THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield

Axe

42 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Even using your LINK, it still shows Baker's stats for that game, see below. Admit you're a liar calfox, otherwise you will lose whatever credibility you have left on this forum. 

Only if you also go to the box score, STUPID. wow. Do you get drunk more often than Hoorta? really? I didn't look at the box score.

Sun 11/14 1 2 3 4 FINAL
Cleveland (5-5) 7 0 0 0 7
New England (6-4) 7 17 7 14 45
Pass
C. Keenum (CLE), 12-8-81, 0 INT, 0 TD
M. Jones (NE), 23-19-198, 0 INT, 3 TD
Rush
D. Johnson (CLE), 19-99
R. Stevenson (NE), 20-100, 2 TD
Rec
D. Johnson (CLE), 7-58
K. Bourne (NE), 4-98, 1 TD

70 Memes That Are So Stupid

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The box scores are where you go to look up stats, don't act like you don't know what a box score is - or maybe you are that dumb......I mean did you take the short bus to school? That would explain a lot.

You're just mad because I called you out for the liar that you are.

I am formally charging you in the first degree for being a moron and fucktard. You are seriously messed up in the head and you should seek professional help. 

Refresher course...

31 personnel from empty vs the Pats "base" defensive personnel.  

819344785_Emptyoffsinglehigh_2.thumb.jpg.0e144b951b6dd04da0b081ee5351a428.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Double seam choice vs cover 3

Remember, the result of this play was Baker not throwing to either split field primary and instead scrambling damn near into a sack.

2133744893_Doubleseamchoice_2.thumb.jpg.eafb7429aaa473a1c47306400b687183.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

From this past Sunday.

21 personnel from empty vs PIT "base" defensive personnel

1520044206_WatsonvsC3.thumb.jpg.49cf16ce738647646d66bde03aaf06e5.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

846259717_WatsonvsC32.thumb.jpg.fd258215f85891244092b69f15ebe69c.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

601655462_WatsonvsC33.thumb.jpg.048a38e05d5abc13f622e4aa74a72215.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

308864310_WatsonvsC34.thumb.jpg.3d1fb2531186fb928fca2acc6dc347ff.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2080598043_WatsonvsC35.thumb.jpg.8eb51a34cab806dfb7ae537c3aaa36df.jpg

This was a 38 yard catch and run.     

The above two plays are almost the exact same offensive personnel,  The exact same formation, going against the exact same base defensive personnel, going against the exact same Cover 3 call.     Take this information for what you will.

My last post in this thread.  Baker is gone.  He did contribute to this team, and we should all be thankful for that.  However he was also a bit of an anchor on this, or any other team he's going to be on.   There is a trade-off any GM and coach is going to have with him.   It doesn't make him garbage by any stretch, but it does make him a bit limited and more towards the mean of NFL QB's as opposed to the apex.  

Taking on Deshaun was a franchise altering risk, there's no getting around that truth either.  The only difference, is I've seen how defense coordinators have treated both Baker and Watson during their respective NFL careers.  And the mutual opponents I can find, speaking in terms of how their DC's game-plan and execute against them, tends to show that those minds thought a bit... higher, of Watson's abilities than they did of Bakers.     I'm 3 drives in on the Browns offense from this past Sunday and I see parts of the game plan that make sense, because there's ideas in there from the first win.  Big caveat being the presence of TJ Watt.  Yes, he's that much of a difference maker.  There's also what amounts to, I'll call it the "run way show" where we're seeing the Odd Couple try to work.  That couple being Watson and Stef.    

I mentioned this before, but Stef is used to working the Keenums, Bakers, Cousins, etc etc.   And his offensive structure demands that a QB must facilitate as a point guard before he acts as a two guard.  Ultimately every QB should distribute like you're White Chocolate, which is the group of 3 I just listed.   But there comes times when you have to drive the lane and take points for yourself until defenses roll and account for you as well.    That's where you see players like Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and to a lesser extent the Herberts, Wilsons etc etc be special in the range of their arsenal. 

I've also mentioned that the majority of Stefs philosophy begins from the zone stretch under center like any Shanny disciple.  And now you've brought in a QB who has primarily been a player operating from the gun in vertical zone and RPO bases from Clemson to Houston.   That's why I joke about the "odd couple".   You're going to have a full off-season of two styles, one a bit more aggressive and QB driven, attempting to mesh with a style that is more calculated and running game/play action driven.  Going back as far as Run DMC and Aerosmith combining to form a type of rap-rock, (I guess at my younger age, I'd be more apt to say like Linkin Park, RATM or Body Count) Something really great, that can be diverse, flexible and fun can come from this union. Provided Stef and Watson remember that, before anything else, they are students of the game first and foremost.    

My greater attempt at this post was to rationalize things.   Watson, per my expectations, has looked incredibly shaky at times.  If your expectation was to believe he would come in at pro bowl form, then unfortunately that means only one of us is operating in the space of reality.  And I'm sorry to say, that likely means it isn't you.     Yes, Watson CAN read defenses.  Above is your proof.   I will say, Pittsburgh really treated this like their Superbowl.   They have showed defensive alignments and looks I haven't seen from them all year, and I do mean some really cool shit that had me looking at it twice.   So your young QB has to get back to the fundamental math, get up to speed, get into graduate work and become more familiar with his AFCN opponents tendencies.  Because that last part, as much as anything, tends to land you division wins.  

Deshaun had some misses this past sunday, and the previous one's before that.   Some of them pretty bad.  He also had some nice flashes that remind us of 2019 and 2020 and the level he can play at in a QB driven offense.   His mental and physical speed was never going to be where we wanted it after 2 years off and a half dozen games in a new offense.    Which is why this off-season, like so many before it, will be crucial.      On the bright side, if Watson even goes back to 75% of what he was, combined with having Cooper, Njoku, DPJ, (god willing) Bell taking a step up and the running game provided by Chubb and (soon to be) Ford...  there is personnel that make me confident that we might have a diverse and top-tier offense that values efficiency into explosion.  

But there will be some painful growth from now all the way through training camp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Keep on making excuses for poor Widdle Baker. When are you going to come to the realization what I've been saying for over a year is factual? Mayfield can only succeed when his surronding talent is perfect, and maybe not even then? :D

Yep, and Baker currently is about as relevant to the Browns as Brady Quinn is. I'll give the guy credit for his one decent year. But rapidly approaching around 7 out of 10 on the overall #1  pick in the draft bust scale.  Too bad his Fan Club can't let it go. 

Blow me. Now thats relevant!

😇

WSS 

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 6:16 PM, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

The box scores are where you go to look up stats, don't act like you don't know what a box score is - or maybe you are that dumb......I mean did you take the short bus to school? That would explain a lot.

You're just mad because I called you out for the liar that you are.

I am formally charging you in the first degree for being a moron and fucktard. You are seriously messed up in the head and you should seek professional help. 

odd. You sounds just like hoorta. LOL

haha. won't work. stupid. bye.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:25 PM, tiamat63 said:

Refresher course...

31 personnel from empty vs the Pats "base" defensive personnel.  

819344785_Emptyoffsinglehigh_2.thumb.jpg.0e144b951b6dd04da0b081ee5351a428.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Double seam choice vs cover 3

Remember, the result of this play was Baker not throwing to either split field primary and instead scrambling damn near into a sack.

2133744893_Doubleseamchoice_2.thumb.jpg.eafb7429aaa473a1c47306400b687183.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

From this past Sunday.

21 personnel from empty vs PIT "base" defensive personnel

1520044206_WatsonvsC3.thumb.jpg.49cf16ce738647646d66bde03aaf06e5.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

846259717_WatsonvsC32.thumb.jpg.fd258215f85891244092b69f15ebe69c.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

601655462_WatsonvsC33.thumb.jpg.048a38e05d5abc13f622e4aa74a72215.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

308864310_WatsonvsC34.thumb.jpg.3d1fb2531186fb928fca2acc6dc347ff.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2080598043_WatsonvsC35.thumb.jpg.8eb51a34cab806dfb7ae537c3aaa36df.jpg

This was a 38 yard catch and run.     

The above two plays are almost the exact same offensive personnel,  The exact same formation, going against the exact same base defensive personnel, going against the exact same Cover 3 call.     Take this information for what you will.

My last post in this thread.  Baker is gone.  He did contribute to this team, and we should all be thankful for that.  However he was also a bit of an anchor on this, or any other team he's going to be on.   There is a trade-off any GM and coach is going to have with him.   It doesn't make him garbage by any stretch, but it does make him a bit limited and more towards the mean of NFL QB's as opposed to the apex.  

Taking on Deshaun was a franchise altering risk, there's no getting around that truth either.  The only difference, is I've seen how defense coordinators have treated both Baker and Watson during their respective NFL careers.  And the mutual opponents I can find, speaking in terms of how their DC's game-plan and execute against them, tends to show that those minds thought a bit... higher, of Watson's abilities than they did of Bakers.     I'm 3 drives in on the Browns offense from this past Sunday and I see parts of the game plan that make sense, because there's ideas in there from the first win.  Big caveat being the presence of TJ Watt.  Yes, he's that much of a difference maker.  There's also what amounts to, I'll call it the "run way show" where we're seeing the Odd Couple try to work.  That couple being Watson and Stef.    

I mentioned this before, but Stef is used to working the Keenums, Bakers, Cousins, etc etc.   And his offensive structure demands that a QB must facilitate as a point guard before he acts as a two guard.  Ultimately every QB should distribute like you're White Chocolate, which is the group of 3 I just listed.   But there comes times when you have to drive the lane and take points for yourself until defenses roll and account for you as well.    That's where you see players like Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and to a lesser extent the Herberts, Wilsons etc etc be special in the range of their arsenal. 

I've also mentioned that the majority of Stefs philosophy begins from the zone stretch under center like any Shanny disciple.  And now you've brought in a QB who has primarily been a player operating from the gun in vertical zone and RPO bases from Clemson to Houston.   That's why I joke about the "odd couple".   You're going to have a full off-season of two styles, one a bit more aggressive and QB driven, attempting to mesh with a style that is more calculated and running game/play action driven.  Going back as far as Run DMC and Aerosmith combining to form a type of rap-rock, (I guess at my younger age, I'd be more apt to say like Linkin Park, RATM or Body Count) Something really great, that can be diverse, flexible and fun can come from this union. Provided Stef and Watson remember that, before anything else, they are students of the game first and foremost.    

My greater attempt at this post was to rationalize things.   Watson, per my expectations, has looked incredibly shaky at times.  If your expectation was to believe he would come in at pro bowl form, then unfortunately that means only one of us is operating in the space of reality.  And I'm sorry to say, that likely means it isn't you.     Yes, Watson CAN read defenses.  Above is your proof.   I will say, Pittsburgh really treated this like their Superbowl.   They have showed defensive alignments and looks I haven't seen from them all year, and I do mean some really cool shit that had me looking at it twice.   So your young QB has to get back to the fundamental math, get up to speed, get into graduate work and become more familiar with his AFCN opponents tendencies.  Because that last part, as much as anything, tends to land you division wins.  

Deshaun had some misses this past sunday, and the previous one's before that.   Some of them pretty bad.  He also had some nice flashes that remind us of 2019 and 2020 and the level he can play at in a QB driven offense.   His mental and physical speed was never going to be where we wanted it after 2 years off and a half dozen games in a new offense.    Which is why this off-season, like so many before it, will be crucial.      On the bright side, if Watson even goes back to 75% of what he was, combined with having Cooper, Njoku, DPJ, (god willing) Bell taking a step up and the running game provided by Chubb and (soon to be) Ford...  there is personnel that make me confident that we might have a diverse and top-tier offense that values efficiency into explosion.  

But there will be some painful growth from now all the way through training camp.

Great write up sir. Hope you continue to do these kinds of breakdowns

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 7:21 PM, Westside Steve said:

Blow me. Now thats relevant!

😇

WSS 

Aw, that's the best you can come up with?  Butt hurt Baker Fan Club...  You should go back to your fantasy forum where facts don't matter...  :D  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Aw, that's the best you can come up with?  Butt hurt Baker Fan Club...  You should go back to your fantasy forum where facts don't matter...  :D  

Seriously get over it. I like the guy I hope he does well hes not the quarterback of the Browns anymore. Neither are a lot of guys who I liked a lot when they were here  and wished them well. 

Butt hurt? Some of you jerk off's attack the kid because you have a personal rag on against another poster which is some stupid shit.  And unless your punk ass hero Watson turns it around next season we got fucked. 

Maybe you should be worried more about Stefanski keeping these bitches in line.

WSS

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Right, the poli board. You couldn't help yourself could ya.

You mean facts that don't matter such as Biden being investigated for possession of classified documents?

All of a sudden you're a no-show over there. C'mon over and let's talk about it.