THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

What Myles did was wrong, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. If you shoot at someone, miss and hit the wall, you don't get charged with murder. Myles swung and connected with the helmet but he is 6'4 275 pounds of solid muscle and could of destroyed Mason Rudolph's head with that helmet. I think it's safe to say he either realised his fuck up and held back, or he never had any intention of hurting Rudolph.

Second, it was absurd that the Cleveland police were seen leaving the Browns locker room,  this was football fight no crime here, should be handled in house. I actually feel bad for poor Myles for being treated like a felon.

Third, if Rudolph actually filed charges, he would been laughed out of the courtroom and possibly the NFL. And he probably would of had a target on his back.

4-6 games would have been more than adequate.

FREE MYLES GARRETT 

8 hours ago, Gorka said:

"Waa waa mommy, but Rudolph started it!"

Had this incident  happened against any team but the Squeelers  I'd bet most of you knuckleheads defending Garrett would probably concede to the fact Garrett was way out of line no matter who or what caused the fight, accept the punishment and declare "next man up"!   But since it was against those hated Squeeler thugs we release an entire different set of emotions that impede our ability to be rational.

Weird. The rest of us admit he should never have swung the helmet. Richardson above just said the same thing. Garrett says it. There isn't any disagreement - you don't whack people in the head with helmets. I do understand self-defense.

These  lame attempts by some  to equate Myles swinging a helmet at someone's head to Harrisons hits or Wards blindside blocks or Browns apparent kick to the facemask during a runback, well, you people just aint right.

Go watch the steelers' van cheap shotten take out Carson Palmer's knee, on the SECOND OFFENSIVE PLAY by the Bengals, in the AFC WILD CARD GAME. Palmer was never the same. Slow down, and ask yourself - who got hurt far, far worse...Palmer, or Rudolph?

Watch the hit on Josh Cribbs, the hit on our kicker....the list goes on. and the pittsburg crowd laughed about the foot to our kicker's face? Come on.

The steelers have bullied and cheap shotted the Browns for years, they have done it to other teams. and hurt other players and laughed about it.

Those actions, although illegal, were still within the confines of game...tackling, running, blocking.  Those infractions occurred when football was being played. Trying to inflict harm to another player by swinging a helmet at his unprotected head when the play is over is not football.

Wrong. Two kicks to the groin, trying to scratch Garrett's eyes out, trying to rip his helmet off, and charging him AFTER Garrett allowed himself to be pulled away,...  IS NOT WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE GAME. Nobody is excusing Garrett for the helmet swing. No one is glad it happened.

The simple fact is, rudolph's behavior is the same as steeler behavior over many years.

Cheap shots, bullying, and often, a light rap on the hand with a rubber ruler if anything at all.

Most all of us wish the melee hadn't ever happened. It happened because rudolph is just another entitled, referee favored cheap shot steeler.

Perhaps you missed the point - Troy Vincent of the NFL said Ogunjobi got a one game suspension for shoving rudolph, because "that could have resulted in a re-escalation".

So, what the hell do you call rudolph charging after a restrained Garrett, AFTER he kicked Garrett in the groin, scratched up his face, said whatever it was to him that Kitchens won't repeat, tried to rip his helmet off...?

• Thanks 1

I think everyone is aware what Myles did was wrong.

But like the Japanese classic Film "Rashomon" you have to look at all perspectives.

Mason's Perspective, Myles' Perspective, and the Outside perspective considering all that happened.

What happened? Tomlin and Freddie kept their starters in.... Mason was sacked, Tried to do something cheap to Myles. Myles wasn't having it, Mason tried to kick him in the balls and pull his facemask off.

Then instead of holding Mason back (If the Steelers players would of held Mason back, my bet is Garrett would've walked away), they hold and carry away Myles while Rudolph charges him. How stupid do you have to be to charge a guy who's being held by two of your teammates. And if anyone doesn't see that as  threatening, that's ridiculous. Let's let two guys hold you as another guy charges you.

Mason should get the same punishment Myles got. Myles deserves to be punished and suspended multiple games, but letting Rudolph play the victim is just plain wrong. The way this all played out was solely because of him instigating the fight. Without him instigating, nothing would've happened.

That being said, I think four games is fair, even the rest of the reason is fair, but for Mason to get off Scott free it's an insult to players everywhere.

Suspend myles the rest of the season if you must, but into next year, that's just making an example out of us.

People make mistakes and I get it. And for Damien Woody and Keyshawn Johnson, you're a couple of simpletons that are both overreacting.

Max Kellerman actually had a good take on it. People need to look at the entire situation instead of one point of it.

I hope Myles learns from this, and I hope Rudolph quits playing the victim. Because nobody felt sorry for us when Pittsburgh kicked our kicker in the face, when Harrison cheapshotted us, when all the cheapshots happened to us. So give me a break with the poor Steelers dirty Browns BS.

We'll come back stronger from this.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Icecube said:

Mr. Jimmy has to have a few winning seasons to matter. 

Is that it...really?    I mean, maybe.    

Because look at the list....Mike Brown has been around longer than anyone  except the  96 year old Virginia McCaskey...and Jerrah....and he certainly garners  no respect among the league.   Fair to say? 

It does seem that it is Jones, Kraft...and everyone else.

Here is an interesting article.   It says that other influential owners include  Mara from the Giants,  Arthur Blank of Atlanta...and a couple of newer owners...Clark Hunt of KC and Art Rooney II of Pitt. (more because of legacy than anything else)    It also tells how and why some of these owners become influential.   (this article must have been written just before Paul Allen died, as it refers to him, but makes no reference to his death)

And the article seems to support your theory...that winning counts and that is why Haslam cannot garner any influence.   see this passage:

Some envisioned a similar rise for well-liked Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam, but that’s been derailed, to some degree, due to his team’s struggles on the field. He, like Khan, wanted to be involved, but his rise has been slower than some envisioned. And that’s why the sixth piece in the process—longevity—matters. Owners’ credentials are built over time.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/18/nfl-most-powerful-owners-jerry-jones-john-mara-arthur-blank

On 11/17/2019 at 12:10 PM, hoorta said:

And then there was this one too..... 

The Kermit Washington - Rudy T incident did cross my mind. It was far more damaging, however, it lacked the premeditation of the Luke Witte "stomping".

On 11/17/2019 at 11:10 PM, PoeticG said:

The rulebook states that using the helmet as a weapon is a 15 yard penalty and ejection from the game. Since there was only 8 seconds left, Myles should sit out the Miami game and return in time for the Steelers rematch. It's in the books and no amount of crying by the snowflake culture should change Football's rules on dime.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:17 PM, PoeticG said:

And if the appeals committee wants to cry and say, "yeah but, it looked bad", then they can change the rules right then and there, BUT- Myles Garrett should be Grandfathered into what the rules stated at the time of the incident...

Nice try, but the rulebook is the starting point for discipline... nothing more.

Rules are separate from the league's disciplinary process.

Players are routinely suspended for on-field actions... even actions for which they were not ejected. In fact sometimes they are suspended for actions that were not even flagged at the time.

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Garrett was faced with the following:

-two on one fight he was being subdued by one individual and the threat of attack was coming.  Garrett was already assaulted by Rudolph it would be reasonable for Garrett to believe he was going to be assaulted again- he’s justified in protecting himself but The question hinges upon: Was his show of force excessive given the circumstances?  

While your depiction of this incident is accurate, reason is no longer a factor.

21 hours ago, Icecube said:

Remember when SNL was at least a little funny?

It still is... in fact it's very funny. Some nights more than others and some skits more than others, but the past couple seasons stand with the best of the "golden era" of SNL.

Try taking in an entire show someday.

12 hours ago, Gorka said:

Trying to inflict harm to another player by swinging a helmet at his unprotected head when the play is over is not football.

Are you secretly Goodell??? You've using his arguments...

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I think everyone is aware what Myles did was wrong.

But like the Japanese classic Film "Rashomon" you have to look at all perspectives.

Mason's Perspective, Myles' Perspective, and the Outside perspective considering all that happened.

What happened? Tomlin and Freddie kept their starters in.... Mason was sacked, Tried to do something cheap to Myles. Myles wasn't having it, Mason tried to kick him in the balls and pull his facemask off.

Then instead of holding Mason back (If the Steelers players would of held Mason back, my bet is Garrett would've walked away), they hold and carry away Myles while Rudolph charges him. How stupid do you have to be to charge a guy who's being held by two of your teammates. And if anyone doesn't see that as  threatening, that's ridiculous. Let's let two guys hold you as another guy charges you.

Mason should get the same punishment Myles got. Myles deserves to be punished and suspended multiple games, but letting Rudolph play the victim is just plain wrong. The way this all played out was solely because of him instigating the fight. Without him instigating, nothing would've happened.

That being said, I think four games is fair, even the rest of the reason is fair, but for Mason to get off Scott free it's an insult to players everywhere.

Suspend myles the rest of the season if you must, but into next year, that's just making an example out of us.

People make mistakes and I get it. And for Damien Woody and Keyshawn Johnson, you're a couple of simpletons that are both overreacting.

Max Kellerman actually had a good take on it. People need to look at the entire situation instead of one point of it.

I hope Myles learns from this, and I hope Rudolph quits playing the victim. Because nobody felt sorry for us when Pittsburgh kicked our kicker in the face, when Harrison cheapshotted us, when all the cheapshots happened to us. So give me a break with the poor Steelers dirty Browns BS.

We'll come back stronger from this.

May be the first Japanese cinema reference I've ever seen posted here.

Agree with your take...

• Upvote 1

I've noticed something, and multiple people have done it, in the retelling of the Rudolph/Garrett incident.

Garrett did not sack Rudolph. He most likely thought he did, but Rudolph got rid of the ball as Garrett wrapped him up and completed the pass to one of their RBs. This is important, because this is most likely the reason everything after occurred. Garrett had no idea Rudolph got rid of the ball, so he completed the tackle, Rudolph DID know he got rid of the ball, which is why he got pissed and lost his mind. 

Once Garrett ripped off the helmet......he should've just tossed it aside.   The game was over.   But no, he was pissed off because he, again, didn't get any sacks.  He is apparently quite concerned with his personal sack count.  He wants to lead the league.  -  It certainly wasn't frustration that his team was losing another game.

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

Once Garrett ripped off the helmet......he should've just tossed it aside.   The game was over.   But no, he was pissed off because he, again, didn't get any sacks.  He is apparently quite concerned with his personal sack count.  He wants to lead the league.  -  It certainly wasn't frustration that his team was losing another game.

You don't think having his helmet almost ripped off, getting kicked in his lil' Myles and having the guy who did both coming back at him AGAIN didn't have something to do with his anger?

23 minutes ago, Orion said:

er... he was upset about rudoolfus who tried  to scratch his eyes out, tried to rip off his helmet down over his face....and who DID kick him in the groin...

49 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

er... he was upset about rudoolfus who tried  to scratch his eyes out, tried to rip off his helmet down over his face....and who DID kick him in the groin...

It will be interesting tomorrow if Mr. Arbitrator buys that line of reasoning Cal.....  I'm certain Myles will bring all that up. If the arbitrator goes along with it, the suspension will be reduced.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I hope the reasoning you gave is sarcasm. 

4 hours ago, Orion said:

I don't think that had a damn thing to do with it.  

maybe he was mad because he was being held all night.

Maybe he was mad because a guy was trying to poke him in the eye and rip off his helmet and kick him in the nuts. 

Maybe he was mad because he hadn't gotten laid in a month. 

Maybe this, maybe that, maybe another thing.   His pressure was largely responsible for  Rudolpho throwing 4 picks.   Nothing to be mad about there. 

A pick is better than a sack, in my opinion.  

To paraphrase Luke Skywalker....

VnQ2CNW.gif

Except, yes...he should have tossed the helmet. 

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I hope the reasoning you gave is sarcasm. 

Nope.

I think what I said has a part to play in it.

Do I think it was the sole factor?  Of course not.  Just because he didn't get any sacks, again, he wasn't going to go over to Rudolph and yank his helmet off and whack him with it.  No.  But add to him already being frustrated, then the guy tries to rip his helmet off, and then comes back for more........it all adds up to 'whack'.  

Shows a really great view that closed the book on the fairy tale that Rudolph had his hand stuck in Myles helmet. You can clearly see his sissy hand outside the helmet before he DECIDED to put in it the cage. 

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've noticed something, and multiple people have done it, in the retelling of the Rudolph/Garrett incident.

Garrett did not sack Rudolph. He most likely thought he did, but Rudolph got rid of the ball as Garrett wrapped him up and completed the pass to one of their RBs. This is important, because this is most likely the reason everything after occurred. Garrett had no idea Rudolph got rid of the ball, so he completed the tackle, Rudolph DID know he got rid of the ball, which is why he got pissed and lost his mind. 

It is very telling that no flag was given to Garrett on the near sack.  Nowadays it’s touch football with the QB.  So if that aggravated Mason to the point on that kind of anger - perhaps he has a problem besides just throwing footballs 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

While your depiction of this incident is accurate, reason is no longer a factor.

It still is... in fact it's very funny. Some nights more than others and some skits more than others, but the past couple seasons stand with the best of the "golden era" of SNL.

Try taking in an entire show someday.

Are you secretly Goodell??? You've using his arguments...

Well it’s likely the true reason he didn’t attempt to bring charges.

He would be judged On all the attending circumstances  and scenarios that play out in the self defense standard.  Many of  nuances to it and the actions that took place don’t exactly make him look innocent.  

Garrett may have been better off if the Steelers and Mason attempted to pursue action.  The ultimate decision and likely message would be prosecution not pursuing this type of case and the reasons would probably make Garrett not look so bad in the eye of the public which is important because I’d argue that was the basis of his initial suspension  

The helmet swing looked bad when it happened, but it's not really THAT bad. We are not used to seeing things like this so when it happened everyone is appalled and it didn't help a lot of people super overreacted to it. Once more details started to come out I think people started to calm down. It is what it is, a football fight that happened on a football field that should (and was) handled in house. The fact that the Cleveland police were seen leaving the locker room and the talk of legal action are totally absurd. 

AND, this could be the shot in the arm this franchise has needed for quite some time.  The Browns are in the thick of a playoff hunt and you bet your ass the Pittsburgh rivalry is back on and everyone's got that game in Pittsburgh circled. If you're a Browns player and you're not up for this game, take off the uniform and go play soccer. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Shows a really great view that closed the book on the fairy tale that Rudolph had his hand stuck in Myles helmet. You can clearly see his sissy hand outside the helmet before he DECIDED to put in it the cage. 

Great shot in that video po. For anyone that didn't see it there next time a steeler fan tries to tell you his hand was stuck (looking at you vagitron) show them this picture right after they hit the ground

Screenshot_20191120-141452_YouTube.jpg

the steeler fans, including vagitron, are hypocrites. Their team intimidates with violence,

"it's football you wimps, haha".

But let another team do it to THEM ?

They go apecrap with fake indigence.

the squealers are the dirtiest team in all of pro football.

Maybe still the steriodest? who knows.

Meanwhile, the girlieman qb of the pukesberg squealers saw the video of himself starting the entire fight, while looking like

the biggest pouty puss in the NFL.

Now, he is sorry for the way he acted. etc etc etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/i-should-have-done-a-better-job-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-mason-rudolph-explains-his-actions-in-cleveland-browns-incident/ar-BBX3LrH

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

the steeler fans, including vagitron, are hypocrites. Their team intimidates with violence,

"it's football you wimps, haha".

But let another team do it to THEM ?

They go apecrap with fake indigence.

the squealers are the dirtiest team in all of pro football.

Maybe still the steriodest? who knows.

Do you mean fake indignity?   Indigence is about a person being poor.     But, maybe you were applying an oxymoron.....as in the Steelers, the bully who gets punched in the face, cry  "poor poor pitiful me".

Which makes them you know what?  They and Rudolph are The Scut Farkas of the NFL. 

• Haha 1