THE BROWNS BOARD

The official Terry Pluto thread

Westside Steve

5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.

6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

5. The point is, the Browns do have the salary cap room to take on Beckham’s contract. So they have to look at the player and his value. Beckham is known for his sometimes volatile personality, but that should not be reason for the Browns to pass on him.

6. Beckham is only 26 years old. In 59 NFL games, he’s caught 44 TD passes. This past season, Beckham caught 77 passes (six TDs) in 12 games. He is talented, a former LSU teammate of the Browns’ Jarvis Landry......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

Hmmmmmmm, worth the risk on the BROWNS young team? Problem child or potential killer WR crew?

That sir is the question. I wonder if Landry could be a good influence?

WSS

^^ B.Perrimans agent is Drew RosenHaus..same as Crow & T.Pryor. Drew is sharing a bigger head with Antonio Bryant these days.(reps AB too).Higgins i think we get. Rosenhaus vs. Browns rep'ing Perriman? will be a dragout due to his 1st round value..Dorsey early response to Drew?..WR Jaylin Strong added..  

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

^^ B.Perrimans agent is Drew RosenHaus..same as Crow & T.Pryor. Drew is sharing a bigger head with Antonio Bryant these days.(reps AB too).Higgins i think we get. Rosenhaus vs. Browns rep'ing Perriman? will be a dragout due to his 1st round value..Dorsey early response to Drew?..WR Jaylin Strong added..  

Ya, sounds like we are going to let Perriman test the open market.

Zombo

I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?

Mike

• Like 2

On 2/28/2019 at 7:44 PM, Canton Mike said:

I can't stand Drew Rosenhaus & fear we may lose Perriman as a result of DR's bullshit & another player putting blind faith in him. Only hope is Perriman has the good sense to say, "I'M staying in Cleveland!" Frankly, I'm amazed players align themselves with that A-hole. He did a hell of a job for Pryor, didn't he?

Mike

Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated? 

Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team. 

23 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Rosenhaus?! Are you effing kidding me? Lord Jesus that guy is the absolute WORST. He completely screwed over Pryor, and I don't blame the players too much because they're told to place their trust in their agents. Frankly, I think that's insane, but that's how the game works. Also, this could be Perriman's ONLY shot for another contract, so you know he wants to get everything he can. Suppose his play was just a flash in the pan and he's not as capable as demonstrated? 

Ya know, sometimes I think the players make it more complicated than it has to be. If they want to do something, they can do it and their agent can kiss their ass. I'm frustrated because I can't see any possible way Perriman comes back, and I really liked him on the team. 

Same here. I think too often as fans we make up motivations for these guys in our heads. I think you would like to believe there might be more loyalty and respect for the organization that pick them up off the scrap Heap and turned their careers around.

On the other hand it could be Perryman doesn't realized one of the things that made him look good this year who's being fortunate enough to have the most accurate quarterback in the league throwing to him. He likely would have that wherever Rosenhaus gets him the big bucks.

WSS

22 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.🤩

Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That Dorsey is a smart guy because he agrees with me on ILB priority.🤩

Hopefully he pulls one in or fills our other need at DT and does a deal to get White, the perfect fit for the Browns.

ILB priority?  

Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?

Do you and your bosom buddy JD  think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?

And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft?  (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs,  one of each?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

ILB priority?  

Would that be in the 3-4 or the 4-3?

Do you and your bosom buddy JD  think that Schobert is not getting the job done at ILB in the 4-3 we have been running?

And, if we do go there...who are the best candidates to take at ILB in this draft?  (I know there are 2 Devins....White/Bush...who play LB...but are both ILBs/OLBs,  one of each?

If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If you read the article then you know Schobert missed a lot of tackles. So yes we do need a lot of help there. Not only did our ILB not make tackles, but was often a no-show for plugging the proper hole in the line. And Devin White is exactly what we need, a very fast and athletic 237 lb hitter. If you saw him play games this year, you would know what he brings to the Browns. But JD is gonna have to really get ahead in the line for him. How many ILBs that weigh that much have you ever known that could run a 4.42 40? That's WR speed. He's a sideline to sideline kind of player, but big and strong enough to fill the middle as well.

Where is he being mocked to fall?  White that is.    Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10.   They can use them to move up and get some contributors.

How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?

I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Where is he being mocked to fall?  White that is.    Browns have 10 picks this draft....but no way will or should they use all 10.   They can use them to move up and get some contributors.

How far up would Browns have to trade to get a chance at White?

I doubt that trading our #17 and a couple of 5ths or 6th would do it.

If the QBs go as early as expected it looks like Cincy @ #11 is the best guess for White's landing zone. I think we would have to give up #17 and #49 to move up ahead of them if we can find a trading partner. Maybe Buff @#9. We might get a later round pick from them in addition to their 1st rounder for our 1st and 2nd round picks depending upon whose value charts you use.

• Thanks 1

Moseley or Barr would fix a major problem and allow us to concentrate of a quality DT is a very deep class. We would not have to trade up as far as we would if we were going after White at ILB. Maybe not at all.

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Moseley or Barr would fix a major problem and allow us to concentrate of a quality DT is a very deep class. We would not have to trade up as far as we would if we were going after White at ILB. Maybe not at all.

I am very rarely a fan of trading up.

WSS

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I totally agree on the LB need. It has to be priority #1 followed by S now with OG coming in 3rd. There are some quality Ss in this draft that should be there in the 3rd. Do we trade off next year's #1 plus others for White? Or do we see who is still sitting there @ # 49.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I totally agree on the LB need. It has to be priority #1 followed by S now with OG coming in 3rd. There are some quality Ss in this draft that should be there in the 3rd. Do we trade off next year's #1 plus others for White? Or do we see who is still sitting there @ # 49.

I've never choked up about trading away first round picks but... Bill Belichick seems to make things work without a whole shitload of hi selections. We shall see.

Plus grabbing a lot of free agents is going to put us in the salary-cap shithouse pretty soon.

WSS

I still have the A&M vs NC.St. Gator bowl recorded. I am going to review it to see what Pratt did. However given that our RB set a Gator Bowl record against them, I suspect our center cleaned his clock on multiple occasions in that runaway win. I'll give my opinion by tomorrow.

EDIT: He skipped the Gator Bowl to make sure he avoided an injury. Sorry but I don't care for selfish players who screw over their teams like that. They obviously missed his abilities.

That being said I found this article on why we should draft him.

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/03/fcc67f48145816/germaine-pratt-why-the-browns-should-draft-the-nc-state-linebacker.html

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I still have the A&M vs NC.St. Gator bowl recorded. I am going to review it to see what Pratt did. However given that our RB set a Gator Bowl record against them, I suspect our center cleaned his clock on multiple occasions in that runaway win. I'll give my opinion by tomorrow.

EDIT: He skipped the Gator Bowl to make sure he avoided an injury. Sorry but I don't care for selfish players who screw over their teams like that. They obviously missed his abilities.

That being said I found this article on why we should draft him.

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/03/fcc67f48145816/germaine-pratt-why-the-browns-should-draft-the-nc-state-linebacker.html

I felt like you for a very short while:  that players that skip their Bowl game to prepare for the draft were selfish......but then I saw the light.  Now I see these useless bowl games as just another way for the schools and the NCAA to exploit these players so that they can make money on the bowls while the players get diddley squat, except maybe a nice little trip. 

I would not have a problem if every single player whose eligibility runs out, or who is about to be eligible for the draft were to skip these meaningless, non-playoff bowl games.  Again, they are just designed to make money for the schools and to help pay the coaches their million plus dollar salary.   Fuck all these useless bowls.

Talkin’ Cleveland Browns: Little-known factors behind John Dorsey’s big moves – Terry Pluto

Today 4:59 AM

Good stuff on how Dorsey "leans on analytics", Corbett/Zeitler, Garrett/Vernon and "pressuring" the QB, and OBJ/Landry and the love of the game.

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2019/03/talkin-cleveland-browns-little-known-factors-behind-john-dorseys-big-moves-terry-pluto.html

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Talkin’ Cleveland Browns: Little-known factors behind John Dorsey’s big moves – Terry Pluto

Today 4:59 AM

Good stuff on how Dorsey "leans on analytics", Corbett/Zeitler, Garrett/Vernon and "pressuring" the QB, and OBJ/Landry and the love of the game.

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2019/03/talkin-cleveland-browns-little-known-factors-behind-john-dorseys-big-moves-terry-pluto.html

You beat me to it. Just getting ready to post that.

WSS

Pluto said:

We can talk a lot about the various aspects of the Hunt case, including the possibility of trading Duke Johnson. For what it’s worth, I’d keep Johnson this season.

...I agree.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:47 PM, mjp28 said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

And now to see how this works out in real life.......with Mayfield's gun. :D

7. No matter what Gettleman says, his actions scream the Giants wanted Beckham out. They even are willing to carry $19 million of “dead salary cap money” in 2019 for Beckham to play for the Browns.......

8. I doubt the record had anything to do with Beckham being traded. The Giants are in a roster teardown, and that has helped the Browns acquire some very talented players.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

Nice to be on the receiving end of a team doing a fire sale? Yes it is. :)