THE BROWNS BOARD

​ "The"  🏈  Official Browns at Bengals Game 13 Thread  • WEEK 14 •  🏈 ​

Dutch Oven

2 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Baker didn't have a 700 day lay off. When the NFL extended Watson's suspension from 6 to 11 games, our season was effectively over, we hoped otherwise but it is what is.

I know what you are saying - but his suspension was only about 330 days, and  the rest, he did to himself. He is responsible for his own troubles. Plenty of time to work on his mechanics on his own.

He may start being a terrific qb next year...or not. Still a sad situation.

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I know what you are saying - but his suspension was only about 330 days, and  the rest, he did to himself. He is responsible for his own troubles. Plenty of time to work on his mechanics on his own.

He may start being a terrific qb next year...or not. Still a sad situation.

Self inflicted doesn't matter in the reality of things it's still almost 2 years not playing at game speed. The good news is that his play noticeably improved from last week so maybe by the end of the season we'll see the DeShaun we paid for. I watched part of the game and there was a near sack with his legs wrapped up where he still made a long completion. I'm optimistic for the future.

39 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

There is  NO  template or road map or anything else that would explain what happens for a player who's been out around two years and is being sued by dozens of women (you know the story)  etc, etc.   None.

^ add to the above, handed 23% of a billion dollars in fully guaranteed money no matter how he performs on the field..... what could possibly go wrong with that? 

7 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Self inflicted doesn't matter in the reality of things it's still almost 2 years not playing at game speed. The good news is that his play noticeably improved from last week so maybe by the end of the season we'll see the DeShaun we paid for. I watched part of the game and there was a near sack with his legs wrapped up where he still made a long completion. I'm optimistic for the future.

The good news is that this throws looked much better today than his first week. The worm burners were noticeably gone today. He missed some open guys and at times seemed a click late on other throws, but I would imagine that will keep getting better as these final games go on. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

^ add to the above, handed 23% of a billion dollars in fully guaranteed money no matter how he performs on the field..... what could possibly go wrong with that? 

Absolutely nothing.     :lol:.   

Now from a business or financial perspective well let's put it in their terms .....  AHHHHHHHH !   What were you thinking  ?   Are you out of your freakin' mind ?   Oh and draft picks too ..... oh yeah.   Brilliant.       :blink:

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Absolutely nothing.     :lol:.   

Now from a business or financial perspective well let's put it in their terms .....  AHHHHHHHH !   What were you thinking  ?   Are you out of your freakin' mind ?   Oh and draft picks too ..... oh yeah.   Brilliant.       :blink:

I don't pay my gardener, er landscaping technician, until he finishes his 4th and final service of the month, pretty sure I wouldn't hand an athlete money I couldn't recoup before they performed.... but I guess I'm weird that way. 😎

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

I don't pay my gardener, er landscaping technician, until he finishes his 4th and final service of the month, pretty sure I wouldn't hand an athlete money I couldn't recoup before they performed.... but I guess I'm weird that way. 😎

Watson mows your lawn ?

18 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Ted Williams gave a lot of his prime to his country, he came back and didn't miss a step.

Muhammad Ali, a coward who self-imposed a long layoff came back to top form in a short period of time.

Watson is making roughly 3 million dollars for a.60 minute game. Fuck his warm up time. If the cocksucker needs 6 games to get back to his regular self? Then he needs to refund the Browns for those gdidn't,

We didn't pay for this shit.

Just now, D Bone said:

No, but if he did, he wouldn't get paid until he performed up to my expectations. 

guess it expects what your expectations are ? we all have different ideals some are patient some arnt  I mean was your hedge pruned properly ? what about the edging of your lawn ? are going to fire them before they can make it right ? or give them a second chance

25 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Ted Williams gave a lot of his prime to his country, he came back and didn't miss a step.

Muhammad Ali, a coward who self-imposed a long layoff came back to top form in a short period of time.

Watson is making roughly 3 million dollars for a.60 minute game. Fuck his warm up time. If the cocksucker needs 6 games to get back to his regular self? Then he needs to refund the Browns for those gdidn't,

Muhammad Ali a coward? 😂😂 I didn't continue reading after that

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, syd said:

guess it expects what your expectations are ? we all have different ideals some are patient some arnt  I mean was your hedge pruned properly ? what about the edging of your lawn ? are going to fire them before they can make it right ? or give them a second chance

If you wanted your house painted, would you call up your town's best painting contractor, negotiate a price and then deposit the full $15K dollars into their account before they so much as set foot on your property?

^ Rhetorical question, as we all know what happens to the vast majority of humans when they lose the carrot. Watson is going to have to be elite, and in more ways than one, to not simply be human. 

I will tell you this, if someone paid me 2 million up front to race motocross, I would make many a business decision per lap compared to if I had to win to get that same 2 million.... imagine how I would ride with two zeros after the number 2. 

But what do I know, the rust will just drip away sooner or later....... right? 

Watson had 309 yards of total offense , 1 TD and 1 INT. And then I read the comments about him and wonder to myself if these people even watched the same game I did? 

The one announcer last week said Watson is a football junkie. Still some won't even consider the obvious and if you do then you're just making excuses. What he's doing is fucking amazing and I hope he continues to progress. 

16 minutes ago, D Bone said:

If you wanted your house painted, would you call up your town's best painting contractor, negotiate a price and then deposit the full $15K dollars into their account before they so much as set foot on your property?

^ Rhetorical question, as we all know what happens to the vast majority of humans when they lose the carrot. Watson is going to have to be elite, and in more ways than one, to not simply be human. 

I will tell you this, if someone paid me 2 million up front to race motocross, I would make many a business decision per lap compared to if I had to win to get that same 2 million.... imagine how I would ride with two zeros after the number 2. 

But what do I know, the rust will just drip away sooner or later....... right? 

um my bro in law painted my house and i paid him up front

1 minute ago, syd said:

um my bro in law painted my house and i paid him up front

Well, I guess it wasn't a rhetorical question to you. I keep waiting for people to pay me in full before I start work, but no one seems to want to.

Although, there's a big job coming out for bid at our local Pilot Flying J, so there's a chance baby! 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

D Bone's head is going to explode when his chauffeur or butler informs him that virtually all contracts in MLB, NBA and the NHL are fully guaranteed. 

Oh James already told me - yes, his name really is James.

Anyone arguing against my point is only arguing to argue so they have something to argue about. But it's what the internet is for I guess. 

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

A better comparison is Bob"Rapid Robert" Feller... Did a four year stint in the military... Came back... Didnt miss a step and forged a HOF career...

7 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

He found Islam only for the purpose of dodging the draft. He was, indeed, a coward.

Not only that... I believe someone had Rocky Marciano killed or Ali would've never had a lucrative boxing career.. in fact Ali purposely avoided Marciano.. Because had he got in the ring with him.. The rock would've kicked his ass... My old man sat and drank coffee with the Rock on several occasions.. Told me a lot of inside stuff when I was a kid.. I miss the good old days...

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

Not only that... I believe someone had Rocky Marciano killed or Ali would've never had a lucrative boxing career.. in fact Ali purposely avoided Marciano.. Because had he got in the ring with him.. The rock would've kicked his ass...

Jesus H. Christ.

In the litany of truly idiotic things you've spouted on here, congratulations, you've reached a new low. Marciano was 19 years older than Ali. By the time Ali won a Gold Medal at the age of 18 at the 1960 Olympics, Marciano was already 37 years old. He had retired from boxing in 1956, when Clay/Ali was 14 years old. 

And Ali became a Muslim in 1961, years before the first American troops entered Vietnam. 

Embarrassing. 

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Watson looked much better today.  The rest of the team sucked.

It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jesus H. Christ.

In the litany of truly idiotic things you've spouted on here, congratulations, you've reached a new low. Marciano was 19 years older than Ali. By the time Ali won a Gold Medal at the age of 18 at the 1960 Olympics, Marciano was already 37 years old. He had retired from boxing in 1956, when Clay/Ali was 14 years old. 

And Ali became a Muslim in 1961, years before the first American troops entered Vietnam. 

Embarrassing. 

Go argue about it with my dead father...

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

Tell that to Bob Feller and Ted Williams who had their careers halted by Military service .. Came back to the game and didn't miss a beat...This clown has been abysmal...

4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

If that was Mayfield yesterday, the loss would be totally his fault...according to you and the Cleveland media. I don't hate Watson....but he sucks. Now Haslam?...yeah...I hate him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

He found Islam only for the purpose of dodging the draft. He was, indeed, a coward.

He converted to Islam before the Vietnam war even started lol. He never used Islam to dodge the draft he said "no vietcong ever called me nigga" and was a conscientious objector. Get your facts straight.