THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Seriously how many years do we have to go three qbs deep?

This year we did it with a twist.

started McCown, hurt 1st game

Quickly to Manziel

Back to Mccown when healthy

Back to Manziel when Josh hurt again.

Manziel named starter when season is lost.

Manziel fails the bye week.

Mccown starts again, injured again

Austin Davis starts

Manziel out of doghouse, starts again.

Davis starts finale when Johnny gets concussion out of nowhere.

That is 8 QB changes in 16 games folks.

Something tells me we will see Pryor too.

Zombo

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not be surprised if Davis plays really well against Pittsburgh. Only thingto worry about is miscommunication with wr like at Baltimore. But with the Offensive line and Running game playing at the best it has all year this could be an excellent chance to see the comparison between John and Austin.

Actually Westside, you both made good points; but, I think mud is saying we would not have had to use another offense if we had 3 similar QBs and the Cinn game would not have been so bad. At least that is how I read it; I could be wrong.

I didn't think they had to. Kyle Shanahan thought they had to. And I think it was a miscalculation.

WSS

I think Flip is pretty good, actually.

Zombo

I'm glad someone else has noticed this. there are still a few times where you smack your forehead and say what the hell was that, but I'll take his rookie year over Manziel rookie and sophomore year every time.

But you do?

Zombo

Hahahahhahahaha. And hasn't even looked at this thread since. Right now Zombo is backpeddling down the court posing the broken goose neck because he just drained it.

Manziel the reason the defense and running game have been 1000x better as of late?

facepalm-captain.png

He has "shown flashes" running around and escaping pressure in the pocket. But I haven't seen any flashes when it comes to making the reads, being accurate, etc.

The guy will have the cleanest pocket in the world, then instead of stepping up and making the throw like other quarterbacks he opens his body up and throws it off the back foot 3 YDs behind the receiver.

And he continues to just chuck the ball up for grabs at midfield to avoid taking a sack. I could have accepted that mistake a couple times from a rookie - but he isn't a rookie and he has done it repeatedly.

I'm sick of hearing this bullshit too. They have been piggybacking off of last years running scheme with no success. since flip made the adjustments the rushing attack run blocking and even pass blocking has been better. more of a testament to flip than to Manziel.

You are back to my first excuse buffer in my first post.

We are right around 13 points per game when Manziel starts or has the majority of snaps over the past two years.

Hoyer in 2014 ... 21.3

McCown in 2015 ... 21.8

Johnny ... 13.1

Same team. Same weapons.

And I am even willing to throw 2014 out because Little Johnny forgot to practice n stuff.

But in 2015 ... 21.8 with McCown and 15.3 for Johnny

6.5 points a game.

I know you all want to give him another year, just like those that wanted to give Brady Quinn another year.

Can't you just look at him and see how far away he is and how improbable it is that he'll ever be a trusted franchise QB? I can. I'm not patting myself on the back or anything ... I don't want him to fail, I root for him like he's my son on Sundays. I even started him on playoff fantasy team down the stretch ... I'm just saying ... Can't you see it? He's got major passing issues.

We have. And now, I'm saying ... it's time to try again.

Zombo

And FYI Drew Brees and Russel Wilson will never be at the top of the Draft board for those who like to compare JM to them. You find these guys by accident basically. Like Ghoolie said we need standards. And one of them standards should be never take a qb in the draft that is shorter than 6'3".

Again, Johnny Hater On The Spot, this certainly isn't a fault of Johnny's but when you have a run first, small QB injuries seem a lot more likely. Again it seems like a no brainer to part ways when it doesn't appear that he is the future.

Unlike Josh, the man of glass?

Or Dalton or Hoyer or...

WSS

Unlike Josh, the man of glass?

Or Dalton or Hoyer or...

WSS

I think the Browns organization, and fans, would be very happy with Andy Dalton being the starter week 1 2016. The other 2 seem are just place holders until you find "the guy". Johnny is also a place holder but one with baggage.

I think the Browns organization, and fans, would be very happy with Andy Dalton being the starter week 1 2016. The other 2 seem are just place holders until you find "the guy". Johnny is also a place holder but one with baggage.

Yeah? You think Andy Dalton would be going to the playoffs with this team?

Guess it's a good thing he didn't get shitcanned early in Cincinnati?

Along with the coaching staff and front office.

WSS

Yet Manziel had more wins... played less games in a row. If given a full season he would have done a lot better then mccown. Not saying Manziel is a franchise qb. But comparing him to a career backup that only won 1 game...

yea but the real honest difference is in the Baltimore win and any other game the browns coulda won McCown absolutely carried the team. John needs a lot of help to win. Always will.

yea but the real honest difference is in the Baltimore win and any other game the browns coulda won McCown absolutely carried the team. John needs a lot of help to win. Always will.

You mean a guy 4 starts into his career was less adept at reading defenses than a guy who's been playing since 1942?

You mean a guy 4 starts into his career was less adept at reading defenses than a guy who's been playing since 1942?

maybe we going about it all wrong. He couldn't beat out "backup" Hoyer. Couldn't beat out much older "backup" McCown. Maybe it's time to bring in Hasselbeck? Maybe just then Manzeil would be best option to win.

maybe we going about it all wrong. He couldn't beat out "backup" Hoyer. Couldn't beat out much older "backup" McCown. Maybe it's time to bring in Hasselbeck? Maybe just then Manzeil would be best option to win.

You mean a rookie with 0 starts couldn't bear out a guy with 6 years experience? Then a guy with 2 and a half starts couldn't beat out a guy with a million years experience?

Surely a guy with 6 starts can beat out a guy with a million years experience AND a super bowl appearance.

Yeah? You think Andy Dalton would be going to the playoffs with this team?

Guess it's a good thing he didn't get shitcanned early in Cincinnati?

Along with the coaching staff and front office.

WSS

The simple point being made is small running QBs have prove susceptible to injury. Which is just another check in the "cut ties" column for Johnny Manziel.

You mean a rookie with 0 starts couldn't bear out a guy with 6 years experience? Then a guy with 2 and a half starts couldn't beat out a guy with a million years experience?

Surely a guy with 6 starts can beat out a guy with a million years experience AND a super bowl appearance.

Blake Bortles beat out Chad Henne.

Teddy Twatwater beat out Matt Cassell

Derek Carr beat out Matt Schaub

You mean a first round pick couldn't beat out EITHER Brian Hoyer (Career backup with 3 wins) OR Josh McCown (Career backup coming off 1-10 season)?

Zombo

Browns' Manziel diagnosed with concussion; unlikely to play Sunday vs. Steelers

Dec 30 2015, 3:57 PMJoe Thomson

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has been diagnosed with a concussion and is not expected to play against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

good time for him to go out and take somemore selfies of himself and piss pettine off.....this is hilarious...best comedy show i have seen since i don't know when...hee hee heeeeeee. Only in cleeeeeeeevelin...

Archived