THE BROWNS BOARD

● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●

nickers

Watson was a .500 quarterback when he came back last year, he's a .500 qb now. It's not great but he's not the worst by far. I stand by what I said, it's not time to panic yet, he still has time to turn it around. We just lost a major piece guys, the whole team is going to feel that not just Watson. It's going to take some time to try to replace that production. As far as the "230 million dollar joke", the Browns did not have to give him that kind of money. 

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Watson was a .500 quarterback when he came back last year, he's a .500 qb now. It's not great but he's not the worst by far. I stand by what I said, it's not time to panic yet, he still has time to turn it around. We just lost a major piece guys, the whole team is going to feel that not just Watson. It's going to take some time to try to replace that production. As far as the "230 million dollar joke", the Browns did not have to give him that kind of money. 

Worst? Well I was pretty shocked that NFL.com had Watson ranked as high as #28 of starting QBs.  Personally, I have him at #31, ahead of only Zack Wilson he of 310 yards passing, 2 TDs 4 interceptions, and a stellar QBR of 53.  

Maybe the Browns should have taken the stock market disclaimer to heart- "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". :D 

& If we hadn't given Watson that stupid deal, some other team would have. Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun. Should he continue to stink, he's as good as gone, and Kev along with him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Worst? Well I was pretty shocked that NFL.com had Watson ranked as high as #28 of starting QBs.  Personally, I have him at #31, ahead of only Zack Wilson he of 310 yards passing, 2 TDs 4 interceptions, and a stellar QBR of 53.  

Maybe the Browns should have taken the stock market disclaimer to heart- "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". :D 

& If we hadn't given Watson that stupid deal, some other team would have. Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun. Should he continue to stink, he's as good as gone, and Kev along with him. 

Depudpuller should be the first to go...

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun.

Again, not Watson's fault. He now has to live up to that contract without our biggest offensive weapon. Does Watson need to improve? Of couse he does. I'm getting so tired of this same old song and dance. It's funny that a majority of people aren't willing to give Watson the same leash as some of the other qb's in the Browns past. For once it would be nice if certain members of the fan base didn't lose their shit as soon as the slightest hint the qb may be struggling. 

Soon as Watson throws an incomplete pass in the next game people will be chanting for DTR. Then DTR will come in, get hurt, then we're shit out of luck and fans calling for everyone to be fired and blow the whole thing up. It's the same fucking shit every year.

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Again, not Watson's fault. He now has to live up to that contract without our biggest offensive weapon. Does Watson need to improve? Of couse he does. I'm getting so tired of this same old song and dance. It's funny that a majority of people aren't willing to give Watson the same leash as some of the other qb's in the Browns past. For once it would be nice if certain members of the fan base didn't lose their shit as soon as the slightest hint the qb may be struggling. 

Soon as Watson throws an incomplete pass in the next game people will be chanting for DTR. Then DTR will come in, get hurt, then we're shit out of luck and fans calling for everyone to be fired and blow the whole thing up. It's the same fucking shit every year.

So tell me whats working? Blow the thing up and put it back together until it fucking works...

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

So tell me whats working? Blow the thing up and put it back together until it fucking works...

And that's why the Browns are fucking basement dwellers every year. I'm giving Watson the same leash as I gave Mayfield and every other qb that came before him. He hasn't even played a full NFL season for the Browns yet and people want him gone because he isn't living up to the contract the morons in the front office gave him.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

And that's why the Browns are fucking basement dwellers every year. I'm giving Watson the same leash as I gave Mayfield and every other qb that came before him. He hasn't even played a full NFL season for the Browns yet and people want him gone because he isn't living up to the contract the morons in the front office gave him.

He's played 8 games and still looks the same... Pure trash!

On 9/20/2023 at 3:02 PM, The Junkyard Dog said:

How exactly is he a POS friend?

Some of these guys are acting like Watson gave himself that 200 million dollar contract. It's amazing how little it takes for some fans to completely shit  themselves. From what I remember, the Browns wasn't even one of Watson's destinations. Sounds like they made him an offer he can't refuse. Can't blame him for taking that contract. What's not being said is how stupid to fully guarantee a contract. But no, let's take it out on Watson🙄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neo said:

Some of these guys are acting like Watson gave himself that 200 million dollar contract. It's amazing how little it takes for some fans to completely shit  themselves. From what I remember, the Browns wasn't even one of Watson's destinations. Sounds like they made him an offer he can't refuse. Can't blame him for taking that contract. What's not being said is how stupid to fully guarantee a contract. But no, let's take it out on Watson🙄

The real problem as several have intimated here is that our piss poor OT's being attacked they way they are leads to deer in the headlights QB play. I don't blame him at all at this point, especially when coaching does not adjust to quicker patterns to throw to instead (as tia says) of patterns that require at least average PassPro.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Yes, yes, yes, he needs to post happy things like you do.

Otis is hitting the bottle hard I see..

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, nickers said:

He's played 8 games and still looks the same... Pure trash!

Yeah, pretty bad.. But it's a huge assumption on your part that he can't play any better than he has in those 8 games. BTW, there's an article on Cleveland.com where Deshawn goes into detail (more like makes every excuse in the book) why the offense in general and him in particular are blowing dead worms. I did get to read it earlier today on my tablet. Unfortunately, it's hiding behind a paywall, and I'm not certain I want to pay the $10 bucks a month to get their Browns takes. 

What is of serious concern is seeing a next gen stat Watson is the second slowest in the league getting rid of the ball when he drops back to pass. Flat out not seeing things fast enough. There's been plenty of times he's had guys (Njoku) wide open, and hasn't seen them. Follows why he's being treated like a piñata back there, and bailing out. 

■ --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson questions and comments will go here, thank you. <--- ■

~   Just to help put this one person and the many, many thoughts about him in one spot.

Especially since we are entering. -WEEK 3-  of the NFL  season.   We pretty much know who the starting Quarterback is for our Cleveland BROWNS. 

This will help to clean things up a bit.    Thanks.

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.    🏈     ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.

• Haha 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●
3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Nick, Mahommes would fail in this system. This guy needs Tobe allowed to play as his body and skills dictate.

The Cleveland Browns are where QBs go to die.

Yeah , well.... I'm not holdin my breath one way or the other...

• Zombo unpinned this topic
  • mjp28 pinned this topic