THE BROWNS BOARD

2022 NFL Draft: Day 2

Dutch Oven

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Two things.

- The Baker to CAR rumors were squashed last night when they took Matt Corral. 

- Whoever propagated and believed the "ThE StEeLeRs WiLl PiCk Up BaKeR iF hE's CuT" .... you're retarded.      That is a coaching staff that has actively talked shit on his abilities as a QB both on and off the field.   I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but if I had, I'm just reminding you and Kenny Pickett was the proof.

Actually Mitch Trubisky's 2 year contract was the proof.  They already took a 1st round QB that didn't get a 2nd contract with his 1st team.  I think Pickett is an ideal pick for a team needing a new QB at slot #20 overall.  Unless, of course, we listen to the same people that tried to say Joe Burrow's hands were too tiny to succeed.

Tell you what though, if Carolina was offering to pay SOME of Baker's salary to make a trade with the Browns while other teams will just wait until after the Browns eat it. Then they sign him at humbled prices - shame on the FO.

I'm gonna hold off on celebrating Watson's arrival until I know how long Roger Godcomplex let's us know the length of Watson's suspension. Watching this team blow off round 2 for more picks  that where the biggest hope is depth only - in lieu of adding Travis Jones has me worried how much people are overrating areas of this defense.

We've spent so much draft and FA attention the last 2-3 years on Corners and Safeties that we're willing to forfeit stopping the run between the tackles.  Then we drafted a DE that the majority of this league views as Undrafted FA only.  

Going into round 4, it looks like we only added WR David Bell to get excited about.  Who's gonna start at Center and RT?   Who's gonna start at both DT spots and LDE?  Who's gonna kick FGs and punt?  

I'm hoping today changes my outlook...

• Upvote 1

Re:  David Bell

Body control and smooth footwork.  Need to work on being a bit stronger up top, but he wins contested balls a lot and his ability to adjust to throws looks big time.

4.7% drop rate.  Can't stress enough how damn nice it is to see this staff value hands.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The Nick Cross thing still bothers me.  This team really could have used two safeties with matching skill sets on the backend (Cross & Johnny J)    Watching Emerson now, and I see the talent.  I just also don't see the need for THAT high + immediate fit.  If you wanted a tall corner, you had one on roster that has shown promise - AJ Green.    

No thoughts on Wright of yet, I'll get around to him and all the picks at some point.

I’m feeling a little better about the pick (Emerson) and The immediate fit will be 2023 when Hill and Greedy are gone. We are going to need a seasoned #3/#4 in 2023…Hopefully he uses 2022 to get acclimated to the NFL game.  

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Man! I finally started to compile a list.. 

1) D. Ojobo EDGE  Ravens #45

2) G.Pickens  WR  Steeler #52

3) T. Jones DT   Ravens  #76*

4) D. Leal DT   Steeler  #84*

5) P. Winfrey DT ** Browns #108**

6) Skyy Moore WR  KC# 54

7) J. Paschal EDGE  Lions #46

8.) D. Jackson EDGE 9'er #61

9.) L. Hall DL TB #33

10.) C.Watson WR GB #34

Mafe (#40 Seahawks) & Mathis (#47 Washington) are to Berry old...

hopes of S N.Cross(Colts #96) & TE Greg Dulcich (#80 Denver) getting to us in the 3rd..

(RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

The pick is in....CB Martin Emerson Mississippi St. #68

The pick is in... Edge Alex Wright   UAB   #78

The pick is in... WR David Bell    Purdue   #99

The pick is in... DT Perrion Winfrey   #108

The pick is in... K 🎊 Cade York  #124

The pick is in... RB Jerome Ford  #156

The pick is in... WR  Michael Woods II   #202

The pick is in... Edge Isaiah Thomas  #223

Final pick is in... C Dawson Deaton  #246 

NFL pick Tracker  https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/1/1/2022

beginning picks? 44/ 78*/ 99*/ 118/ 202*/ 223*/ 246*

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Man! I finally started to compile a list.. 

1) D. Ojobo EDGE  Ravens #45

2) G.Pickens  WR  Steeler #52

3) T. Jones DT   Ravens  #76*

4) D. Leal DT   Steeler  #84*

5) P. Winfrey DT ** Browns #108**

6) Skyy Moore WR  KC# 54

7) J. Paschal EDGE  Lions #46

8.) D. Jackson EDGE 9'er #61

9.) L. Hall DL TB #33

10.) C.Watson WR GB #34

Mafe (#40 Seahawks) & Mathis (#47 Washington) are to Berry old...

hopes of S N.Cross(Colts #96) & TE Greg Dulcich (#80 Denver) getting to us in the 3rd..

(RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

The pick is in....CB Martin Emerson Mississippi St. #68

The pick is in... Edge Alex Wright   UAB   #78

The pick is in... WR David Bell    Purdue   #99

The pick is in... DT Perrion Winfrey   #108

That Winfrey pick has me feeling better about DT.  D Jeremiah said he was the last high rated DT he had.  Phew!  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m feeling a little better about the pick (Emerson) and The immediate fit will be 2023 when Hill and Greedy are gone. We are going to need a seasoned #3/#4 in 2023…Hopefully he uses 2022 to get acclimated to the NFL game.  

That's depth insurance for 2022 also.  Anyone want to put an over\under on how many games our $20 million corner Hospital Ward is going to miss?    

55 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's depth insurance for 2022 also.  Anyone want to put an over\under on how many games our $20 million corner Hospital Ward is going to miss?    

7.5   under

Did someone really share a video of Alex Wright going offsides and endorsing him with "Offsides yes but this shows he's got some bend."   Yeah, I haven't seen a bend like that since Reese Witherspoon's "bend and snap" in Legally Blonde.  

Unfortunately rolling the dice on this late round prospect in round 3 meant we gift wrapped a DT (Travis Jones) to the Ravens. He could have not only started here; but would have helped strengthen the biggest weak spot in our defense (the interior).  Instead, we have wait 2-3 years to see if Wright develops into somebody that can help us.  I really hope I'm wrong about that. I'd love to break out the pom poms, cartwheels and back flips for every pick; but we gotta keep it real.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

All this tweet did was further prove that not every voice on the internet needs to be heard. 

Some people will post really dumb shit in an attempt to make a point. 

Yes, it was a joke.

• Upvote 2

PFF 2021 All-SEC Grades

• Emerson 3rd team with Elam
  • York 1st team K

Browns.com analysis

• Alex Wright was apparently a consensus target throughout the FO.. That's who they wanted.  He was a WR and a double-double basketball PF in high school who had offers to play college football as a TE.
  • Bell couldn't be happier to be a Brown
  • When was the last time we were psyched for day 3 picks?  It's been a while..
  • "Were you worried York wasn't going to be around in the 5th round? Yes.. You've got to have a good K"
  • Greedy is on his last year of his rookie deal -- if he has a great year, Emerson will replace him in 2023. Also AJ Green's last year on his rookie deal.
  • Oklahoma had Winfrey and the DL running a lot of stunts and rotating every 3 plays with backups -- that's why his  and the team's numbers were down in 2021 and why we may have a round4 steal

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

I may have missed it, but what do you think of Alex Wright? Thanks in advance.

Doing my film watching in reverse, going to finish up watching Deaton at some point tomorrow then moving on.  I'll tag you when I get through with Wright.

On 5/1/2022 at 12:14 PM, Flugel said:

Did someone really share a video of Alex Wright going offsides and endorsing him with "Offsides yes but this shows he's got some bend."   Yeah, I haven't seen a bend like that since Reese Witherspoon's "bend and snap" in Legally Blonde.  

Unfortunately rolling the dice on this late round prospect in round 3 meant we gift wrapped a DT (Travis Jones) to the Ravens. He could have not only started here; but would have helped strengthen the biggest weak spot in our defense (the interior).  Instead, we have wait 2-3 years to see if Wright develops into somebody that can help us.  I really hope I'm wrong about that. I'd love to break out the pom poms, cartwheels and back flips for every pick; but we gotta keep it real.

Berry's flaw might be he is too loyal to his picks.  That or he and the team don't understand what a DT is supposed to do.

I think the team thinks we need Aaron Donald.  Well no shit?!  Too bad guys like that only come around about every 15 years.  Give me a big goof like the Goose was for the Ravens.  He didn't do anything but eat up 2 blockers and allow Ray Lewis to make about 150 tackles a year.

• Upvote 1