THE BROWNS BOARD

AFC Playoff Picture

Zombo

Man... remember when PSL were going for dimes on the dollar just a couple seasons ago...

Woulda, shoulda, coulda....

"Not only have they doubled but, Klang says, they jumped another 10% right after Pittsburgh lost to Cincinnati Monday night. Prices are currently running around $409 in the family zone, up to $1,700 for club seating."

https://fox8.com/sports/browns-vs-steelers-game-ticket-prices-just-keep-on-rising/

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Man... remember when PSL were going for dimes on the dollar just a couple seasons ago...

Woulda, shoulda, coulda....

"Not only have they doubled but, Klang says, they jumped another 10% right after Pittsburgh lost to Cincinnati Monday night. Prices are currently running around $409 in the family zone, up to $1,700 for club seating."

https://fox8.com/sports/browns-vs-steelers-game-ticket-prices-just-keep-on-rising/

One hell of a year to roll our season tickets into 2021 Tour...  :(  I've mentioned to Gipper- I'm willing to sit in my Man Cave- or Bob's- for the week 17 game. OTOH- Browns win out and Steelers lose out- gonna be an entirely different critter. My last live Browns Playoff game was Bernie's double OT win against the Jets, 1986 was the year I believe.

There's going to be some hellacious howling from us season ticket members if they would so much as dare even think about letting the Johnny come latelies  jump the line for playoff tickets. if there's 12,000 tickets, It should by all rights go to the season ticket guys getting asked first- based on seniority. I'm not confident even our 39 years worth will put us high up on the totem pole to score a couple tickets to a potential playoff game.  

Finally, the week 16 playoff scenarios in nausing detail.. :)  

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-playoff-clinching-scenarios-for-week-16-of-2020-season

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-playoff-clinching-scenarios-for-week-16-of-2020-season

Holy cow, too many permutations to contemplate. Think I'll wait until we bet the Jets to figure it all out.🤔

On 12/21/2020 at 8:17 AM, Zombo said:

According to the NY Times Simulator, if we beat the Jets and the Titans lose to GB our chances are 99%, but not a clinch. So there must be a scenario where we could still be out somehow.

But I should have included that as one of the games with implications, go Packers!

Zombo

Not sure if it has been answered, or even if it applies here, but consider this:

There is a rule that 3 teams from the same division can't be in the playoffs.  Say we beat the Jets, then lose to the Steelers and finish 11- 5.  Say the Ravens finish 11-5.

They would hold the tie breaker with us.  If the Steeler are 11-5 and beat us, they hold the tie breaker with us, or outright win the division.  Either way, any tie breakers we might hold over the Titans, or any team, or for that matter, any team with a worse record, us being the 3rd team in the division would leave us out of the playoffs.  The only way to lock a playoff spot is to win the division, at least without other teams losing, even if we end up with a better record.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

One hell of a year to roll our season tickets into 2021 Tour...  :(  I've mentioned to Gipper- I'm willing to sit in my Man Cave- or Bob's- for the week 17 game. OTOH- Browns win out and Steelers lose out- gonna be an entirely different critter. My last live Browns Playoff game was Bernie's double OT win against the Jets, 1986 was the year I believe.

There's going to be some hellacious howling from us season ticket members if they would so much as dare even think about letting the Johnny come latelies  jump the line for playoff tickets. if there's 12,000 tickets, It should by all rights go to the season ticket guys getting asked first- based on seniority. I'm not confident even our 39 years worth will put us high up on the totem pole to score a couple tickets to a potential playoff game.  

Seems I heard the first to get a shot at playoff tickets will be to people who didn't roll their seats.  Probably the right thing to do.  They are the ones who have been going to the games this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Not sure if it has been answered, or even if it applies here, but consider this:

There is a rule that 3 teams from the same division can't be in the playoffs.  Say we beat the Jets, then lose to the Steelers and finish 11- 5.  Say the Ravens finish 11-5.

They would hold the tie breaker with us.  If the Steeler are 11-5 and beat us, they hold the tie breaker with us, or outright win the division.  Either way, any tie breakers we might hold over the Titans, or any team, or for that matter, any team with a worse record, us being the 3rd team in the division would leave us out of the playoffs.  The only way to lock a playoff spot is to win the division, at least without other teams losing, even if we end up with a better record.

No such rule anymore Ballpeen. 

You are correct regarding the division tiebreakers. 

The Browns 4-0 record vs the NFC East is great. The 6-4 AFC record presently is the factor/problem with tiebreakers, particularly in a 3 team or more tiebreaker. 

Just get in baby, lol.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Seems I heard the first to get a shot at playoff tickets will be to people who didn't roll their seats.  Probably the right thing to do.  They are the ones who have been going to the games this year.  I am not sure how many people didn't opt out, but it had to be more than the seats allowed.  Seems that for this season, the johnny come lately crowd will be the ones who opted out.

Think about it

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

That seems like Horseshit.     Also....for those years that there have bee 3 teams in the same division.....did that rule really apply? 

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Holy cow, too many permutations to contemplate. Think I'll wait until we bet the Jets to figure it all out.🤔

I know that we can sit back and hopefully watch the Raiders hopefully  take out the Dolphins on Saturday.    But for some reason I would not predict that happening.  Dolphins are playing well.

Their coach,  Brian Flores, could be  Stefanski's main competition for Coach of the Year.

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I know that we can sit back and hopefully watch the Raiders hopefully  take out the Dolphins on Saturday.    But for some reason I would not predict that happening.  Dolphins are playing well.

Their coach,  Brian Flores, could be  Stefanski's main competition for Coach of the Year.

Dolphins did not play well this past Sunday.  The Pats had no energy were plagued by dumb mistakes and looked checked out- yet the game was up for grabs at the start of the 4th.

The bigger problem in this game the Raiders will have Mariota playing and their defense is awful.  

But maybe we see short week cross country Dolphins show up to a lesser degree and maybe some of their playmakers are still out (geiski, Parker, etc.).  The Raiders are still in the hunt. 

i just checked the Dolphins injury report- they are beat up badly.  Lots of questions with key players coming into Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

No such rule anymore Ballpeen. 

You are correct regarding the division tiebreakers. 

The Browns 4-0 record vs the NFC East is great. The 6-4 AFC record presently is the factor/problem with tiebreakers, particularly in a 3 team or more tiebreaker. 

Just get in baby, lol.

Right Bob. I'm pretty sure in a three or more way tie, the first tiebreaker is if one team has beaten all the others, or lost to all the others.  That's either in, or you're out. Then it gets complicated.  Our main problem at 11-5 is the stinking Ratbirds own the head to head tiebreaker over us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

There are several teams, not just the  Browns hoping for a Miami loss. Though it wasn't in the NFL site a Dolphin loss + a Baltimore win may put the Ratbirds in.  So hope they BOTH lose. :)

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Right Bob. I'm pretty sure in a three or more way tie, the first tiebreaker is if one team has beaten all the others, or lost to all the others.  That's either in, or you're out. Then it gets complicated.  Our main problem at 11-5 is the stinking Ratbirds own the head to head tiebreaker over us. 

Hate to quote myself- but I'm wrong. If there's two teams from the same division in a three way tie, the Division tiebreaker gets applied first.  at 11-5 the Ravens beat us twice...  Meaning in that scenario, there had better not be any other team that finishes 11-5.  

The solution is simple. Win out.  Or beat the Jets and hope the Dolphins and Ratbirds have at least one loss in them in the games they have left... We could take a Colts loss too, but if they lose to the Steelers, Browns can't win the Division.  At 12-4 Steelers then get nod on better Division record, 4-2 Browns 3-3.   

Losing to the Ravens really, really hurt in the playoff chase....  

So let me understand this,  if Colts beat Steelers and Dolphins and Ravens win out, we will just assume Titans win south...Browns will be playing a game where a win makes them division champs and the Ravens are out....or we lose to Steelers and we are out and the Ravens are in....my god....have mercy on our souls if the Browns should lose

1 hour ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

So let me understand this,  if Colts beat Steelers and Dolphins and Ravens win out, we will just assume Titans win south...Browns will be playing a game where a win makes them division champs and the Ravens are out....or we lose to Steelers and we are out and the Ravens are in....my god....have mercy on our souls if the Browns should lose

Let's just root for the Raiders on Saturday before our blood pressure goes through the roof.

And then beat the Jets.

Zombo

3 hours ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

Correct.

I hope we are flexed to 4:25ET start for Browns Steelers. By that time the Bills may have taken care of business against the Dolphins (probably the most likely of outcomes)