THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

On 7/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, Westside Steve said:

Or don't read it if it offends you so. I don't find it offensive nor do I see any reason to lock it. The only purpose to the thread is whatever tiny incremental updates there are on the situation that's probably the most challenging to the upcoming bronze season of any.

WSS

I don't think you'd hurt many feelings if you put this thread to sleep Steve...😴

my guess being the honorable judge sue robinson is taking this long is the amount of games he will get (unless its zero there cant be a appeal ) so what ever the games she recommends either the nflpa or the nfl will appeal and this shit could go on till september

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, syd said:

my guess

Who knows...she might have already given her verdict to Roger GoToHell and he's taking HIS sweet time.  (he likes to do that as I recall from Josh Gordon)  Or he told her, NO, go back and rethink that until you come up with a longer suspension.  My understanding is that Roger can approve or over rule her decision.  

31 minutes ago, Orion said:

Who knows...she might have already given her verdict to Roger GoToHell and he's taking HIS sweet time.  (he likes to do that as I recall from Josh Gordon)  Or he told her, NO, go back and rethink that until you come up with a longer suspension.  My understanding is that Roger can approve or over rule her decision.  

After dropping the decision in her lap it would be a bad look for the NFL to try to overrule her decision. Anybody have any idea of her track record of decisions before this?

This decision could wind up having wide-ranging effect on the entire me too movement in which accusations can deep six anybody.

WSS

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Anybody have any idea of her track record of decisions before this?

Isn't this her first decision?  So there's no track record.

~~~●  page 24  ●~~~

deshawn watson legal issues

Nothing much new until the judge says something...... and we wait, I guess.  It's Wednesday July 26.

Guardians Game 97, on this day in major league baseball. 

And we wait on the judge.                 Steve ?                 -_-

36 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

~~~●  page 24  ●~~~

deshawn watson legal issues

Nothing much new until the judge says something...... and we wait, I guess.  It's Wednesday July 26.

Guardians Game 97, on this day in major league baseball. 

And we wait on the judge.                 Steve ?                 -_-

FUCK the TARDIANS!

2 hours ago, Orion said:

nflpa would sue the hell out of godell if that happened(what ever her findings it is public domain) and the only way godell can not appeal is if she says 0 games 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

After dropping the decision in her lap it would be a bad look for the NFL to try to overrule her decision. Anybody have any idea of her track record of decisions before this?

This decision could wind up having wide-ranging effect on the entire me too movement in which accusations can deep six anybody.

WSS

https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2022/06/who-is-sue-l-robinson-the-retired-federal-judge-hearing-the-deshaun-watson-disciplinary-case.html?outputType=amp

I posted this a few weeks ago. Like any decent Judge committed to ensuring “due process” which I think is important here given the media smear job 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2022/06/who-is-sue-l-robinson-the-retired-federal-judge-hearing-the-deshaun-watson-disciplinary-case.html?outputType=amp

I posted this a few weeks ago. Like any decent Judge committed to ensuring “due process” which I think is important here given the media smear job 

In a perfect world of course. Just curious because there's a paper trail that is scrutinized whenever someone is nominated to the Supreme Court for example. By the way smear job? What in particular would the smear job be?

WSS

30 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

In a perfect world of course. Just curious because there's a paper trail that is scrutinized whenever someone is nominated to the Supreme Court for example. By the way smear job? What in particular would the smear job be?

WSS

Pick a ruling.   Some group will be incited.  Later it will be the center of an agenda so either the candidate or the party wilts

The problem here is there are 6 sides to satisfy...

1) the angry fans that hate him

2) the angry fans that love and support DW

3) the women who feel offended

4) the team that gave a kings ransom for him (The Clownz)

5) The NFL and the Browns who would desperately like to generate income from his star power...

6) And DW himself...

That's a lot for Judge Robinson to take in and deal with... While I don't envy her position... I wish the damn Lady would render a decision so everyone can get on with their football lives....

^^^ Lucky #7^^^ Time was on her side 🕛

It's about to get ugly...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/22/nfl-will-have-to-deal-its-treatment-of-owners-in-all-future-personal-conduct-policy-cases-against-players/

Oversight Committee for Daniel Snyder to testify. With the deposition of Commanders owner Daniel Snyder set to commence on Thursday at 8:00 a.m.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/28/house-oversight-committee-reports-that-dan-snyder-will-provide-full-and-complete-testimony-on-thursday/

10 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Pick a ruling.   Some group will be incited.  Later it will be the center of an agenda so either the candidate or the party wilts

Sorry I just don't see enough to give me a good idea of which way she might lean in this particular issue. Doesn't matter but I am curious.

WSS

Well Mike Florio missed his guess. It wasn't by last Friday. Nor was it Monday before the start of training camp. Plus no matter how she rules, the Commish can make it whatever he wants since he did not get locked in by the deal made with the Players Association. What a way to run a railroad (job).🧐

15 hours ago, syd said:

as i said unless the judge sez o games or the nfl and nflpa can come to terms on games Watson vs baker in sep

I believe that the NFLPA and NFL Inc. will do anything to keep that joint money machine NFL  🏈  football  moving happily along.  The two sides drink out of the same enormous $$$$$  well.

I don't believe after the winter, spring and summer (so far)  of all of this noise that we will see a   -0- game   suspension 8 i imagine is still on the table.   But 17 games I don't know. 

Edited by mjp28

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Sorry I just don't see enough to give me a good idea of which way she might lean in this particular issue. Doesn't matter but I am curious.

WSS

Oh yes.  As long as deshawn-watson-legal-issues  keeps moving along it's still a sports and more page 1 story.

If you're a Cleveland BROWNS fan it's very much a page 1 story. 

SO,  GO ......

images (7).jpeg

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That won't work he's facing downward. Unless of course that's the anal massage portion of the service.

WSS 

Well rumour has it DW likes toy massages in his poop chute!... So theres that...