THE BROWNS BOARD

"The"  🏉  2023 NFL Draft: Friday Day 2 Thread.  🏉

Dutch Oven

14 hours ago, nickers said:

I will admit... I'm not high on the first pick... Here come the Clowns again taking injury riddled players... Fuckers never learn... Always trying to cut corners on certain positions... ass hats!

why am i not surprised to see this  ? he missed 4 game's last year with a ankle sprain that's it. his durability has never been a problem

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

And if Archane isn't what you believe, then it'll be crickets.  Sort of like with Ogbuehi, who is now one of the worst tackles in the NFL.  Or with Leal, who had an abysmal showing at several positions as a rookie even before being injured.  Ifedi became a complete afterthought, Wydermyer hasn't logged a single catch as a pro after being passed around 3 teams, and holy fuck balls was Kenyon Green probably the worst lineman for Houston.  

I know you love your Aggies and carry it with pride, but check the trolling - and especially the score keeping - at the door. 

Come on now you can't expect people to not be hypocrites lmao. Every aggie is bound to be a star and if they aren't its obviously something out of their control that kept them from achieving what ag knew they would be. By his scouting reports if browns just drafted an aggie with every pick we have ever held we would already have celebrated multiple super bowl victories by our favorite team. 

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I found a source for some all-22 on the vols.  Ceddy's injuries concern me, but I can't help but draw a parallel to another receiver I loved that he just looks like on the field. 

Here's some hints.

Ceddy:

Height Weight Arm length Hand span 40-yard dash 10-yard split 20-yard split Three-cone drill Vertical jump Broad jump
6 ft 3+38 in
(1.91 m)
213 lb
(97 kg)
32+34 in
(0.83 m)
10 in
(0.25 m)
4.54 s 1.53 s 2.64 s 7.32 s 37.0 in
(0.94 m)
10 ft 8 in
(3.25 m)

Mystery receiver.

Height Weight Arm length Hand span 40-yard dash 10-yard split 20-yard split 20-yard shuttle Three-cone drill Vertical jump Broad jump Bench press
6 ft 2+34 in
(1.90 m)
212 lb
(96 kg)
32+18 in
(0.82 m)
10+12 in
(0.27 m)
4.57 s 1.63 s 2.63 s 4.13 s 6.80 s 35 in
(0.89 m)
10 ft 6 in
(3.20 m)

Winner gets a cookie.

My guess is a lot of buckeye fans will know that 2nd guy.  He was drafted a round ahead of mr. Tillman though

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

We have a winner. 

Since you brought it up thinking back about Thomas, watching Tillman's film, and looking at measurables they are eerily similar. I feel like MT had a more polished route tree by a large margin though but could be bias because of the college tie

11 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Since you brought it up thinking back about Thomas, watching Tillman's film, and looking at measurables they are eerily similar. I feel like MT had a more polished route tree by a large margin though but could be bias because of the college tie

The route selection looks strangely similar as well at times.   Yeah, Tillman isn't quite where MT was as a rookie.  But I see the potential that he could one day get there.

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Don't worry your sweet little heart, if the Bucs running game is anything like it was this past season for Brady, then Baker will have plenty of receivers to disappoint this upcoming season. 

admit it, ghengis yawn.

I was right about the wr group, as well as Doug Dieken was right.

now, even the browns fo knows it. drafted one with their first pick, after trading a second for Moore ( a really good wr) and signing another fa.

So, that means, ghengis, that you were W_________ . (fill in the blank)

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

admit it, ghengis yawn.

now, even the browns fo knows it. drafted one with their first pick, after trading a second for Moore ( a really good wr) and signing another fa.

fredo im smart.jpeg

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

admit it, ghengis yawn.

So are you saying they didn't give baker mayfield weapons? Im pretty sure it was said by many pundits leading into the second baker season that the browns had the best weapons with landry obj njoku bryant chubb and hunt. 

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

So are you saying they didn't give baker mayfield weapons? Im pretty sure it was said by many pundits leading into the second baker season that the browns had the best weapons with landry obj njoku bryant chubb and hunt. 

I said all the other qbs for the Browns.

https://twitter.com/BradCongelio/status/1620147289611468800/photo/1

look at the image in new private window - that's how I have to see it:

(average time to throw vs average receiver separation - the Browns were the WORST)

r/nfl - The 2022 NFL Average Time to Throw vs Completion Probability

11 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Everything concerning the Browns when it comes to calfox has to do with his unending love for Baker Mayfield, and his inability to ever admit that he's not a franchise QB.

Don't let him bullshit you that the nonsense he spews isn't exactly that. 

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

(average time to throw vs average receiver separation - the Browns were the WORST)

That's obviously a great chart that shows without doubt how good wrs are because when i think elite pass offenses with great wrs that get seperation i think of the chicago bears

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/07/16/browns-wide-receivers-separation/

Cleveland Browns: Just how bad was the wide receiver play in 2021?

Which teams were ranked lower than the Cleveland Browns?

Cleveland came in at No. 30 with just the New York Giants and Tennessee Titans faring worse than their wideouts.

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

My guess is a lot of buckeye fans will know that 2nd guy.  He was drafted a round ahead of mr. Tillman though

thats the guy I wanted... not injury riddled Tillweed...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Cleveland came in at No. 30 with just the New York Giants and Tennessee Titans faring worse than their wideouts.

That is based only on receivers that were targeted so its very possible to assume that maybe the qb was just throwing to the wrong guy..... i can think of quite a few times guys were running wide open but weren't seen and targeted by the qb

10 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

That is based only on receivers that were targeted so its very possible to assume that maybe the qb was just throwing to the wrong guy..... i can think of quite a few times guys were running wide open but weren't seen and targeted by the qb

that has happened to a lot of teams - depends on the defense closing in, no time left to throw the ball, running the wrong routes.

I don't know, just sayin. I've seen it happen to the best teams at times.

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

r/nfl - The 2022 NFL Average Time to Throw vs Completion Probability

That's average completion probability - NOT separation. 

Hilariously enough, this chart is SO strangely similar to poor throws under pressure...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/2022-worst-qb-rating-under-pressure#:~:text=Zach Wilson had the worst,2022%2C with a 72.8 rating.

And overall passer rating for full time starters... 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

For good measure, also aligns right up there with bad value throw percentage.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/completion-percentage

I don't think you actually understand what you posted. 

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't think you actually understand what you posted. 

I don't think you understand what a wimpy change of subject you posted.

tiam: "i'm not wrong, not ever, because uh....because.... the uniforms teams wear are pretty but sometimes they are not"

that kind of cya. LOL (it's called an analogy)

56 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Just now, nickers said:

Quit drinking you drunken goober!

wtf doe's drinking have to do with anything ?  you said that Tillman had a injury problem and he only missed 4 game's with a ankle sprain, so step off with your bullshit