THE BROWNS BOARD

2022 NFL Draft: Day 2

Dutch Oven

Guys that could be on our draft slots tonight:

WR David Bell Purdue, WR George Pickens UGA, WR John Metchie III Bama, WR Christian Watson ND State 

LB Nakobe Dean UGA

DE Cameron Thomas SDST, DE DeMarvin Leal TAM, OLB Nik Bonitto Oklahoma, David Ojabo Up North

DT Travis Jones Conn, DT  Logan Hall, DT Phidarian Mathis Bama

C Dohnovan West Arizona, Nick Ford Utah, Cam Jurgens Nebraska

RT Daniel Faalele Minn, Darian Kinnard UK

TE Trey McBride Colorado State, Greg Dulcich UCLA

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’d probably add… 
Jackson DE USC (I think the browns like this guy)

Moore WR WMU

Worthy of note - thank you! 

One guy I forgot was WR Skyy Moore Western Mich,  I actually like him better than a guy I listed (Christian Watson)

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

One guy I forgot was WR Skyy Moore Western Mich,  I actually like him better than a guy I listed (Christian Watson)

I think it was posted on the forum last month but Christian Watson drop rate is pretty alarming…didn’t we do this before with   Greg Little and Corey Coleman. 

Jalen Pitre S Baylor one to watch too.  He’s everything we don’t have back at safety.  Ballhawk and a hitter 

Travis Jones makes a lot to sense.  

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think it was posted on the forum last month but Christian Watson drop rate is pretty alarming…didn’t we do this before with   Greg Little and Corey Coleman. 

Travis Jones makes a lot to sense.  

Yep, 13%  even if you're a high volume target that's too damn alarming.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Watson to Watson would be hilarious!

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Yep, 13%  even if you're a high volume target that's too damn alarming.

since that drop rate post, C. Watson dropped like a brick... I still thought GB may take a reach at him last night

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Watson to Watson would be hilarious!

Better than the Cleveland Classic Phipps to Pitts ?    :huh: 

...... stay tuned and find out tonight on a TV near you. 

From the 1972 classic 50 years ago, will there be a 2022 Cleveland Classic this year  ?

Browns 21, Chargers 17, Nov. 13, 1972 at San Diego..... 50 years ago !

Mike Phipps’ 38-yard touchdown pass to Frank Pitts with 41 seconds left gave the Browns this Monday Night Football triumph.

Phipps, who had replaced accomplished but bad-kneed Bill Nelsen one game into the season, hit Pitts in stride in the end zone along the right sideline as the Browns notched their fourth of six straight wins.....

...... The Browns finished 10-4, one game behind the first-place Steelers in the Central Division, but good enough to earn the AFC’s lone wild card playoff berth. Cleveland lost its playoff game at Miami, 20-14. The Browns led 14-13 in the fourth quarter, but couldn’t hold off the Dolphins, who went on to win the Super Bowl and complete their famed 17-0 overall season record.

Edited by mjp28
  • Thanks 1

Man! I finally started to compile a list..

but note... nobody should know the Clowney deal more than A.Berry...David Ojabo's talent can't be questioned( best DE left on board).. when he can play is..(Bills FA Hughes/others is another play)

As of what this fan knows? OJabo sits a top such list..  

1) D. Ojobo EDGE  Ravens #45

2) G.Pickens  WR  Steeler #52

3) T. Jones DT

4) D. Leal DT

5) P. Winfrey DT

6) Skyy Moore WR  KC# 54

7) J. Paschal EDGE  Lions #46

8.) D. Jackson EDGE

9.) L. Hall DL TB #33

10.) C.Watson WR GB #34

Mafe & Mathis are to Berry old... hopes of S N.Cross & TE Greg Dulcich getting to us in the 3rd..( RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, syd said:

doesnt watson have a fair amount of drops ?

Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

Watson is an enigma to me Flugs. Missed 3 games with a hammy last year and tore knee cartlidge in 2019. Very high ceiling guy who could be a great scheme fit with our running game. He doesn't track the deep ball well, though, kinda like watching Schwartz apparently. I wouldn't be upset if we took him,, but won't cry if we don't or he is already gone.

"A more likely outcome is that he uses the spring and summer to bulk up to around 215 pounds and emerges as his new team's primary deep threat by the end of next season. While his drop rate is a concern (13.3 percent career, 10.4 in 2021), teams are going to hit by taking insanely athletic players who love the game much more often than they miss."

"Best Scheme Fit: As a complementary receiver in a run-heavy offense that utilizes a lot of play-action deep shots.

Best Team Fit(s): Bears, Browns, Commanders, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons, Giants, Lions, Packers, Saints"

• Thanks 1

Our Biggest Needs:

DT. Our starters are weak

TE. Only two decent ones on the roster, only one signed for next year.

WR. Deep class, we may still be able to find a guy that would be one of our Top 3.

OT. Conklin gone after this year, Browns may be hunting for his replacement tonight.

Those are the four positions I would look at the hardest with our three picks tonight.

As for DE, I assume Clowney will re-sign, so with Winovich, we'll have a good rotation there, could find a day 3 guy that is talented but rough around the edges, or dip into that pool next year.

As for LB, for as little we utilize them, they are day 3 picks for us. We'll also look at DBs and special teamers on Day 3.

As for C, I think Nick Harris is expected to win that, and if not, we have a starter-quality backup option.

We have silly talent at QB, RB and G ... street fas only there.

Z

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Can't see him getting past da Bearce.

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Man! I finally started to compile a list..

but note... nobody should know the Clowney deal more than A.Berry...David Ojabo's talent can't be questioned( best DE left on board).. when he can play is..(Bills FA Hughes/others is another play)

As of what this fan knows? OJabo sits a top such list..  

1) D. Ojobo EDGE

2) G.Pickens  WR

3) T. Jones DT

4) D. Leal DT

5) P. Winfrey DT

6) Skyy Moore WR

7) J. Paschal EDGE

8.) D. Jackson EDGE

9.) L. Hall DL

10.) C.Watson WR

Mafe & Mathis are to Berry old... hopes of S N.Cross & TE Greg Dulcich getting to us in the 3rd..( RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

Nuh uh, people said no Ojabo 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

26 year old starter Is a 3-time Pro Bowler whose last season was 70% comp, 4800+ yards, and a passer rating of 112.

We have one of the top backups in the league.

He have a veteran 3rd stringer.

Do you feel this is a draft need, Cal?

Z

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

not me..🤓

flipped on a few games of Nakobe Dean.. really wish the dude was bigger than Anthony Walker..Dean plays much faster...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/nfl-dawgs/nakobe-dean-2022-nfl-draft-first-round-georgia-football/HEZACF633VFS7OUIBSM4QR3F5Q/

I really want Ojabo just to get to us.. Berry said something about rookies missing a season of their rookie contract.. No better place to find out than at pick #44? I really think he wasn't showing his cards.. stay tuned BLue..    

• Like 1

From Friday's Yahoo Sports a lot of comments from a crazy day 1 in the NFL Draft and it looks like more to come......

Screenshot_2022-04-29_175549.jpg

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

26 year old starter Is a 3-time Pro Bowler whose last season was 70% comp, 4800+ yards, and a passer rating of 112.

We have one of the top backups in the league.

He have a veteran 3rd stringer.

Do you feel this is a draft need, Cal?

Z

Well, sir, I would have, but the Browns stepped in deep stuff, you know that is what I think. It may come back to bite them bigtime. I would never have given even one first round draft pick for seriously compromised sleazy? goods. That is just me.

Sure, he can play. but... their record that year was 4-12. Sleazy? was sacked 49 times, Baker 43, many/most while trying to play with a broken shoulder. It's a disaster to me - I don't see where 3 first round valuable draft picks and all that guaranteed money was worth it. Should have let Baker start this year, improved the wr position in the first round? and signed Dobbs and the other guy. Yes, the texans oline was below par, but his receivers were not. At least he had someone open to throw to more of the time.

Seriously, the next THREE YEARS, the Browns won't have a first round draft pick. and they traded it all for a qb who was 4-12 his last year starting. It just won't be worth my time to watch the Browns games this coming season, that's all. If I'm out on the tractor, in the garden, I might listen to a game if sleazy doesn't play. Just don't care that much anymore. It was a stupid, sleazy trade. It sleazy? gets the Browns into the playoffs etc, I will be happy for the Browns fans who this trade hasn't alienated. but that isn't me, that's all.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Understood....but can't we teach him how to concentrate on the ball or something?   I mean, ya can't teach tall, fast and jump high...

I'd spend/waste (who really knows here and now?) my 2nd round pick on him.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Can you sell the pick?  He played opposite of Hutchinson…didn’t hear about that much until this year.

I didn’t like the DPJ pick so I’m shutting my mouth when talking about skunk bears.  I’m in timeout. 

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Understood....but can't we teach him how to concentrate on the ball or something?   I mean, ya can't teach tall, fast and jump high...

Just like Corey Coleman and Greg Little (known issues) were teachable.   I want two of the three this early…blazer, hands and route running 

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I want two of the three this early…blazer, hands and route running 

I really want a receiver.  And Skyy is a smurf to me.  The run on them in round 1 sucked big time.  I wish we knew for sure one way or the other on Landry.

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm very intrigued by WR Alec Pierce of Cincinnati, and lo and behold, ESPN is talking about him now. 

Jurevicius Part 2.  He had a nice career.

I don’t see jordy Nelson though he had a better top gear 

Having said that Pierce ran a 4.41 honestly I’m shocked he doesn’t look like he plays that fast 

• Upvote 1