THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, Troy... wasn't the ripping on Garrett's helmet, kicks to Garrett's groin.. an "escalation" ???

Wasn't Garrett, allowing himself to be restrained with no animosity towards DeCastro, and pulled away from sissy mason....

the victim of sissy mason's attacking Garrett AGAIN? Is not the latter ANOTHER RE-ESCALATION ?

And why, if Ogunjobi gets suspended one game for a re-escalation...why not sissy mason?

For the integrity? of the NFL, I believe somebody needs to ask Troy Vincent just what the hell is going on with his logic of not suspending sissy mason, who STARTED the entire fiasco, who RE-ESCALATED the entire fiasco.

No freaking wonder refs aren't held accountable, eh, Troy?

part of my beef is, the serious lack of fairness. Ogunjobi - suspended for one game for an action they called "re-escaltion".

So why...in...the...hell..... isn't what sissy mason did, in going after Garrett again... not deescalation???

It's a simple freaking good question. Try answering it, instead of bitching some smart ass stuff at me.

See my previous post.  I think you bring up some fair questions ...which I think I have addressed there a bit.  

I mean, I hate to keep harping on about how this would be handled in a court of law.....but as I said, in a court the arbiter cannot be whimsical.  He must take into account all factors.  Certainly the egregious actions of the accused must be dealt with....but those other factors of provocation and victim impact would also be required to be taken into consideration.  But not, apparently, by the NFL. 

My Wife recorded "Tailgate 19" - with Bob Golic, Eric Metcalf, Josh Cribbs, and Tony Zarella. I love listening to these guys. Cribbs said the suspension can't stand upon review, and the question was raised about a lawsuit. Cribbs is a very smart guy - he said bring it on, because in a court of law, the instigator is the assaulter, and clearly that was, obviously, Rudolph. He said it was football - Garrett had every right to sack him, and as Golic noted, Garrett went way, way careful to not land on him, and had Rudolph land on him instead, to not draw a penalty, etc and then the qb went ballistic. My paraphrase.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....I would say that that would be considered a wholly extraneous, irrelevant factor.   It would NOT be given any credence....in a real court.  But as I said, this is not a real court.  And obviously if they are going to make their decisions based on optics....the fact that the person that provoked the encounter....and escalated it (which is a fair argument)....is white, and the people who all suffer from the consequences of his action are black,  ....well, lets just say it is a nefarious, but perhaps useful tactic. 

I do not however think that Cal's  interstitial argument that team's that have been in Super Bowl's get preference is at all a factor.

I don't think race plays any part in it at all. I do see some circumstantial evidence of superbowl team favoritism.

"interstitial" ??? I have a huge vocabulary but.... I had to go look up the definition of that one. LOL. and I still don't understand....

One thing about it, this has the possibility to forge this team like few things can..... it can also do the opposite too, as that knife cuts both ways.

The dudes in the locker room are no different than their fans and while they're pissed and disappointed of Myles, they may be even more pissed at Rudolph, the NFL and the world..... We'll all know really soon if they've become forged, or shattered. 

Maybe this was Myles' ingenious plan all along?  

Too soon? 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

My Wife recorded "Tailgate 19" - with Bob Golic, Eric Metcalf, Josh Cribbs, and Tony Zarella. I love listening to these guys. Cribbs said the suspension can't stand upon review, and the question was raised about a lawsuit. Cribbs is a very smart guy - he said bring it on, because in a court of law, the instigator is the assaulter, and clearly that was, obviously, Rudolph. He said it was football - Garrett had every right to sack him, and as Golic noted, Garrett went way, way careful to not land on him, and had Rudolph land on him instead, to not draw a penalty, etc and then the qb went ballistic. My paraphrase.

Garrett should have landed on him......and crushed his arse.   I mean....it was like the last play of the game!  What would happen?  Were the Steelers going to score two TDs in 8 second? 

I guess he didn't want to get fined....(how did that work out?)    Another question:  does the league somehow hold it against you if you have multiple roughing the passer penalties?  Did Garrett like not to want to hit some sort of imposed limit on such a thing?

45 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't think race plays any part in it at all. I do see some circumstantial evidence of superbowl team favoritism.

"interstitial" ??? I have a huge vocabulary but.... I had to go look up the definition of that one. LOL. and I still don't understand....

It simply means putting something in between something else.  

Maybe a better word, and perhaps the one I was really thinking of was "interpose" 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

The instigator was the assaulter which would be a consideration.  And Not only did he instigate he pursued Garrett later as Garrett was retreating.  

Did Cribbs mention Garrett’s use of reasonable force the question would be did Garrett use reasonable force to protect himself from round two of the assault?

Garrett was faced with the following:

-two on one fight he was being subdued by one individual and the threat of attack was coming.  Garrett was already assaulted by Rudolph it would be reasonable for Garrett to believe he was going to be assaulted again- he’s justified in protecting himself but The question hinges upon: Was his show of force excessive given the circumstances?  

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

One thing about it, this has the possibility to forge this team like few things can..... it can also do the opposite too, as that knife cuts both ways.

The dudes in the locker room are no different than their fans and while they're pissed and disappointed of Myles, they may be even more pissed at Rudolph, the NFL and the world..... We'll all know really soon if they've become forged, or shattered. 

Maybe this was Myles' ingenious plan all along?  

Too soon? 

So he planned to also get fined, suspended and labeled for the remainder of his career?  And now right or wrong  he’s a target to every official.  All in the name of spurring a run to the playoffs where we would meet our glorious end quickly by some stupid penalty or ill timed Freddie play call.

50 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Posting in this thread because some may not have seen this in the game thread.

Second-by-second analysis of the Garrett video

Worth a read regardless of your judgement.. you are guaranteed to learn something new if you read it all the way through.

Good read thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Precisely....it did NOT go bad at all.   It just LOOKED bad.....we all agree on that. 

But the NFL does not seem to know the difference (in legal terms)  between intention and reality.  

Certainly I have seen it in a number of situations.   Take Domestic Violence.   A man...or a woman, can get enraged at their spouse....and do something stupid like swing at that other person...or use some household device as a makeshift weapon.....a rolling pin?  frying pan...whatever.  If the makeshit weapon is swung, and just a glancing blow occurs that causes no real harm or injury, that doe NOT excuse the action.....but the fact that the victim is not hurt at all or seriously hurt  absolutely affects what the actual charges would be that are brought...and would absolutely affect the punishment that is administered.   In a proper legal setting, that is.    But, as we know, the NFL disciplinary process is basically a kangaroo court....the punishment being based purely on the whim of the person who applies it.   In many or most circumstances there are no guidelines.  Or if there are, they have come by them with great difficulty, and even then, those guidelines may not be adhered to. 

In short, there are little "standards" and it's really just Roger reacting to what the owners want. People forget: His enormous salary ($31. mill a year)  is PAID FOR by the owners and they give him his marching orders, way too many fans think these decisions are all on Roger himself. They are not. He does what the owners tell him to do, trying to make as many as possible happy with him. But the owners love Roger taking the heat  for what they want, and most fans buy into him being the primary decision maker on unpopular policies. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Garrett should have landed on him......and crushed his arse.   I mean....it was like the last play of the game!  What would happen?  Were the Steelers going to score two TDs in 8 second? 

I guess he didn't want to get fined....(how did that work out?)    Another question:  does the league somehow hold it against you if you have multiple roughing the passer penalties?  Did Garrett like not to want to hit some sort of imposed limit on such a thing?

Garret, of course, was talked to about the landing on crap- which has been done for decades..... so Garrett tried desperately to cleanly sack him. Rudolph the Pink-nosed Peabrain threw a hissy fit. I still suspect....doot doot dooooo..... it was planned by the squeaders trashy tomlin.

Who, btw, Kitchens and co. OUTCOACHED hUGELY and KICKED TOMLIN and CO.'s arse.

Ergo, the provocation by the urine stained pukesburg qb again and again until Garrett made his mistake.

Advantage, squealers when they play the Browns in two weeks.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The instigator was the assaulter which would be a consideration.  And Not only did he instigate he pursued Garrett later as Garrett was retreating.  

Did Cribbs mention Garrett’s use of reasonable force the question would be did Garrett use reasonable force to protect himself from round two of the assault?

Garrett was faced with the following:

-two on one fight he was being subdued by one individual and the threat of attack was coming.  Garrett was already assaulted by Rudolph it would be reasonable for Garrett to believe he was going to be assaulted again- he’s justified in protecting himself but The question hinges upon: Was his show of force excessive given the circumstances?  

Being restrained put Garrett at a serious disadvantage when rudolph charged him the last time. Garrett could have gotten an injured eye, broken nose, or his nuts damaged. I wish Garrett had dropped the helmet, grabbed rudolph by the jaw...and head butted him in the nose in self defense. Ok, so... maybe better, grabbed him by the wrist and spun him around like Shirley Temple in an old movie...

9 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You know, l literally typed “it’s not really that funny” but backspaced it. And yes, l do remember when it was funny. I did chuckle at the fainting woman. A latin phrase...

Yea, like most times they pull off a skit that borders on funny (due to something in the news that's funny) you can be rest-assured there won't be anything funny in the remainder of the show. I don't know how it's on the air, I know almost no one who watches it. 

Oh, and the stuff they did on Tebow, back when he was taking Denver by storm, was funny, but rest of shows still sucked. 

Let's see...

4613892_collage_20150806210046892.jpg?1438909711Rudolph, the Sissy Hosed quarterback,

had a Browns-have-your number day....

and even though he girlie-manned,

the facts will not go away.

He has been a real loser stiff,

his own fans wish he'd stay away....

When he played san fran weeks ago,

every football fan can SEE....

his qb rating was 18.1, 

his own fans were really steamed...

he played the Colts, and girlie-manned more...

and qb rated 22.4 !

but when he played our Cleveland Browns,

He sucked to an all time low score....

His qb rating was 13.8 and

his own fans want him out the door.

So at last, at the games' end,

he plotted his revenge.

he got himself cleanly sacked AGAIN, but

blew it up so he wouldn't have to face Garrett again......

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3116407/mason-rudolph

"sigh". Just getting over my cold. That took three minutes of goofiness. I need some more hot tea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

In short, there are little "standards" and it's really just Roger reacting to what the owners want. People forget: His enormous salary ($31. mill a year)  is PAID FOR by the owners and they give him his marching orders, way too many fans think these decisions are all on Roger himself. They are not. He does what the owners tell him to do, trying to make as many as possible happy with him. But the owners love Roger taking the heat  for what they want, and most fans buy into him being the primary decision maker on unpopular policies. 

Well....Jimmy Haslam is an owner.  But it has seemed over the years that he is just sort of a useless appendage as far as the "owner's club" is concerned.  He clearly garners little or no respect whatsoever.  He, and a few others let Jerry  (I'm getting senile) Jones and ....Robert (Here I cum) Kraft dictate everything.  You would think that maybe he would start getting a bit more influence, give that he is moving up the line in terms of seniority among owners:

Green Bay PackersUnited States Green Bay Packers, Inc.41923

Chicago BearsUnited States Virginia Halas McCaskey†‡21983

Dallas CowboysUnited States Jerry Jones1989

Cincinnati BengalsUnited States Mike Brown21991

New England PatriotsUnited States Robert Kraft1994

Philadelphia EaglesUnited States Jeffrey Lurie and Christina Weiss Lurie1994

Indianapolis ColtsUnited States Jim Irsay‡1997

Washington RedskinsUnited States Dan Snyder†1999

New York JetsUnited States Robert Wood Johnson IV5 and Christopher Wold Johnson‡2000

Atlanta FalconsUnited States Arthur Blank12004

Baltimore RavensUnited States Steve Bisciotti12004

Minnesota VikingsGermanyUnited States Zygi Wilf†2005

New York GiantsUnited States John Mara (50%)3 United States Steve Tisch (50%)2005

Kansas City ChiefsUnited States Clark Hunt and siblings‡22006

Miami DolphinsUnited States Stephen M. Ross†2008

San Francisco 49ersUnited States Denise DeBartolo York and Jed York12009

Los Angeles RamsUnited States Stan Kroenke12010

Oakland RaidersUnited States Carol and Mark Davis (mother and son)†‡2011

Cleveland BrownsUnited States Jimmy and Dee Haslam2012

Jacksonville JaguarsPakistanUnited States Shahid Khan2012

Tennessee TitansUnited States Amy Adams Strunk 22013

Buffalo BillsSouth KoreaUnited States Kim and United States Terry Pegula2014

Detroit LionsUnited States Martha Ford[1]2014

Tampa Bay BuccaneersUnited States Bryan Glazer and siblings‡2014

Pittsburgh SteelersUnited States Art Rooney II1,3 (60%) and family (12%)1,2,32017

Carolina PanthersUnited States David Tepper2018

Houston TexansUnited States Janice McNair and family†‡22018

Los Angeles ChargersUnited States Dean Spanos2018

New Orleans SaintsUnited States Gayle Benson2018

Seattle SeahawksUnited States Jody Allen, trustee62018

Arizona CardinalsUnited States Estate of Bill Bidwell62019

Denver BroncosUnited States Joe Ellis, trustee62019

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

...... Another question:  does the league somehow hold it against you if you have multiple roughing the passer penalties?  Did Garrett like not to want to hit some sort of imposed limit on such a thing?

While I doubt they would ever admit it, but I would guess that the current leader(s) of roughing the passer calls would be looked on differently by the league.... especially perennial leaders. 

I do think Myles' harsh penalty is solely because of the optics of his actions..... The NFL just can't have it and there was no way in hell that they weren't going to send a quick and clear message to the rest of the current and future players regardless of his' past roughing the QB calls.

His appeals process should be interesting though, and while I believe and fear otherwise, I hope that he only misses the rest of this year and is then allowed to be at all offseason stuff as well as the start of camp and opening day.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Garret, of course, was talked to about the landing on crap- which has been done for decades..... so Garrett tried desperately to cleanly sack him. Rudolph the Pink-nosed Peabrain threw a hissy fit. I still suspect....doot doot dooooo..... it was planned by the squeaders trashy tomlin.

Who, btw, Kitchens and co. OUTCOACHED hUGELY and KICKED TOMLIN and CO.'s arse.

Ergo, the provocation by the urine stained pukesburg qb again and again until Garrett made his mistake.

Advantage, squealers when they play the Browns in two weeks.

An adult wrote this. A grown-ass adult. 

• Haha 2

What do you think would happen if Myles Garrett went to the Cleveland police and had Mason Rudolph charged with assault for attempting to rip his head off, kicking him and punching him in the groin repeatedly and charging him violently while other huge NFL linemen held Myles?  it might not stick legally (then again maybe it would), but it would be great publicity and possibly great leverage as it is TOTALLY clear he was repeatedly assaulted by Mason Rudolph and everything Myles did was self-defense.  It's all right there on video.  It could possibly force the NFL to back down if the law comes to a completely opposite conclusion from Roger Gooddell.

3 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

What do you think would happen if Myles Garrett went to the Cleveland police and had Mason Rudolph charged with assault for attempting to rip his head off, kicking him and punching him in the groin repeatedly and charging him violently while other huge NFL linemen held Myles?  it might not stick legally (then again maybe it would), but it would be great publicity and possibly great leverage as it is TOTALLY clear he was repeatedly assaulted by Mason Rudolph and everything Myles did was self-defense.  It's all right there on video.  It could possibly force the NFL to back down if the law comes to a completely opposite conclusion from Roger Gooddell.

I somewhat think the reason Rudolph didn't receive a suspension is because the NFL didn't want him to sue Garrett, or hell, maybe the NFL itself. (Not sure how he would sue the NFL, but stupider lawsuits have happened). 

I believe Josh Cribbs has an excellent point - Rudolph has no legal leg to stand on. He was the aggressor, from the beginning...and Garrett could have been injured. Eye, vocal cords, neck, groin. And, Garrett was being restrained at the time, nearly? the entire time as rudoofus assaulted him again. I figure that there is legit merit to a claim of self-defense. The nfl has let steeler "intimidation" get way, way out of hand for way, way too long.

Superbowl $$$$$$$$$$$$$ favoritism, that is what I think.

Perhaps Miles should sue rudolph and get part of his salary back in a lawsuit.

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Browns' Garrett to appeal, taking shot at junk defense

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-garrett-appeal-taking-shot-203246115.html

According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, Garrett intends to argue he was provoked by a shot to the groin from Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph.

No Mary Kay, does he looked scared 🦁

• Thanks 1

perhaps Goodhell and Troy Vincent forgot about this one:

Lanning could have had his neck broken and risk being paralyzed. Eyes/face damaged.

I guess the corrupt nfl thinks a shoe can be used as an assault weapon...by a steeler.......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2747087/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Antonio-Brown-karate-kicks-Cleveland-Browns-Spencer-Lanning-face.html

Luckily for Lanning, his helmet took the brunt of the force and the incident led to a 15-yard penalty for the Cleveland for unnecessary roughness.

The incident brought laughter from the crowd delighting in what appeared to be another mauling in a series full of them.

and do not miss THIS quote by rapistbooger.

"We can't apologise for the way we win,' Roethlisberger said. 'We just have to win games.'"

d9f3df28c9b3d221cb63d18d27959008.jpg

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I believe Josh Cribbs has an excellent point

Look, I'm all into thinking this has become funny, as opposed to tragic. But to think this was some nefarious subterfuge by the Steelers is loco. Tit for tat. Myles didn't need to lay on him, Mason didn't need to grab his face mask and kick him in the nuts, and so on

"Waa waa mommy, but Rudolph started it!"

Had this incident  happened against any team but the Squeelers  I'd bet most of you knuckleheads defending Garrett would probably concede to the fact Garrett was way out of line no matter who or what caused the fight, accept the punishment and declare "next man up"!   But since it was against those hated Squeeler thugs we release an entire different set of emotions that impede our ability to be rational.

These  lame attempts by some  to equate Myles swinging a helmet at someone's head to Harrisons hits or Wards blindside blocks or Browns apparent kick to the facemask during a runback, well, you people just aint right.

Those actions, although illegal, were still within the confines of game...tackling, running, blocking.  Those infractions occurred when football was being played. Trying to inflict harm to another player by swinging a helmet at his unprotected head when the play is over is not football

If you're all gung ho for revenge, then revenge is the hit Ju Ju took, revenge is the blow Randall gave to the other steeler wideout. Both infractions occurring playing the game of football. Both squeelers on concussion protocol.  I must admit I felt a sense of satisfaction. It was payback for what that franchise had coming. But being the civil dude that I am, I still would have preferred those shots to the head to not have happened and kick their asses cleanly.

Did you ever get pissed and amused at the same time? It's how you feel when you hear another Browns joke. You hate it but have to admit it's funny. In the comments under one of those Myles videos was..."Now we know why the Browns logo is a helmet"...which made me right away think of Dwayne Rudd tossing his....geez.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....Jimmy Haslam is an owner.  But it has seemed over the years that he is just sort of a useless appendage as far as the "owner's club" is concerned.  He clearly garners little or no respect whatsoever.  He, and a few others let Jerry  (I'm getting senile) Jones and ....Robert (Here I cum) Kraft dictate everything.  You would think that maybe he would start getting a bit more influence, give that he is moving up the line in terms of seniority among owners:

Mr. Jimmy has to have a few winning seasons to matter.