THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's the problem with this question... it's asking us to come up with the best seasons by some metric we've never heard of or seen. 

Oh, just about everyone on here has seen it, talked about it some.   Don't know what other kind of metric that would be available that you could place all players, regardless of position into the same pot. 

Also, as I said,  doing one of these each day does demand some creativity.   I will try to come up with something more conventional tonight.

I am again going to refer to the Pro Football Reference  Production Average statistic.

According that metric....w  9 players  had THE best/most productive seasons in history with an annual score of  24 or more?   (It only goes back to like 1960...so don't worry about any years before that)

Name those 9 players.  

Putting you all out of your misery.

Answers:

Rolland Lawrence 1977   27

Samari Rolle  2000  27

LaDanian Tomlinson  2006  26

Marshall Faulk   1999  25

Lamar  Jackson  2019  25

OJ Simpson 1975  25

Lem Barney  1969  24

Tom Brady  2007  24

Rod Woodson 1990  24. 

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Oh, just about everyone on here has seen it, talked about it some.   Don't know what other kind of metric that would be available that you could place all players, regardless of position into the same pot. 

Also, as I said,  doing one of these each day does demand some creativity.   I will try to come up with something more conventional tonight.

Oh I bet it does... Not an easy task to come up with something new every day, for sure. 

OK, here is today's Trivia Question.  Far more traditional I suspect.

In the history of the NFL,    10 players have caught  17 or more  TDs in a season.  (note: one player did it 3 times, another did it twice.

Name these  10 players     (Hint:  be mindful of the word  "history")

I'm thinking about favorite receivers and guys I've had on my FLs..... Antonio Gates, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent, TO...

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I will keep this open until tomorrow.  

Seven  (7) names left.

Hints:   One from the 40s,   one from the 50s,  one from the 60s.    4 from the 90s. 

Warfield, Maynard, Clayton, Harold Carmichael, Stokley Carmichael

In the history of the NFL,    10 players have caught  17 or more  TDs in a season.  (note: one player did it 3 times, another did it twice.

Name these  10 players     (Hint:  be mindful of the word  "history")

Answers:

Randy Moss   23  2007,   Also 17 in both1998 and 2003

Jerry Rice  22 1987    also 17 in 1989

Mark Clayton 18   1994

Sterling Sharpe  18  1995

Chris Carter  17 1995

Bill Groman  17  1961  ...Who?  for Houston Oilers in AFL

Rob Gronkowski  17  2011

Elroy Crazy Legs Hirsch   17  1951

Don Hutson  17  1942

Carl Pickens  17  1989

Note:  Braylon Edwards had  16 for the Browns in 2007. 

Here is today's trivia question.  

The Top 25 seasons in terms of Most Passes Completed in a Season  are held by   just   11 QBs.   (so obviously several QBs are on the top 25 list more than once)

Name these   11  QBs.     And to make it easier for you:   Every one of those 25 seasons  has been in this century.  So no need to think about going back too far. 

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Marino, Favre, Brees, Fouts, Brady, Peyton, Moon, Montana. 

Would one be Mayfield as a rookie ?  And maybe Mahomes,  Rodgers, Wilson, Watson ?

It's definitely a passing game now more than ever.

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

Marino, Favre, Brees, Fouts, Brady, Peyton, Moon, Montana. 

Only  Brees and Peyton are correct.   That is right.  Brady is not in there.   And remember what I said:  none before the year 2000...so that would have eliminated Moon and Montana and maybe Marino right there. 

The Top 25 seasons in terms of Most Passes Completed in a Season  are held by   just   11 QBs.   (so obviously several QBs are on the top 25 list more than once)

Name these   11  QBs.     And to make it easier for you:   Every one of those 25 seasons  has been in this century.  So no need to think about going back too far. 

Answers:

Drew Brees has  9 of the 25 total.

Matt Ryan has  4 of the 25

Matt Stafford has 2

Peyton Manning has 2

Ben Roethlisberger has 2

Phillip Rivers has 1

Joe Flacco has 1

Andrew Luck has 1

Kirk Cousins has 1

Tony Romo has 1

Rich Gannon has 1.