THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one cuz he was in GT's offense, lol. Though he still produced.

The "Mike Evans made JF" thing is pretty much tongue in cheek. But if you watch some highlight/film on JF, you see Evans coming down with great catches in coverage that JF just threw up for grabs. He helped make him look better.

Paul Johnson didn't introduce the triple option at GT until 2008, Megatron was drafted in 2007. GT has still produced a few WR prospects with the triple option though in Demarius (sp) Thomas and Stephan Hill. You need a big, fast (aka prototype) WR when you do decide to toss the ball down field.

Pretty sure the point here was that if Mike Evans can make Johnny Football look as good as he does, Gordon can make him look just as good, if not better.

I'm not worried about "Mike Evans made JF" when we have guys like Gordon and Cameron on the roster. I'm more worried about whether or not JF can dial back the scrambling and trying to fight for extra yards while still keeping the intensity and leadership on the field.

No that's not the major question about JF. NFL defenses are great at taking away what you do best. Example: when the defenses took away Derek Anderson's ability to beat them deep, he was toast. You can bet serious money teams will set up outside contain to keep Johnny Scramble in the pocket, to see if he he can go through his progressions and beat them that way. Although the point has already been made- JF won't be able to get away with chucking the ball up into triple coverage jump ball situations in the big boy league- those Evans miracles will nine times out of ten be interceptions in the NFL.

Yes, and there is a list of QBs that sat originally and then played very well. There is also a list of QBs that started immediately and failed.

I don't believe the best QB on the roster come week one will be the rookie. I also think you risk messing the guy up if you start him too soon.

Yup, Couch & Carr were ruined when the team wasn't ready.

Paul Johnson didn't introduce the triple option at GT until 2008, Megatron was drafted in 2007. GT has still produced a few WR prospects with the triple option though in Demarius (sp) Thomas and Stephan Hill. You need a big, fast (aka prototype) WR when you do decide to toss the ball down field.

Yeah, there have been some WRs that came from the triple option.

I'm not saying all great WRs are made by QBs or all good QBs are made by WRs or anything. I just think JF really benefitted from Mike Evans to the point it detracts from JF some.

If M. Vick could be contain in the NFL, JF will certainly be too.

The odds are stacked against JF like it or not. He's not NFL ready like A. Luck and being drafted at 4 would require him to START right away.

Why do we have to draft a QB THIS Year? The notion that we must have a complete team AFTER this draft is pure bullchit. A superbowl team take time to build.

The odds are stacked against JF like it or not. He's not NFL ready like A. Luck and being drafted at 4 would require him to START right away.

Why do we have to draft a QB THIS Year? The notion that we must have a complete team AFTER this draft is pure bullchit. A superbowl team take time to build.

And the Browns Super Bowl competition loaded up- all in. The Broncos and Pats spent like crazy bringing in top FAs. Do we mesure up to those guys yet?

And the Browns Super Bowl competition loaded up- all in. The Broncos and Pats spent like crazy bringing in top FAs. Do we mesure up to those guys yet?

Nope. Not a chance.

But then it brings up the question, if we can get a rookie QB some experience this year and he plays pretty well, wouldn't we be set up great for next year? (Yeah, I know it's Cleveland's motto...)

With Denver and NE being full of older vets now, and with Seattle potentially losing significant impact players due to all of their experiring rookie contracts, 2016 is looking a little better than 2015, right?

Nope. Not a chance.

But then it brings up the question, if we can get a rookie QB some experience this year and he plays pretty well, wouldn't we be set up great for next year? (Yeah, I know it's Cleveland's motto...)

With Denver and NE being full of older vets now, and with Seattle potentially losing significant impact players due to all of their experiring rookie contracts, 2016 is looking a little better than 2015, right?

what happens if we get a rookie QB and get him some experience by playing and he sucks donkey balls? do you then have to draft another rookie QB again next year? do you start him the next year and if he continues to suck donkey balls then have to draft another rookie QB in 2016?

or do you get a rookie QB and let him sit and learn?

the SMART move would be to up the talent at every position where we need to fill holes (which this draft and our picks seem to line up perfectly) and draft some QB next year. but that'd be smart.

fuck george whitfield jr. too. he might as well be an agent that fuckin @#@@%$%@~

I don't understand what amazing talent people see in Johnny Douchebag. What have you seen on the field that is just so much better than other QBs?/

Yeah, he runs around and buys time. Yeah, he has "moxy" (he's an arrogant prick). What else exactly?

Mike Evans made JF

How about the way he motivates and leads his teammates during adversity?

How about when Evans loses his cool on the regular, Johnny grabs him by the facemask, puts him in his place, gives him some wise words, and they then make a huge play

How about him having the highest completion percentage FROM THE POCKET of all the other top QB's

How about his ability to anticipate defenders, bait them, and make them look like idiots on the regular.

How about his ability to run head first into a 245lb linbacker and push him back 5 yds (cant do that in the nfl? im pretty sure the LBs are the same size)

How about him having the highest completion percentage on passes of 40 yds or more?

How about him breaking almost every offensive record known to man?

How about him being a little dude, yet repeatedly taking huge hits and get right back up only to throw rediculous TD passes

How about him obliterating Alabama defenses that have many future NFL starters?

How about him being able to make all the NFL throws?

How about him only being 21 years old and already showing fast improvement in the pocket after only 1 year?

I could go on.. really

That expectation was set after we fired a hometown coach who had shown some promise after only 1 year.

The attitude is win and win now. There is no other option. Haslam mde that very clear with his actions. Its put up or shut up. Everyone is on a one year trial from here on out

That expectation was set after we fired a hometown coach who had shown some promise after only 1 year.

The attitude is win and win now. There is no other option. Haslam mde that very clear with his actions. Its put up or shut up. Everyone is on a one year trial from here on out

And that is an AWFUL way to run a business.

How about the way he motivates and leads his teammates during adversity?

How about when Evans loses his cool on the regu'ar, Johnny grabs him by the facemask, puts him in his place, gives him some wise words, and they then make a huge play

How about him having the highest completion percentage FROM THE POCKET of all the other top QB's

How about his ability to anticipate defenders, bait them, and make them look like idiots on the regular.

How about his ability to run head first into a 245lb linbacker and push him back 5 yds (cant do that in the nfl? im pretty sure the LBs are the same size)

How about him having the highest completion percentage on passes of 40 yds or more?

How about him breaking almost every offense record known to man?

How about him being a little dude, yet repeatedly take huge hits and get right back up only to throw rediculous TD passes

How about him obliterating Alabama defenses that have many futire NFL starters?

How about him being able to make all the NFL throws?

How about him only being 21 years old and already showing fast improvement in the pocket after only 1 year?

I could go on.. really

You make a good argument, I am coming around.

^that means Gipper is coming around : )

I also don't care if their name is Blake Bortles, or Blake Griffin, or Blake Edwards

And I don't care if their name is Derek Carr, or Derek and the Dominoes, or Derek Jeter, or Derek Jacobi, or Derek Anderson (well maybe I do care about that last one....been there, done that)

And I don't care if their name is Teddy Bridegwater, or Teddy Roosevelt, or Teddy Kennedy, or Teddy Williams, or Teddy Nugent, or Teddy Turner, or Ted Koppel, or Ted Ginn, or Ted Kluszewski.

You make a good argument, I am coming around.

A good majority of that crap was fan boi blind love.

Just as one example, the ability to push back linebackers? Lmao....the shrimp is gonna out muscle a man that has 50 lbs on him......please.

Fan boi honks only see what they wanna see.

On a positive note, the does throw a nice left handed pass....

I'm sticking by an earlier statement that if we take Johnny Manziel at #4, it is because Haslam pulls the owner card and does what he has promised all he wouldn't do and that is pull rank over the guys he hired to run the team. I'm sure Farmer does like Manziel, but I don't think he likes him at #4 and I don't even think he is Farmers highest rated QB.

If Manziel was 2 inches taller hed be the unanimous first pick. If Manziel was black he'd be the unanimous first pick. Let that sink in for a second.

maybe the 2 inches taller part. i'd say 3-4 inches and maybe 25 more pounds.

the thought that if he were black he'd be the #1 pick is absurd.

2 days away and people are fucking going crazy.

If Manziel was 2 inches taller hed be the unanimous first pick. If Manziel was black he'd be the unanimous first pick. Let that sink in for a second.

Well....I think if..

Wes welker

Zach Thomas

Jordan Shipley

Chris Borland

Weren't white they'd been taken higher. I don't get that feeling about Manziel. I think his height yes and his style of play do effect people wearyness.

That is a problem I have seen all my life that no one seems to care about, but for Johnny Football, Nah. I'd like to see us take him, just not at #4.

A good majority of that crap was fan boi blind love.

Just as one example, the ability to push back linebackers? Lmao....the shrimp is gonna out muscle a man that has 50 lbs on him......please.

Fan boi honks only see what they wanna see.

On a positive note, the does throw a nice left handed pass....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mjL00RFJ10

He ran over many duke defenders much larger than him.. thanks

Well....I think if..

Wes welker

Zach Thomas

Jordan Shipley

Chris Borland

Weren't white they'd been taken higher. I don't get that feeling about Manziel. I think his height yes and his style of play do effect people wearyness.

That is a problem I have seen all my life that no one seems to care about, but for Johnny Football, Nah. I'd like to see us take him, just not at #4.

Shipley sucks that's why he didn't go higher.

Archived