THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson survey

Westside Steve

10 hours ago, nickers said:

Remember... Watson was the QB that demanded the staff replace white coaches and players with all black ones

Watson advocated for... Eric Bienemy as HC to replace the dumpster fire who was Bill O'Brien. 

Watson didn't say anything about the need to fire OBrien because that was quite obvious.

Mahomes first spoke up for Bienemy to Watson, and Watson relayed that to Texans org.. who responded by not interviewing Bienemy, choosing instead such luminaries as high school coach Josh McCown.

Incidentally, Deshaun Watson also advocated to keep his white OC Tim Kelly.  The Texans currently employ someone named Pep Hamilton.

Just now, Unsympathetic said:

Watson advocated for... Eric Bienemy as HC to replace the dumpster fire who was Bill O'Brien. 

Watson didn't say anything about the need to fire OBrien because that was quite obvious.

And just to be clear about the sequence.. Mahomes first spoke up for Bienemy to Watson, and Watson relayed that to Texans org.. who responded by not interviewing Bienemy, choosing instead such luminaries as high school coach Josh McCown.

Incidentally, Deshaun Watson also advocated to keep his white OC Tim Kelly.  The Texans currently employ someone named Pep Hamilton.

Just to be fair.. I think Bienemy should get a shot... I think hes a great play caller...

Unquestionably A. 

But please don't use the term conviction. That confuses people into thinking there was a high standard to meet. The correct term is indictment. The Grand Jury indictment is THE EASIEST standard to meet of ALL legal proceedings.  As someone eloquently put it, "you can indict a ham sandwich." The fact that a grand jury said their 12 strongest cases were baseless, speaks volumes.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

In reply to the thread, it's none of my business.  If Watson wins a Super Bowl title in Cleveland, all will be well. I was pissed when LeBron left but it didn't matter when he won a title in Cleveland, it was water under the bridge. Two grand jury's electing not to indict him is telling. I just hope he is worth every penny they paid for him. Because if he's not, he will never play in the NFL again with all that money being guaranteed. Meaning if the Browns cut ties after one or two years.

On 3/26/2022 at 1:25 PM, hoorta said:

Watson wasn't the only one who wanted out Z. When you have a future HOFer with impeccable character like JJ Watt head for the exit, sort of tells you the Texans organization is FUBAR.  

DeAndre Hopkins as well...

One as yet unnamed Texan "brass" responsible for the catastrofuck was Bill O'Brian. IMO most responsible of all. Now just another pruned limb off the BB Coaching tree.

As for the OP... what's done is done. My adding another equally uninformed opinion would add nothing. Let the courts do their thing and hope DW and the Browns do theirs.

On 3/27/2022 at 9:24 PM, nickers said:

Just to be fair.. I think Bienemy should get a shot... I think hes a great play caller...

Well Watson has already proved himself to be a team cancer when he wants control the coaching staff. Wait until Stefanski pisses him off and he demands he be fired.

WSS

• Upvote 3

On 4/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, Westside Steve said:

Well Watson has already proved himself to be a team cancer when he wants control the coaching staff. Wait until Stefanski pisses him off and he demands he be fired.

WSS

Yeah because he's not Black enough..

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yeah because he's not Black enough..

Post a link for all of us of an article saying that Watson wanted all his white coaches fired in Houston and replaced with black coaches. 

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Post a link for all of us of an article saying that Watson wanted all his white coaches fired in Houston and replaced with black coaches. 

One day later, still waiting... 

On 3/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Can’t vote as I don’t know enough about what happened. It’s what I was saying to people before he was dealt here… we have unsubstantiated reports as evidence. No one knows. No need to jump off the ship until there’s evidence enough to do so. Does it seem icky? You bet. Does it also come across as suspect? Yeah, honestly. Kinda.

Yeah you can.  No one knows enough about what happened.

The objective of the thread is to take a guess.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:23 AM, darren15 said:

All these people wanting Watson lynched are probably the same people who wanted the central park 5 executed. Look what happened there. Lets wait until he is convicted first or a court decides he did what was alleged before he is condemned. USA is like the UK Guilty until proven innocent. Everyone hating on the Browns because Watson chose us ....I hope the hate of those people also stretches out to New Orleans, Atlanta and Carolina ..... or are they exempt now because he chose to come to a better team ?

The "same people"? I doubt it. That was 33 years ago.

Yeah "poor Browns". Your "woe is me" attitude has put you out of touch with reality ...Jealousy has little to do with it.

Everyone is hating on the Browns not because Watson chose us, but because the Browns chose Watson. 

It was pretty much established that whoever chose the sexual deviant was gonna be met with intense scrutiny.

• Upvote 1

They are disgusted. Like many other fans, I have said the same kind of thing. I just can't go on caring about a team

that has done this garbage. Grand jury - doesn't take sides - it goes by evidence - and hearsay on both sides isn't it.

Does not mean that he is innocent. - and his track record is a disgrace.

22 -- may very well be true. The red line has been crossed. I'm proud of Jim Thome and his Wife. If you never stand for something, you stand for nothing. It's time for people who care to stand up.

If it were any other team, I'd be just as disgusted. I just can't make excuses for the browns' stupidity and lack of integrity.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/28/jim-thorne-wife-cancels-browns-season-tickets-after-deshaun-watson-trade

Jim Thome’s Wife Says Family is Canceling Browns Season Tickets After Deshaun Watson Trade

'

Andrea Thome, the wife of former Cleveland baseball player Jim Thome, announced on Twitter that her family canceled their season tickets for Browns games Friday after the team introduced quarterback Deshaun Watson.

“Officially cancelled our Browns season tickets today and asked for a refund as they were paid in full,” she said in the tweet. “Very sad after 40 years as a fan, but this is my line in the sand. I believe women. Especially when there are 22 of them. That press conference did nothing to change my mind.”   '

On 3/26/2022 at 6:43 AM, Westside Steve said:

Everybody has an opinion. And honestly none of us know what happened for sure. Do you believe:

A all of these women are lying or exaggerating looking for a quick buck. No conviction equals no problem.

B some of them are lying (enough to disqualify the whole case) and jumped on the bandwagon. No conviction but still troublesome. Itsit

C he probably went over the line but it wasn't forcible rape so boys will be boys.

D he did it and should face the consequences.

F something else

WSS

That was March 26 it's now April 9 and this thing appears to be gaining steam right up to the 2022 NFL Draft,  great timing. 

I think it's still a combination of B C D F but as time goes on even that might shake out some.

It looks like a great show for NETFLIX or maybe some MA movie.   Stay tuned, he's only the Cleveland BROWNS  starting quarterback......maybe. 

43 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I just saw that too.  So Cal where does it stop.....or does it ?

I really don't know. Maybe it just won't end. I have friends who have said what I've decided and felt, before they knew how I felt about it. I was in the grocery store the other day, and a guy was wearing his browns jacket - I asked him what he thought about that trade - he said he only wore his jacket because it was cold - he was going to sell it at a garage sale. I said we could donate our brown garb to a Ukrainian relief fund, and his Wife said that was a great idea. Seems that the number of folks disgusted is greater than a few here and there. No more stupid mock drafts anymore from me.

On 4/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, Kvoethe said:

He may not see the field...maybe ever.  All the guaranteed money...browns are toast.  I cannot fathom the stupidity.

Just a gut feeling; it will be swept  under  the  rug as best as can be. I don't think the other owners want to destroy one of their own especially for doing something that they'd at the very least considered doing themselves. And probably would if the situation would have been different.

Number two The Players Association would be loathe to turn their backs on one of their own. How many cases of "there but for the grace of God" might there be?

If I were a soccer fan I'd be interested to see how it plays out without having any personal involvement, but it's hard to remain indifferent as a Browns fan.

A lot of celebrities have lost their entire careers for a lot less.

And frankly I can't say with certainty if Justice was done in any of those cases one way or the other.

WSS

Browns fans rightly upset after team announces Deshaun ...

Browns fans are calling out the team left and right for the Deshaun Watson trade. What has people angry with the team is that they know there are still legal steps to be taken for Watson.

Browns fans jump off the bandwagon after Deshaun Watson trade

Cleveland Browns fans seek out new teams to support after Browns trade for Deshaun Watson. Ultimately, criminal charges weren't filed against Watson, but plenty of people are still critical of ...

Cleveland Browns fans who were livid about the Deshaun ...

All the fans I talked to were women, all of them upset with the idea of a Watson trade. This isn't to insinuate that all fans thought this way. Those who wanted Watson in Cleveland deserve a ...

Some Browns fans angered by trade - PressReader

KEN BLAZE/USA TODAY SPORTS The Browns' trade for quarterbac­k Deshaun Watson has some fans vowing that they will stop supporting the team. Watson DAVID RICHARD/US PRESSWIRE Some Browns fans are upset with the decision of team owners Jimmy Haslam, seen here posing for photos in the Dawg Pound, and Dee Haslam to trade for Texans quarterbac­k ...