THE BROWNS BOARD

​ "The"  🏈  Official Browns at Bengals Game 13 Thread  • WEEK 14 •  🏈 ​

Dutch Oven

• mjp28 changed the title to ​ "The"  🏈  Official Browns at Bengals Game 13 Thread  • WEEK 14 •  🏈 ​
1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Garrett gets told by the NFL they aren’t calling holding calls against him because he’s too good. Browns get two well below average holding calls against them. Brutal. 

Nice shot to the Watson's face that didn't get called either. 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns offense, after the first scripited drive, looking sluggish as usual. 

Second holding call on Browns. 

Bengals came out single high, able to take a couple more shots and that opens up the screen game.

They've gone more man and 2 high looks, have to play a more patient brand of ball. 

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The 1st drive we seemed to look and stretch the D and since then, it's all dink and dunk. 

Same response as above.  

Watson looks more settled in the pocket at least, so that's a really nice thing to see.   Also made a nice protection call to bottle up that 7 man pressure, he just missed Coop.  The fact both Stef and Watson are looking to block pressure and drive the ball downfield as opposed to throwing out of it is a good call.  The latter requiring a QB and receiver chemistry we don't have the luxury of right now.

CIN coaches going full retard and still not employing the interior running game at us.  Which is a head scratcher for me, so apparently Joey Buckets is going to just sling the rock 45+ times a game? 

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Genuinely curious- how many games do you give Watson to shake off rust? I’m not sure I know the answer, but these have been Mayfield level missed reads so far.

I honestly don't expect great things for the rest of this season from Watson, hopefully incremental progress I guess.