THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

As long as they take Bortles (1b), Bridgewater (2) or Manziel (1a), I'll be happy.

ABM- anyone but Manziel.

I think so, but anything can happen on Thursday.

If they take JF, I'm going to be in as big a funk as when Byner fumbled in the AFC Championship game. I'm not kidding.

Oh, if we do draft him, I'll support the little twerp- but I'll go on record right now- I have a bad, bad, BAD feeling feeling about him on the Browns. Now if he fell to #26, that's a different story. Means we took a top impact player @ #4.

BdmaGpgCEAA5i32.jpg

BTW, here's your "face of the Franchise" straight from his Twitter page.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He ran over many duke defenders much larger than him.. thanks

exhibit #1 of the failure of a fan trying to scout.

Making such declarative statements about a prospect based on one game....against.....let's say guys that will not make it in the league. How'd he look against mizz and LSU? Hey, he beat rice though....lol

You're welcome.

Rest easy son- at least if you want to believe Pettine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347201/article/mike-pettine-haslam-wont-mess-with-browns-draft

But he's not 2" taller, white or black has nothing to do with it either. If he was 100 pounds heavier, he'd make a heck of a nose tackle. And if he was William Wallace (Braveheart), he'd be able to shoot balls of fire out of his ass. I think some of the Johnny lovers already think he's capable of that.

And how many of those Duke defenders are going to be playing on Sunday? None? Got any video of him running over C J Mosley or Dee Ford? Out running Clinton Dix?

That wasnt the point.. the point was that he can take and deliver hits from players that are NFL size

exhibit #1 of the failure of a fan trying to scout.

Making such declarative statements about a prospect based on one game....against.....let's say guys that will not make it in the league. How'd he look against mizz and LSU? Hey, he beat rice though....lol

You're welcome.

How did he look against Alabama? Oh thats right.. great.. I think thats the answer right? great?

Oh and Hoorta.. if you watch both Bama games you can see JFF beating Mosley to the edge almost on a regular occasion, he never had to go head to head with him because he just out manuevered him.

Fan trying to be a scout?

No, not at all. Just a guy with an opinion who likes to back it up with video. Theres tons of it online, you can see full games of JFF in amost each one of his college starts

BTW.. watching the LSU game which I believe was Johnnys worst..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InyVF9Rgu0E

The stat line was way worse than his actual play on the field. See for yourself

"According to the Houston Chronicle, "word's spreading among media" in New York that the Jaguars will take Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel at No. 3."

Is there a bigger college player coming out that has MORE SMOKESCREEN than Johnny Football?

If he's this good, then Houston would take him at 1...but the issue is. HE IS NOT.

Every team using his popularity to trade down and rob someone.

Texans,

Rams, -- remember this one? Rumor of Johnny visiting them a few days ago? Pure BS as player visits ended a week ago.

Jacksonville

Raiders

Browns

"We're taking johnny!!! who wants to pony up??!?!"

Um....they lost against Alabama....I guess you missed that part.

But he's a winner.....except he went 4-4 in the SEC.

He's a winner they say!

hahahaha!

LSU shut him down twice by running contain on defense. Maybe Alabama gave him too much credit.

I seem to remember many old posters here that fell in love with an over hyped prospect. He was the savior, and believed it so much that they grew tired of his detractors. Frustrated, they left and created their own board.

So uh.....who was actually right in that case?

I want Johnny Football.

I respect your opinion 'Peen, but I have to disagree. Ya hang with gangstas, ya tend to get into gangsta trouble, eventually. Or a Ben Rapisberger situation with the ladies.

If Manziel had Carr's Bridgewater's or McCarron's character background, I'd have a lot less doubts about his draftability high in the first round. OK Dan Marino had a rep as a party-hearty in college that dropped his draft stock- but he wasn't hanging out with thugs.

As above, LSU showed the world how to defense JF- and NFL defensive coordinators are a lot quicker on the uptake.

As to Playground Legend's assertion that Manziel can hang with guys bigger than him on the football field- it depends on their conditioning, and athletic ability. Aren't any 250 pound marshmallows in the NFL.

The Browns are not going to draft Johnny Futball.

Not going to happen. Not a fit.

Not if character counts, they won't.

I respect your opinion 'Peen, but I have to disagree. Ya hang with gangstas, ya tend to get into gangsta trouble, eventually. Or a Ben Rapisberger situation with the ladies.

If Manziel had Carr's Bridgewater's or McCarron's character background, I'd have a lot less doubts about his draftability high in the first round. OK Dan Marino had a rep as a party-hearty in college that dropped his draft stock- but he wasn't hanging out with thugs.

As above, LSU showed the world how to defense JF- and NFL defensive coordinators are a lot quicker on the uptake.

As to Playground Legend's assertion that Manziel can hang with guys bigger than him on the football field- it depends on their conditioning, and athletic ability. Aren't any 250 pound marshmallows in the NFL.

How do you know he hangs out with "gangstas" and "thugs?" Are you personally familiar with the people he hangs out with?

There is NOTHING wrong with Manziels character. Nothing.

You miss that picture? if I'm a GM that's not exactly the sort of clientele I want my franchise quarterback hanging out with on Saturday night.

Farmer did make a reference to it- that JF didn't handle the fame & adulation well. The question is- This is the big boy league now- time to grow up kid. Question is can he?

You miss that picture? if I'm a GM that's not exactly the sort of clientele I want my franchise quarterback hanging out with on Saturday night.

Farmer did make a reference to it- that JF didn't handle the fame & adulation well. The question is- This is the big boy league now- time to grow up kid. Question is can he?

Farmer actually said he really liked how JF has grown and says he has no problem with his character "issues" now, and also mentioned that the only reason they wouldn't draft him is if they didn't think he could play in the NFL. Says he had a lot thrown at him early with the fame but he has learned how to deal with it and is all about football and competing now.

and the kid is a liar. he went on gruden QB camp and played the choir boy saying he was wrong playing the fame card and hanging out like he did and was going to change.

yeah, really? all he's done since is show up for the cameras, hang out and be the new 'kid celebrity' (Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche move over, lol).

hey there's nothing wrong with hanging out but if you're about to make a ton of money and you are telling people one thing and doing the exact opposite, how do you think those people are looking at you?

What was wrong with that picture? And what teenager has ever handled fame and adulation well?

I am very much looking forward to you saying how much you like Johnny Manziel as a person two years from now.

Archived