THE BROWNS BOARD

​ "The"  🏈  Official Browns at Bengals Game 13 Thread  • WEEK 14 •  🏈 ​

Dutch Oven

18 minutes ago, D Bone said:

At least he was cheap. 

Oh yeah  "the deal"   of the century.    :lol:

I can see why he was such a great NFL quarterback with Houston.   Unfortunately the BROWNS great OL kind of emploded, the #1 running game has sputtered lately   -but-   like they say it does start up front. OL and DL.

And now we are doing a.  "what went wrong "  autopsy  of the 2022 Cleveland BROWNS.     Too bad.

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Watson looked much better today.  The rest of the team sucked.

That's exactly right.   He can't throw them, catch them while running for his life.

He's a much better athlete than Jacoby and FOR SURE better than Baker Mayfield.    Oh well NFL WEEK 15 coming up  .... ready or not.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

That's exactly right.   He can't throw them, catch them while running for his life.

He's a much better athlete than Jacoby and FOR SURE better than Baker Mayfield.    Oh well NFL WEEK 15 coming up  .... ready or not.

wonder why they moved the game to saturday ?

8 minutes ago, syd said:

wonder why they moved the game to saturday ?

My season tickets package said the game was TBA, either the 17th or 18th from the very beginning. It took the NFL awhile to figure it out.

14 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

My season tickets package said the game was TBA, either the 17th or 18th from the very beginning. It took the NFL awhile to figure it out.

so you gonna be there on saturday ?

cause if not im sure nickers would buy em so he could wear his no means no tee and boo Watson the entire game hell he would probably wear a ratbirds shirt

36 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

He looked much better than last week, obviously. I'm hoping for incremental improvement over the last games this season.

But he, along with the rest of the team, are wasted next season if this coaching staff is brought back, IMO. 

• Upvote 1

Just watched that garbage. Kevin still can’t stop shooting this team in the foot with his head scratchers and refusal to accept three points. You bring in brissett to throw  a deep ball . . . The one part of his game that has been glaringly bad all year?? WTF dude. 

Our pass D has to be the softest there’s ever been on an NFL field. We spot them 10 free yards every snap by playing 15 yards off the receivers. The middle of the field is still wide open all the time because we can’t do anything but play weak ass zone . . . And everyone is still confused after half the snaps. My wife’s vagina could coach up a stronger pass defense. 

I don’t want them to fire Kevin, but I wouldn’t be upset if they did at this point. His game day management is still fucking atrocious, and it’s been three fucking seasons. He gets out coached consistently in the second half, and out coached consistently by any coach who has a successful NFL resume. He apparently refuses to take any responsibility for or make any adjustments at all on the defense. 

If his boss didn’t make even dumber decisions than he does there would be no defense for this team to have gotten significantly worse since he won coach of the year two years ago.  FUCK

It was nice to see Njoku take over that drive in the 3rd 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Why?!?!? said:

Just watched that garbage. Kevin still can’t stop shooting this team in the foot with his head scratchers and refusal to accept three points. You bring in brissett to throw  a deep ball . . . The one part of his game that has been glaringly bad all year?? WTF dude

whats funny is that i called it before the snap knowing that kevin has once again try to prove he is the smartest guy on the field

• Upvote 1

In 2 full games with Deshaun Watson the Browns have scored a total of 16 points including just 1 TD. He's a combined 38/64 (59%) for 407 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, and a 70.2 Passer Rating. I expected more for $230,000,000 + 3 1st Rd draft picks.
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, nickers said:
In 2 full games with Deshaun Watson the Browns have scored a total of 16 points including just 1 TD. He's a combined 38/64 (59%) for 407 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, and a 70.2 Passer Rating. I expected more for $230,000,000 + 3 1st Rd draft picks.

But...excuses. 

42 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

But...excuses. 

...or is it reasons?   Like, this was his second football game in two years.  And he's on a new team but wasn't allowed to 'be' with the team and get in sync with his new players.   They're called 'reasons' because many of us anticipated this type of start for Watson.  Of course, those who think that someone can be plopped into this type of situation and come out of the box with 125 passer rating....well, I got nothin' for ya.

• Upvote 1

There is  NO  template or road map or anything else that would explain what happens for a player who's been out around two years and is being sued by dozens of women (you know the story)  etc, etc.   None.

It's one week at a time, one game at a time.

Anything else is just needless conjecture.   Eh ?   :huh:

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes.

But they will not. He'll get fired during or after next season. 

I didn't see the game today.  So I looked up the playbook to check the Brissett pass.  So Stef sent him in there on a 4th and 1.  And because he's a very good QB sneak quarterback, and Hudson reported as an eligible receiver, it would certainly look like a QB sneak.  Stef thought he'd have a wide open receiver.

Is that the way it was?   I mean, Jacoby wasn't in a shot-gun or anything was he?   (I haven't seen the play)

....of course, I'm not a big fan of the way he's been passing up FG's this season, but we just don't know for sure if it's an organizational mandate (analytics).  

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

I didn't see the game today.  So I looked up the playbook to check the Brissett pass.  So Stef sent him in there on a 4th and 1.  And because he's a very good QB sneak quarterback, and Hudson reported as an eligible receiver, it would certainly look like a QB sneak.  Stef thought he'd have a wide open receiver.

Is that the way it was?   I mean, Jacoby wasn't in a shot-gun or anything was he?   (I haven't seen the play)

....of course, I'm not a big fan of the way he's been passing up FG's this season, but we just don't know for sure if it's an organizational mandate (analytics).  

The play drawn up was perfect & of course #7 overthrew DPJ by a few yards, should have been a TD. He wasn't in shotgun.

It's just an odd call, considering they're paying DW all that $$.

I'm wondering how these last 4 games will pan out. If the Browns battle hard, they haven't quit on Stefanski.

Damnit. I want to be optimistic. Today sucked.

• Thanks 1

reasons for the "superstar" super qb, but always excuses for Baker. got  it.  It isn't llike watson has only been with the Browns for three days, and expecting him to direct a game winning TD drive and get a game ball for 230 million and three draft choices......

but the problem is stef - he doesn't make much sense as a hc. You have a once in a decade? RB and he nets 34 yards????

dammit. But get rid of Steph and you still have the fo and ownership problem. They got outcoached AGAIN.

watson has a nice arm, but accuracy is crap. Made a few good throws. Here and there. The worst qb in the nfl can do that. Well, except for Josh Rosen....

Wouldn't let York try a FG......too bad.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

To be fair, it was set up perfectly.

Everyone in the stadium thought JB was going to QB sneak, he gets under center, fakes a handoff (I believe?) and rolls back and overthrowns DPJ, who had at least one, maybe two steps on the nearest defender. A decent throw and it is a touchdown. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

There is  NO  template or road map or anything else that would explain what happens for a player who's been out around two years and is being sued by dozens of women (you know the story)  etc, etc.   None.

It's one week at a time, one game at a time.

Anything else is just needless conjecture.   Eh ?   :huh:

While this is true, he could use a better Head Coach

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

reasons for the "superstar" super qb, but always excuses for Baker. got  it.  It isn't llike watson has only been with the Browns for three days, and expecting him to direct a game winning TD drive and get a game ball for 230 million and three draft choices......

Does your wife know you wish it was you in Baker's SUV at the Cheesecake Factory blowing him? 

You'd enjoy that "bigly", I suspect. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Baker didn't have a 700 day lay off. When the NFL extended Watson's suspension from 6 to 11 games, our season was effectively over, we hoped otherwise but it is what is.