THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

Soju

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

mayfield opposing coaches.jpg

Tomlin isnt as bright as you think he is... I happen to think hes one of the dumbest coaches in the league... Ben covers a lot of his dumb snafus...

I recall the Ravens vs Dolphins Monday night game.

The Fins blitzed Lamar Jackson nearly every snap.

The results?  Through 3 quarters LJ put 3 points on the board, and he ran for only 39 yards.

9 hours ago, nickers said:

Tomlin isnt as bright as you think he is... I happen to think hes one of the dumbest coaches in the league... Ben covers a lot of his dumb snafus...

You think a black head coach is dumb.

There's a shocker. 

For clarification sake's - I just found that meme on a Browns board on FB, I didn't write any of it. 

But I think there's some truth to it. 

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I recall the Ravens vs Dolphins Monday night game.

The Fins blitzed Lamar Jackson nearly every snap.

The results?  Through 3 quarters LJ put 3 points on the board, and he ran for only 39 yards.

Quarterbacks who struggle to stand in the pocket, read defenses and make smart, accurate passes eventually get figured out. 

This applies to a supreme athlete like Jackson, or an athletically mediocre, short QB like Mayfield. 

10 hours ago, nickers said:

The only issue is, the rumored design of the defensive coaching staff echoes my sentiments and film review.  It's not that Baker can't*, he's just very hit and miss with it.  Especially on post snap shifts.   Mayfield tends to spray the ball into zone coverage on straight drops.  

Brady Quinn was notorious for that same thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Quarterbacks who struggle to stand in the pocket, read defenses and make smart, accurate passes eventually get figured out. 

This applies to a supreme athlete like Jackson, or an athletically mediocre, short QB like Mayfield. 

Yep, which ruffles the feathers of the Lamar Jackson worshippers.

I know he was League MVP, but yet again so was RG III.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You think a black head coach is dumb.

There's a shocker. 

For clarification sake's - I just found that meme on a Browns board on FB, I didn't write any of it. 

But I think there's some truth to it. 

Here again... You assumed WRONG... I thought Tony Dungy was excellent... I also think Todd Bowles is pretty good too... Eric Bienemy has made a strong case for himself as well... I thought Hue was a good hire and we see how that turned out... There are some dumb white HC's in the league.. Remember Pat Shurmer?He's about as dumb as they come...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Here again... You assumed WRONG... I thought Tony Dungy was excellent... I also think Todd Bowles is pretty good too... Eric Bienemy has made a strong case for himself as well... I thought Hue was a good hire and we see how that turned out... There are some dumb white HC's in the league.. Remember Pat Shurmer?He's about as dumb as they come...

Tomlin and Dumb? I wish that was the case and it’s a weird way to describe a Super Bowl winning coach that has winning record year after year and has shown rare longevity with a franchise that demands success. 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:10 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Tomlin and Dumb? I wish that was the case and it’s a weird way to describe a Super Bowl winning coach that has winning record year after year and has shown rare longevity with a franchise that demands success. 

Ever since Tomlin tried to trip a Ravens player I have had 0 respect for him... He's a CHUMP!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, nickers said:

Ever since Tomlin tried to trip a Ravens player I have had 0 respect for him... He's a CHUMP!

An NFL Classic! !      :lol: