THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Gets his Coach Fired!!!

I can only surmise Tom is being sarcastic and reverting back to his trolling days.  Yeah, Baker is on fire allright, here's his picture...  that 75 QBR is usually a quick trip to getting benched, probably the worst of any starting NFL QB.  Only thing saving him down Carolina way is Sam Darnold is probably even worse... 

Dumpster Fire | Know Your Meme

Nice write up on ol'  #6 .    Surprised anyone ?   And he's no rookie,  maybe he is just getting ready for his exit from all of this Sunday hittin' business.    A  #29 Week 4 ranking ?   Ouch.

Maybe the Cleveland fans got to see. " the best of Baker "  afterall.       :lol:

Screenshot_2022-10-03_190532.jpg

And what goes between. Jared Goff  and Marcus Mariota ?   You  guessed right !  

And who's   #1  &  #2 ?    Right,   who cares.   

....... edit, I took a peak   #1  through  #15  are some good quarterbacks.   But we're  2-2  with  #29.  Just think for a minute  BROWNS  4-0 IF ONLY....  

Yeah you got that one too.  

Screenshot_2022-10-03_193521.jpg

Edited by mjp28

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

And since you asked.....well somebody had to be worse, how about that  HOU  stud !

Screenshot_2022-10-03_192220.jpg

I wuz wrong... Justin Fields legitimately deserves his #32 starting quarterback ranking... His QBR is a stunningly bad 58.  Mills at least is up in the 80s, playing on a bad team.   

Today from SI  today .....  

A rough start to the Baker Mayfield era continued for the Panthers in Week 4 as fans unleashed their frustrations late in Sunday’s 26–16 loss to the Cardinals.

Panthers supporters inside Bank of America Stadium showered Mayfield and his offense with boos after Cardinals defensive tackle Zach Allen tipped a pass on fourth-and-3 with 9:13 remaining in the game. The fifth-year quarterback helmed another stagnant effort to begin his Panthers tenure, finishing 22-of-36 for 197 yards and one touchdown with two interceptions and one lost fumble.

After the game, Mayfield acknowledged the disgruntled fanbase’s response to Carolina’s third loss through four weeks and had a bold message for those who have something to say about the club’s early-season performance.

“Obviously, I’m frustrated with the fact that we’re 1–3. We’re four weeks into the year. We can sit here and let you guys pile on us or we’re gonna come together as a locker room,” Mayfield said, via WCNC’s Nick Carboni. “I don’t really care about the fact that our fans are booing or what’s going on. We’re going to figure it out and when we win it’ll still be just us in the locker room and that’s really all I care about so we’re gonna be just fine.”

When asked if the boos impacted him, Mayfield fired back with an interesting reference to the Panthers’ series following the boos: a nine-play, 74-yard TD drive capped by a 13-yard pass to Christian McCaffrey --->    continued on SI --->

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/10/03/baker-mayfield-responds-fans-booing-panthers-vs-cardinals

The offensive line is playing pitifully. I think it was three 3rd and one plays, they could not gain much of an inch. I won't dump on their new LT - he has played against some very good players - but they are out of sync in a very bad way.

But they are not playing as poorly as Baker and the wr's in the passing game.

I mean, MCcaffrey was only 27 rushing yards on eight attempts. Folks, that isn't on Baker.

Pat Elflein played RG and LG for the vikings before they simply waived him. They said they had better options. The Panthers don't. too bad. I think they need Bozeman to be back at center. Their oliine seems to be slow getting off the snap - front sevens of defenses are giving them fits. But I  don't know oline play. I'm just guessing that their oline is in disarray.

Baker is playing dismally - the wr's don't have much time to run a route most of the time. but still, he looks to not be able to help this offense.

Opposing defenses know there is little threat to throw long - they are all over the short range throws and especially, McCaffery. 27 rushing yards for a STAR rb?

Then there is Rhule. You can sit Baker - but it won't change anything much at all. I think the HC should go, and I don't know that Mcadoo is the problem or not.

Earier in the season- defenses were saying they knew what the Panther's offense was running, by the way they lined up.

So, the offense is a disaster, and too bad for Baker - he is the focus for poor play - but it's across the board, which ruins MCcafrey's ability a lot.

Personally, I would bench Baker and put P. J. Walker in, just to see if there is any kind of difference it would make.

The problem is, P. J. Walker has played nine games the past couple of seasons, has only 2 TD's to 8 ints.

Rhule, btw, was Walker's hc in college - at Temple. Walker went undrafted.

So, with Corral on IR, the Panthers are screwed at qb, and no qb could have made much of a difference with this offense the past few games.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.outkick.com/panthers-wide-receiver-dj-moore-matt-rhule-get-open-baker-mayfield-passing-woes/

This was from before Sunday's game.... Head Coach Matt Rhule put it out that the Panthers receivers need to do a better job of getting open, and DJ Moore wasn't having it. 

Aug 12, 2021Carolina Panthers WRs ranked No. 20 by NFL SpinZone writer. Randi Gurzi, who writes for NFL SpinZone and is the site expert at Dawg Pound Daily, recently produced his wide receiver group rankings ...
    That was last year. They did add Shenault.
Except he's hurt, and MCcaffrey was also qb vs the Cards, but he did play.

The Panthers have yet to officially rule out any players, but that doesn't mean they don't have important injuries to watch. Star running back Christian McCaffrey (thigh) is questionable for the game. DE Marquis Haynes (knee), WR Laviska Shenault Jr. (hamstring) and CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver (Achillies) are also questionable.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3915416/dj-moore

Baker is playing poorly, yes, but last year....without Baker: (far, far worse oline situation...)

"ESPN Fantasy Projection: Moore is entering his fifth NFL season having settled in as a solid WR2, but he simply hasn't been able to get over the top and into the WR1 mix. The 2018 first-round pick was fantasy's No. 18 WR last season, but had a low ceiling, delivering only three weekly finishes better than 22nd (only one of which was a top 10)"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, with Shenault sidelined, that put more attention on Moore. McCaffrey didn't have trouble getting open......fast enough, anyways. There was good reason why they traded for Shenault. They missed him bigly vs the Cards.

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The offensive line is playing pitifully. I think it was three 3rd and one plays, they could not gain much of an inch. I won't dump on their new LT - he has played against some very good players - but they are out of sync in a very bad way.

But they are not playing as poorly as Baker and the wr's in the passing game.

I mean, MCcaffrey was only 27 rushing yards on eight attempts. Folks, that isn't on Baker.

Pat Elflein played RG and LG for the vikings before they simply waived him. They said they had better options. The Panthers don't. too bad. I think they need Bozeman to be back at center. Their oliine seems to be slow getting off the snap - front sevens of defenses are giving them fits. But I  don't know oline play. I'm just guessing that their oline is in disarray.

Baker is playing dismally - the wr's don't have much time to run a route most of the time. but still, he looks to not be able to help this offense.

Opposing defenses know there is little threat to throw long - they are all over the short range throws and especially, McCaffery. 27 rushing yards for a STAR rb?

Then there is Rhule. You can sit Baker - but it won't change anything much at all. I think the HC should go, and I don't know that Mcadoo is the problem or not.

Earier in the season- defenses were saying they knew what the Panther's offense was running, by the way they lined up.

So, the offense is a disaster, and too bad for Baker - he is the focus for poor play - but it's across the board, which ruins MCcafrey's ability a lot.

Personally, I would bench Baker and put P. J. Walker in, just to see if there is any kind of difference it would make.

The problem is, P. J. Walker has played nine games the past couple of seasons, has only 2 TD's to 8 ints.

Rhule, btw, was Walker's hc in college - at Temple. Walker went undrafted.

So, with Corral on IR, the Panthers are screwed at qb, and no qb could have made much of a difference with this offense the past few games.

Makes you wonder how could a team this bad almost beat the Browns.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, hoorta said:

Yeah, Baker is on fire allright, here's his picture...  that 75 QBR is usually a quick trip to getting benched, probably the worst of any starting NFL QB.  Only thing saving him down Carolina way is Sam Darnold is probably even worse... 

Looks like Baker should have the starting job for the foreseeable future, it doesn't look like Darnold's high ankle sprain from Training Camp has progressed enough to allow him to play, but it is a tough road for the Panthers the next three weeks, with the 49ers, Rams and Bucs the next three games. If Baker can keep the job into November there's the Bengals on November 6th... for whatever reason that is one team Baker always performed well against. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 3:30 PM, hoorta said:

I can only surmise Tom is being sarcastic and reverting back to his trolling days.  Yeah, Baker is on fire allright, here's his picture...  that 75 QBR is usually a quick trip to getting benched, probably the worst of any starting NFL QB.  Only thing saving him down Carolina way is Sam Darnold is probably even worse... 

Dumpster Fire | Know Your Meme

It's not trolling Larry, it was a tongue in cheek sarcastic poke at everyone who said we would be sorry to let him go.

I don't know if you heard his response to all the fans booing, but he vomited out some attempt at positive rah rah and said (para) that he didn't care about that, that he is just focused on fixing this....and we are going to fix this in the locker room.

I thought to myself, "this guy is really fucked up, and this sounds fucked up". 

1) What is he fixing? 4 games in, he has to fix something? How did it get fucked up?

2) Several times he said they have to fix this in the locker room. The locker room? Don't you fix fuck ups in practice? This response leads me to believe that Carolina is on the verge of having Mayfield media horseshit like we did.

I never liked Mayfield. I claim no clairvoyance in picking QBs, but I always thought the guy was a weird mother fucker. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

It's not trolling Larry, it was a tongue in cheek sarcastic poke at everyone who said we would be sorry to let him go.

I don't know if you heard his response to all the fans booing, but he vomited out some attempt at positive rah rah and said (para) that he didn't care about that, that he is just focused on fixing this....and we are going to fix this in the locker room.

I thought to myself, "this guy is really fucked up, and this sounds fucked up". 

1) What is he fixing? 4 games in, he has to fix something? How did it get fucked up?

2) Several times he said they have to fix this in the locker room. The locker room? Don't you fix fuck ups in practice? This response leads me to believe that Carolina is on the verge of having Mayfield media horseshit like we did.

I never liked Mayfield. I claim no clairvoyance in picking QBs, but I always thought the guy was a weird mother fucker. 

Well then, I'm sorry...  It's going to take a bit (and it's still early in the season) for the Baker's Dozen here to admit Tia knows what he's talking about posting dozens of screen shots with Alice's Restaurant color glossies with the circles and arrows showing how Mayfield has been messing up for years...  I don't doubt Andrew Berry has a shit eating grin on his face now. Funny how there were a bunch of unverified comments that Baker wasn't a great locker room presence...  Ditto his receivers (shades of OBJ) are saying the same stuff we heard in Cleveland... 

I like to think those guys at NFL.com are relatively objective, and here's what they have to say about the #31 ranked team in their power rankings.   :)   

"With each passing week, it’s become increasingly clear the Panthers still have no answer at quarterback. Baker Mayfield struggled mightily yet again on Sunday against the Cardinals, missing open receivers and seeing several of his pass attempts swatted down at the line of scrimmage. It’s time for a change, but it’s not that easy for Matt Rhule. It was reported -- and later confirmed by Rhule -- on Monday that Sam Darnold (last year’s offseason QB acquisition who didn’t work out) is not close to returning from his high-ankle sprain, while third-round pick Matt Corral exited the picture in the summer after sustaining a foot injury. That means Rhule is probably stuck with Mayfield, who was on the receiving end of a resounding chorus of boos from the Panthers faithful on Sunday. The times, they are not good in Charlotte.

• Like 1

Jan 3, 2021Mayfield completed of 17 of 27 pass attempts for 196 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions in the Browns' Week 17 victory over the Steelers. He added six rushes for 44 yards on the ground ...
Jan 3, 2021CLEVELAND — Baker Mayfield took the shotgun snap, sprinted right, followed the blocks of running back Kareem Hunt, right tackle Jack Conklin and tight end Austin Hooper and gained 3 yards on fourth-and-2 with 1:10 left and the Steelers out of timeouts. The quarterback keeper sealed the 24-22 win Sunday and secured the Browns' first […]
Jan 3, 2021This is the first time the Browns have made the playoffs since 2002, finishing the season with an 11-5 record and the six seed in the AFC Playoffs. Mayfield once again crossed the 3,500 yards passing and 20 touchdowns threshold, becoming just the third quarterback in NFL history to do that in each of their first three seasons .
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:
Jan 3, 2021Mayfield completed of 17 of 27 pass attempts for 196 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions in the Browns' Week 17 victory over the Steelers. He added six rushes for 44 yards on the ground ...
Jan 3, 2021CLEVELAND — Baker Mayfield took the shotgun snap, sprinted right, followed the blocks of running back Kareem Hunt, right tackle Jack Conklin and tight end Austin Hooper and gained 3 yards on fourth-and-2 with 1:10 left and the Steelers out of timeouts. The quarterback keeper sealed the 24-22 win Sunday and secured the Browns' first […]
Jan 3, 2021This is the first time the Browns have made the playoffs since 2002, finishing the season with an 11-5 record and the six seed in the AFC Playoffs. Mayfield once again crossed the 3,500 yards passing and 20 touchdowns threshold, becoming just the third quarterback in NFL history to do that in each of their first three seasons .

Ancient history.  He's no longer a Brown.  Don't care.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well then, I'm sorry...  It's going to take a bit (and it's still early in the season) for the Baker's Dozen here to admit Tia knows what he's talking about posting dozens of screen shots with Alice's Restaurant color glossies with the circles and arrows showing how Mayfield has been messing up for years...  I don't doubt Andrew Berry has a shit eating grin on his face now. Funny how there were a bunch of unverified comments that Baker wasn't a great locker room presence...  Ditto his receivers (shades of OBJ) are saying the same stuff we heard in Cleveland... 

I like to think those guys at NFL.com are relatively objective, and here's what they have to say about the #31 ranked team in their power rankings.   :)   

"With each passing week, it’s become increasingly clear the Panthers still have no answer at quarterback. Baker Mayfield struggled mightily yet again on Sunday against the Cardinals, missing open receivers and seeing several of his pass attempts swatted down at the line of scrimmage. It’s time for a change, but it’s not that easy for Matt Rhule. It was reported -- and later confirmed by Rhule -- on Monday that Sam Darnold (last year’s offseason QB acquisition who didn’t work out) is not close to returning from his high-ankle sprain, while third-round pick Matt Corral exited the picture in the summer after sustaining a foot injury. That means Rhule is probably stuck with Mayfield, who was on the receiving end of a resounding chorus of boos from the Panthers faithful on Sunday. The times, they are not good in Charlotte.

I have been reading some odds and ends that hint at the very same things as well. Baker is still a hot topic although even his top supporters have to admit that defending Baker is approaching the mondo bizarro. I really don't see how anyone can argue that even Brisset (sp) is an upgrade over Mayfield. Finally, regarding Watson, I am sticking to my own personal philosophy that if something is not working, with reasonable consideration, you have to abandon it and try something else. Win, lose or draw, I believe the Watson move was proper because Mayfield is garbage. That guy wasn't taking this team anywhere.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Ancient history.  He's no longer a Brown.  Don't care.

Agreed. The problem with the Calfox perspective is that people like him believe that if someone did something once, then THAT forever is their true measure, and no mater what happens the next season or game, that person is immune to critique. Calfox's assumption that playoff Baker is the real Baker, holds less water than those of us who assume that the shit Baker we see now is the real Baker. It holds less water because Baker himself is reinforcing our position, and he is not reinforcing Cal's opinion.

Mayfield is a shit QB, He won't serve the year as Carolinas main QB.

I am not really interested in the fan battle of Baker....mistake or no, but I have to say I AM interested in having the talking heads eventually come out and say "The Browns got this one right".

I am sick of all the bullshit about how many coaches, qbs , gms, etc we have had, and how it shows in our lack of success.

So, on that note, I like watching Mayfield sinking ever further into shitdom.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Agreed. The problem with the Calfox perspective is that people like him believe that if someone did something once, then THAT forever is their true measure, and no mater what happens the next season or game, that person is immune to critique. Calfox's assumption that playoff Baker is the real Baker, holds less water than those of us who assume that the shit Baker we see now is the real Baker. It holds less water because Baker himself is reinforcing our position, and he is not reinforcing Cal's opinion.

Mayfield is a shit QB, He won't serve the year as Carolinas main QB.

The not so funny thing Tom is- I occasionally peruse other Browns forums. I'm sure as hell not going to go to the extent these other guys do, BUT. They keep track of the Baker fan club's doings of their migration over to Panther's forums. How the Browns did Baker wrong, and IF, IF, IF.. he only had better wide receivers and a better offensive line,  he'd have Carolina at 4-0. I seem to remember hearing that before.  

Well, IF, IF, IF he was a couple of inches taller he wouldn't already have 10 passes swatted down at the line. Said it before, NFL defensive coordinators spend a hell of a lot more time watching film than Tia, and if HE can see what Baker is failing at, you can bet the ranch the guys who do it for a living are well aware of it too. Not ready to stick a fork in Mayfield yet, but around another 4 games of mediocre football will seal the deal for me.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

The not so funny thing Tom is- I occasionally peruse other Browns forums. I'm sure as hell not going to go to the extent these other guys do, BUT. They keep track of the Baker fan club's doings of their migration over to Panther's forums. How the Browns did Baker wrong, and IF, IF, IF.. he only had better wide receivers and a better offensive line,  he'd have Carolina at 4-0. I seem to remember hearing that before.  

Well, IF, IF, IF he was a couple of inches taller he wouldn't already have 10 passes swatted down at the line. Said it before, NFL defensive coordinators spend a hell of a lot more time watching film than Tia, and if HE can see what Baker is failing at, you can bet the ranch the guys who do it for a living are well aware of it too. Not ready to stick a fork in Mayfield yet, but around another 4 games of mediocre football will seal the deal for me.  

What I shake my head at are the guys who were hoping that Baker would embarrass the Browns head-to-head.

WTF is that about?

On another funny take, you may remember me  having attached the moniker "cockeyed" to Queerdell Stewart", well I have a couple buddies in Pittsburgh who tell me that in practice Kenny P ais even worse and scatters passes all over the place.

It will be good to sweep those pricks.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just think, the Browns needed a last second 58 yard field goal to beat the legend of Mayfield.

Panthers 1-4

Browns 2-3

Yes, the Panthers suck but the Browns aren’t going to sniff the playoffs this year.

Browns miss the playoffs? Certainly possible...  But if the Browns can tread water at 3-3 until the arrival of the Massage Messiah against Houston... Anything's possible this year.  Just look at the box scores from Sunday... You could have won a bunch of coin betting the trifecta G-Men beating the Packers, Texans beating the Jags, and the Jets whomping the Dolphins.  :)  

• hoorta changed the title to Baker Mayfield Gets his Coach Fired!!!
15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Browns miss the playoffs? Certainly possible...  But if the Browns can tread water at 3-3 until the arrival of the Massage Messiah against Houston... Anything's possible this year.  Just look at the box scores from Sunday... You could have won a bunch of coin betting the trifecta G-Men beating the Packers, Texans beating the Jags, and the Jets whomping the Dolphins.  :)  

The Browns won’t be making the playoffs because of the defense and boneheaded calls by the OC/HC.

With the toughest stretch of the schedule still to come, I don’t think our overpaid Pervert will make much of a difference.

• Upvote 1

Baker, I'm happy you helped bring fun football to Cleveland. Right place at the right time.

Sadly, it didn't work out further for you & Cle.

Its 2022, we've got serious defensive woes, and you're gone. I could care less about Carolina- my liver can't take two sob stories.

• Upvote 2