THE BROWNS BOARD

AFC Playoff Picture

Zombo

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Glad Shitsburgh lost!

This is starting to feel almost unreal a win tonight on MNF and it will get very real........and exciting !

I only wish there were the crazy full crowds to give it the BROWNS fans feel.

GO BROWNS, 10-3.....baby !

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

This is starting to feel almost unreal a win tonight on MNF and it will get very real........and exciting !

I only wish there were the crazy full crowds to give it the BROWNS fans feel.

GO BROWNS, 10-3.....baby !

This covid situation certainly has dampened what would be a very crazy atmosphere around here otherwise. 

Nevertheless...I think this year may just be the beginning for this team., so that when we put this terrible situation behind us, things will again be out of control. 

To paraphrase Hotel California: 

"We haven't had this feeling here since  1989". 

21 hours ago, Nero said:

Explain yourself. 

Your command of written english is generally at a very high level. Not so in the two posts before I made the sangria comment.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Your command of written english is generally at a very high level. Not so in the two posts before I made the sangria comment.

Ah OK. Surely, in those post I was rewriting some thoughts and it was late night, so shit happens. Thanks for the feedback. 

Heartbreak City, but we must move on ...

Browns remain the #5 Seed and would play at #4 Titans in the first round.

Division hopes take a huge hit, as we now need the Steelers to lose out in addition to us winning out.

The Browns will travel to Jersey to take on the Giants on Sunday Night Football, the Browns are currently 3.5 point favorites.

image.png

This week's games with implications:

1. Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: Bungles are our only hope for a division crown, GO BUNGLES!

2. Jacksonville at Baltimore: Probably gonna be ugly, but GO JAGS!

3. Houston at Indy: Texans look like they have given up, but ... GO TEXANS!

4. Detroit at Tennessee: Starting to look like everyone else is gonna win, so we BETTER. GO LIONS!

5. New England at Miami: Need a solid from our old buddy Bill. GO PATS!

6. Chargers at Vegas: Still trying to avoid any tiebreaker situation with these guys, go CHARGERS!

7. Bills @ Broncos & Chiefs @ Saints: These only matter for seeding purposes should we happen to win the division, so again, GO BENGALS!

Z

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2020 at 7:39 AM, Zombo said:

6. Chargers at Vegas: Still trying to avoid any tiebreaker situation with these guys, go CHARGERS!

Thursday night.  Yes, we would like the Raiders at 7 losses.  That way we can root for them next week against the Dolphins.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:39 AM, Zombo said:

5. New England at Miami: Need a solid from our old buddy Bill. GO PATS!

Bill has not lost to a rookie QB since 2007 IIRC what I heard on ESPN yesterday. So there's hope...

13 hours ago, Orion said:

Thursday night.  Yes, we would like the Raiders at 7 losses.  That way we can root for them next week against the Dolphins.

The Raiders are a huge threat to our playoff hopes and I am saying they win out.  They are struggling but I think Gruden gets them there and the defense may come to life with new coordinator.

If we go 1-2. They are in over us.

The Colts are tied they could go 3-0 but probably 2-1. They would be in over us at 2-1.

The Ratbirds have three cupcakes they are in. 

The Dolphins have an uphill climb. 

We need to win the next two or 10-6 is out of it IMO. I don’t trust steph to lean on our run game with the Steelers to pull that one out. And the Steelers just seem to be more blessed charmed you name it. 

Defense...Can we force a couple punts, maybe get a lucky turnover and trade a TD for a FG...it has come to that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Raiders are a huge threat to our playoff hopes and I am saying they win out.  They are struggling but I think Gruden gets them there and the defense may come to life with new coordinator.

If we go 1-2. They are in over us.

The Colts are tied they could go 3-0 but probably 2-1. They would be in over us at 2-1.

The Ratbirds have three cupcakes they are in. 

The Dolphins have an uphill climb. 

We need to win the next two or 10-6 is out of it IMO. I don’t trust steph to lean on our run game with the Steelers to pull that one out. And the Steelers just seem to be more blessed charmed you name it. 

Defense...Can we force a couple punts, maybe get a lucky turnover and trade a TD for a FG...it has come to that. 

Bingo! Man, you are saving me all sorts of time lately by not having to type. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

This Giants game is the biggest game since December 23, 2007.  Where we needed a win in Cincinnati. 

Yep. Luckily Romeo and DA are not here to screw it up.

Bake and KS got this.

Ward expected back, I'm 100% confident in this game.

Z

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Yep. Luckily Romeo and DA are not here to screw it up.

Bake and KS got this.

Ward expected back, I'm 100% confident in this game.

Z

I'm around 90% Z.  Though We may well face our old pal Colt McCoy at QB, Jones is still gimping through those leg injuries...  OC Garrett has the covid bug so another one of our old pals Freddie Kitchens well be calling the plays for the G-Men.  Starting CB Bradberry is a covid scratch, and Zeitler was limited in practice....  

It's pretty simple- win out and we control our own destiny. Go 2-1 we're probably EDIT: just heard we're definitely in, 1-2 it gets real dicey.... 

17 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Bye Bye Raiders.

Z

Well, not exactly- per the announcers still mathematically alive.  Browns win one more and we don't have to worry about them anymore.... The Rai-durs path to the playoff would entail so many other teams in playoff contention losing out (to lousy teams) -  it's not realistic.  I expect official elimination on Sunday. Browns- Dolphins- Ratbirds win putting them at 10-4,  end of story.

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Well, not exactly- per the announcers still mathematically alive.  Browns win one more and we don't have to worry about them anymore.... The Rai-durs path to the playoff would entail so many other teams in playoff contention losing out (to lousy teams) -  it's not realistic.  

Browns 9-4  #5

Colts 9-4  #6

Miami  8-5 #7

Ravens  8-5 #8

Raiders 7-7  #9

They are certainly still alive for the #7 spot, if Ravens and Fins lose all 3 or 2 of their next 3, they would each be 8-8 or 9-7, which is Raiders win their next two would still put them in position.  I don't know where they would stand re the tiebreakers.   And, in theory...again depending on tiebreakers,  they could catch the Browns and/or Colts even if they were to go 9-7.  I am not going to worry about those tiebreakers right now,  other than to say that they are really only  1 game behind the Browns  when it comes to Conference record, and only a half game behind Colts. 

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Browns 9-4  #5

Colts 9-4  #6

Miami  8-5 #7

Ravens  8-5 #8

Raiders 7-7  #9

They are certainly still alive for the #7 spot, if Ravens and Fins lose all 3 or 2 of their next 3, they would each be 8-8 or 9-7, which is Raiders win their next two would still put them in position.  I don't know where they would stand re the tiebreakers.   And, in theory...again depending on tiebreakers,  they could catch the Browns and/or Colts even if they were to go 9-7.  I am not going to worry about those tiebreakers right now,  other than to say that they are really only  1 game behind the Browns  when it comes to Conference record, and only a half game behind Colts. 

According to CBS- the Dolphins currently have the toughest path (other than the unlikelies) to the playoffs, with Baltimore one game behind them... The Ratbirds have by far the softest schedule left, with their opponents a combined 8-30.  Other than a great disturbance in The Force, they're going to win out. Meaning the Dolphins need to win out, to maintain their lead. (Also means the Browns need to win out too, if they want to keep the #5 seed) 

"For Miami, Buffalo has a two-game lead and currently owns the head-to-head tiebreaker within the AFC East, so that path seems all but lost. The Bills would have to lose out and the Dolphins would have to win out over the final three weeks for Miami to leapfrog over them for the division lead so it's a bit unlikely. To make matters worse for Brian Flores' club, Baltimore's win over the Browns on Monday Night Football put a serious dent in their playoff hopes. Now, there's an even greater emphasis on winning out to maintain that one-game lead over Baltimore. That said, facing the PatriotsRaiders, and Bills isn't exactly the smoothest of roads to go down. "

I can’t see the Raiders or Dolphins in the playoffs - odds not in their favor. RatBirds will win out. Colts and Titans go 2-1, Browns go 2-1 or 3-0. Dolphins go 1-2. I think that gives the wildcard to Ravens, Browns (or Steelers) and Colts (or Titans). But hey, any given Sunday - right?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Frenchie said:

I can’t see the Raiders or Dolphins in the playoffs - odds not in their favor. RatBirds will win out. Colts and Titans go 2-1, Browns go 2-1 or 3-0. Dolphins go 1-2. I think that gives the wildcard to Ravens, Browns (or Steelers) and Colts (or Titans). But hey, any given Sunday - right?

Yep....it is candy ass opponent time for the RFCSs.   Or, could it be also said that the Browns had the same candy ass part of our schedule earlier?

first some assumptions...

Ravens win out and the Browns taking 2 of the next 3- both are probable.

Phins need to drop one of the following  (NE, LV, BUF).

OR 

Colts need to lose one of their next three (they play Pit next week)

OR

Titans need to lose one of their next three (they still have to play at GB.)

If the Phins, Colts and the Titans all win out and we don’t win out. We are out. 

if we go 1-2. Dolphins have to lose two and they could lose two considering what is left. 

Colts and Titans each have a game left where they will be the underdog but they should be clear favorites in the other two.