Browns' Manziel diagnosed with concussion; unlikely to play Sunday vs. Steelers

Dec 30 2015, 3:57 PMJoe Thomson

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has been diagnosed with a concussion and is not expected to play against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

I find it funny how so many of you are ready to kick JM to the curb when so many of you were still sucking Brady Quinn off even after he was no longer a Brown, So fucking what if he likes to party, How many starts did JM have? Let him start a full season with a couple big wideouts then you can run the mouth and even then it don't matter what we think or say.

I find it funny how so many of you are ready to kick JM to the curb when so many of you were still sucking Brady Quinn off even after he was no longer a Brown, So fucking what if he likes to party, How many starts did JM have? Let him start a full season with a couple big wideouts then you can run the mouth and even then it don't matter what we think or say.

johnny's gone....hello jerry world.....

After his latest (albeit harmless) party video? That's what i was thinking too. As much as I don't like John the person, this video is a non-story to me, but I can see Pet thinking otherwise.

no shit. this is like a father and rebellious son going at it...father says don't do this, but the son says fuck you , ize doin what i want to do....regardless of what you say.....dees eeez not going to work out folks...one or the other are gone, you can count on it....

Archived