THE BROWNS BOARD

Kareem Hunt

7moses7

the nfl commish was once an assistant to Lamar Hunt.

so.... the delay will be based on his friendship with the Chief's ownership., I think.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7/31/1598055/commissioner-roger-goodell-joins

Context is everything..... You can never hit a woman, but i heard he kicked her out for being belligerent, that she called him the n # word, and that she punched a female friend of his in the face. He pushed her, which was wrong to do and stupid, but this is by no means as bad as a ray rice situation. I'm not saying Kareem is completely innocent, but I can't say that woman wasn't on a crazy rage as well. What actually happened is probably somewhere in the middle.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

He will get the Ray Rice treatment.  He won't ever play again.

And you will get some people saying its a Kareem Witch Hunt ....

5 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Maybe justice will take place and he will get shot in a drive by and left for dead, He should never be allowed to play again as far as I am concerned. This is out of hand these over paid under brained goons think they can do what they want, Why did this take so long?

Little over the top IMO. He deserves punished no doubt. I’d expect him to face charges and pay with potentially time and fines. That said people can change. If it were or becomes systemic behavior I’d agree with you. Hell I’d agree he needs his ass whipped but not shot and left for dead.       It’s kind of ironic Tyreke Hill is on the Chiefs and they drafted him knowing he beat his pregnant girlfriend. This is less a commitment against violence by the Chiefs and more damage control because the video went public. 

16 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Not seen the video is it as bad as Mixon's ?

He should get suspended for a few games at most. Maybe the Chiefs are releasing him for not being truthful, if the are releasing him for whats in the video, I think its over the top.

16 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Little over the top IMO. He deserves punished no doubt. I’d expect him to face charges and pay with potentially time and fines. That said people can change. If it were or becomes systemic behavior I’d agree with you. Hell I’d agree he needs his ass whipped but not shot and left for dead.       It’s kind of ironic Tyreke Hill is on the Chiefs and they drafted him knowing he beat his pregnant girlfriend. This is less a commitment against violence by the Chiefs and more damage control because the video went public. 

You are right, that is over the top it just makes me sick what all these guys get away with, They get pulled over for DUI they get a slap on the wrist while I have to pay bail, jump through hoops just to get my car back while they get to drive their car home or wherever. No matter the crime they get treated way better than us only when it comes to something like this shit happens but then look how long it took to happen?

It's definitely not ok, and he should definitely be punished, but it's not bad enough to lose a career over. It looks like a bunch of drunk idiots acting like asshats, and Kareem losing his temper and shoving a woman on the ground. It's inexcusable, but it should not cost him his livelihood. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/

This dude was seriously pissed off about something. It’s a shame he couldn’t just walk away from whatever it was that was going on.

After reviewing the video, when the girl goes flying, it wasn’t a direct shove from Hunt but him fighting thru contact for extra yards to get to the victim. 

The kick at the end? 15 yard penalty for unneccessary roughness. 

On a serious note, his actions were dispicable.

That being said, I’m sure he’ll get a chance to play again down the road. 

28 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Maybe justice will take place and he will get shot in a drive by and left for dead, He should never be allowed to play again as far as I am concerned. This is out of hand these over paid under brained goons think they can do what they want, Why did this take so long?

I see where you're coming from, I really do, but I just don't think it's worth losing a career over. It's a shame he couldn't just walk away. He had people trying save him from himself, and protect the girl. She got under his skin and he couldn't let it go. Most of us here have been in nasty arguments with a girlfriend, and I've been in some heated ones myself, but you just CAN'T get physical, ever. I'm also pretty sure alcohol was a driving factor, not that it excuses a damn thing, but men have to know when things get to a certain point, it's time to walk away. Women can get in your face, scream at you, even strike you sometimes, but the guys HAVE to be in control. 

I'm just glad nobody appears to be seriously hurt. I am sure we're going to be hearing about this for quite some time, and get ready for the nation wide apology tour. 

I saw the video earlier today.  He's just a punk thug.

Now we'll see if any team has the audacity to pick him up.

......and people have called us dumb by releasing Gordon.  I know the infractions are quite different, but the bottom line is you can't have guys that don't represent the team properly.  The Chiefs wasted no time in dealing with him.  I applaud them.  And we gave Gordon every possible chance to demonstrate that he was part of the team, but he didn't, so he had to go.  You can't allow these guys to remain on your team.    -  The severity of Hunts actions will probably cause him to be poison for a period of time.....before he gets his second chance.  Gordon, of course, gets his second chance right away since he wasn't violent to women or anything.  

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

-  The severity of Hunts actions will probably cause him to be poison for a period of time.....before he gets his second chance. 

Never know.  Ray Rice never got a 2nd chance.   The Redskins are getting killed for picking up that dude earlier this week.  I bet teams stay away. 

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Never know.  Ray Rice never got a 2nd chance.   The Redskins are getting killed for picking up that dude earlier this week.  I bet teams stay away. 

I hope you're right.

Wait a second, you mean they got rid of someone who has had some success and a lot of talent? After 1 time? But after about 20 times with someone else, everyone jumped on the Browns about how stupid they were, and they were only ones who would do that, that's why they always suck.

Hmm. 1 seed in AFC just did

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Lying appears to be his transgression according to the Chiefs.. And again, Redskins have first dibs :D

How so? I would think teams like the Raiders and 49ers would have first shot.

Archived