THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

10 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Don't like my opinion? Fuck off. Don't like Deshaun only got 6 games? Fuck off. You want to root for Baker? Become a Carolina Panthers fan. Again, you and everyone who participates in group think to convict on quantity are part of the #MeToo crap. 

Six games isn't a lot of money when the Browns are only paying him $1 million this year. 🤣

ah, the old "fo" when your argument gets shown for what it is - wrong. I don't care about your opinion - except that I showed it was wrong. Go back and read - I SAID "fair enough punishment". and, btw, both sides of the issue supporting and not supporting dw can be called "groupthink". You don't make much common sense on the issue.

54 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

YEP.

You are not getting it. What part of "integrity" don't you understand? Not only did he do all the 66? women thing, he LIED to the Browns, to the public.....

He was not railroaded, he deserved to be suspended for the lies, and the whole bunch of crap he put on himself, the Browns and the NFL.

He lost his integrity hugely, and the browns are the laughingstock of the NFL. But there are a lot of terrific players with CHARACTER and INTEGRITY on the browns - they deserve to win. I actually hope they do win, except for the first game of course, with Baker starting, lol, and then I hope they lose every game watson plays in.

Just call it "poetic justice".

6 games - is a lot of meney, a lot of playing time lost. Fair enough punishment.

First, I'll agree with you that 6 games is fair, and gives the League some justification that outright sleaze is a no-no. However, I'd like to think Watson wasn't having sex with all 60 or so of his accusers. More than 1\2 the women weren't even interested in being part of Busbee's civil suit. To the point one essentially said "call me back anytime".

Except for the Final Four "rub"- pun intended- enough $$$ on their indignation from Watson and the Texans, and it all went away right? Apparently the holdouts asking price is a bit higher. Details will all come out in the wash, er court- this comming spring if it's not settled by then. Court TV is salivating at the prospect.  :)

Finally, though it looks bad, real bad now- this will all fade into the mists of time. Some may remember (I had to look up the date) of the Vikings infamous Love Boat orgy in 2005. I'll hazard a guess very few in the long run turned in their fan cards over it. 

Watson IMHO has a chance to prove he's learned his lesson, and fly right from now on. His bank account is a lot lighter because of it. Another screw up and he's toast.

EDIT: I saw in the other thread three out of the four holdouts have reached an "undisclosed" financial settlement. 24 down, one to go. My bet is take the money and run lady.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Someone hug Charlie Weiss (if you can get your arms around him). I haven’t seen or heard him this upset since powerhouse U Kansas let him go.  He spent the greater part of 45 minutes on NFL radio whining away.  Him and his parter just gave their representation of the facts. 

he’s upset too for teams like the Ravens and Bengals that need to give their QB Guaranteed money now.   Outrageous if you ask me.  Tee Higgins may not be a Bengal in a couple years now. 

😆 I lost a mouth-full of water on that Charlie Weiss comment!

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I wonder if the slap was on the throwing or non throwing wrist?

🙄

WSS

I'm betting DW hoped for the ass. 

• Haha 3

Great day for true Browns fans. Nearly all the commentators are ignoring the NFL's own rule book on punishment guidelines. He was not charged with an offence so he can only be disciplined 4-8 games. If Gooddell challenges this he'll be humiliated by the NFLPA.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He and the NFL PA already said they would accept her decision and not appeal. Now it's up to the commish to not be a hypocrite vis a vis punishment to owners for conduct unbecoming.

It would look real bad for Goodell to agree with the NFLPA on having an independent arbitrator hear disciplinary cases, and then right out of the gate say- six games isn't enough.  

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Great day for true Browns fans. Nearly all the commentators are ignoring the NFL's own rule book on punishment guidelines. He was not charged with an offence so he can only be disciplined 4-8 games. If Gooddell challenges this he'll be humiliated by the NFLPA.

I wouldn't call enabling a Sexual Predator a great day... However, For the sake of the team... I hope he learns his lesson and does well for us... I'm not a huge LBJ fan... But he came back and did what was asked of him... And we got our first Larry O'Brien...

• Upvote 1

Not to bring a somber note into all of this... I just wonder how Gipper would've thought about this and approached it with his years of experience on the bench... Would've been great to hear his take on this...

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It's working out way better than I thought it would.  You've been predicting this all along so great job with that!

First six games... Panthers (A), Jets (H), Steelers (H), Falcons (A), Chargers (H), Patriots (H). 

Then the fun starts with Watson's first game back on the road against the Ravens. 

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It would look real bad for Goodell to agree with the NFLPA on having an independent arbitrator hear disciplinary cases, and then right out of the gate say- six games isn't enough.  

Maybe he'll drop it down to four. 🤗💃

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, nickers said:

Not to bring a somber note into all of this... I just wonder how Gipper would've thought about this and approached it with his years of experience on the bench... Would've been great to hear his take on this...

For starters, I think he would accepted the arbitrators version of the facts over the Media and the Court of Public Opinions version of the facts.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I wouldn't call enabling a Sexual Predator a great day... However, For the sake of the team... I hope he learns his lesson and does well for us... I'm not a huge LBJ fan... But he came back and did what was asked of him... And we got our first Larry O'Brien...

He lost 6 game checks how is that enabling him? How much did the Texans lose proportionately given that they were the real enablers? All professional sports are tainted, occasionally the mask slips off to expose the darkness that it really underlies it let's not fool ourselves.

It is important to let this play out.

Things to note:

The owners are not subject to the CBA which this falls under.

The gambler is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

The PED user is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

The ball deflator is not subject to the Person Conduct Policy which this falls under.

All those comparisons are not applicable in this instance.

However, all of those comparisons are applicable in the court of public opinion.

The MOST notable legitimate comparisons are Big Ben (1 accusation - 6 games) and Zeke Elliot (1 accusation - 6 games)

Sue Robinson's quote "Egregious misconduct"

I think this will be upped by 2-6 games and he will be fined and he will be required to attend counseling (which he should do regardless).

The NFL won't want to look weak, but will not want this drawn out all season again.  So they won't go for the full season, but they will increase it. But not by so much as to draw appeals from the NFLPA.

8-12 games.

IMHO

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

First six games... Panthers (A), Jets (H), Steelers (H), Falcons (A), Chargers (H), Patriots (H). 

Then the fun starts with Watson's first game back on the road against the Ravens. 

Some of the women's groups are not happy or satisfied with this ruling in this case or the NFL's stance on penalties involving the treatment of women. 

This might  not be 100% over involving some of the women involved in this and other cases.

We'll see what if anything happens next.   

• Haha 1

I keep hearing and see the number of allegations as the basis for a longer suspension.

Why didn’t the Grand Jury hear all 25 allegations?

More importantly, Why did the NFLs disciplinary hearing only start with 5 cases and actually ended up taking into account just 4? This is the kind of question that may solicit an answer that the Court of Public Opinion may not want to hear. 

Let’s just keep eating up the headlines and bold print on this one and not ask the tough questions. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Something I'd also like to point out, those home games - ALL AFC matchups.   

That's huge for this team.

53 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

He lost 6 game checks how is that enabling him? How much did the Texans lose proportionately given that they were the real enablers? All professional sports are tainted, occasionally the mask slips off to expose the darkness that it really underlies it let's not fool ourselves.

What makes you think he'll stop doing these "sessions" ?... He very well could've gotten a year and deserved it... They gained 3 1st rnd draft picks and an albatross off their necks... The only difference now is the magnifying glass increased 10x's

For the guys playing the 'well he was already suspended for a year in texas' card, I don't believe he was suspended. I believe he sat out because he was demanding a trade. I don't know exactly what that has to do with his unhappiness with some of the coaching or front office hires.

For what it's worth.

WSS

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Sounds like the NFL wants to limit who’s performing the “rub-n-tug” on our franchise QB. 😂🤣

C18AF17F-78BC-447E-9FB2-54F9BF0975E5.jpeg

Well that ends DW's massage sessions if the NFL club approved therapists are all males.

Although I was surprised to learn that the majority of massage therapists were indeed women.

“Seventy percent of spa-goers are female, and there are more female therapists, so it makes sense that this would be the preference,” she said. Indeed, 85 percent of massage therapists in the United States are women, according to the American Massage Therapy Association. But culture and nationality also play a role"

2 hours ago, crstphr2 said:

It is important to let this play out.

Things to note:

The owners are not subject to the CBA which this falls under.

The gambler is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

The PED user is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

The ball deflator is not subject to the Person Conduct Policy which this falls under.

All those comparisons are not applicable in this instance.

However, all of those comparisons are applicable in the court of public opinion.

The MOST notable legitimate comparisons are Big Ben (1 accusation - 6 games) and Zeke Elliot (1 accusation - 6 games)

Sue Robinson's quote "Egregious misconduct"

I think this will be upped by 2-6 games and he will be fined and he will be required to attend counseling (which he should do regardless).

The NFL won't want to look weak, but will not want this drawn out all season again.  So they won't go for the full season, but they will increase it. But not by so much as to draw appeals from the NFLPA.

8-12 games.

IMHO

No fkg way.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

For the guys playing the 'well he was already suspended for a year in texas' card, I don't believe he was suspended. I believe he sat out because he was demanding a trade. I don't know exactly what that has to do with his unhappiness with some of the coaching or front office hires.

For what it's worth.

WSS

Correct and it obviously didn’t diminish his earning capacity. He was on what was essentially Paid Leave. 

I read the entire 13-14 page ruling I’m doing some work now but I wanted to share some thoughts on it. 

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

It's working out way better than I thought it would.  You've been predicting this all along so great job with that!

Thanks. I just read the ruling too.  Kind of surprised by it as it appears she listened very well to the NFLs version of the facts but the Judge wasn’t too impressed with the personal conduct policy how it was written and how it’s been applied.  

it’s being reported on ESPN and NFL Radio. “ It is 6 for now” as if the media will stir things up and force Rogers hand 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I see four teams that can beat themselves even if we aren’t functioning well.

1 team that we can bludgeon between the tackles. 

and 1 team that is extremely well coached and probably not going to make a lot of mistakes.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Some of the women's groups are not happy or satisfied with this ruling

Sorry.  Maybe they'd be happier if it was a guy that made the ruling.

• Upvote 1