THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

Tampa Bay teams, named for the body of water not the city of Tampa ?

Note: Like my  aunt and uncle who lived in Tampa but actually it was one of the suburbs Temple Terrace which often referred to it Tampa.

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Tampa Bay teams, named for the body of water not the city of Tampa ?

Note: Like my  aunt and uncle who lived in Tampa but actually it was one of the suburbs Temple Terrace which often referred to it Tampa.

The Bucs do play in Tampa, per the map of the city boundaries....but yes, perhaps you could say that they are one of the regionally named teams. Like the Tampa Bay Rays play in St. Petersburg.

But no, that is not the final answer.

Answers: 

Buffalo Bills....play in Orchard Park NY

Dallas Cowboys.....play in Arlington TX

Washington Football Team Formerly Known as the Redskins.....play in Landover MD.

Los Angeles Rams.....now play in Inglewood CA

Los Angeles Chargers .....now play in Inglewood CA

New York Jets.....play in East Rutherford NJ

New York Giants....play in East Rutherford NJ

Miami Dolphins ...play in Miami Gardens Fla.

You forgot the 49ers...which was gotten....Santa Clara CA

And on the final one...I could not have given you any more clues:   I pointed out that the Raiders went ahead on MNF,  and I used silver and black colors to say there is one team left.

The Las Vegas Raiders do not play in Las Vegas....but in Paradise  Nevada.   In fact, FYI, most of the "Las Vegas" strip is in Paradise, not Las Vegas.  The Wynn, the Mirage, Venetian, Caesars, Bellagio, Bally's, MGM, NYNY, Excalibur...all in Paradise, not Las Vegas.  And the new stadium there as well.  

Here is today's Trivia Question:

Name all those NFL teams that have moved to another city during their existence. (By this I do not mean just moved to a suburb near or far or something...or had to move temporarily...but teams that moved to a completely new market of at least  75-100 mile away).   Note:  I count 10 teams.

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here is today's Trivia Question:

Name all those NFL teams that have moved to another city during their existence. (By this I do not mean just moved to a suburb near or far or something...or had to move temporarily...but teams that moved to a completely new market of at least  75-100 mile away).   Note:  I count 9 teams.

San Diego Chargers 

Las Vegas Raiders (Oakland to LA back to Oakland to Vegas)

Los Angeles Rams 

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

San Diego Chargers .....now LA

Las Vegas Raiders (Oakland to LA back to Oakland to Vegas)

Los Angeles Rams 

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans 

Check on all these.  By the way, upon further review, there are at least 10, not 9 teams in this category.  Corrected in the OP.  You got half of them. 

4 minutes ago, cvcanedy said:

Baltimore Ravens

houston Oilers

i feel like the Cardinals didn’t start in AZ..were they St Louis?

NO on the Ravens, they have never moved.   Oilers were included above as Titans, which is their new identity.

Check on Cardinals....and they were in St. Louis, but they didn't start there either. 

2 hours ago, cvcanedy said:

Baltimore Ravens

houston Oilers

i feel like the Cardinals didn’t start in AZ..were they St Louis?

I think so. The Rams have had quite a journey didn't they? From Cleveland, to LA, to St Louis, back to LA. Baltimore Colts, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Oilers,.

6 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Would Cleveland Browns fit this?

NO.

And I cannot believe that some of you are so ill informed on this....as if you didn't live through this. (maybe some of you didn't?)

The Cleveland Browns franchise NEVER left Cleveland.   The Baltimore Ravens franchise NEVER played in Cleveland. Modell move ONLY assets...furniture, jock straps, assigned player contracts......NOT the franchise itself.  The Baltimore Ravens were a new franchise, created by the NFL. The Cleveland Browns franchise was held in trust....and was still operating on a skeleton staff there at the facilities in Berea. Don't you all remember Bill Fuderer.  Bill Fuddyduddy?  He was the trustee appointed by the NFL to manage the Browns while they were on a three year hiatus while the team awaited the appointed a new owner (appointed meaning...purchased by auction), that eventually being Al Lerner.  The franchise...the team per se, never moved.  Only some staff moved. 

If you don't like that truth....too bad. Maybe you could try something else that is impossible, like sucking your own dick.  (I bet you looked and thought about that!)

Name all those NFL teams that have moved to another city during their existence. (By this I do not mean just moved to a suburb near or far or something...or had to move temporarily...but teams that moved to a completely new market of at least  75-100 mile away).   Note:  I count 10 teams.

Answers:

1. Rams, moved from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis back to LA.

2. Chargers.  Moved from LA to San Diego back to LA.

3. Cardinals.  Moved from Chicago to St. Louis to Arizona/Phoenix

4. Chiefs.  Moved from Dallas (as Texans)  to Kansas City as Chiefs

5. Bears.  Moved from Decatur as Staley to Chicago as Bears  (almost 200 miles...even though in same state)

6. Lions.  Moved from Portsmouth Ohio as Spartans to Detroit as Lions

7. Colts. Moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis

8. Titans.  Move from Houston as Oilers to Tennessee as Titans

9. Redskins.  Moved from Boston to Washington

10. Raiders.  Moved from Oakland to LA, and back again, and now to Las Vegas. 

Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Elway, Marino, Unitus, Farve, Kelly

First attempt off the top of my head. I'll see about others as neurons rise from the dead.🙏

EDIT #1:  Aikman (I'd like to add Staubach but he had so many lost years to the Navy first it's hard to be confident there).

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Elway, Marino, Unitus, Farve, Kelly

First attempt off the top of my head. I'll see about others as neurons rise from the dead.🙏

EDIT #1:  Aikman (I'd like to add Staubach but he had so many lost years to the Navy first it's hard to be confident there).

All the ones on the top row there are correct.    But neither Staubach nor Aikman make the list.

10 other names.