THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, not Couch.

I didn't think this would be this hard. 

Wow I was debating on Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo and Luck when I put in my newer quarterback group.

Tricky but not a bad question.

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

I just couldn't resist!😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, dusty said:

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

I just couldn't resist!😁

Post of the YEAR!!

1 hour ago, dusty said:

I just couldn't resist!😁

And the real life version of Ed O'Neal's story, he was at Ursuline HS when my cousin was there and at YSU between my undergraduate and graduate years.  And his early life story:. 

O'Neill was born into an Irish-American Catholic family in Youngstown, Ohio.[4][5] His mother, Ruth Ann (née Quinlan), was a homemaker and social worker, and his father, Edward Phillip O'Neill, was a steel mill worker and truck driver.[6] O'Neill attended Ursuline High School before transferring to Worthington High School and winning a state championship, earning the name Ed O'Winner and winning a football scholarship to Ohio University, where he majored in history, also joining the Mu chapter of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity.[7] O'Neill left Ohio after his sophomore year; he spent more time playing sports and partying than studying,[7] and also feuded with his coach.

He transferred to Youngstown State University, where he was a defensive lineman. While an undergraduate, O'Neill pledged Delta Sigma Phi and was initiated into the Delta Sigma chapter there. Rumors abound that he was an avid partier.[6] O'Neill was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1969 but was cut in training camp.[5][6][8] Later, on Married... with Children, O'Neill played a former high-school football star who had failed to make it big and constantly reminisced about his "glory days" at Polk High ("I once scored four touchdowns in a single game"). As part of this theme, former Pittsburgh Steelers great and Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw also made two guest appearances on the show. Bradshaw also made an appearance in O'Neill's Modern Family. O'Neill worked as a substitute social studies teacher at Ursuline High School before becoming an actor.[6]

CareerEdit

170px-Ed_O%27Neill.jpg
O'Neill in 2010

O'Neill re-enrolled at Youngstown State after being cut by the Steelers and was one of the first students at the school's then-new theater program. In 1979, he played a boxer opposite Danny Aiello in the Broadway play Knockout. It was there that he was seen by director William Friedkin and landed his first movie role, as a police detective in Cruising, starring Al Pacino........

1 hour ago, dusty said:

I just couldn't resist!😁

And I scored  4 TDs in a game when I was in 6th grade in PeeWee League  Football.

Who gives a shit?     Did he do it in an NFL game? 

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And the real life version of Ed O'Neal's story, he was at Ursuline HS when my cousin was there and at YSU between my undergraduate and graduate years.  And his early life story:. 

O'Neill was born into an Irish-American Catholic family in Youngstown, Ohio.[4][5] His mother, Ruth Ann (née Quinlan), was a homemaker and social worker, and his father, Edward Phillip O'Neill, was a steel mill worker and truck driver.[6] O'Neill attended Ursuline High School before transferring to Worthington High School and winning a state championship, earning the name Ed O'Winner and winning a football scholarship to Ohio University, where he majored in history, also joining the Mu chapter of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity.[7] O'Neill left Ohio after his sophomore year; he spent more time playing sports and partying than studying,[7] and also feuded with his coach.

He transferred to Youngstown State University, where he was a defensive lineman. While an undergraduate, O'Neill pledged Delta Sigma Phi and was initiated into the Delta Sigma chapter there. Rumors abound that he was an avid partier.[6] O'Neill was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1969 but was cut in training camp.[5][6][8] Later, on Married... with Children, O'Neill played a former high-school football star who had failed to make it big and constantly reminisced about his "glory days" at Polk High ("I once scored four touchdowns in a single game"). As part of this theme, former Pittsburgh Steelers great and Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw also made two guest appearances on the show. Bradshaw also made an appearance in O'Neill's Modern Family. O'Neill worked as a substitute social studies teacher at Ursuline High School before becoming an actor.[6]

CareerEdit

170px-Ed_O%27Neill.jpg
O'Neill in 2010

O'Neill re-enrolled at Youngstown State after being cut by the Steelers and was one of the first students at the school's then-new theater program. In 1979, he played a boxer opposite Danny Aiello in the Broadway play Knockout. It was there that he was seen by director William Friedkin and landed his first movie role, as a police detective in Cruising, starring Al Pacino........

Was your cousin his gay lover at the time? 

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And I scored  4 TDs in a game when I was in 6th grade in PeeWee League  Football.

Who gives a shit?     Did he do it in an NFL game? 

Lighten up! Poo! Poo!..

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Dub Jones of the 50's Browns....and Gale Sayers had 5 maybe 6 td's in a game? all that comes to mind🤔 I got no clue if they had 2 and plus

Gale Sayers is right.  In addition to the 6 TD game, he also had one more 4 TD game.

Only 18 other names to go. 

I will make it easier for you all.   The list includes these fairly unknown names:

Rick Casares,   Marvin Jones;   Frank Jackson; Abner Haynes ,  Clinton Portis, DeAngelo Williams,  Sterling Sharpe,  Wilbert Montgomery.

That leaves now just some bigger names.....including the guys that did it  3 or more times. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Was this one really that hard?    (Only some of the biggest names in NFL history constitute some of the answers)

Ok there's always Emmitt Smith and that OL, RB LT Ladanian, Sweetness Walter Peyton maybe Eric Dickerson.

In the course of NFL history,   19 players scored   4 TDs in a game on 2 or more occasions.    6 of those did it on 3 or more occasions. 

Name as many of these 19 players as you can. 

Answers:

Jim Brown  did it  6 times.   

LaDanian Tomlinson   5 times

Marshal Faulk    5

Jim Taylor   3

Lenny Moore   3

Shaun Alexander  3

The following did it each twice:   Wilbert Montgomery, Sterling Sharpe, Rick Casares, Priest Holmes, Paul Hornung, Marvin Jones, Jerry Rice, Gale Sayers#, Frank Jackson, Emmit Smith,  DeAngelo Williams, Clinton Portis,  Abner Haynes. 

#  One of Gale Sayers game was a 6 TD game.    Only he and Dub Jones have ever had a 6 TD game.  Dub never had another with 4 or more.  Gale had the one other. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Graham, maybe Starr.

No, neither.  Otto had  14  post season TDs.   (Remember, they only played one single postseason game then.  QBs since then have had to play in 3 , maybe 4 postseason games each year.  Starr played half of his career under the same situation...and the Packers were really a grind it out running attack.

So: hint:   think of some of the most prolific passing offenses in history.