THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈 Official Preseason Game Thread: Browns at Jaguars.

Dutch Oven

17 minutes ago, Browns57 said:

Remember when the Browns couldn't get a draft pick right? It seems like they have fixed that problem. Looks like we made some really good decisions again this year in the draft. It is really nice to see the draft picks making big plays in the first preseason game.

And while the next two seasons will have no first rounders, I believe the Browns already have 8 or 9 picks for the 2023 Draft.

• Like 1

That was nice !  What are they reviewing  ?  Nothing.  BROWNS UP double digits. 

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And while the next two seasons will have no first rounders, I believe the Browns already have 8 or 9 picks for the 2023 Draft.

I really was not concerned with what they gave up because they have proven they can trade and add picks and find value. It is the only way a team can build a winning team year in and year out. We are also stacked with talent I really think the only pieces we need over the next few years will be another true #1 receiver, o-line and d-line.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GuNNerGatSKi said:

Jerome Ford is a tank. Emerson looks like a great pick for our secondary. We can definitely say our 2s and 3s are putting together a much more promising debut than our 1s. It’s a long season. My only question is how do we cram all this RB talent onto the roster/field?! Would hate to lose any of them!

Chubb, Hunt, Johnson and Ford makes for a very crowded RB room. 

Perhaps the Browns see if anyone (Seattle?) might be interested in taking Hunt off their hands. I know we'd love to keep him, but they have to start watching the cap eventually, and you draft guys like Ford to replace older vets like Hunt. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’ll tell you this much, kudos to this coaching staff for getting schemes and dudes who can run the damn football. When you consider Kelly was essentially a fifth option, it’s incredible how fluid the run game looks when it’s firing no matter who is in the backfield. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GuNNerGatSKi said:

Jerome Ford is a tank. Emerson looks like a great pick for our secondary. We can definitely say our 2s and 3s are putting together a much more promising debut than our 1s. It’s a long season. My only question is how do we cram all this RB talent onto the roster/field?! Would hate to lose any of them!

I think the answer is we trade Kareem Hunt. He has the name and the highest salary other than Chubb. Trade him now so you can keep somebody else. And I like Hunt.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Browns57 said:

I think the answer is we trade Kareem Hunt. He has the name and the highest salary other than Chubb. Trade him now so you can keep somebody else. And I like Hunt.

As much as we love Hunt, getting someone to trade for a 7.5 million 27 year old RB with an injury history isn’t that easy. I’m not sure the cap implications of cutting the guy, but for now his best value is running for Cleveland. It’s very likely we will need as many healthy Rbs as we can get this year.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Very good hands by Baldwin on that one. 

Yeah! Let Watson see that guy.. and our rookie WR Woods & Schwartz could be on the bubble

Just now, jrb12711 said:

As much as we love Hunt, getting someone to trade for a 7.5 million 27 year old RB with an injury history isn’t that easy. I’m not sure the cap implications of cutting the guy, but for now his best value is running for Cleveland. It’s very likely we will need as many healthy Rbs as we can get this year.

You think they would keep all four? I'm trying to remember if they had four RBs active for games last season, I keep thinking they only ran with three. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

I don't mind if he stays, but the best bet would be a trade if we can get it. If somebody's top back, or top 3rd down back goes down I think it is a simple trade. He only has a one year deal. I would rather keep more young talent at a position of extreme depth. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

You think they would keep all four? I'm trying to remember if they had four RBs active for games last season, I keep thinking they only ran with three. 

3, a fullback and then practice squad backs if needed to activate.

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If Watson gets suspended all year? Man you’d think so. I didn’t catch any of the game until the second half so I’m not sure if and how Felton looked as that WR/RB option. But if it’s Brissett out there all year I’m fine having that depth on game day. 

LOVE the hustle from the 2's and 3's.

Re: Kareem.  He's the biggest trade piece the Browns have.  And given our lack of depth, plus the overall youth at IDL, picks + players in a trade for Hunt isn't out of the question.

Wonder if Bravvion Roy survives cuts in Carolina? They have a pretty deep group.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

LOVE the hustle from the 2's and 3's.

they were good.. I thought the I.Thomas & Rochell sack changed the defensive mo'jo..  Dobb's played well too..

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

see box in mid link..https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Cleveland-Browns-Practice-Squad-Preview-Prediction-190542960/#190542960_1

• Like 1