THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

16 minutes ago, FY56 said:

And two different outcomes.

A civil case involves no prison time, only compensation to the plaintiff.

No Doubt. And at this point it's a public relations  issue anyway. Losing one or more of the civil cases after denying everything could bother a few people. Maybe not Nike but who knows? 😄

WSS

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Because the bar is set much lower in a civil case. If every one of those civil cases came to court you never know what will happen. Preponderance rather than Reasonable Doubt. That's all.

WSS

The Grand jury has nothing to do with Civil Proceedings.  Mixing these two creates head scratching 

Other than that yes, yes and yes on your post 

16 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Grand jury has nothing to do with Civil Proceedings.  Mixing these two creates head scratching 

Other than that yes, yes and yes on your post 

And as recent as a week ago I heard talk radio idiots who clearly don't know the difference between criminal and civil proceedings. "But even the lawyer for the women says Watson committed no crime" is the common take.

You can still cause harm to others without it being a crime you morons.

Depending on the circumstances an auto accident that causes harm to another can either be classified as a civil or criminal case.

19 minutes ago, FY56 said:

You are in some serious denial if you deny Watson was up to no good.

Only seeking out female therapists? How many were there, 66, 24? 

C'mon man!

I think he's now a "fabulously wealthy" class A  nutjob who can throw a football very far......oh and the Cleveland Browns are married to him for the near and far future. 

Broken record stuff now.   Any thing new here ?

AND the soap opera continues......

GO BROWNS  !

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I think he's now a "fabulously wealthy" class A  nutjob who can throw a football very far......oh and the Cleveland Browns are married to him for the near and far future. 

Broken record stuff now.   Any thing new here ?

AND the soap opera continues......

GO BROWNS  !

No, nothing new...for most of us I presume.

8 hours ago, FY56 said:

And two different outcomes.

A civil case involves no prison time, only compensation to the plaintiff.

Yes, I am well aware of the legal system.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FY56 said:

And as recent as a week ago I heard talk radio idiots who clearly don't know the difference between criminal and civil proceedings. "But even the lawyer for the women says Watson committed no crime" is the common take.

You can still cause harm to others without it being a crime you morons.

Depending on the circumstances an auto accident that causes harm to another can either be classified as a civil or criminal case.

Go figure The talking media m”asses” educating the populace on the legal system.

Sure can fleeing the scene, stolen cars  DUIs, street racing, etc.  My wife works in insurance. 

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

Geeezzz I wonder how long that might take ?   I hope this whole thing doesn't encroach into OJ  numbers. 

I'm not keeping score but how long has this been going now, just curious and in about  17+ days  now coaches will be putting real players on the field to play against other teams.

I for one can't wait.   GO BROWNS  !

Preseason games :

• Week 1: at Jacksonville Jaguars, Aug. 12 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Week 2: vs. Philadelphia Eagles, Aug. 21 at 1 p.m. ET
  • Week 3: vs. Chicago Bears, Aug. 27 at 7 p.m. ET
Edited by mjp28

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

Good , He can go play for the CFL...

On 7/17/2022 at 5:46 AM, ballpeen said:

All the women had to do was stop the session.  They didn't.

21 hours ago, FY56 said:

C'mon man!

Like Ballpeen already pointed out, the accusers were happy to continue the session, receive payment, and in some cases even asked for new appointments. Then they miraculously changed their minds when a lawyer close to the Texans' owner offers to sue to get them a payday. Who is being 'up to no good' here, really? The accusers look worse than the accusee.

22 hours ago, FY56 said:

C'mon man!

Lemme get this straight. I assume you are a guy, but you prefer another guy to be massaging your whole body? OK.🤣

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Like Ballpeen already pointed out, the accusers were happy to continue the session, receive payment, and in some cases even asked for new appointments. Then they miraculously changed their minds when a lawyer close to the Texans' owner offers to sue to get them a payday. Who is being 'up to no good' here, really? The accusers look worse than the accusee.

Not necessarily...  This dude has mental problems... He could've been smart about it and kept it in team facilities which means to me he had alterior motives that involved more than just your local massage therapy... Don't be stupid...

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

Not necessarily...  This dude has mental problems... He could've been smart about it and kept it in team facilities which means to me he had alterior motives that involved more than just your local massage therapy... Don't be stupid...

I suppose if they had ended the session, he would have sued them for racial discrimination.

just sayin...watson is a stinking plague on the browns. If the browns had any integrity, if watson "sues" the nfl, the nfl should sue him right back for not telling the truth about his extensive activities.

the dolphins were just a little smarter, dammit. they didn't go for it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Yep.

No way he's got a $230 million  guaranteed easy money contract from his friends in Cleveland. 

Why would he want to play for anyone and risk injury especially in that strange CFL brand of football. 

DW has it made right where he's at.   How he wants to stay in "football shape"  is up to him.

Watson loves Cleveland.   :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

No way he's got a $230 million  guaranteed easy money contract from his friends in Cleveland. 

Why would he want to play for anyone and risk injury especially in that strange CFL brand of football. 

DW has it made right where he's at.   How he wants to stay in "football shape"  is up to him.

Watson loves Cleveland.   :lol:

dammit, you are right.

9 hours ago, nickers said:

hey look everyone nickers is a psychologist now  BWAAAHHHHHHHH

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, syd said:

hey look everyone nickers is a psychologist now  BWAAAHHHHHHHH

And your still an asshole...

17 minutes ago, syd said:

assholes live for ever at least i do not pretend to be something i am not 

so suck it professor

Grow up!

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I suppose if they had ended the session, he would have sued them for racial discrimination.

just sayin...watson is a stinking plague on the browns. If the browns had any integrity, if watson "sues" the nfl, the nfl should sue him right back for not telling the truth about his extensive activities.

the dolphins were just a little smarter, dammit. they didn't go for it.

cal bringing up race again, and nickers liking it. 

22 pages of gold, I tell ya! 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

cal bringing up race again, and nickers liking it. 

22 pages of gold, I tell ya! 😉

Just for the record you don't think race plays any part in the Watson saga? Do you think the support among the black players and the Players Association would be as strong if the 'morally challenged' quarterback (or any position) in question were white? I'm not asking you for any virtue signaling just asking you if you think it matters?

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record you don't think race plays any part in the Watson saga? Do you think the support among the black players and the Players Association would be as strong if the 'morally challenged' quarterback (or any position) in question were white? I'm not asking you for any virtue signaling just asking you if you think it matters?

WSS

We are supposed to keep politics off this page, per management.