THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Larry he didn't try to kick him in the damn nuts. It was a slight recoil from being grabbed by the damn face mask. Frankly I need to stop talking about it. Garrett acted like a goon no matter what Rudolph did or didn't do.

ok, now you've gone full dipwad. LOL. so, you're saying that Mean Old Doctor Garrett was using a foam hammer thingie to test sissy mason's reflexes? LOL

or, you mean to say that your sissy mason's lower leg is connected to his facemask and helmet. LOL

you suck at making sense. really.

doctor_testing_reflexes_anim_small.gif

8 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

It also happened before many browns fans were even alive. In the entire era of the "new" browns all they've done is roll over and put their ass in the air for that bullshit team. Well, not this week. 

Well...I remember it.  Can't help it that your parents did not have the foresight to bear you much earlier than they did😁

I'm posting here because this thread is only taking into account the number of games.

I heard a reporter say that it would be logical for Myles to be suspended till game 1 of next year, only to have next season a remainder of what should never ever happen in a football field. It makes all the sense in the world to me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

And furthermore demarious Randall's hit on whatever forgettable bum they had playing receiver was far more dangerous than Rudolph getting booped on the nose. 

There were multiple hits to Steelers receivers that were at their heads, and I wouldn't blame the Steelers for being mad about them. You can't go at someone's head, and you can't use your helmet as a weapon. 

4 games at a maximum.

as well he should.

https://www.newsweek.com/myles-garrett-isnt-first-nfl-player-use-helmet-weapon-rule-against-it-was-written-1982-1472057

Another incident happened in 2002 during the Kansas City Chiefs training camp. During a team practice, a fight broke out between defensive lineman Eddie Freeman and offensive lineman John Tait. Freeman hit Tait with his own helmet causing 17 stitches and a broken nose.

"He had my helmet and hit me with it. It wasn't his fist," Tait told reporters after the incident. "It's common knowledge he had my helmet in his hand, and he swung it back and hit me with it."

In 2006, Tennessee Titans defensive end Albert Haynesworth was suspended for five games after he knocked the knocked off Dallas Cowboys center Andre Furode's helmet and kicked him in the face. Haynesworth did not use the helmet as a weapon, but his suspension length could give insight into how the league will handle Garrett's situation.

NFL Network reporter, James Palmer also pointed out another instance where a player used a helmet as a weapon in 2013. During a preseason game, Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith ripped the helmet off of Miami Dolphins' guard Richie Incognito and tried to hit him with it.

The last time I remember some one doing what Myles Garrett did was when Antonio Smith ripped off Richie Incognito’s helmet and then swung it at his head. I can’t believe I found the video. pic.twitter.com/qFrSN5cWYC

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) November 15, 2019

According to the play-by-play record of the game, no penalty was called on Smith, but he was later suspended for the final two games of the preseason as well as week one of the regular season.

Most all? of us Browns fans know Miles should have gotten suspended. But INDEFINATELY? When he didn't start it? and was being restrained and held back while sissy mason attacked HIM a second time, after kicking him in the groin and trying to rip off HIS helmet, and trying to poke his eyes out?

Nah. Said it before, say it now. The corrupt NFL Goodhell hates the Browns, or at least dumps on them because we haven't made the NFL $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in superbowls. And obviously refuses to hold his referees accountable for a lack of fairness across the board.

The NFLs hasty reaction deserves a hasty reaction in turn.  The NFL reacted quickly because the media and all the Nancy keyboard warriors were jumping on the NFL the night it happened. 

the “indefinite” nature almost begging for an Appeal and suspension appeases the group above  

21 hours ago, jcam222 said:

The not I look at the sequence of events I am astounded Rudolph wasn’t suspended. It is crystal clear he instigated the entire thing with multiple actions outside the rules. 1) He clearly grabbed and twisted Garrett’s helmet sideways 2) He kicked Myles in the balls 3) After Myles ripped off his helmet HE WAS BACKING OFF AND RESTRAINED!! Rudolph charged him with clear malintent. Rudolph admitted in interview that he charged him because he was angry. It was when he was charged  Myles swing the helmet. It was done in self defense and was uncontrolled reaction. Myles should be suspended but it should be reduced. Mason should get multiple game suspension. Great post in another forum from an attorney who says in court it would be easy to build and win a case of self defense. 

YEP. That was my reaction - disgust that Miles didn't drop the helmet, but was attacked again and again and was not fighting DeCastro who was restraining him - and then the sissy mason attacked him again. He was nearly defenseless, had one loose arm, that should not have had a helmet in it.

Suspend sissy mason. He initialized the fight, and re-ignited the fight.

No suspension for sissy mason makes for biased goodhell to look like the superbowl team favoring schmuck he's been called out to be long before this.

• Upvote 1

While it is ridiculous that Mason Rudolph got away relatively scot-free, I'm laughing at the thought of the usual suspects on this board who think the NFL has this vendetta vs the Browns if this exact situation had played out in opposite. They would be apologizing for and making excuses for Mayfield EXACTLY like a Steelers fan like Vagitron did for Rudolph.

If Baker Mayfield had been hit with his own helmet by T.J. Watt, you can bet your ass there would be calls for a public hanging.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I'm posting here because this thread is only taking into account the number of games.

I heard a reporter say that it would be logical for Myles to be suspended till game 1 of next year, only to have next season a remainder of what should never ever happen in a football field. It makes all the sense in the world to me. 

remainder??? that makes no sense to me.... a qb trying to rip off a defenders' helmet because of a clean, 'nother sack should never ever happen on a football field.

The qb kicking a defender, who had NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG BEFORE THE QB STARTED IT.... should never, ever kick an opposing player WHO MADE A CLEAR EASY SACK in the groin...and that should never ever happen on a football field.

etc.

17 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The NFLs hasty reaction deserves a hasty reaction in turn.  The NFL reacted quickly because the media and all the Nancy keyboard warriors were jumping on the NFL the night it happened. 

the “indefinite” nature almost begging for an Appeal and suspension appeases the group above  

Yep. The NFL absolutely had time to consider all the facts before judging. But NOOOOOO.

It's only the Browns. Who cares about all the facts with them?

If Baker ever did exactly what sissy mason did to start a fight because he got sacked again?

Baker would never do that. I would say Baker instigated it. Facts are facts.

Sissy mason DID start, and continue it.

I still wonder.

The pass play call, 2 TD's down, 8 secs left...

letting big sacker Garrett in with no attempt to block him.

Garrett sacks him, easily...as in, doesn't land on him, but spins to keep his weight on him and have him land

on HIM as to not get called for UC ...

THEN he has his helmet nearly ripped off, kicked in the groin twice, his eyes attack inside his helmet... by the same qb...who THEN attacks him again and tries to get a hold of his balls and rips them off AGAIN?

(I still wonder what he said to Miles while he tried to scratch Miles' eyes out, that Kitchens won't repeat)

Oh, and no steeler tried to hold sissy mason back?

I call....for a look into a setup. It doesn't add up, that's all I'm saying.

Especially, the qb who started it all with cheapshots doesn't get any suspension???

nah. not buying. I'm sad that Miles didn't drop the helmet. Huge mistake.

But, in self defense mode, I -understand- how a mistake can be made.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

While it is ridiculous that Mason Rudolph got away relatively scot-free, I'm laughing at the thought of the usual suspects on this board who think the NFL has this vendetta vs the Browns if this exact situation had played out in opposite. They would be apologizing for and making excuses for Mayfield EXACTLY like a Steelers fan like Vagitron did for Rudolph.

If Baker Mayfield had been hit with his own helmet by T.J. Watt, you can bet your ass there would be calls for a public hanging.

You nailed it, and are absolutely correct. 

according to the cba the commish can not suspend Myles indefinitely for on field discretions  only for off field you know things like beating your girlfriend  so yes i can see Myles suspension being reduced 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Icecube said:

If I threw a frisbee at you, and you turned around and shot me with a 12-gauge of buckshot, that is essentially what happened here. 

Tackle (maybe borderline flag but no flag) then you have Assault by QB (kick groin and helmet pull) like force returned helmet pull by Myles. Myles being taken back by another Steeler being held by the same person with The QB yelling and running toward him.  

These are all relevant facts and likely the main reason why charges don’t want to be filed and when a prosecutor reviews all this they don’t just focus on Myles last action which is not like force returned its excessive force they will consider the totality of the circumstances. Other items to consider   Who was the Initial aggressor and no one seriously harmed.  The fact that Mason re engaged in the scuffle is relevant too

If I’m held by your friend and you are charging after me after you’ve assaulted me- is it reasonable for me to fear that you are coming after me again to assault and I can’t readily Defense myself if your friend is trying to hold me.

myles force was wrong but this isn’t the case of poor innocent QB vs big lineman picking on him 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ATOM said:

according to the cba the commish can not suspend Myles indefinitely for on field discretions  only for off field you know things like beating your girlfriend  so yes i can see Myles suspension being reduced 

I could see them claiming that this is some unprecedented action that went beyond the scope of the game.

to which I would counter with - why doesn’t the QB assaulted file charges 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

He should appeal.  That's how the game is played.  And if it's not supposed to be labeled as 'indefinite', then why did they do it?  Do they not know the rules?

If you watch NFL football every week, it's pretty obvious they don't know their own rules.

Mike

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No more than Browns DL men are going to be targeting Steelers OL.  Or more than Browns DBs are going to be targeting Steelers receivers. 

And, has anyone heard about the status of Juju?   Is he out a while, or not at all?

Juju got concussed Gipper- he'll be "in the protocol" until further notice.....  

2 hours ago, Orion said:

He should appeal.  That's how the game is played.  And if it's not supposed to be labeled as 'indefinite', then why did they do it?  Do they not know the rules?

Regarding the BOLD exactly. The NFL had to make it look like they're tough on initial reaction. It's not unusual to have suspensions reduced on appeal. IIRC, wasn't Ben's suspension for that little bar room incident reduced? Le'veon Bells?  Garrett will certainly tell tell the arbitrator- he was provoked- that Goodell and crew overlooked when handing out the suspension- they only took the helmet bop into account.  

Now that I saw the video- Haynsworth's curb stomp of a helmetless payer was every bit as bad- and certainly cause more damage to the stompee..  

6 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

It also happened before many browns fans were even alive. In the entire era of the "new" browns all they've done is roll over and put their ass in the air for that bullshit team. Well, not this week. 

The scoreboard in Thursday's game should have done all of the talking..... too bad Myles couldn't just wait 8 more seconds to let it speak for itself.