THE BROWNS BOARD

​ "The"  🏈  Official Browns at Bengals Game 13 Thread  • WEEK 14 •  🏈 ​

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Time to keep Joe Burrow winless against the Browns!

I actually really like the kid, but I'd like for him to have to sit for nine months until the beginning of the 2023 season stewing on the fact that he's still winless vs the Browns more. 

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I actually really like the kid, but I'd like for him to have to stew for nine months until the beginning of the 2023 season stewing on the fact that he's still winless vs the Browns more. 

Classy kid that's not too hard to root for every time he plays against Pittsburgh or Baltimore.  He's got a lot of weapons on the perimeter so I hope our back tiers are ready for the challenge.  For some reason, the Browns have matched up well enough to exploit Cincy's weaknesses.  I don't see why they can't do it again if they've prepared like they should. Winning the turnover battle didn't hurt. It would be nice to see Watson run for some good chunks of yardage when it's available; and I think the mojo of it all would calm his nerves in the passing game.   

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

Classy kid that's not too hard to root for every time he plays against Pittsburgh or Baltimore.  He's got a lot of weapons on the perimeter so I hope our back tiers are ready for the challenge.  For some reason, the Browns have matched up well enough to exploit Cincy's weaknesses.  I don't see why they can't do it again if they've prepared like they should. Winning the turnover battle didn't hurt. It would be nice to see Watson run for some good chunks of yardage when it's available; and I think the mojo of it all would calm his nerves in the passing game.   

I think the reason the Browns seem to match up well against Cincinnati is that they aren't a very physical team. 

One of these days they are going to wake up and try and exploit the soft center that is the Browns defense.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think the reason the Browns seem to match up well against Cincinnati is that they aren't a very physical team. 

One of these days they are going to wake up and try and exploit the soft center that is the Browns defense.

Last time they got behind the sticks which prevented them from doing so. Let's hope history repeats itself today.

36 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Last time they got behind the sticks which prevented them from doing so. Let's hope history repeats itself today.

after watching the Bengals-Chiefs game again on record.....

the Bengals are coming to form, with Chase back. Should be quite a battle out there.

Burrow has been able to change plays, etc - and he's on fire. Hurst is out - interesting to see

just how good Wilcox can be at TE for the Bengals.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I actually really like the kid, but I'd like for him to have to sit for nine months until the beginning of the 2023 season stewing on the fact that he's still winless vs the Browns more. 

I have always admired Joe, the last High School Championship game I attended he was the QB for Athens.

I watched him toss 6 TD passes in that game, and knew he was something special.

When he committed to Ohio State I was thrilled, and when they let him walk to LSU….I was pissed.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I would expect Cincy to put 8 guys on the line to slow down Chubb, and and dare DW to beat them.

Njoku is playing, right?

Would be a great time for play-action passes downfield to him to get those safeties back.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I have always admired Joe, the last High School Championship game I attended he was the QB for Athens.

I watched him toss 6 TD passes in that game, and knew he was something special.

When he committed to Ohio State I was thrilled, and when they let him walk to LSU….I was pissed.

Unfortunately the Browns didn't have the #1 overall pick the season he came out in the NFL Draft.